The RSTL UNITED: The Magazine

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

====================
    THE RSTL UNITED
    ====================

The RSTL United is a publication made for the audio and the text
    division of the Rapmusic Story/Topic League. This first ever
    unification of both the audio and text will package itself into one
    big magazine to provide a lengthier but more interesting type of
    information to the readers. All stories, columns, articles are
    reported in the actions, exploits and events happening in the league.
    If you are interested in writing and submitting a story, you can
    contact TEK on AIM @ tekneek2000. You can also contact by e-mail at
    james909@gmail.com

What is up, you are now tuned in to RSTL UNITED, the first ever
    magazine that features both the audio and text leagues in the RSTL.
    There’s a lot to cover this week as in the text division, VERN-ACULAR became champion again (yawn). But no yawning folks! With 100 wins in reach as well as his 10th time winning, this will stamp him undoubtedly as the greatest RSTL writer ever. Also, we’ll be talking to an audio journeyman, SpuL. He’ll be with us in a special interview. We’ll be talking about what happened in TAIYAMO’S debut, the rankings, and other things … all this and more. Ok let’s get this started!

TWO WEEK NOTICE: TOURNAMENT TIME! – Text/Audio

If you’re reading this with blurry eyes, read it again wiping all the crusts off your lids. There is a tournament happening! The text and audio division will be running a tournament. 32 of the nicest audio/text cats will be competing for the title of tourney champion two weeks from now. Obviously, both divisions will be independent, but with the future pick of a third moderator and the help of supermod EX VENOM overseeing, hopefully the buzz will circulate rampant around the site as well as other sites also. Starting next week, sign-ups for the tournament will be posted stuck on each forum and the first 32 to sign-up will be considered into the tourney. First come first serve folks!!

Will there be prizes for the tourney?

YES and NO.

The text side will have prizes awarded for winners that make it to the final 2. 1st place and runner-up will undoubtedly get something. I’m looking into it further if having 3rd and 4th can be considered, but that will be announced at a later time.

NO, --- it has come to my attention that JEFF is not allowing prizes to be awarded for the audio league. He’s seen that the RSTL audio division has picked up some life as far as noise/popularity over the past few weeks and does not want none of its noise, popularity or buzz to take the attention and life away from those spectating/competing in the GRB right now HOWEVER, there are ways to get around in rewarding winners --- so audio heads – don’t hang your heads low, TEK will find a way!!

What is the prize?? Will there be $$ involved?

NO – There is no cash prize. Sorry guys, and as far as asking what the prize is. THAT WILL BE A SURPRISE. Revealing the prize may find to be something not worth competing for with certain people, so without telling you what it is, the mystery and the wonder will have competitors curious.

NOTE: Most of the rules we have set for the regular league will be implemented for the tourney. There maybe some minor changes that will be considered before it starts so be on the watch for that.
    test
  2. TeKneeK

ALSO: The league will shutdown for the first two weeks of this tourney. So if you are champ and you didn’t get to sign up for the tourney, you may have to wait two weeks before the regular league can proceed. The rankings will be saved when the regular league starts up again. Stay in touch. --- EVERYONE AND ANYONE FROM RM IS ALLOWED TO VOTE IN THIS TOURNEY FOR BOTH TEXT AND AUDIO. --- This is a change that I’m making to allow and insure that people will and can participate in some way, shape, or form. I’m not really trippin over someone sabotaging or messing up match vote counts – but if it does, the mods will be around to lay the law.

There it is. You have been informed. Get ready, get set --- cause in two weeks everything’s gonna go down!

HEY VERN! YOU’RE PRETTY GOOD MAAN! – Text/Audio

What did I say last week? RSTL IS VERN? I think so. In light of all the stupidity of that ‘chunky’ guy … what’s his name? That dude that calls everyone NIGGA… who cares. VERN-ACULAR is all that makes the text division something. 9x champion, a few wins short of 100. Nobody in their right mind is touching him. Nobody. If PERIL-EYES was still existent today, maybe … just maybe if he was still around, he might’ve done something. But by overshadowing the buzz of NIQUE’S first lady’s RSTL title, VERN has got himself yet another female to deal with. What would VERN do however? Will he get his 100th win and his 10th title at the same time? Or is he on another quest? --- Word around the site is that he’s looking to be the first united champ holding both RSTL titles, the text and the audio division. How about that as a statement?

The audio league has gained noise. And the audio league has some real good promising cats spittin (unlike Mr. Chunky). VERN has a number of folks talking about his songs and what he’s been able to produce so far. With the noise he’s made in text and what he is in audio … there is a possibility that being champ in both could be a reality. But the audio division’s got talent running. Folks like RIGGS, TAIYAMO, SYN, and others are also looking for the gold. SYN is flourishing in his own way undefeated, and holding a 3rd title defense for his crown. VERN is liable to change that.

VERN is the perfect example of someone who has true skill. His ability to write text and to do audios shows that he is a jack of all trades, someone who is capable of anything. VERN is someone I respect. He knows what’s up and his demeanor is well-mannered (unlike Mr. Chunky, Mr. Egotistic Chunky boy).

VERN needs no introduction when talking about text. He’s the king. He’s shown it time and time again. Most will want to see how talented he can rock the audio side. That remains to be seen. But so far so good --- maybe when tourney time comes, then we’ll see if he’s made to deliver. If not, then getting the belt would be a good offset. Stay tuned!

ARE YOU IN NEED OF A GOOD CAMERA?
    DO YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ONE?
    I. DON’T…. MY CAMERA SUCKS…
    [​IMG]
    HI MY NAME IS ‘GOT LIFE’. THIS IS ME. AS YOU CAN SEE MY
    CAMERA IS LESS THAN 2.0 MEGAPIXELS AND THE QUALITY OF
    MY FACE IS FAR LESS THAN STANDARD. THE INDENTATIONS OF
    MY FOREHEAD DON’T LOOK AS CLEAR AND SO I HAVE TO EDIT
    MYSELF IN PHOTOSHOP TO MAKE ME LOOK MORE SEXIER FOR
    MY LADIES!!!

OH YEAH BUY MY ALBUM! NIGGA WHAT? IM A NIGGA MAAN! I
    WENT THRU HARD TIMES IN MY HOOD NIGGA! NIGGA WHAT!? U
    WANT SOME OF MY CHUNKY 325 POUND THUGNESS? NIGGA ILL
    GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND WE CAN DO THIS NIGGA! YEAH NIGGA!
    IM FROM THE HOOD!!!! BUY MY ALBUM! LISTEN TO MY SONGS! YEAH!

(audio folks, this is the guy who thinks all of you are wack. *looks at the pic* -- need I say anymore?)

Now back to the show….
    test
  3. TeKneeK

COOLIN’ & SPULIN’ ! – Audio

RSTL UNITED got into an interview with SPUL, one of the journeymen competitors in the audio division. We got into a sit-down talk and discussed some of the things happening with this audio vet:

RSTL UNITED: You've had a glimpse of the audio division, met up with some of the nice audio folks, and currently running a 1-2 record --- what adjustments and/or things will you be doing to turn that around?

SPUL: well, lately I haven't really put in that much effort on my part. which isn't fair, since the league is really a good oppurtunity to elevate and I shouldn't waste that. So this week, I'm really gonna put my 150% in it. especially since it's an open topic week

RSTL UNITED: How do you like the league thus far? Is the system setup in which it can allow you to really show what you got?

SPUL: I really like this league, if I didn't I would of signed out by now. haha but yea, I think it really is. It pushes you, but at the same time gives you a lot of options on how you want to be pushed, if you get my drift.

RSTL UNITED: Does losing sometimes get you to want to sign out because of the record? Or is your reason to compete to have fun? How do you view your mentality being in this league?

SPUL: well, it's not really the losing part. It's like if first two weeks I really don't take it serious, and then you drop to like a .500 record. Most of the time if I do that in a league, which I don't often, but I just decide it ain't worth my time. but in this league, it's different, because it'd be a big advantage to be in this league. So I don't wanna pass that up. Plus, I liked it so much I got 2 people to sign up from the other site I go to regularly:cool:

RSTL UNITED: Have you seen other sites with a topical audio league?

SPUL: yes, I've seen a few. That's why at first glance I was shaky about joinin'. Like all the other ones did topicals like rappin' about "The light at the end of the tunnel" or "is it the length of the grass or the greener the grass?" <shit like that, i was like "FUCK NO!!" but then when one of my dudes who was in the league told me to check it out, the topics are actually much more exciting and shit I wouldn't mind doing. Hence why I joined up.

RSTL UNITED: Is the system we run the same as it is over there?

SPUL: well, the league "over there" is dead. lol didn't last too long. But it was pretty much the same as this, except with NO option for choosing the topic. the mod chose it. but it didn't last long .

RSTL UNITED: In your time here, who are some of the folks that you enjoy peepin in the league?? Surely, everyone has that one favorite audio cat... who is yours?

SPUL: hmm... well, I enjoyed Vernaculars stuff. TEK’S stuff is real good lyrically, so I feel that shit lol Orange got some dope shit too. And dude who I faced last week, stickman I think, lol dude sound just like Nas IMO. but a lot of cats. Oh, and also that Triple_N cat, watch out for dude. could be champ if he starts giving his 110% in the next few weeks. but we got a lot of talent in the league.

RSTL UNITED: Former RSTL mod, GOT LIFE has said that people who compete in audio leagues aren't real rappers. They're just stuck on the internet with no true talent. He said:

GOT LIFE: lol @ audio RSTL
    GOT LIFE: that shit is worse than anything i've seen
    GOT LIFE: i'm far to talented an emcee to waste my time /w that
    GOT LIFE: there's no 1 good in the league

RSTL UNITED: what is your reply to that?

SPUL: well, everyone has their opinion. And he just sounds like someone who is buthurt about something. But his personal life is his, not mine. So I won't go into it. But I think it's actually good to spit in this. it's not like you dedicating like 24/7 to this league 7 days a week. You just drop one song a week, if you can't do that then you're gonna have trouble trying to make it in the industry. Plus, with the topics it helps you develop a variety in the tracks you want.

RSTL UNITED: where you from?

SPUL: ohhh word, I be reppin' the small surburban town of ••••on, MA. ••••on, not Boston. just be glad you HAVEN'T heard of it lol
    test
  4. TeKneeK

RSTL UNITED: You a student or do you work? -- What do you do?

SPUL: well, I just graduated from highschool. 06!!! lol but uhh, I don't got a job now, because i'll be movin' to NY in late August. Then I'll prolly be attending the IAR(institute of Audio Research for thos who don't know) in Manhatten, NY for a yr.

RSTL UNITED: What kind of career you looking to pursue?

SPUL: I'm going to try to get into the industry as a rap artist, but if that doesn't work out, I'll still want my career to be audio related somehow

RSTL UNITED: Who are your inspirations? Who do you put on your headset/car stereo rotation?

SPUL: For me, mostly it's Eminem. Like he might not be the best artist out there but he is the one I can vibe to the most, and get inspired by the most. So I bump a lot of his shit. His new shit is wack and pisses me off that he'd fall off that bad, but his old shit stays bumpin' in my iPod. others include: NaS, Louis Logic, Rakim, Pac, etc.

RSTL UNITED: What's your quest/mission being in the audio league?

SPUL: well, my main purpose is for the elevation and to add variety into the type of tracks I've done. Since many people have said i been staying in my comfort zone in the topics I choose. I think this will be a good chance to break out of that. ALso, i would like to champ the league as well lol

RSTL UNITED: With the ending of this interview -- any last words to the folks out there???? shoutouts, f-u's or anything?? the floor is yours.

SPUL: hmm... shit it's the morning so I can't think right but uhh... shout outs to Triple_N dude helped me a lot with my audio since day one, and most of the other people I don't know. and uh, shout out to you for hollering @ me for interview lol.... and uhh to everyone else, keep spitting and keep it sexy and shit. that's it really lol

AUDIO POWER RANKINGS – Audio

The power rankings are strictly an opinionated view of what's
    happening with the people in the league currently and are voted based
    on the performance of their overall turnout in their audios. Anyone
    who wants to submit their own personal power rankings please send to
    TEK at james909@gmail.com and to submit them exactly in
    the way the following is shown: (NOTE: All those who signed in this
    week would NOT be in the rankings because we haven't heard you yet.)

10 - Supa134 – (previously #2) – I had expected to see a little backtracking from him after the ferocious match he had last week. Still, he throws top 10 material and that is good enough.

9 – Junqtion – (previously #6) – It wasn’t because he did bad or anything, everyone else around him just made better improvements … or new folks came and repped well.

8 – CMagic – (previously #10) – This guy has potential to bring some good music. He needs to know his errors and bring more creativity to his audios.

7 - Triple_N – (previously Out) – This is the week where we find out if he’s the real deal or if he’ll be lackluster. He has a chance at being one of the top title contenders.

6 - The Source (previously #4) – Very consistent and has strengths; something is missing from his repertoire to make him absolutely top notch.

5 – Envizioneri – (previously #7) – He’s listenable, but he has yet to show something different to woo us.

4 - Taiyamo Denku – (previously Debut) – If what he brought this past week was any sign of what TAIYAMO is about, we’re in for a big treat most definitely. Very strong showing---very promising.

3 - Vern-acular – (previously #9) – RSTL greatest texthead, RSTL’s soon-to-be greatest audio head? He has formidable opponents but the buzz about his vocal abilities are pretty loud.

2 – RiggsofHTI – (previously #1) – He didn’t bring his best but what person can bring it better and better every week, especially when you’re at the top already? #4-#2 is undoubtedly fire.

1 - Orange407County – (previously #3) – Give him his due. 2 successful title defenses … rules the audio division undisputedly. Nobody is touching him … yet.
    test
  5. TeKneeK

THA D_Q ENLIGHTMENT – Text

The text division has another addition from the female side join the league. D_Q aka Dramaqueen, has made her presence this week to strive for glory and RSTL UNITED got an exclusive with this young female.

RSTL UNITED: The league in the past 2 weeks has had a flurry of females joining in the league making work of gaining the RSTL title -- recently NIQUE was 1st woman ever in RSTL history to win the title --- MISSKEYdaQUEEN is possible to be the next. - What is your feeling about the recent comeup of female writers?

THA D_Q: I love it. I cannot even count the amount of topical leagues I have been in with no females whatsoever (well except for me then). It's quite understandable though considering the amount of females that are registered at sites like rapmusic but still. It was about time we stood up and showed the males what we can do And I feel even more eager now, knowing there are females I can compete against. But I do feel pleased that we had female champ

RSTL UNITED: Does this motivate you to drive you in getting that title? Is this why you signed in this week?

THA D_Q: Well, to be honest...I signed out due to a lack of time with finals and such. Now it's summer and I got more free time on my hands so I signed back in. But when I saw the female competition, I was definitely more uhm driven to do well in the league

RSTL UNITED: MISSKEYdaQUEEN is going against VERN-ACULAR -- probably the best RSTL ever had. What are your feelings about VERN-ACULAR and what he's able to do? (9x RSTL Champ and 97 wins under his belt)

THA D_Q: well, the talent is undoubtedly there. But I'm rooting for the female of course. He is an amazing writer without a doubt, I urgently have to read more pieces by him because I only saw a few so far. But what I saw definitely impressed me. Just his overall writing style is of a very high level. So Miss will have to put her all into this one, and even her best cannot be enough to beat him

RSTL UNITED: How did you get started in writing rhymes? - Where did you first start?
    THA D_Q: uhm I started 2 years ago
    THA D_Q: well writing in English that is
    THA D_Q: I started on a site called ••••••••, first the text thing but I quickly transferred to topicals because I like to tell stories. And I felt it was a better creative outlet for me personally. I started because I wanted to show people what I could do. I had all these ideas and inspirational thoughts inside of me and I didn't show anyone. Then,as I was browsing the net, looking for lyrics to a song, I found this message board and got hooked.

RSTL UNITED: Did the other site have traffic/number of people like there is here in RM?
    THA D_Q: not at all
    THA D_Q: I mean, in the beginning it was on fire. The early days in 2004, good topical heads and lots of competition
    THA D_Q: but then, it just faded away. They are trying out another topical league now, I signed in and I'm hoping there will be competition this time

RSTL UNITED: What if any -- do you notice of RM's topical league as opposed to the ones you seen in other places?
    THA D_Q: well
    THA D_Q: the competition level basically
    THA D_Q: the talent that is shown in RSTL, I have yet to see somewhere else. That's mainly why I signed in in the first place. It was a challenge for myself and a way to improve my own writing

RSTL UNITED: Who in the league from when you first came here have you admired/enjoyed reading?

THA D_Q: I'd have to say Nique because well, she is a female so I look to her writing style because some men tend to claim that females write too uhm emotionally at times. Well, that's what I have been told haha. So I mainly check out the females and I must say I enjoyed reading things from all of them, same goes for the guys though. There are few people in RSTL who's work I dislike. I feel everyone has their own style and good or bad days so I enjoyed too many pieces to name basically

RSTL UNITED: From a hiphop standpoint, who are some artists/groups you feeling?
    THA D_Q: I'm very versatile when it comes to my musical tastes
    THA D_Q: from Dipset to Nas, from Mr Kweli to local underground artists, ...I love it all
    THA D_Q: even other genres
    THA D_Q: I can get inspired by so many different things and my mood really determines what I listen to at the time
    test
  6. TeKneeK

RSTL UNITED: I'm gonna name some things and you tell me in 1-3 words what the first thing pops into your head ok?
    THA D_Q: aight

RSTL UNITED: Dirty South Music
    THA D_Q: crunked up, shake that ass
    THA D_Q: (i know, i used more words but yeh ass seemed so random to say lol)

RSTL UNITED: NYC
    THA D_Q: my love, my everything

RSTL UNITED: L.A.
    THA D_Q: to live and die in LA
    THA D_Q: (lmao , sorry first thing that popped into my mind )

RSTL UNITED: C-walkin
    THA D_Q: not for me
    THA D_Q: lol

RSTL UNITED: Lauren Hill
    THA D_Q: very inspirational female artist

RSTL UNITED: The goddess Aphrodite
    THA D_Q: sex me good

RSTL UNITED: Eminem
    THA D_Q: fuckable

RSTL UNITED: Vanilla Ice
    THA D_Q: whats cooler than being cool
    THA D_Q: ice cold!
    THA D_Q: (okay, thats outkast but the cool thing ya kno )

RSTL UNITED: Nique
    THA D_Q: talent redefined

RSTL UNITED: Got Life
    THA D_Q: i heard you's a asshole

RSTL UNITED: Vern-acular
    THA D_Q: *bows down*

RSTL UNITED: The RSTL Audio Division
    THA D_Q: my next stop

RSTL UNITED: 6 packs
    THA D_Q: the beer or the abds? lol
    THA D_Q: *abs
    RSTL UNITED: abs
    THA D_Q: ah, my boyfriend

RSTL UNITED: The future of hiphop
    THA D_Q: mysterious

RSTL UNITED: The oldschool
    THA D_Q: nostalgy

RSTL UNITED: As we end this interview, any last words or shouts you wish to say --- the floor is yours?
    THA D_Q: Lemme give you all some wisdom
    THA D_Q: "Shit happens. You step in it. You wipe it off. And you WALK ON! "
    THA D_Q: there you go hehe

TEXT POWER RANKINGS – Text

HONORABLE MENTIONS LOOKING IN:
    Kareless, Julius Caesar, Pent-Up

5 - Got Life – (previously OUT) – He has his moments in writing some real good stuff, but we know he can’t spit what he writes on audio.

4 – Nique – (previously #2) – She lost a good match with the best ever, but her writing is still arguably the best right now in the league.

3 - 2Xtreme – (previously OUT) – Do I detect an alias? Maybe, maybe not, but we will see how far he can carry himself.

2 – MISSKEYdaQUEEN – (previously #4) – She needs her best day against VERN, period. Anything less and it’s an ass-whoopin’.

1 - Vern-acular – (previously #1) – Untouchable. There is none better. The greatest in 2006 right now.

IN ENDING

Signups for the tourney will be posted up starting next week sometime. Be prepared and be ready. There will only be 32 slots. There will be prizes. Keep reppin it yall.

Thanks so much for those interviewed -- I do would like to ask if
    you're interested in posting an article for next week - please do so.
    You know where to find me. AIM - TeKneeK2000 and on email:
    james909@gmail.com.

Thanks - and good luck this week.

TEK.

[​IMG]
    GOT LIFE says …

“REAL MEN WEAR PINK”

[​IMG]
    “IM AN A-TOWN NIGGA … I PAID MY DUES IN THE HOOD …
    I CAN CALL YOU A NIGGA CUS I WENT THRU HARD TIMES MAN…
    SO U A NIGGA.. NOT ME!”

Get the fuck outta here …
    test
  7. .Lola Cruez. II

.Lola Cruez. II Speaking from my soul.

I told you it would happen!..

Females Writers Unite :)

..Just playing. Congrats To Nique.

Soon I'll be signing back in, just I have so many times on my hand like last time.

Good Looks to see'ing more females in and doing thier thing.

-Lola.
    test
  8. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

So, mags suck nowadays huh?

lol At simulteneously jocking Vern to the point where his dick may fall off and hating on Got Life? like a little girl would. Tek, you never fail to take yourself to a new low...
    test
  9. TeKneeK

^^^^ get ur cheeks off of LIFELESS' nuts....

u always been an overrated writer....
    test
  10. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

cool mag...

i guess i have to EARN my way onto the power rankings...

Be sure to peep my RSTL Top 10 Countdown in the hookups...
    test
  11. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

wow
    an honorable mention
    you suck

whatever though. be easy
    test
  12. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Let IV write this in future.

the only (and I mean only) highlight was seeing you actually fucking son some one. Sonned by a 49 year old would be black, dog eating, korean...
    test
  13. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Congratulations on Vern winning his 10th title (I think it was his 10th when he beat me). I could've went the Got Life route and won based on technicality, but how GAY is that?

And why the hell haven't I gotten an interview yet? And meh@power ranking 4
    test
  14. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Oh and Got Life is hideous.
    test
  15. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

[​IMG]

That's all I have to say nigga...you're just to fuckin cool for school...

and you're such a dope blogger...right off ya myspace...

lmfao...
    test
  16. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

The only nut rider is you. I've never really been rated, over or under. I've been pretty much under the radar the entire time I've been here. Go suck a fat one...
    test
  17. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

yea but GL it aint ever been hard to son Tek
    he sons himself sometimes

thats like attacking a senile senior citizen
    only a football in the groin suffices
    test
  18. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

The blog does sound kind of desperate Tek...

Ninja Kid is under the radar...

but hey Tek should sign back in the text side...
    test
  19. TeKneeK

text is wack... audio is the place.....
    test
  20. TeKneeK

oh yeah....GOT LIFE's fan base is 99% females..... how do u think he gets his hits from his music page.....

muthafuckin please...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.