The RSTL Tribune [Week 5]

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. The Good Samaritan Award
    III. The Art of Writing
    IV. The Top 5 Reasons To Love The RSTL
    V. The Five Fan Favorites
    VI. Q’s Top 3 Verses
    VII. The Cover Story
    VIII. Beauty of the Week
    IX. Headliners
    X. The Official Rankings
    XI. Q’s Predictions
    XII. Q’s Top 5 Competitors
    XIII. In The Mind Of Got Life?
    XIV. Conclusion

FEATURES

The Art Of Writing | III
    The thin line between good and great. –Of course we have all written great stories [in our own opinions] throughout our individual stints in the RSTL. But what is it that draws the line between a good writer and a great writer.

The Top 5 Reasons To Love The RSTL | IV
    You want a plot twist? –Who would have guessed that Got Life? would be such a valuable asset to this league. To be honest, he is one of the top 3 reasons for you to love this league. Believe it or not, but read on to find out my top 5 reasons to love the RSTL.

The Cover Story | VII
    Bitching in the league –Where do we draw the line between a legitimate complaint and a bitch? Also, the problem with hate voting will be discussed. Is there evidence to hate voting in the league today? And how do we determine the difference between hate voting and honest voting?

Beauty of the Week | VIII

In The Mind Of Got Life? | XIV
    Got Life's interpretation of last week's match ups. We'll see how the Champion views his pool of challengers as he breaks down each individual battle.

I | INTRODUCTION

Although this past week was filled with irrelevant chatter, immaturity, and useless trash talk, it has actually made for an exiting week in the RSTL. The championship match proved to be the biggest plot twist as of yet, with Got Life? being dubbed [or crowned] the new Champion of the RSTL. Also, the contender match was heavily slept on, with Cane and Eye-Rime tying in score, due to technicalities, in what seemed to be a great match up; and Cane signing out, leaving Eye-Rime the sole challenger for the title. These were only two of the battles among our exciting repertoire of match ups last week.

In other news, if you read my letter addressing the league this past week, then you may already know that in eight months I will be the proud parent of a baby boy [or girl, but I’m praying for a boy]. This has had an enormous impact on my outlook on life, and hopefully it will reflect in all areas [including the internet]. I will strive to play more of a leadership role amongst this community of writers, meaning that I will abstain from involvement in beef between myself and other members of this league. Also, I will no longer defend my opinions [nor do I feel the need to do so] in this magazine and in my voting. I am, and will always be, an honest man. Hopefully you all can respect my opinions and understand the fact that I, myself, represent only a fraction of the opinions of this league and its participants.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.

I have duly noted the fact that the majority of the league’s participants feel that my power rankings and individual breakdowns of battles are an ineffective way of showcasing the views of this league. I understand, and I also sympathize with this unfortunate matter. In an attempt to show my willingness to change and listen to the blood cells of this league’s body, I have devised a new way to structure my magazine, along with new articles, new breakdowns, and new power rankings. Hopefully, this will suit your interest.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | THE GOOD SAMARITAN AWARD

This was an easy decision. Although there was a lot of trash talk exchanged this week between many of the participants [as well as the winner of this award], the Samaritan of the week would clearly be none other than the fallen challenger for the RSTL belt himself, LokStok. Not only does this kid post his verses nearly before anyone else has even read the topics, but he also votes on battles as soon as there are two verses to critique. He always appears to have a positive attitude, and is the most relevantly active poster that the RSTL has to offer. LokStok continues to spark and take part in discussions in both the magazine and lounge threads, and more importantly, he is always online. A vital asset to the morale and activity of this league, and at this time I would like to display my appreciation for LokStok and his consistent activity level. We, the moderators, thank you for helping to keep this league alive.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | THE ART OF WRITING

It is a highly debatable subject as to what defines a great writer. When asked to list the numerous aspects of a greatly written piece, Got Life responded as such: “Flow, scheme, mechanics, story progression, character development, imagery, emotion, take on the actual topic, writer’s voice, vocabulary, originality, and obviously personal preference.”

Although it is true that all of these things are important, what is most prevalent in a great writer is their innate ability to handle the pressures of adversity. Sure, a great verse would naturally consist of good mechanics [which is what I understand to be the genus of flow and rhyme scheme, vocabulary and word usage, and all other mechanical aspects of a verse], vivid imagery, and powerful emotion as well as character development and story progression. But what draws the line between great writers and good writers is their ability to stay focused and positive at all times. It is their overall outlook on the art of writing, and their ability to make others around them better. Great writers are those who will give you, not harsh criticism, but constructive criticism. THAT, my friends, is a great writer.

The history of the RSTL has seen many good writers in its time. But how many of those good writers would bite their tongue when they suspect a hate vote, or hold their breathe when they are on the verge of losing their championship match in which they see their victory as clear as water. The answer is not many.

At this time, I would like to take a moment to thank those great writers [you know who you are] for being a part of this league at some point or another, and to show my appreciation for their efforts and positivism. The staff of the RSTL thanks you greatly for the impact that you have left upon this community.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | THE TOP FIVE REASONS TO LOVE THE RSTL

Of course, as a moderator, I would like to think that there are many reasons why one would love the RSTL. But to narrow down the numerous reasons to join and/or to stay in the league, and to be active and promote positive criticism within the league, I have compiled a list of the top 5 reasons of why I think we should love the RSTL.

Five, because we are active. I’ve peeped the RBL [and I’m even in the champ match this week] and they suffer greatly from not only activity, but from participants that actually show up. Sure, we have our fair share of no shows [as does any league] and this will continue for as long as the league is around. But at the same time, we have become the new emcee hookups. At any given day of the week, and at any time, you can find a discussion being held in either the magazine or the lounge. With guys like Got Life?, LokStok, and Baron Mynd actively watching the forum, there is never a dull moment.

Four, because we are unpredictable. In the premature stage, LokStok was a brand new name and only showed potential of being a contender. Three weeks and three matches later, and he’s in the championship match against RSTL Great Vern Acular and 2X RSTL Champion Got Life?. Who would have predicted that? –No one. Neither would you have predicted Vern not receiving a single vote, and Got Life? becoming the second Champion since the re-birth of the league. But this is a good thing, as we prove to all grow as writers within each week and each week it becomes harder to call a match. Everyone is good in there own respect, and the outcome is almost always unpredictable.

Three, because we are home to Got Life?, a talented writer and an even more talented ass hole. Although many of his rebuttals are childish and corny, and the rest are mean and spiteful, whether you love him or hate him, he is now not only the Champion of our league, but the life of it as well. He is nearly 80% of the conversation that goes on throughout the league and for that, he is appreciated. He keeps us entertained and he keeps the league real, regardless of how fake he may seem at times, because in the same breathe, that is real.

Two, because we are a community. No, we’re not a loving community or a peaceful community or anything that would insinuate that we are nothing more than a real community. We have our ups and downs, we love one another and hate one another at the same time, we have our egos and display them proudly, and above all we continue to stick together and make this league work. Of course we have our beefs and our buddies, but in the mix of all of this, we continue to post [those of you that actually post] quality verses and progress in our abilities regardless of the opinions of others.

One, because, as moderators, we are dedicated to the success and growth of this league. We have been concise and consistent with our efforts, and will continue to do so in order to support the participants of this league. On many occasions I have been forced to question the importance of this magazine, and yet it has only continued to grow, not only in length, but as well as in popularity. My magazines have seen the most legitimate responses and views that this site has seen in ages. My partner and co-moderator, Jook, also continues to prove his dedication. Please show us your gratitude and respect, and we will gladly return the favor.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | THE FIVE FAN FAVORITES
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

Five: Furl

Four: Vern Acular

Three: DaAlmightyDolla

Two: Nah Son

One: Got Life?
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | Q’S TOP THREE PICKS OF THE WEEK
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

Three: Furl
    Two: Nah Son
    One: LokStok
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | THE COVER STORY

Is it true that “bitching” is a problem in the league? Or is the problem with the amount of “haters” present? Of course this is an argument that could be debated for weeks, but the answer to both questions would most likely be yes. Yes, bitching is a big problem in the league, and it is a big downfall to our overall image. We, as a league of grown men, should strive to be mature adults here solely for the purpose of growing as individual writers. With that said, we should be open for criticism and there should be no reason for bitching whatsoever.

However, this is clearly not the case. Bitching is like a virus that attacks the immune system of the league –And if the virus continues to grow, then we will only become weaker as a body. But the question is where exactly do we draw the line between a legitimate complaint and a “bitch”?

Rules are rules, and they are made for a specific purpose: to be followed. When someone blatantly breaks a rule and it goes unnoticed, then this would justify as a legitimate complaint. But when someone expresses an opinion that doesn’t quite parallel with your own and you take offense, then you are a bitch. It’s really that simple. Moderators are the law of the land and we make and break the rules as we see fit, for the better of the league. It is only when you, the participant, attempts to make or break a rule that problem arises. If we all follow the rules and trust the moderators to do their specific jobs, then the league will be a better place. There is a time and a place to complain and it’s called a private message.

As for “haters” or “hate voting”, this is a problem that we can not avoid. There is no rule that will change a person outside of the internet. People that suffer from these viruses struggle with a more personal problem that can not be treated online. There is no clear cut way to determine if someone is a hater, or if a vote is a result of hatred. Again, I have repeatedly stressed the fact that we are all grown men, and yet people will still vote in spite. But there are things that you can do in order to prevent becoming a victim of hatred.

Minimize the beef to a playful level –We can all get out of hands at time, and even though we are on the internet, it is sometimes obvious to see when someone has weak skin, or is taking a conversation to heart. Maybe, if you took into account that everyone has feelings and people tend to react in hatred when they feel disrespected, then you can lower your chances of being “hated on” by not hating on others. Although we would like to think that we can all handle beef on the internet and still sleep at night, some people just can not seem to take a joke.

Know the trends of a hater –Most true haters set trends in their posts. They tend to hate on the same individual for various outlandish reasons, and they tend to always down that person or vote against them. If you notice that someone possesses these traits, then report it to a moderator immediately and we will further investigate the seriousness of the situation.

Above all else, remember that the moderators are the final deciding factor to every decision concerning the league. Therefore, we will decide the consequences of extreme bitching or hate voting. The most important thing is for you, as a participant, to not clog the battle threads with pointless chatter. If you decide to take matters into your own hands, then please see to it that you do so in the lounge [or the magazine thread].
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | BEAUTY OF THE WEEK
    Artwork by QURIOSITY

[​IMG]
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK
    Based On Completed Matches

BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Got Life?

2ND BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Nah Son

WACKEST VERSE OVERALL
    Twixin

MOST CONTROVERSIAL VERSE
    Headless Verseman

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Eye-Rime
    Vern Acular

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    The Contendership Match: Eye-Rime vs. Cane

SECOND BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    The Championship Match: Vern Acular vs. Got Life? vs. LokStok

MOST POTENTIAL
    Furl

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Got Life beating Vern Acular [and LokStok] and becoming our new RSTL Champion [and 2nd to hold the title since the league’s rebirth]
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | THE OFFICIAL RANKINGS

[Championship] 1. Got Life? (4-1) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (3-0)
    [​IMG]

_____

[Contendership] 3. Nah Son (2-0) vs. 4. Anaphora (2-0)

5. TheReturn (2-0) vs. 6. LokStok (3-0)

7. DaAlmightyDolla (4-1) vs. 8.SacriFICE (2-1)

9. Trybz (2-2) vs 10. Furl (1-0)

11. Robin Banks! (1-0) vs. 12. headless verseman (3-2)

13. R3DRUM (1-0) vs. 14. Unavailable (1-0)

15. S. Issue (1-1) vs. 16. Mound 10 (0-0)

17. RICO (0-0) vs. 18. Vada (0-0)

19. Noggah (0-0) vs. MrMister (0-0)
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | Q’S PREDICTIONS

[Championship] 1. Got Life? (4-1) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (3-0)
    Got Life? -2

This looks to be a great match up and a classic battle between 2 soon to be RSTL legends. Got Life? is coming off a phenomenal victory over Vern Acular [who is held as one of the greatest to ever grace the league] and should be pumped up and ready to write the story of his life to defend his title. He is a creative writer nonetheless, and we should look for him to post an outstanding script with a decent flow and great imagery. Eye-Rime is coming off a bit of an undeserved win, due to technicalities. However, voters noted that mechanically, he was flawless. Suffering from lack of a creative plot twist, this looks to be the battle of the week and I think it will come down to who utilizes their topic the best and who writes the better story. I’ll give the edge to Got Life? here because he is, by all means, a veteran of the league and will know what is new to the public and vice versa. Got Life? by at least 2 votes.

[Contendership] 3. Nah Son (2-0) vs. 4. Anaphora (2-0)
    Nah Son -2

This looks to be another classic match up for week 6. Both are polished writers with creative minds [not including nah son’s overused concept of week 5] and will prove to the league that they are contenders for the belt at any given time. Nah Son [who has been assumed the alias of Edward Lake] will redeem himself this week with a creative story, still bringing strong emotion and character, while Anaphora will stick to the script and write another Anaphora verse. I predict Nah Son to come away with the win, but only if he chooses a more creative topic and plot. I believe he is the better writer between the two, but that does not mean that Anaphora will just lie down and watch him take the win. I predict this to be a very close match, but Nah Son will get it by at least 2 votes.

5. TheReturn (2-0) vs. 6. LokStok (3-0)
    Even

Both are great writers in their own respects. I just think that LokStok’s appetite will be a bit larger in this battle. He just lost a battle for the belt and will try to redeem himself. One of the first things I noted about LokStok is his ability to improve the areas in which voters criticize. There are ups and downs of possessing such a skill [or flaw], and I don’t think he has quite found himself as a writer. But I’ll go with Lok on this one, although TheReturn definitely has a great chance of putting it to him.

7. DaAlmightyDolla (4-1) vs. 8.SacriFICE (2-1)
    SacriFICE -1

Wow, this will be another great match up for week 6. I’m giving SacriFICE the edge because in my opinion, he is the more consistent writer, but both have the potential to be Champions. SacriFICE by at least a vote.

9. Trybz (2-2) vs 10. Furl (1-0)
    Furl -3

Trybz hasn’t really impressed me as a solidified contender for the belt just yet. Furl wrote a good story last week and I’m looking for him to keep up the efforts. Therefore, I’m going for Furl by at least 3 votes.

11. Robin Banks! (1-0) vs. 12. headless verseman (3-2)
    Headless Verseman -1

Wow, how many classic match ups can one week hold? Needless to say, both are great writers when they need to be. If both show, this will be a clash of titans. However, I think Headless will pull it off, and redeem himself of last week’s continuation verse, which didn’t seem to take off the way he had planned. Headless by a vote.

13. R3DRUM (1-0) vs. 14. Unavailable (1-0)
    R3DRUM -2

Unavailable has never impressed me as a writer. Last week was the first time that I’ve read anything from R3DRUM. This could very well be an even match up, but my gut tells me to go with R3DRUM by at least 2 votes.

15. S. Issue (1-1) vs. 16. Mound 10 (0-0)
    S. Issue -1

Never heard of Mound, but he’s probably an alias. Nevertheless, I’ll go with S. Issue on this one by at least a vote.

17. RICO (0-0) vs. 18. Vada (0-0)
    Even

I’ve heard of both names, but know neither of them. Even match up to my knowledge, but I’ll go with RICO for the sake of predictions.

19. Noggah (0-0) vs. MrMister (0-0)
    Even

I’ve never heard of either emcee. But I’ll go with MrMister, although at least one of them will probably no show.
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | Q’S TOP FIVE COMPETITORS FOR WEEK SIX

Five: LokStok, because he just recently lost in his first championship match against his somewhat arch nemesis, Got Life?. GL will probably rub it in his face all week, and in order to prove his worth and satisfy his hunger, he will take the constructive criticism from last week for what it is, and continue to grow as a writer and a solidified competitor. Look for him to pull off an astounding victory against former champion, TheReturn.

Four: Headless Verseman, because he caught flack for posting a continuation verse and lost to an alias [who has been presumably identified as Edward Lake]. Feeling cheated and misunderstood, I predict he’ll find time to write this week in an attempt to further establish his worth as a contender in this league. Look for him to pull in a close one against another great writer, Baron Mynd. However, if he doesn’t find ample time, this could mean disaster.

Three: DaAlmightyDolla, because he is a creative writer and is hungry to prove himself. Many don’t always see eye to eye with his verses, yet he is still a writer worthy of winning when he wants to. I think he will write another verse that we have never seen before, but with better flow and mechanics and pull off the win in a close match up against SacriFICE, a former champion of the RSTL.

Two: Eye-Rime, because he is coming off a close match up between Cane, tying in a technical decision, and will look to prove his worth against the many spectators. His flow and mechanics are already polished, and if he can find it in him to post a more creative piece, I think he can pull off the upset against Got Life?, the current RSTL Champion.

One: Got Life?, mainly because he is now the champion and his ego will be too big to save to a file. He will write the story of his life against Eye-Rime, in an attempt to prove that he is in fact the better writer, and so that he can laugh in Eye-Rime’s face after his victory. He is coming off an upset win against Vern Acular, and I predict him to try and surprise the league with the best verse of week six and prove that he didn’t win the belt simply because Vern didn’t try.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | IN THE MIND OF GOT LIFE?

Well it was certainly an interesting week, one showing some of the most action the league has seen in quite some time, deserved or undeserved, but definitely some interesting battles after all was said and done. For those of you still bitter about your losses, quite a few of you could have ran away with a W last week had you had the brains to vote, personally I really appreciate all you dim-witted fucks that don’t vote, but anyway, that’s not what we’re here for.

Now onto the breakdowns:

24. Unavailable. (0-0) vs. 25. -Atreyu- (0-0)

This match proved to be an absolute waste of time for the moderators that posted it. Atreyu in his typical fashion since probably about a year ago, signed in only to no-show. He has become a Jersey-Emcee without the personality and consistency. Unavailable on the other hand shows up to pick up an easy win tacking on another win to an overly bloated record that he carries along. The most pathetic thing that came from this though was the voting cast by Unavailable. Garbage in produces garbage out, you my friend posted some utter garbage, the very fact your votes probably took you as long to compile as your 6 bar no-show verse makes me consider you as a piece of shit. Thanks and have a nice day.

22. Retulen Reactus (0-0) vs. 23. 4Matt (0-0)

This match showcased absolutely nothing, just two dumb mother fuckers that signed in and didn’t show up. While your presence is much appreciate, Retulen, I’d expect more out of a vet especially after that whole ordeal of you’re back and what not.

20. Me$$y One (0-0) vs. 21. R3DRUM (0-0)

Unfortunately R3DRUM’s eagerness to finally meet someone in RSTL competition was not met by his competitor. Red posted an easy to follow verse that was built around its imagery, a solid flow, and a pretty solid character development. Unfortunately the verse ended slightly abruptly right as the story really started to build up and get interesting. None the less I look forward to read more from the kid.

18. Ashen Horse (0-0) vs. 19. Robin Banks! (0-0)

What a shocker, Pent uP no shows. Or pest no shows, probably pent considering he came into the thread trying to pick a fight with Baron over some shit that went down at PR. Baron on the other hand came with a decent little hood tale built up around his great mechanics carrying the piece alone. For actual value in the read, I didn’t find much and the whole use of Little Red Riding Hood and The Big Bad Wolf seems overshadowed by Vern’s verse in round 1 of the most recent tournament. All in all it would have been interesting to see what Pent would have had to offer, but at the end of the day he continues to be a no-show queen under his acquired alias.

16. Twixn.. (1-2) vs. 17. furl (0-0)

While I don’t share the sentiments of our resident police officer that Twixn is someone’s alias that they use to help themselves cheat when it comes down to it, Twixn certainly didn’t bring much to the table. Posting the lyrics of an audio that even in audio state didn’t get much positive feedback, this piece was just lacking. It seemed more of a free-verse or something you’d post in the open mic and call a keystyle. Twixn continues to disappoint everyone who tried to champion the whole, “don’t listen to them, do you.” Furl on the other hand wrote a rather interesting piece that faltered in transition due to the line limit restriction. It brings back the question that Tali tends to address a lot when me and him are talking about how for some topics you really would be able to do a lot more with the verse if you had 100 lines to work with rather than 64. None the less the way Furl finished his verse having the main character attempt to sacrifice himself rather than his daughter and killing her accidentally in the process just worked. The reader is left with the image of the sword getting the last laugh and it is a situation where evil perseveres, something seemingly fitting considering the whole good vs evil motto put in place by the banner currently sported by league matches.

14. Jersey_Emcee (2-2) vs. 15. Trybz (1-2)

Jersey has certainly been shocking us all by actually showing up to his matches, even having posted last week while drunk, but this week he brought out the good all Jersey we’ve all grown accustomed to. Mr. No Show Himself, Trybz runs off with a win and celebrates it proclaiming that he’s on his way to the champ match. One thing I will give Trybz is the fact that he voted on 4 battles. In the future though, please reference the rules and note that you have to vote on the Champ and Contender battles.

12. SacriFICE (1-1) vs. 13. Ribo Nuke (1-1)

In one of the more eagerly anticipated battles since the league’s return the pitting of Sacrifice vs Ribo in a rematch proved to not workout quite so well. Ribo having just moved to LA this past week seemed unable to get to a computer and post a verse, not something I blame him for considering the move and change, but this definitely could have had the potential to be the battle of the week. Sac walks away disappointed by the turn of events as he clearly wanted some actual competition, but the part of the verse he did put up demonstrated his usual obsession with a complex rhyme scheme leading some people to believe that maybe the rust is finally off and the Sac that terrorized the league towards the end of last year is back.

10. DaAlmightyDolla (3-1) vs. 11. S. Issue (1-0)

Amidst all the bullshit that was going on last week there was actually a few interesting battles that went down, this being one of them. S.Issue wrote a seemingly predictable piece in that the piece followed a path that everyone foresaw; to me the only downfall of the piece was that it lacked a character that we could relate to. When touching on a sensitive subject like this that really draws imagery, I find it best when there’s an actual character, someone that draws the reader in and allows for an outlet of emotion as well to compliment the piece. As far as DAD, the kid must be getting some really good weed or acid in the bitch. His verse definitely flourished with creativity, for my personal tastes a bit much as his verse jumped around with so many images and different ideas that it felt like a bit much at times. Regardless of how I felt, I have to give credit to both guys for showing up and giving the voters of the league something to definitely mull over.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | IN THE MIND OF GOT LIFE? Continued

8. TheReturn (1-0) vs. 9. Anaphora (1-0)

LokStok found this battle rather disappointing in the performance of The Return, to me it was disappointing from both writers. Return wrote a verse about the true story of recently murdered NCAAF player Taylor Bradford. While I’m sure friends, family, and those that know Taylor would appreciate this, the story doesn’t reach the mass appeal to be successful in the RSTL. Essentially it became a small auto-bio/eulogy that to most readers seemed more like an article in the morning paper than a verse that captivated them and made them feel for the loss of the young athlete. On the other side of the table Anaphora provided a verse based on a poetic build up with a sense of poetic justice towards the end as this seemingly defenseless woman who was always protected by Joe turns into a werewolf exacting revenge against the evil people that Joe tried to protect her from after Joe’s murder. For me the piece worked because I’m a fan of these elements and the imagery was stellar, but I can see where people found the read to be slow and dragging with the lack of much action sequence and with the events being unclear until the actual end. None the less a good battle put forward by the two former champs.

6. headless verseman (3-1) vs. 7. nah son (1-0)

For me, this battle caught more attention than it deserved. Partially on behalf of headless who in an attempt to make Q look like a jackass decided to break down his own verse. Personally back when I was mod I would have edited that entire post the fuck out because if the people of this league actually voted, that could definitely sway someone. To me headless’s verse worked although it really didn’t demonstrate anything that stood out. It was just one of those verses that any good writer can pull out for the sake of showing without having to worry about their opponent. Nah son turned out to be an opponent Headless should have actually worried about as he demonstrated some killer writing in his “I am” piece. My vote was for headless because to me “I am” pieces have been beat to death, but when you actually look at the writing, in particular the segment about 9/11 it was really powerful. Regardless of how many “I am” pieces we’ve all heard in our days, I guarantee if that was spit in NYC, it would be greatly felt and have a very powerful message.

Contendership: 4. Eye-Rime (2-0) vs. 5. Cane (2-0)

The contender battle didn’t really carry much flare this week and it’s easy to understand why it ended up being slept on even though it’s a league rule that it has to be voted on. Clearly this is not a rule the mods have been enforcing. Anyhow Q wrote a rather predictable verse, but his mechanics held him in there. To me this was a case where a writer allowed their rhyming to claim their verse and offered really no substance behind it. Something Cane was avidly bitching about. Cane on the other hand wrote a play that really didn’t play on much, the read was rather dull as the language usage was rather forced, definitely not something you’d heard much of in normal dialogue. Beyond that the piece didn’t offer anything new to the reader, just the same washed up idea that seemingly Cane has been championing about how no one in the league can be creative, I guess with that kind of outlook it explains the lack of creativity found in Cane’s writing.

Championship: 1. Vern Acular (4-0) vs. 2. LokStok (3-0) vs. 3. Got Life (3-1)

I’ve been in a lot of champ matches and a lot of great 3-ways in my day. This was certainly not one of them. To me Lok’s verse worked conceptually, his idea was solid and had he written it better and actually allowed for the characters to develop rather than just be thrust upon the reader his emotional build up would have actually worked and could have possibly made this a closer match. Vern’s verse was rather just textbook good which is enough to muster wins over the mediocre writers of the league, but not something that is going to beat out solid writers. For me the piece showed a few sloppy parts because of how tired I was when writing it the night verses were due after having just watched Rutgers beat USF. Outside of that though I was content with the idea I put forward of someone having watched their loved one slowly wither away and die under the wrath of cancer, then having found reasoning in their troubled state of mind to not allow other people to witness their family members suffer or just letting cancer win again, rather he takes matters into his own hands. Obviously with that I had to add the sick perversion of bathing in the blood with the corpse because we can’t have a serial killer without eccentricities, otherwise he’d just be a murderer. Regardless of which a decent champ match for what it’s worth.

XIV | CONCLUSION

Wow, I hope reading this magazine has been just as fun for you as writing it has been for me [NOT!]. But seriously, this week I have been motivated on and off the internet to become a better a man. Hopefully, I would motivate some of you readers to become better writers and better participants for the sake of the league. Beef will always be present, but let’s make sure that it is healthy Angus beef and not just happy meal burgers. We are all grown ass men, so we should conduct ourselves as such. Thanks for a good week, and hopefully we will continue to grow.
    test
  15. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

u should make babies more often if it makes u write like this...

was this so hard. but good read

i had suggestions 4 the league that i sent jook. i dunno if he shared them with u.

ps got life = john cena wordlife lol
    test
  16. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

Great mag Q .. and I'm not just saying it cos of my props .. for which I thank you .. you're right on the mark with what you said throughout the mag .. and lol @ the weekly babe thing .. :thumbs up: ..

we all [heart] Got Life? for his input .. I've explained my thing of bouncing off him in conversation .. he's like that surprise toy at christmas that you don't really like but find yourself playing with it most .. or maybe an wanted pet you're lumbered with .. you know .. has some novelty value anyway .. but it's nothing that would have me vote against him should his verse warrant it ..

100% honesty - I ain't even read his verse against me and Vern .. I didn't read Vern's either .. more interested in my feedback for my verse than I am for the "Vote=Lok" ..

I got lots of good feedback .. even after GL? telling me days before he posted his verse that I should rewrite mine cos it "sucked" .. then tries some "there's no marginal/close thing about the votes" through his egotistical side .. which was a shame and a real flaw in his character ..

I'm this "scrub" that "scraped" into the champ match .. and once again .. we had verses (via comments in votes) that it wasn't an easy split .. voters that said it was a good match-up .. and to top it off .. this "scrub" posted mad early and even then got better feedback than Vern got .. and Vern's a fucking hero around here ..

So he can try and rub it in my face all year .. it means jack shit .. tbh ..

he's a legitimate champ from that 3-way via votes .. congrats to him .. but if he thinks that adds anything to me thinking he deserves the ego swagger that wobbles his tits .. bwhaha .. he's mistaken ..

[heart]
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Guest

holy jumping jahavofax... wow bro.. I have to take my hat off to this mag... I've been on the net 7 years and have never seen one person by themselves, write a mag as good as this.

this is a great mag. now we're going to hold you to this standard LOL. dope.
    test
  18. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and this week i have 2 essays, 2 tests, and 2 champ matches
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol

no, he didnt share them with me, but im sure he will if it is necessary