The RSTL Tribune: Issue 4, Week 10

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Nov 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    ----- The RSTL Tribune: Issue 3, Week 8 -----

CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. The RSTL Spotlight
    III. Q’s Championship Review
    IV. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    V. The Five Fan Favorites
    VI. Q’s Top 3 Verses
    VII. The Shit List
    VIII. The Cover Story: The Ranting of a Tired Old Man
    IX. Headliners
    X. The Official Rankings
    XI. Q’s Predictions
    XII. Q’s Top 5 Competitors
    XIII. Jook’s Corner
    XIV. Conclusion

FEATURES

The Shit List | II
    By Got Life?

The Cover Story: The Ranting of a Tired Old Man | XI
    By Got Life?

I | INTRODUCTION

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for my absence last week as well as the absence of the magazine. I'm sure that as grown human beings, we all understand that there is life that exists outside of this league, even for the moderators. Therefore I will only touch on the subject briefly, but from the night of the 14th until the night of the 19th, I was on a family vacation or more specifically a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico. I left with the assumption that Jook and Got Life? would take care of the magazine for the week, however upon my return I discovered that this was not the case. I am not pointing fingers because for one, Got Life? is not even a moderator and therefore it his not his responsibility to pick up our slack, and for two because Jook already does mostly everything and therefore should not be expected to produce a magazine. With that said, I am only apologizing for not posting a magazine, because had I known that GL and Jook would not handle it for me, I would have thrown something together. I know the importance of this Tribune with the participants of the league, and being the only week without a magazine thus far, this was also one of the slowest weeks as of recently with numerous no shows. It may or may not be a result of this Tribune's absence, but it is an ironic coincidence. So, in conclusion, I will strive to stay consistent in posting this magazine week in and week out. However, if life does happen to knock at my door, please be understanding and continue to uphold your end of the bargain as a participant and stay active and make sure to post your verses. Do not let my mistakes be an excuse for yours.

Besides that, out of the verses that were posted we did have some very interesting match ups with some lower on the level of skill, but still making for evenly matched battles. I really enjoyed voting this week and sharing my honest opinions.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | THE RSTL SPOTLIGHT

Here is to the second RSTL SPOTLIGHT, by your very own moderator, Quriosity.

For this week, I decided to take a different approach. Ofcourse there were many worthy to be in the spotlight from week 10. There was MCRevolver and his random as rantings. Also there was SacriFICE and his beef with none other than Mr. Personality himself, Got Life?. Minus that, there were plenty no shows and suspect participants, such as Dougie G, who most likely is an alias.

But besides all of the nonsense, there is one participant that has stood out to me the most for the past two or three weeks, and that is TheReturn.

TheReturn has made history these past two weeks by becoming not only the first ever RSTL Champion since the rebirth to win the title on account of a technicality, but also the first to ever defend that title, and just recently he also became the first with not only one, but TWO succesful defenses.

I think this is more than worthy of the spotlight. TheReturn has recently been on a rampage with writing, winning the hearts of most voters through his human emotion and vivid descriptions throughout his writing.

I did not share the privilege in reading the Championship match from week 9, however I have heard plenty, and I did get a chance to read this past week's classic match up against vada, otherwise known as Vern Acular.

Votes were torn between the two throughout the weekend, but only one emcee landed out on top, and that is TheReturn, coming off another deserved win in another great match against another great emcee. Wow.

My only question is, can he keep up the steam?

That's right, I said it. Already I have seen excuses on time and an attempt to sign out of the league. I'm not only saying this because he will be facing me this week (because I also have limited time), but mainly because Baron Mynd hurt his thumb [LOL].

Just playing, but really, can he sustain as the RSTL Champion for another week, and another week after that? Will he be the first to dominate the rebirth of the RSTL?

Only time will tell, but good luck TR.

And this has been another edition of the RSTL Spotlight.

-Over and out.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | Q’S CHAMPIONSHIP REVIEW

Wow, what can I say, yet another classic match up between two current RSTL greats, TheReturn who is the defending Champion, and his challenger, vada (otherwise known as Vern Acular).

Both delivered seemingly solid writtens and both racked in numerous votes.

In the thread I voted for vada, but that was before I noticed that not only did he explain his verse (which could have easily been misconstrued as swaying) but he also ruined the ending in my opinion. With the Hitman shooting at the mirror, the verse just seems too incomplete for comfort. My vote was based on the fact that there was an actual ending in which the Hitman took himself out due to his dedication which was a strong, yet also predictable, ending in my opinion. Of course this is arguable, as I've noticed that others preferred the less complete ending as opposed to what is implied by the text.

Either way, vada fell short to a beautiful and seemingly brilliant work of art. Although in my honest opinion, this verse also fell short in some areas, mainly in the same area as vada. The verse just didnt feel complete for more and a lot of things were left untouched. I felt that he could have went into more detail in certain areas and unfortunately missed out on opportunities to make for a classic verse. Nevertheless, he came out on top and remains as the Champ for another week.

Great battle guys, and hopefully both of you keep up the good work. I'm sure if vada stays signed in he will be right back to the top in about four or five weeks.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | GOT LIFE’S BREAKDOWNS

As the aliases flocked back into the league so did the overflow of no-shows. Not to be out done by the aliases though, veteran no-showers Tek, Malo, and Jersey Emcee lead the rat pack of useless scum bags that help over inflate records like that of Sacrifice.

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (6-0) vs. 2. vada (4-0)

In what looked like the best champ match in quite a long time RSTL members who are all being forced to vote on the champ match finally got something worth being forced to read. TheReturn provided a story the way we’ve all come to expect from him, with smooth multies, strong imagery, and a good balance of heart felt emotion that just about everyone in the league could relate to. This time extending his writers voice through a woman who wished to finally rid herself of a husband that seemingly just would not let her go. The piece was raked with emotion and appealed to everyone as the characters were very relatable. Vada, better known as Vernacular decided to do something different, coming to the table yet again with fierce mechanics consisting of powerful and smooth multies, a strong writers voice and great imagery, Vern fell short when it came time to winning over voters personal preference. His piece about a hitman going through kills flawlessly and reaping success until one day he’s asked to put out a hit on himself seemed almost to cliché. In the end The hitman shoots at the mirror he’s looking at knowing that he needs to change his life, but the entire build up of the piece was predictable from beginning to end. At the end these two great writers clashed with TheReturn still standing a top that lonely mountain some of us know as the RSTL Championship.

Contendership Match: 3. 3-Planes (3-0) vs. 4. Eye-Rime (6-1)

In a match that was definitely closer than the voting would suggest voters also got a very solid showing from 3-Planes and Q. It all boiled down to a matter of personal preference again, something that seems rampant throughout the league, which is why it should be no surprise that Q ran away with the win, considering he’s probably the only writer in the league that writes for the actual votes, none the less Q wrote a moderately interesting piece about a kid playing a video game and as he progressed through it. Some could say it may have been inspired by vada’s recent success covering such topics in fantasy, but the fantasy came to a crashing halt as the game was turned off by the boy’s older sister. Bringing us back to reality Q showed the rage that some of these video gamers possess and how their obsession consumes them as the boy then went and stabbed his sister to death so that he could go on playing. To me that ending was spot on and was the difference in this match. 3 Planes wrote a very well crafted verse that had a very powerful use of language, but where it fell apart is that while everything seemed spot on, the images presented by 3 were not different from the images seen in any other topical about the demoralization of our society. At the end of the day it seems people are tired of hearing about the slums and the cocaine dreams.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

The starving artists

5. S. Issue (3-2) vs. 6. Lord Drama (2-0)

When you really break it down and think about the insane amount of talent between these two writers you would expect that this battle could easily rival the battle of the week, unfortunately for those of you that read the battle you already know it did not live up to the hype. It seemed like a rushed week all together for L Dogg as he was also unable to actually cast his votes this week, but L wrote about a man sitting at a diner, who chooses to meet a girl, that girl turns out to be an assassin hired by his wife, a wife who revealed her plan to the husband while feeling remorse. In turn while the assassin feels all twisted up in the situation she ends up being murdered by the man she was supposed to murder as the plot unfolds. Unfortunately the story was told in a rather bland manner and the progression didn’t really captivate anyone’s interest. S. I. also failed to really pull anyone into his story as his tail of a soldier started out rather slowly dragging through the mud, but the story picked up as we saw a wicked side to S.I. where the soldier ends up taking out a blade and goes slashing through a field of children. It was a touch of life that finally woke something up in readers as this battle could have easily substituted Tylenol PM and put someone to sleep especially while squinting their eyes to read S.I.’s font. At the end of the day S.I. walks away with the W and moves onto the contender match in his quest to one day Champion the RSTL.

7. Strike2 (2-0) vs. 8. LokStok (5-2)

Unfortunately disappointment in the RSTL tends to either not exist or run rampant. In the match up between Lok, probably the luckiest 6-2 in RSTL history and an emerging beast in Strike voters hoped to find a battle that would fuel their minds. Instead they found what some would consider the worst battle of the week, where both writers went severely under par providing sloppy mechanics, poor word use, sloppy flow, and generally leaving a bad taste in the mouth of anyone forced to read this constipated writing. Strike provided a story that seemingly was either about his life or a character that he tried to get us to relate to by showing the bad things going on around in this characters life, essentially the emotion wasn’t gripping and the poor development of the character never really allowed the readers to actually feel for any of it. Examining the piece further the overkill of the content and then the cookie cutter ending to it all was just to much to bare as most readers avoided even paying this battle any mind after seeing what other voters had said. Lok, the poster child of underachieving did just that yet again. He know that Strike was barely going to be able to show and so he put forth yet another piece of writing that was just short of garbage, with the already mentioned problems with mechanics and development, Lok’s piece was about a drunken girl that ends up getting fucked in a mental institution by someone that it’s safe to assume she wouldn’t normally fuck. The imagery severely lacked as did any entertainment value of the piece. The ending to this piece being even worse, if you want to know what not to do when writing a solid verse, by all means look to this battle as a prime example.

11. SacriFICE (5-2) vs. 12. Got Life (6-3)

While Q called this the battle of the week I can’t say that I agree. To me this was a one sided battle where Sacrifice continued to absolutely bore people to death and I continued to bring on the gore. Mechanics wise it all depends what you look for, but both verses were certainly well written with very few actual flaws. Sacrifice chose to put together a piece that while seemingly started being about a love ended up being the same preachy jargon that he’s been writing about for weeks on end now, the whole back packer mentality of the world is out to get us, the evil corporations from atop the sky scrapers as they are all out to get us and take away our freedom. The problem with this is, Sacrifice doesn’t offer anything new to any of these ideas, he doesn’t deliver them in a clever way and so his topical is left bland and boring with the air of poetry around it being the only thing semi-creative that he adds to the overall effect. I on the other hand took two characters building up a relationship around them, explaining the different aspects in their lives and in what seemed like a quick 60 bars, the readers were able to relate to the characters, although being aware of who the writer was, the readers were also aware of their imminent doom. A doom portrayed with imagery that brought it all to life, it wasn’t by a lot of flashy rhyming that I took this one hands down, it was by providing a piece that people could actually relate to, and providing characters that people wanted to get to know.

17. Bonnie Bathory (0-1) vs. 18. .ApoGee. (0-1)

I was actually surprised when reading some of the votes this week in regards to ApoGee’s verse. The shocker for me being that people actually noticed that his verse had nothing to do with the topic at all, something I found surprising considering how people these days tend to just take a verse for what it is and never judge based off how clever it was to contrive such a verse given the topic at hand, regardless this was another battle that voters used for a quick easy vote. The winner being rather obvious as Bonnie provided a somewhat gory and interesting fast paced piece about a beast, a piece that would only win in the battle with Apogee or Dougie G though, this whole barely pulling off 16 bars is not going to hold weight as you move up the ranks Bonnie. Although against Apogee’s bike riding piece, Bonnie was able to get away with a lucky win. Regardless, this was another battle that Q really wasted his time in breaking down as I think Q put more effort into his vote than Bonnie and Apogee put into their verses combined.

21. Dougie G (0-0) vs. 22. DiC GeTs GuLLy (0-0)

This battle didn’t really have much to offer being that both verses combined were shorter than most verses posted by just one writer this week even in some of the no-show wins, like Baron’s, but essentially you got what we all expected. What we had here was one of the league’s all time most accomplished writers against someone who has probably never written a topical in their life. The result being that Dougie G got blown the fuck out of the water when it comes down to every single category that you could possibly judge a piece of writing on. To break it down any further is utterly pointless, as was wasting my time to even vote on this battle when some other battles didn’t get many votes to begin with.

As for the other writers who put verses out there last week, but their opponent no-showed, there’s nothing to break down about your battles, so that is why you go unmentioned here. Next time you should pay Baron and his supposedly injured thumb to write a verse for your opponent so that you actually have someone to compete with and can get yourself a breakdown by Mr. Personality.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | THE FIVE FAN FAVORITES
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

Five: 3-Planes

Four: Got Life?

Three: Vada

Two: Eye-Rime

One: TheReturn
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | Q’S TOP THREE VERSES OF THE WEEK
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

Three: Eye-Rime

I will not go into grave detail simply because as you all may know, Eye-Rime is myself and I am Eye-Rime. I try not to nominate myself in areas where I will be forced to critique myself but due to the lack of activity of week 10 and the great feedback that I received in my thread, I feel that I deserve to be in the top 3 verses of the week. My flow was spot on, along with descriptions that kept the readers focus accompanied by what SacriFICE would call the plague of the RSTL, or otherwise known as a good twist. Hopefully I can continue to grow as a writer and as a participant in this league.

Two: TheReturn

No surprise here, he is still the Champion and number one ranked participant that this league has to offer. The verse had a certain feel to it that comforted readers. Maybe it was the human emotion or the simplicity of the story or the level at which readers could relate. Or maybe it was the fact that he was the Champion and his name is TheReturn. Either way, he delivered a stellar verse worthy of beating the likes of Vern Acular and retaining the title, rightfully earning his spot in the top 3 verses of the week. Hopefully he can keep up the good work and excel in areas where he may have failed, continuing to prove his worth as the number one ranked writer around.

One: Vada

Maybe I'm just a fan, or maybe you're just that damn good. I knew all along that you were Vern Acular simply because of your flow which is in some cases similar to man. You all may know that I am a fan of flow and boy does Vern know how to pile it on. My only real complaint with your verse is the controversial ending, however I still rank this verse the best of week 10 and my reasons are laid out in my lengthy vote. But in a nutshell, it was packed with outstanding flow, along with a story that was easy to follow with a good ending (or so it seemed). Good job, and keep it up homeslice and you'll be right back to the top.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | GOT LIFE'S SHIT LIST

This is a segment that I use to do and well, what better time to bring it back then after a week that certainly had some people worth of being put on a fucking shit list.

Let’s start it off with the most obvious candidates.

Tekneek, Malo, RICO, and Jersey Emcee…the three of you are useless cunts and are more likely to no-show every single time you sign in then utterly random aliases that only have on post, and not just because 9 times out of 10 that alias is Baron Mynd. It’s bad enough that 9 times out of 10 you guys can’t write a verse to save your life, but to continuously provide no-shows throughout the league I’m thoroughly fed up with seeing your names pop up in the sign in thread, the next time ya’ll are feeling motivated, why don’t you grab a fucking knife and slit your wrists horizontally, then proceed to tie yourselves to a speeding vehicle and get dragged down the highway until your worthless arms are torn from your worthless corpses.

Next up we have Gundam, Juked, Strikta, and XDAMX…the four of you scum bags compose the other useless twats that didn’t bother to show up and for reference as to what you guys should do the next time you decide to sign up, please see above.

Before I get onto the people actually participating in the league lets move onto last weeks intrusion from MC Revolver…yup, this superstar gets his own little section because while he’s not a member of the league, nor a former champ unless he’s another cocksucker hiding under an alias, this dingleberry decided to stick his beak into every match this week contributing not only rampant stupidity, but then felt insulted that no one cared for his votes. Don’t worry buddy at least Sacrifice appreciates you for showing him some love last week, without you his temper tantrum might have ended in a full blown suicide. For future reference, if you are not signed into the league, and are not a former champ, your vote will be dq’d no matter what so leave your nonsensical rambling and free posting to somewhere else.

That actually concludes this week’s Shit List because there’s not really an abundance of bad voting this week although some sporadic instances of it were sprinkled throughout, and for the most part everyone actually participating is doing there thing and I won’t use the mag to take anymore personal shots at people than I already have.

So with that in mind, make sure you don’t land on this list next week.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | THE COVER STORY: The Ranting of a Tired Old Man
    By Got Life?....

As it was suggest by Baron I guess I’ll address the issue, why have I considered signing out, this being the second time in the 10 week span since the RSTL’s return. I guess it’s probably the same reasoning any of the people who’ve spent a considerable amount of time in the league have, it just drags on you having to try and pump out a new story every week, trying to push yourself towards being creative and coming up with fresh approaches.

Beyond that, this league is a responsibility, for me first and foremost. I’ve become one of the poster children of the RSTL as Jook labeled me last night. For me my involvement can’t just be sign in, check in, post my verse, post my 4 votes and not be around. With that comes an actual burden of time that sometimes I just don’t want to dedicate. It really hit me as I started putting together the mag that never was last week. I just don’t have that burning desire to prove something in this league anymore the way I use to. Now it’s more like chasing down whoever has more wins than me in history which now only consists of 7 writers one who I’m only 3 wins behind, but what else does that prove.

I accomplished everything I really ever set out to do in the league, champ it, receive daps and appreciation for my knack at writing, most importantly do it on my own terms. Beyond that the biggest thing was winning that bet with Tali about going 52 straight.

I’ve definitely seen a lot in the league since day one though, battled a lot of the great writers. I’ve been involved in a lot of the drama and made some actually pretty chill acquaintances through the league. There are definitely a lot of writers new and old for whose opinion I actually have respect and enjoy speaking to even about bullshit. I guess there just comes a time when there’s really nothing more that’s going to motivate me to be the guy that posts his verse long before anyone else does rather the scene for me looks more like it’s past midnight the night verse are due, I have till 3 am, my girl is asleep in bed and I’m sitting on my laptop trying to scrape some thoughts together.

Beyond that though, as the league continues to flourish the way it’s going right now I will not sign out because I feel a certain duty that I guess some of the other vets have forgotten about and that is to stay around here and continue to challenge young writers and to keep the beef stewing. As for this round robin that approaches at the end of week 16, I don’t know who will make up the 16 writers, but I assure you I will be there and you will have to be on your game if you think you’re going to bring this arrogant motherfucker down.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK
    Based On Completed Matches

BEST OVERALL VERSE
    Vada

RUNNER UP
    TheReturn

WACKEST OVERALL VERSE
    Dougie G

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A PICTURE
    Apogee (wtf were you thinking?)

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A TOPIC
    Eye-Rime

MOST CONTROVERSIAL VERSE
    vada

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Eye-Rime
    Vada

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    SacriFICE vs. Got Life?

RUNNERS UP
    Eye-Rime vs. 3-Planes
    TheReturn vs. vada

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Dougie G
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | THE OFFICIAL RANKINGS

Championship: 1. TheReturn (7-0) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (7-1)

Contendership: 3. S. Issue (4-2) vs. 4. Lucifa (6-2)

The people who are not in the top 4 (fuck witty titles)

5.ILLweezy (2-0) vs. 6. Got Life (7-3)

7. Mound 10 (3-1) vs. 8. Nah Son (4-1)

9. Bonnie Bathory (1-1) vs. 10. .ApoGee. (1-1)

11. Autocratimatic (1-0) vs. 12. Dic Gets Gully (1-0)

13. godfather (1-0) vs. 14. Horud Sky (1-0)

15. rocket (1-0) vs. 16. Trybz (1-0)

17. Vada (4-1) vs. 18. Lord Drama (2-1)

19. Strike2 (2-1) vs. 20. headless verseman (3-3)

21. RICO (1-4) vs. 22. Defcon 5 (0-0)

23. BaySick (0-0) vs. 24. Dougie G (0-1)

25. Poetickz (0-0) vs. 26. condescending (0-0)

test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | Q’S PREDICTIONS

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (7-0) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (7-1)
    TheReturn -3

Yes, the odds are definately against me. I recently peeped the predictions thread in the hookups and wow, if I win then I guess this will be one of the biggest upsets to date. Both of us are experiencing time limitations, yet both of us will most likely post dope verses. I think this will come down to the preference of the voters, as both of us tend to deliver completely different styles. With that said, the voters seemed to prefer TR's writing, so therefore I'm saying TheReturn by atleast 3 votes.

Contership Match: 3. S. Issue (4-2) vs. 4. Lucifa (6-2)
    S. Issue -3

Although I beg to differ, and tend to root for Lucifa more times than often, only to be severely disapointed, but I think this match will be closer than people give credit. With Luc realizing that he is just a battle away from taking the belt that was once nearly his, I assume he will finally step up his game. However, S. Issue has been consistently good enough and will also look to step up his game. This will be a close one, but S. Issue has the edge with voters, so i'll go with him by at least 3 votes. However, I'm pulling for the upset.

5.ILLweezy (2-0) vs. 6. Got Life (7-3)
    Got Life? -5

Hopefully this will not be a blow out, and it most probably won't. But I have to call it how I see it. I believe ILL has yet to see a participant that actually shows and therefore is coming off of two arguably undeserved wins will GL is probably the most consistently good enough writer available, always posting just enough to take the win or at least recieve props where props are due. I think GL will step his game up and take this one fairly easily, however hopefully this prediction will motivate Weez and make this a match for the books. Got Life? by at least 5 votes.

7. Mound 10 (3-1) vs. 8. Nah Son (4-1)
    Nah Son -2

Mound 10 has yet to prove his consistency as a writer, but definately as shown his potential, while Nah Son should be well rested and ready to reclaim his title. I'll say this one isn't as close as some think, but to be safe i'll call it Nah Son by 2 votes.

9. Bonnie Bathory (1-1) vs. 10. .ApoGee. (1-1)
    Bonnie -2

Hmm, didn't they just battle? Either way, Apo was a disapointment in my opinion, posting a verse that never added up to the picture, while Bonnie was semi-impressive with more polished rhymes and a good flow structure. Hopefully both will post more than 16 lines and make this a match actually worth reading, but either way I see Bonnie Bathory winning this one by at least 2.

11. Autocratimatic (1-0) vs. 12. Dic Gets Gully (1-0)
    Dic -5

Who knows this autocramatic character? I sure don't. But we all most definately know Dic who tends to get gully from time to time. I'm thinking this will be a fairly easy win for the fan favorite, judging from Auto's voting habits and unknown name. Dic Gets Gully by 5.

13. godfather (1-0) vs. 14. Horud Sky (1-0)
    Horud Sky -5

I'm not convinced by godfather's register date. Baron Mynd knows what he's doing and his been praying for a participant willing to post against him. I think he's hungry and will take this one fairly easy against a rusty and rather wack godfather. Horud Sky by 5.

15. rocket (1-0) vs. 16. Trybz (1-0)
    Trybz -3

I still am unfamiliar with rocket's work, but last time I peeped Trybz he was quite impressive. He's proved his worth as a writer, now he must prove his consistency. Trybz by at least 3 votes.

17. Vada (4-1) vs. 18. Lord Drama (2-1)
    Vada -5

Maybe this won't be a blow out, but LD has been unimpressive in my opinion. Hopefully he will bounce back this week and make this an interesting match up, but as it stands, even coming off a loss vada is still on a steam roll and I look for him to iron out the competition this week. Vada in a knock out.

19. Strike2 (2-1) vs. 20. headless verseman (3-3)
    Headless Verseman -3

Although we've shared our differences, I am by no means a hater and I refuse to vote against HV simply because of his character. For the same reasons I also refuse to predict Strike2 to win because I honestly think as it stands, HV is the better writer. He's been away brushing up his skills in the PR league and should be ready for the competition here, while strike2 was a disapointment last week and will look to bounce back strong. I think this will be a close battle, but Headless Verseman by 3 votes at least.

21. RICO (1-4) vs. 22. Defcon 5 (0-0)
    Even

Unfamiliar with both in this league, although Defcon (if its the same one that I know) is pretty decent in battling and should hold up well in storytelling/topical writing. With that said and judging from RICO's record, i'll say Defcon 5 comes away with the win here.

23. BaySick (0-0) vs. 24. Dougie G (0-1)
    BaySick -3

Hopefully Bay is ready to compete. Either way, we all know that Dougie isn't. Unless last week was a joke, I see Bay taking this surprisingly quite easily. BaySick by at least 3 votes, just to be safe.

25. Poetickz (0-0) vs. 26. condescending (0-0)
    Even

I know of neither, but i'll go with Poetickz.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | Q’S TOP THREE COMPETITORS FOR WEEK SIX

Three: Got Life?, mainly because he is consistent as an established writer and he is coming off a somewhat heated beef between SacriFICE. Besides that however, I look for him to post something out of the ordinary for Got Life?, and I think he is hungry for his 3rd belt and will do what it takes, once again, to shut out the competition. Good luck cupcake, and hopefully this won't be yet another gore piece.

Two: Vada, again because he is on a roll even though he lost in last weeks champ match. Also he is in a pretty good match up against Lord Drama, and looks to keep up his good work and excel in areas where he may have failed in last week. He will pick up the pace and get right back on track for the belt. Also I believe he signed out of the RBL, so therefore he will also have more time to write and impress the voters of the RSTL. Good luck V.ern A.cular D.idit A.gain.

One: TheReturn, because although he claims to be pressed for time, he didnt stay signed in for no reason. TR looks to retain his title, going on 3 weeks strong, and impress the voters once again with a heartfelt script. Also this will be a highly anticipated match, against myself, and I'm sure he looks to shut out the competition as some have already said that I have the potential of being better. Good luck homeslice, and see you soon.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | J O O K’S CORNER

Will continue next week!

test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV | CONCLUSION

Sorry for the late mag, and again, its absence last week.

Hopefully the activity will pick up with people like Headless signed back in to keep the beef going, along with Mr. Personality, plus some pretty good match ups.

I want to thank you all for keeping this running ten weeks strong. Let's make this a week to remember and strive for 100% complete battles, which thus far has never been done before.

I believe in you all, and I respect you all as writers.

Good Luck!
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good mag...

i'm phenomenal...

wooh...
    test
  17. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Very good comeback mag Q. Good work Got Life?. You guys did your thing on this one.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

^thank you kindly
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol at jook's corner, i just noticed that shit

you're a fool
    test
  20. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

and you're a lonely package fetching kneegrow...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.