The RSTL UNITED: The Unified Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Jun 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

====================
    THE RSTL UNITED
    ====================

The RSTL United is a publication made for the audio and the text division of the Rapmusic Story/Topic League. This first ever unification of both the audio and text will package itself into one big magazine to provide a lengthier but more interesting type of information to the readers. All stories, columns, articles are reported in the actions, exploits and events happening in the league. If you are interested in writing and submitting a story, you can contact TEK on AIM @ tekneek2000. You can also contact by e-mail at james909@gmail.com

What is up, you are now tuned in to RSTL UNITED, the first ever magazine that features both the audio and text leagues in the RSTL. For this time, we have lots of things to cover on both sides, some features in regards to GOT LIFE'S climb to the top. We also have on the audio side some critical points to cover in regards to voting and the changes that soon may come to be. A lot of things to look into…

But first let me breakdown on the situation two weeks ago with DIC vs GOT LIFE.
    test
  2. TeKneeK

GOT LIFE & THE PROBLEMS IN WHOLE - Text

First off, when the RSTL was handed to me, I had sought to change line limits. The line limits were one of the main problems for those not voting due to the lengthy 'storybook' rhymes that took too much time and too much out of the reader. The mods felt that that was one significant problem that plagued the system. Another thing, time changes were also changed but at a much previous time, and many who read their threads do NOT consider looking at their stipulations/rules for that week.

Getting into the GOT LIFE-DIC match, there was problems with VERN-ACULAR's voting in which it was shown at the bottom that he re-edited his vote -- and that it was only two minutes after he posted that he changed it. Despite the voting controversy, it was clearly shown that you had to post URL's to win the match and guess what --- DIC did not.

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=989627

Without posting his votes, the tide totally changed and DIC ended up losing his title.

But that's not the problem here. The problem is that GOT LIFE gets the bad rap. Despite his ongoing services to the RSTL before being a mod, he has helped out writing articles, voting on matches, aiding services to the mods when they weren't seen -- and has been a contribution for the past few months. The league has also been responding negatively towards some of the things GOT LIFE has to say about his articles giving his opinionated thoughts on individuals -- some who blatantly do not like him. GOT LIFE has the right to say what he feels and the right to vote how he wishes. Some of the folks seem to hold grudge and use him as a target mark for remarks, replies, and such.

Bite the bullet people. Everyone in this league has people who don’t like them. Some have been airing out their feelings in such that they promote in bringing down the league just because they had their feelings hurt.

But on the other hand, moderators have also been utilizing secret schemes of their own in anteing up their own matches also. And that once again brings the age old question of "Should mods be competing in the league also?"

GOT LIFE is sometimes egotistic, sometimes annoying, and other times a pain-in-the-ass. But he does it 'by-the-book'. He writes the articles. Folks like PENT UP, NIQUE, and others should take time to submit columns for the magazine and speak their mind---but they don't. They complain and say things to let the people of the league know.

Moderators are partial to blame for not stepping in and laying down the law. Part of a mod's responsibility is to handle disputes and inform the other league members what is or not legitimate. Without someone to look to in getting an answer, members will boast, brag, complain, whine, and yap about things.

Soon as GOT LIFE became moderator, the league plummeted.

But who should we point the finger at?

The moderators because they failed to lay down the law?
    GOT LIFE because of his rantings and raves about people from his opinionated views?
    The ones who complain because they don't know how to handle things right?

The RSTL text side was made to give people what they want. This was the only sure possibility to make the league grow and for the past year and a half, it hasn't. Instead, numbers have dipped at a depressing low. Some of the moderators in the past have taken the liberty to TRY systems, work with systems, go with ideas that they THOUGHT would work but hasn't. With majority support, their system would've passed on to the next moderators and so on and so on.

To identify with the people -- the text division of the RSTL is veering back to the original format as a restarting point--and using its standard to know how to evolve and to comply with the way things will go. Change is sometimes good, but sometimes change requires starting over in helping to see itself more clearly down the line.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

AUDIO POWER RANKINGS - Audio

The power rankings are strictly an opinionated view of what's happening with the people in the league currently and are voted based on the performance of their overall turnout in their audios. Anyone who wants to submit their own personal power rankings please send to TEK at james909@gmail.com and to submit them exactly in the way the following is shown: (NOTE: All those who signed in this week would NOT be in the rankings because we haven't heard you yet.)

15 - Luchie Charmn (previously 11) – His potential has yet to flourish, still needs to put work on his rhymes.

14 - K dot aka LS (previously debut) – He shouldn’t be this low but if exposes a different style, he might be top 10 easy.

13 – Klutch – (previously 6) – His short audios are affecting his ranks; quality he’s OK; needs to showcase more.

12 - Supa134 – (previously debut) – I felt a nice vibe from his debut audio; hopefully this will maintain next time.

11 - Chrome.22 – (previously debut) – His collabo verse was astounding, but his audio match song didn’t wow me.

10 – Junq – (previously debut) – Pretty good presentation; can do work with his voice more – but is cool.

9 - Lucifer Leviathan – (previously 12) – Let’s face it; her moaning gave me some perks to push her up a bit despite her decent rhyme skills.

8 – ENEF – (previously 2) – I liked his ‘Eminem’ audio; he has presence and character, but something about him lacks …

7 – RiggsofHTI – (previously debut) – A strong and satisfying debut---has the potential to shine big in the league.

6 – Stickman – (previously 8) – He’s on the verge of a winning streak; let’s hope that continues.

5 – Envizioneri – (previously 1) – I may have jumped the gun on Envizion; but I will ride with him a couple more weeks and see if he can maintain in the top 5.

4 - No Good! – (previously 7) – Sad to say, he signed out this week --- but had an astounding audio beat a la Tupac and utilized skillful rhyming and good lyrics.

3 – FrazeRhymes – (previously 3) – He brought the best audio this past week – a great impression of all his favorite rappers; is on a quest to be #1 – and he just might do that soon.

2 - The Source – (previously 5) – Is the hottest commodity in the league; is making immediate impact and has all the right tools to be a champion.

1 - Orange407County – (previously 4) – His recent audio alone proved why he is our champ; He has a voice and uses it very well for his persona.

AUDIO VS TEXT - Text/Audio

Audio is more exciting, simply put. People today do not read like they use to years ago. Text has evolved to the point that people are getting way too literal and technical with writing. Audio is all about sound, observing by ear, and giving more to the listener on how to respond. Text compared to audio shows that text has its limits. Melodies, harmony, rhythm, lyrics are a few of the many elements that give more to the listener to characterize and to speak their minds. A listener can interpret more on the individual by why they chose that beat, what they said lyrically in the song and the overall chemistry with the performer and the music of choice. A reader can only judge by content and how well they wrote the story. Music in itself alone is something we need to grasp a different side of expression--that's why it exist in our daily lives. Text is something we do--but as a component to making a song. Text can mesmerize us with its powerful words, but without musical accompaniment, it has a lesser impact.
    test
  4. TeKneeK

Text has been first spawned during 1995-1996 time when hiphop itself was raging in popularity. At that time was the period where internet web sites began to take form. People logging onto rap sites and looking to have fellowship with others that share the same passion.

In 1999, when I came to Rapmusic.com -- the site was very empty. They averaged a little over 60-80 people a day. Today, there are 1000+ members now. Other places that I been were from Homegrownhiphopzone, Hiphop.com . These sites were existent before I saw Rapmusic.com and all the sites were extremely high-traffic. 1999 was the beginning of the textcee popularity. By 2000-2001, this was the period where textceeing was at an all-time high. Looking back at the RBL and the AUDIO HEAR ME CHAT rooms, it was evident that lots of members were more and more getting into the writing. But the audio side also had its perks as well.

As years went, from 2003 and on, the text excitement slowly began to lose its popularity and its knack -- and at that point on it was clear that textceeing's popularity has dissipated due to the extremes people can take to textceeing. Audio has still maintained its swagger with passionate listeners and such, but the hiphop music shown today has shown that styles are playing out, originality is hardly seen, and typicality of every artist is becoming a ho-hum thing.

Writing is exciting and has its limits for pleasure. Audio has more to go into compared to text as limits. Each can live without the other to inspire, but to have each other can make things even more better. But reading/writing/talking needs a musical accompaniment to enhance and to make for more quality listening.

WILL NIQUE MAKE RSTL HISTORY? - Text

This week, Nique, may make history if she pulls off a win in this anticipated title match. With a controversial change of titles from DIC to GOT LIFE, the RSTL Text Division has gone thru a week filled with drama, backlash, jibberish and the whole nine. But this will set Nique up above all the other femcees who've graced the RSTL scene. From A.N.G.E.L.I.C. to MISSKEYdaQUEEN to Erykah Caine to ROC-C to Eternalpath … the RSTL has had a history of failures from female textcees. Nique is the only female who can proclaim herself RSTL CHAMPION… but more importantly, RSTL'S FIRST WOMAN CHAMP. The RBL has not had its first ever female textcee champ -- but in this sense, this would be the biggest thing for females who've come to try their hand in textceeing at RM.

Most of the new breed would not see much of this as being newsworthy, but in retrospect, no woman has ever dawned the title, RBL or RSTL Champ. Nique is all that within the blink of an eye. As of late, her previous weeks have come impressive with astounding mechanics, graceful use of wordplay and a writing style that would make Shakespeare second guess his poetical talents. RSTL UNITED was unable to get in touch with Nique but is scheduled at some time in the future to get her side of the story regarding everything she's been through.

With GOT LIFE no longer a moderator and more in tune to his real life issues, much of his scarcity has come to his offline efforts in pursuing to rock the mic at his local area somewhere out yonder. While concentrating much of his offline tasks, just how much pull or fire will he bring to this week's title match? There has been much controversy and words aimed at both GOT LIFE and Nique in an obvious observation, both hate each other's guts. With so much hate and verbal backlash with GOT LIFE and his peers -- one would think just how much is riding for him.

If there is anytime to really take full advantage of a win --- it is now. Nique has everything going for her. The respect, the writing ability, the controversy, the intimidation factor of her remarks towards GOT LIFE, the fact that this possible historic moment has been completely fabricated from different news… we will wait and see if she can come through with her best or if like the other females, she'll fold in the end. We will all stay tuned.
    test
  5. TeKneeK

FINDING THE SOURCE - Audio

The audio division has its collective breed of emcees who've come to really get into the league. With many talents such as FrazeRhymes, No Good and others, one in particular has made noise in which the likes of his next win could be something worthy of pandemonium… well maybe not that big, but he's made a nice debut. RSTL UNITED got a brief sit down with THE SOURCE.

RSTL UNITED: The first question I wanted to ask is how did you get your name?

THE SOURCE: haha.. well i have this one sweater that i like to wear all the time wen i do performances and battles and on the back of it says Source... So my brethrens were like yo why dont u call ur self The Source? I'm like thats not bad still and its like free advertising so i just added of all pain to the end of it for copy right purposes :p lol … So its the Source of all pain

RSTL UNITED: And with that being the name that identifies you - What exactly is the Source of your skills

THE SOURCE: My life... When I write, i try to relate alot of stuff to my life cause sum of the shit i go thru is common.. so if i can get that out there and people relate to it then they kno they aint the only one

RSTL UNITED: Define your vocal style - who are some of your hiphop inspirations -- Who influences you?

THE SOURCE: Man my vocal style is unique haha... im truley inspired by Method man, Dmx, My boy Jay Flow Sik, My next boys Far East Movement, Musiq Soulchild, brian Mcknight.. Mos Def... The hood...

RSTL UNITED: As them being your inspirations - do you fall in assimiliating one of your favorites when you rhyme - or do you have your mindset on inventing and creating your own style.

THE SOURCE: its kinna both... I borrow a little from method man wen it comes to rhyme structure.. but otha than that im juss being me... wats on the radio right now is disgracefull

RSTL UNITED: What is the deal with the radio? Why is their rotation consisting of such ...... who is blamed for all that is being heard on the air?

THE SOURCE: Man... tell u the truth, its money dawg... fuck think bout it.. if no one requested their songs there wouldnt be bullshit on the radio... I blame lil john personally :p lol... but i blame the listeners and the artists... The artists think the listeners are dumb enuff to like their shit and so far they are proving themselves correct

RSTL UNITED: If you were a radio manager - what kind of musical format would you have? - Name 5 songs that you would put on regular airplay.

THE SOURCE: damn i would bring real music back... I'll juss give 5 of my fav right now... 1) Sticky Fingaz - Why 2) Biggie Feat Method man - The What 3) Xzibit - Lax (nice riding tune)
    4) Meth & Red - Y.o.U 5) Musiq Soulchild – Love… I dunno juss random shit.. I definatly wouldnt play anything *crunk* or with stupid lyrics

RSTL UNITED: In regards to the audio league - what is your feeling about this newly made division?

THE SOURCE: its nice, being run smooth, matchups seem fair and challenging, the extra features u add or pretty nice too.. Thank God Eneff the nut signed out hahahah

RSTL UNITED: About Enef - what do you feel about his vocal abilities strictly and not his persona?

THE SOURCE: hes garbage… no lyrical skill all he has is flow…. In his last song he proved to be a homo, congrats enef

RSTL UNITED: Who in the league right now do you admire and respect as far as skills?

THE SOURCE: Syn… This week is gon be a hot battle this week im telling u..

RSTL UNITED: We'll all look forward - its one of the best matches ... popularity wise it seems both of you are gaining notoriety. What's your preparation for this?

THE SOURCE: lol my preperation was inturrupted by you! lol im juss playing.. im almost done the track recording wise, and this week i plan to bring hype and excitement to the listeners ears.. show em a side they havent seen :) should be interesting

RSTL UNITED: What do you look in accomplishing by being in the league?

THE SOURCE: Im dropping my album soon, so basically i just want people to hear me out... i want people to enjoy wat i bring to the table and hopefully from that they would wanna purchase the album.. I dun really care bout winning or losing, just want my name known and being spread..

RSTL UNITED: Do you think with your perfect record that for the time being that that could be something to maintain as long as you can?

THE SOURCE: hey it wouldnt hurt... I put effort into my tracks so it would be nice to do that... definatly ill try but thats up to the voters

RSTL UNITED: Do you see any possible new things that we can bring into this league? Name some things that would be good for the league.

THE SOURCE: umm... lets see... I tink sum recognition, prolly on the front page or sumin, so for one we can get more participants and also more voters... umm... to tell u the truth... it kinda gets confusing to read when u have all threads in 1 spot, even from previous rounds so thats kinna a pain, but overall this league is great... personally just a better viewing layout would be better but i dunno if that can be changed... this league is enjoyable as it is right now though

RSTL UNITED: I will give you some names - and you tell me in brief the first thing that comes into your mind ok?

THE SOURCE: sounds good

RSTL UNITED: SYN

THE SOURCE: a lot of potential to make damage outside the league, enjoyable verses, love his flow, voice, his lyrics are good just someone i would definatly like hearing an album from

RSTL UNITED: The League

THE SOURCE: Well organized, Well ran, very conveniant, fair, challenging, enjoyable

RSTL UNITED: Your Ex-girlfriend

THE SOURCE: slut

RSTL UNITED: Wutang Clan

THE SOURCE: haha, Old school, vibing, wats bumpin in my car, my prodessor

RSTL UNITED: Nas

THE SOURCE: Where u at? lol he fell off... old shit was bumpin like crazy

RSTL UNITED: Lucifer Leviathan

THE SOURCE: i dunno? she aight i guess

RSTL UNITED: Beyonce

THE SOURCE: id tap that with a passion, more passion than that Mel gibson movie.. but christina millian i would wife! :D

RSTL UNITED: The Davinci Code

THE SOURCE: boring, long, but that women detective i would tap still.. she was mad fine

RSTL UNITED: The Clipse

THE SOURCE: who dey?
    THE SOURCE: lol
    THE SOURCE: they were wack still

RSTL UNITED: With the end of this interview - the mic is yours -- anything you wish to say?

THE SOURCE: yeah... Album is dropping Mid July.. if u guys wanna hear a sampler of wats on please visit www.myspace.com/throanth and also www.•••••••••ofallpain.tk
    Eneff is a homo bitch panzy lol... Go England Go, Go Ghana Go... lol yeah i pick 2 teams AND WHAT! ummm yeah yo if yall would like to chat and work wit me my Aim is : RVICY get at me... Thnxs to Tek for running this league mad good and goodluck all of yall who are droppin this round... 1
    test
  6. TeKneeK

TEXT POWER RANKINGS - Text

5 - Atreyu - He's always been a character and a feisty little cat with a questionable talent for writing; but his presence alone puts him here.

4 - FloR - As of late he's been eagerly and openly involved with the league and is looking o make his name known.

3 - Vern acular - the current RSTL legend; the greatest of all time; he wants 100 wins and 10x champ --- what an accomplishment.

2 - Got Life - He may be the current champion but instincts tell me this is his last week of being known; he's too focused offline more.

1 - Nique - All eyes on Nique; she will make history if she wins this weekend!

IN ENDING …

Thanks so much for those interviewed -- I do would like to ask if you're interested in posting an article for next week - please do so. You know where to find me. AIM - TeKneeK2000 and on email: james909@gmail.com.

I'm also looking to see if you guys are able to recruit or get some others to come join the league to please do so. Many are wondering if this league will grow and the only way for it is to tell word of mouth. I've ventured to different sites to look for some heads and it's work. But if everyone does to get one or two heads, we will double.

Thanks - and good luck this week.

TEK.
    test
  7. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

Word to Tek...

Fuck a Nique...

I might be offline a lot...but i'm not losing to that fucking mutt...
    test
  8. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Born with Pain

Lol. Nice mag. History in the making!

Whoot, I'm rooting for nique, she didn't win the PR battle in the play off's to get in the semi-finals, I'm expecting her to come hard.
    test
  9. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

Nice mag, but I don't agree with your take on text vs audio, whoever wrote that segment is wrong about text.
    test
  10. HellRzah

HellRzah PurE EviL

very nice mag for real...good work Tek!
    altho' I havta say I'm not new in the RSTL, I've been competing in the league since 2002, under the name HellRzaH, but just went back online a month ago....

test
  11. Insense

Insense take one...

nice mag, you always know how to hype things up, lol....im mad im not on the power rankings though...nobody ever wants to fucking show against me though, lol...
    test
  12. Mr. 4Shadow

Mr. 4Shadow New Member

This mag was really good.. enjoyed the insight
    test
  13. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Heh.

Nice Magazine.

And no, I won't submit a column for the RSTL Magazine if there's only like 20 people in it a week with like 6 no shows consistently.
    test
  14. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

SleepyFM is Insense...!!!

*this moment brought to you by Pent uP*
    test
  15. Insense

Insense take one...

lol, yeah i get what your trying to do...hope everyone else gets it...they proboly will get confused, but sleepFM isn't Insense for those who dont see the sarcasm
    test
  16. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

no got life is insense, no one else
    test
  17. Insense

Insense take one...

lord, you have the intelligence of runny shit....we've both requested IP checks many times and you fuckers wont run one
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.