The RSTL Tribune: Issue #3, Week 8

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    ----- The RSTL Tribune: Issue 3, Week 8 -----

CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. The RSTL Spotlight
    III. Q’s Championship Review
    IV. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    V. The Five Fan Favorites
    VI. Q’s Top 3 Verses
    VII. Beauty of the Week
    VIII. The Cover Story
    IX. Headliners
    X. The Official Rankings
    XI. Q’s Predictions
    XII. Q’s Top 5 Competitors
    XIII. Jook’s Corner
    XIV. Conclusion

FEATURES

The RSTL Spotlight | II
    Two of our participants are commended for their efforts and outstanding performances as of lately.

The Cover Story | XI
    A discussion concerning aliases and there place in our league.

I | INTRODUCTION

Firstly, this has been a standout week in the history of the new RSTL. And yes I said new Got Life?, because this is the new RSTL. We are a revived and dedicated generation and addition to the legacy of the Storytelling/Topical League. Thank you to all of those that have been with us through the good time and the bad times [although this is barely the ninth week of operation, there have clearly been some weeks better than others]. Jook and I appreciate the efforts put forth by all that have consistently posted and made this league a better place, and to those that have stuck around for the better days that are promised to come. To all of the consistent no showers and league hoppers, your efforts are still noticed, however we would much rather prefer that you stay dedicated to this league as we do.

A great week packed with great matches, and most importantly complete matches. The biggest downfall of our 2 month mark was the actual Championship match, wherein some have dubbed the former RSTL Champion a bitch, who decidedly no showed while still posting just enough lines of poop to allow TheReturn an arguably undeserved title. But aside from this battle, there were a lot of matches with verses posted within hours of the actual topics thread, and our completion rate was near flawless [with only 2 battles that I remember being left incomplete]. A lot of old names shaking the rust off, and one in particular who is still doing the Harlem Shake [MrMister aka Urizen]. TeKneeK [for lack of a better word] shitted on his competition this week while still abiding by the rules when he disagreed to a line limit which until now I thought was unheard of. Either way, I personally thank him for posting a real story and actually giving us something to read while we voted. Also this week, speculations floated about Baron Mynd having written numerous verses for participants this week, including both of TeKneeK’s opponents. If that is so, then I suppose I should be thanking him for our completion rate, so thank you Baron Mynd, in advance.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | THE RSTL SPOTLIGHT

Yes, I have taken into account the suggestions of my fellow participants, and I have decided to alter the Tribune. At this time, I would like to introduce what I would like to call the RSTL SPOTLIGHT [I believe Dic suggested the title if I am not mistaken].

THE RSTL SPOTLIGHT will be a chance for the RSTL to showcase certain members for numerous different reasons and will tend to change from week to week. One could be placed under the spotlight for various reasons including but not limited to an outstanding verse, outstanding sportsmanship, an outstanding voting trend, or because maybe they need a little help to get off their feet. Therefore, the actual reason can be positive or negative, but I will attempt to keep this portion of the Tribune as positive as possible, offering help and constructive criticism to those that need it and commending those that do not.

So, without further adieu, I would like to focus this week on two outstanding participants from two separate ends of the spectrum of talent.

Firstly, I would like to start off by commending Vada, whoever he may be, for being the beast that he is. I may be overstepping his actual level of consistent skill, however this past week he has proven to spectators that he does possess what it takes to become a Champion, and he is definitely my number one contender for the belt.

Vada posted a near flawless verse this week, consisting of one of the most intricate stories to date which was somehow woven to perfection. The flow was invincible, but never overpowering the actual story line, and the story itself was what DAD has been going for his entire RSTL career: a farfetched and somewhat out there plot which was conveyed in a way wherein it all seemed so natural for the reader, and the ending was vividly portrayed for an outstanding verse. I applaud you for you efforts and hope that you continue to improve and become the best writer that you can be. It really was a pleasure reading your verse.

Secondly, I would like to commend a participant who has been widely accepted to possess little to no talent and who normally abides by these standards. However maybe even more commendable than his verse last week is his dedication to this league and his consistency to post regardless of the outlook that others may share.

Trybz, you truly impressed me this past week and I think I speak for everyone when I say that your sudden leap in talent deserves a standing ovation. Although I did not feel that you deserved the win, I am still awed by the skill that you portrayed and I have a very hard time convincing myself that you actually wrote this. It was a damn near outstanding showing by you, as promised. A shame that Got Life? also delivered a somewhat outstanding verse, because there are many who would have fallen short to such a display of talent. I pray that you keep this up and that you improve and embark on your journey for the title. If only Unavailable could follow in your footsteps.
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | Q’S CHAMPIONSHIP REVIEW

This week delivered yet another Championship match falling short of its potential glory. TheReturn posted early, only second to me, with a seemingly solid storyline, creative in its overall concept but falling short in my opinion. I laid out the flaws which I found in my vote and a private message conversation between TheReturn and myself, therefore I refuse to go into grave details. But to outline my concerns, I felt that TR’s verse mainly fell short of my expectations, posting a verse that appeared to be flawless however it missed opportunity’s to heighten the imagery and descriptive details. Also the overall plot seemed to be a tad farfetched, and could have been toned down to make for a more believable and emotionally adept story. Needless to say, the verse was still an enjoyable read.

But what was more disappointing than TheReturn’s shortcomings was the fact that Nah Son did not take advantage, posting barely enough lines to qualify. He claims to have been uninterested, which may very well be true, but still he is looked at by others as being a bitch. A true Champion should never allow themselves to no-show as a result of a lack of interest or motivation. A true Champion is forever valiant in there efforts. This is proven by the likes of people such as Vern Acular and Got Life? who may have lost interest but still found time to write a verse and die and fighting. So was it cowardly? That is arguable. But what is not arguable is that Nah Son was a disappointment to many and must regain the respect that he may have once had. Also what is not arguable is that Nah Son still continues to hide behind an alias, which is also cowardly.

Nevertheless, congratulations to TheReturn for putting up a fight and never backing down. Maybe the title was undeserved, but you definitely deserved the win and recognition for your efforts. Hopefully this week you will be able to prove your worth by retaining the title of Champion for one more week. Good luck!
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | GOT LIFE’S BREAKDOWNS

Championship: 1. Nah Son (4-0) vs. 2. TheReturn (4-0)

Well, everyone that came around the RSTL early in the week saw that TheReturn had come to the table with one hell of a verse. While I sat there nagging about how I felt that some of his multies were forced he put together a piece that showed a lot of creativity building off of different events that all eventually lead to a string of deaths and demise. While this verse wasn’t the best I’ve seen from Return it certainly shined more then it got credit for. The lack of credit being because Nah Son decided to follow up on the recent tradition and choke once becoming champ. I found this amusing because while he was sitting around on Thursday night telling people he was deciding between which verse to post because he had written a few, the kid failed to post even a verse long enough to be considered a show. After being urged by Jook to at least show Nah Son added two lines and got knocked the fuck out in nice and easy fashion. I think this was the largest winning margin in quite some time being that voting was mandatory and every single person that voted, voted for TheReturn.

Contendership: 3. SacriFICE (4-1) vs. 4. MrMister (2-0)

In what proved to be a much more eventful match-up than the champ match, Sacrifice was finally appeased with an opponent that decided to show up. And show up he did, Urizen, no stranger to the league tried out a few things this week where he lacked in the past, mainly rhyme scheme and flow although it seems that his new found attempt left his verse struggling more than actually benefiting the piece. While his writing entailed imagery and emotion that could have really grasped the reader, the run-on nature of his flow confused the bejesus out of some people and took away from his actual writing. Sacrifice on the other hand made quick work of his opponent as he took a more poetic approach to the madness of a man pushed to the brink by love and confusion. From what I got out of the verse is that the main character ended up raping and then murdering a woman he believes he loved very deeply. Personally I think the poetic approach with a lack of detail preserved this piece for Sac from becoming a run of the mill story about the same old subject matter. Now Sacrifice looks to meet TheReturn again, hoping to avenge what happened the last time the two “tangoed”.

5. Vada (2-0) vs. 6. LokStok (4-1)

Clearly inspired by the great selection of topics this week Vada was seen as one of the first people posting a verse this week as well. In fact, most people will agree that Vada dropped THE verse of the week right off the bat blending a superb level of mechanics, scheme, flow, imagery and creativity into his very own fairy tale that played off a lot of science fiction and a cave of destiny. Essentially questioning the predicted destiny of Vada to make quick work of the league and champ it. One thing it left me questioning is who is Vada. Some say Vern although Vern denies it. Some say Tali although Tali says he has nothing to do with the league. What’s interesting though is WW3 was last seen saying that we’d be surprised as to what he’s been up to writing wise and Tha Talent was seen not to long ago over on PR dropping some fire with a style not much different than the one Vada is currently running with. Whoever he is, his verse shook LokStok right out of his boots as Lok realized that no matter what he brought to the table he wasn’t going to be able to beat the verse put forward by Vada. Instead he wrote a verse for his own enjoyment about his devotion to his local soccer club that lead to the beating of a man inspired by a movie about soccer hooligans. While the verse was amusing it really lacked any strong points of writing and would have been better used as an open mic. What could have been the battle of the week was left with the disappointment of Lok choosing not to step up to the plate. Regardless of which Vada vs Got Life? Part 2 promises to not disappoint the same way that this match did.

7. Got Life? (5-2) vs. 8. Trybz (3-3)

Some people had joked around with me that Trybz is really someone’s alias that is being used to fuck around, post bullshit verses, but at the same time vote for someone in the league that someone wants votes to come in for. While I always laughed it off, this week brings me to question who the hell either ghost wrote for Trybz or who the hell is Trybz and where did he come from. Certainly the writer that stepped up to the plate against me this week was no stranger to strong mechanics, good use of multies, and most importantly building it all around a story that actually held people’s interest. Trybz verse centered around how fucked up everything is with the politics involved around war and the disregard of the treaty signed at the Geneva convention as he depicted a platoon in Vietnam raiding a village, raping, pillaging, and slaughtering. Certainly gripping enough that when it was pitted against my verse this week we produced what many believe to be the battle of the week. My verse was inspired by my own mild insanity and a picture of a bum lying there on the street. A bum for whom the many character feels pity and tries to help him only to later find out the bum is his own morbid and twisted father who exacts revenge for his wife’s suicide, for which he blames his son, by killing his son. Voters were back and forth over this bout that proved to be much more serious than anyone ever expected it to be from the start although some comic relief was provided by TekNeeK who decided to vote on the battle based on what verse he could see Nas spitting. Whichever the case, trybz disappears after losing to someone that goes to a public college and I advance towards a rematch with whoeverthefuck Vada is.

9. Alias2 (1-0) vs. 10. 3 - Planes (1-0)

While this match could have been more entertaining than it actually was Alias2 pulled a JerseyEmcee and posted an “I’m Drunk” and so I just wrote something, although his writing didn’t show signs of being drunk as he wrote a rather poetic piece. Truth be told I know I would never be able to sit down and write for the RSTL, nor would I care to if I was drunk and I think the excuse is just a lot of bullshit for not being able to put something solid forward. Whichever the case 3planes wrote a verse that had some shining parts, yet at the same time had some parts that left readers disappointed and sometimes unimpressed. Indeed it’s strange to see that the most consistent pattern surrounding his past week was disappointment although so many people actually showed up and made a go of it.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

11. Eye-Rime (4-1) vs. 12. Mound 10 (1-0)

This was another one of those battles that didn’t get as much shine as it may have deserved last week. Q wrote a poem, or some poetry about an apple? While at first glance it seems like he’s really becoming more and more of a homosexual with each breath he takes, but the verse was actually somewhat interesting and definitely a new approach to the subject. Mound on the other hand wrote some abstract creative stuff that focused more towards spoken word and topical elements. I haven’t checked back in to see who ended up winning this match, but it was a well fought battle regardless.

13. DaAlmightDolla (5-2) vs. 14. Furl (2-1)

Furl continued to no-show in fashion and DAD wrote a verse that only DAD read. Granted while other people did in fact read what he put together, the biggest conflict seen here though was the internal conflict between DAD and DAD, or at least that’s what he’d like to have us believing.

15. S. Issue (1-2) vs. 16. Unavailable (1-2)

Speaking of disappointment, S.I.’s return was marked with readers disappointed that he didn’t put forward a verse that really moved anyone. While the verse had enough put forward to suffice a victory over the confused and struggling Unavailable, it did not captivate anyone. At the same time you have to wonder, if you were facing unavailable, what in the hell would ever tempt you to really put your all out there and write the verse of your life?

17. RICO (0-2) vs. 18. Howard Winter.. (0-0)

As predicted by Pent uP, or anyone else that has ever seen Howard Winter sign into the RSTL, HW no-showed allowing RICO to rebound with a nice and easy win moving him back towards his all time .500 record which people are now starting to understand how he accumulated it.

19. Dic Gets Gully (0-0) vs. 20. rocket (0-0)

While readers had mixed views about who really ran away with this battle one thing is certain, it was lack luster. Dic by no means put forward the kind of writing people have come to expect from him, certainly not the effort of someone who champed the league 8 times and won 3 tournaments. Rocket plagued by things going on in his life wrote a song that seemed rather emotionally charged on his end. I think that was the only thing that really carried him any weight in this battle, other then Dic disappointing readers because truth be told, if anyone ever played that song for you or spit it for you, by the second time you heard the hook you’d tune them out or beg for them to stop. Dic’s verse of events encountered on the subway and then the job interview following was just boring though. The subject matter might have been somewhat slightly interesting to someone who likes watching videos about how to conduct yourself in a job interview, but for me it made me hit the snooze button utterly bored by the subject.

21. Lord Drama (0-0) vs. 22. Strike2 (0-0)

So here you have a match-up of two former Champs, both coming back to the league seemingly with some kind of desire to write and they both tie under the bearings of mediocrity. Essentially this match really summed up the disappointment of last week, where 10 battles went down, this one receiving somewhere in the ball park of just 4 votes because both verses were really a drag to read and a drag to decide what you found less boring. Was it LDogg’s topical views or was it the piece from Strike that started somewhere towards the later half of the middle of a piece and contrived to some mediocre ending that lacked any actual introduction to the piece. This battle truly left me bored and dissatisfied.

23. TeKneeK (0-0) vs. 24. Harris Pilton (0-0) vs. 25. EfGEEsus (0-0)

I guess you can call this the biggest shock to the world ever seen. If rumors are true then Harris Pilton and EfGEEsus are both Baron Mynd, in such a case if you told someone Baron Mynd vs Baron Mynd vs TeKneeK would produce a W for Tek, they’d tell you that you’re a lying asshole and a piece of shit. Yet if the rumors are true, this really went down. Granted both of Tek’s opponents just dropped 16’s and Tek disregarded their desire to go 16 lines and posted some long drawn out boring bullshit that no one should ever have bothered to read, but yea. That was that. Somehow Tek manages to notch another W on his belt although he’ll take them however he can get them being that he’s long past his prime when it comes to anything related to writing.
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | THE FIVE FAN FAVORITES
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

Five: Trybz

Four: Got Life?

Three: Mound 10

Two: SacriFICE

One: Vada
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | Q’S TOP THREE VERSES OF THE WEEK
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

Three: 3-Planes

Mechanically, you may have fallen short in the eyes of the voters; but I thought that the writer’s voice and mechanics were all relevant to the actual theme of the script. With that said, I thought you did a phenomenal job of writing in correlation with the emotion of the story which promoted profound imagery and allowed the reader to relate to the story while reading it. This is exactly what held my interest and made for a great read in my book. Outstanding verse compared to others, wherein you were never afraid to write for you and not for the expectations of your readers. Your style shined through and delivered a powerful and somewhat underrated piece of work, placing you in my top three verses of week eight.

Two: Got Life?

Wow, as I said in my vote, I was thoroughly impressed by your showing this past week. But what is more impressive was your ability to out write outstanding competition. This was by far the most anticipated and sought out battle of the week, and you did not disappoint. Your writer’s voice throughout the script was excellent, as was the imagery and emotion. Your flow was also notable, being that you opted for a multi-syllabic rhythmic pattern as opposed to your usual bland and somewhat lackluster rhyme scheme. Although it was not perfect, it did help guide the reader through the verse, in which ended perfectly for my tastes, delivering exactly what the reader needed. T’was a job well done, ranking you in at number two of my top three picks of the week.

One: Vada

You probably offered more to your readers than any other participant of week eight, providing an outstanding flow accompanied by great imagery and descriptions along with a perplexing and yet complete plot. The character development was present, the emotion was present, and the creativeness of the concept was groundbreaking and excellently executed. Easily my most enjoyable read of the week and here is credit where credit is due; putting you at the top of my top three verses of week eight. Great job and I look forward to reading you in the Champ match.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | BEAUTY OF THE WEEK

Kim Kardashian (Samples from PlayBoy Photo Shoot)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | THE COVER STORY

Aliases…

How do you feel about them? What defines an alias? Is there a place for aliases in this league? …On this website?

There are a lot of questions in which revolve around aliases. Maybe one of the main is what actually defines an alias. It is true that there are acceptable aliases, and then there are those that are frowned upon.

I am home to over 20 aliases easily. I have been registered with this site since the year two thousand, and since then I have made an aliases for every self proclaimed cool name that comes to mind [with the next being Rhombus]. However what is different about myself and those that are frowned upon is that I have never hidden behind an alias, not once. There have been times where it may have not been blatantly obvious, such as my most recent stint in the RBL under Zarbon, in which I was attempting to prove a point to the veterans that newbies now run the league. But when someone assumed that Zarbon equaled Quriosity, I never once denied it. This is an example of an alias by definition.

However there are some that tend to hide behind their aliases, proclaiming either one of three scenarios: that they are not an alias, or that they do not remember their other name, or that they are someone great [a legend so to speak] but do not wish to tell.

Either case, they are all cowards in my book. There is no reason to hide behind an alias other than insecurity; plain and simple.

As of now, the most popular aliases would be that of Nah Son and Vada, both of which have remained unknown for weeks now. Nah Son claimed to be archived at UP, while Vada has never claimed to be anyone that I am aware of although his signature makes claims to being a Battle Legend.

Is it okay to be an alias? Is there a reason to be an alias?

Quite simply, no. I mean, of course there are reasons, or excuses rather, for anything. But there is no legitimate reason of being an alias other than wanting to remain hidden. Most likely aliases are biters or people attempting to rebuild their net careers. In other cases it is just harmless fun.

Sometimes an alias can actually be a legend, wherein they may register an alias to minimize the bias and dickriding which they are accustomed to. They may just want to prove to themselves and others that they are worthy of their fame and clout. But this is rarely the case.

It is inevitable for all website to house aliases. This epidemic will never end. However, we here at the RSTL [being Jook and myself] would like to minimize aliases within this league. The RSTL is a place for respectable writers to come and showcase their creative art forms. This is not a place for biters, cowards, and faggots. We will not tolerate aliases and will try our best to rid the league of them.

In some cases, again, it may be overlooked. But in order to become a member of this league, you must prove to be a consistent and dedicated poster on any given name on any given site. We will no longer allow people with seven posts to sign in and corrupt our league. You MUST prove to be a true and tried poster, or else.

With that said, what are your views and opinions on aliases? I’m sure we’ve all had an alias of some sort at some point in time. Share your stories. And how do you feel about aliases in general, and the actions being taken to rid this league of their kind.

Over and out-
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK
    Based On Completed Matches

BEST OVERALL VERSE
    Vada

RUNNER UP
    Got Life?

WACKEST OVERALL VERSE
    Unavailable

MOST OUSTANDING OVERALL VERSE
    Trybz

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A PICTURE
    Got Life?

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A TOPIC
    Vada

MOST CONTROVERSIAL VERSE
    TeKneeK

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Vada
    SacriFICE

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Got Life? vs. Trybz

RUNNERS UP
    Dic Gets Gully vs. rocket
    Eye-Rime vs. Mound 10

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Nah Son
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | THE OFFICIAL RANKINGS

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (5-0) vs. 2. SacriFICE (5-1)

Contership Match: 3. vada (3-0) vs. 5.Got Life (6-2)

5. 3-Planes (2-0) vs. 6. Mound 10 (2-0)

7. Eye-Rime (5-1) vs. 8. DaAlmightyDolla (6-2)

9. S. Issue (2-2) vs. 10. RICO (1-2)

11. Dic Gets Gully (1-0) vs. 12. Lord Drama (1-0)

13. Strike2 (1-0) vs. 14. TeKneeK (1-0)

15. MrMister (2-1) vs. 16. LokStok (4-2)

17. Alias2 (1-1) vs. 18. Unavailable (1-3)

19. rocket (0-1) vs. 20. EfGEEsus (0-0)

21. Th3 Prez (0-0) vs. 22. iLLweezy (0-0)

23. Ratiko Malodic (0-0) 24. Pious (0-0)

25. Chrit (0-0) vs. 26. Gundam (0-0)

27. Bonnie Bathory (0-0) vs. 28. J o o k (0-0)
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | Q’S PREDICTIONS

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (5-0) vs. 2. SacriFICE (5-1)
    SacriFICE -1

A seemingly even matched bout and what could be a great Championship match up. Both are proven writers and both, I believe, have held the title in past victories. But my gut tells me that SacriFICE will pull away with the win, because he is hungry and has been itching for a real match up since the league reopened. Also because TheReturn will most likely post early, leaving it wide open for FICE to come in and still his glory. I’ve got FICE taking this by at least a vote.

Contership Match: 3. vada (3-0) vs. 5.Got Life (6-2)
    Vada -2

Vada is a fan favorite, with Got Life? being the exact opposite. I honestly feel that this will be the first real classic that this league has seen in a long time, and I also believe it will be much closer than some may predict. GL definitely has the capacity to out write Vada, and vice versa, but I will go out on a limb and say Vada by at least 2 votes, with GL being unmotivated.

5. 3-Planes (2-0) vs. 6. Mound 10 (2-0)
    3-Planes -2

Hmmm, I personally think that Mound 10 is overrated as is, and has yet to truly impress me [but I have not read his verse from last week]. However he always lingers around that line between good and outstanding, but as of yet he has only proven to compose good ideas. 3-Planes, on the other hand, has been a pleasure to read this past week, stamping himself as a contender. I expect 3-Planes to actually sit down and write, taking this by at least 2 votes, while Mound 10 will post at the last minute and give him a run for his money.

7. Eye-Rime (5-1) vs. 8. DaAlmightyDolla (6-2)
    Even

Both are solid writers constantly improving. This will be anybody’s ballgame, and will be determined by who delivers the better story.

9. S. Issue (2-2) vs. 10. RICO (1-2)
    S. Issue -2

RICO is a bit unknown to me, and I haven’t had the chance of reading him as of late, while S. Issue has been hungry to prove himself. I predict S. Issue will take the time to write this week, impressing his voters and snatching the W by at least 2 votes.

11. Dic Gets Gully (1-0) vs. 12. Lord Drama (1-0)
    Dic -1

Good match up, and evenly spread as well. Hopefully both will write fresh verses [Dic was accused of recycling this past week] and make this one to remember. I’ve got Dic Gets Gully by at least a vote.

13. Strike2 (1-0) vs. 14. TeKneeK (1-0)
    Even

Both were good last week, and both will continue to be good this week. Honestly, whoever has the most time to write will win this one, but TeKneeK has claimed that he will get better as his competition gets better and that he is better than everyone. Therefore, I’ll have to go with TeK on this one assuming that he is a man of his word. But this will be a good one to read, and a close one as well.

15. MrMister (2-1) vs. 16. LokStok (4-2)
    Lok -3

Hmmm, Lok is off and on as of lately, while last week MrMister was just off. Hopefully both will step their game up, but if Lok is motivated I’ve got him taking this one quite easily as I weigh him as the better writer at the moment.

17. Alias2 (1-1) vs. 18. Unavailable (1-3)
    Alias2 -5

Easy win. Hopefully Alias2 will actually compose a verse. Un may surprise and write the verse of his life [or net career], however it is highly doubtful. I’ve got Alias2 taking this in a landslide, assuming that he actually writes a verse.

19. rocket (0-1) vs. 20. EfGEEsus (0-0)
    Rocket -4

Rocket posted a pretty nice verse last week, while EfGEEsus was barely decent, bitching about voting links and also accused of letting Baron ghostwrite for him. I doubt that was a Baron verse, however he may need his services if he wishes to stand a chance in this league. Rocket in an easy match up.

21. Th3 Prez (0-0) vs. 22. iLLweezy (0-0)
    iLLweezy -2

Don’t know the prez’ work, and weezy is probably rusty. But he claims to be the prince of the RSTL, so I’ll go with that and say iLLweezy wins this one in a fairly close match against an alias who probably isn’t that great of a writer.

23. Ratiko Malodic (0-0) 24. Pious (0-0)
    Ratiko Malodic -3

I’ve peeped pious in the open mic forum if I’m not mistaken, and he has a ways to go. Ratiko may or may not be rusty, but I still see him winning this one effortlessly by at least 3 votes.

25. Chrit (0-0) vs. 26. Gundam (0-0)
    Even

I don’t know either, and both are probably cowards hiding behind aliases. With that said, who cares which faggot wins? But I’ll go with Gundam for having the better alias and being the most likely to actually post a verse.

27. Bonnie Bathory (0-0) vs. 28. J o o k (0-0)
    Jook -5

Jook’s verse will be the most anticipated verse since the leagues return. I have never read a Bonnie verse, but I probably will this week because I intend to vote on this one. But I’ll got with Jook for most likely being the better writer and definitely being the fan favorite.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | Q’S TOP THREE COMPETITORS FOR WEEK SIX

Three: Got Life?, mainly because he is of the most consistent writers ever. He is consistent in his participation as well as his level of skill. Last week he stepped it up a notch, and this week I look for him to take it even further, battling it out with the likes of Vada. His has rightfully dubbed his opponent “the unknown beast” and will fight for his spot in reclaiming his title. I expect Got Life? to post a groundbreaking script with and equally great display of story telling skills, in what looks to be the first real classic match up that this league has seen since the rebirth.

Two: Vada, again because he is on a roll and only seems to be picking up steam. What is most notable is his ability to adapt and improve in areas where he has lacked previously. Never perfect, but always lurking around it, I expect him to fix last week’s flaws and post his best story yet. Hopefully his mind can spit out another excellent plot, but if not, this should still be a classic match up between too good story tellers and hopefully too great stories.

One: SacriFICE, because last week he went somewhat unnoticed being that his opponent was a failure in talent. This week he is in the Championship match against an opponent who is sure to show. FICE will likely write his ass off, posting another mechanically great piece. If he can compose an equally great story, I predict him to take this match with ease. But it will be a tough one, so good luck to both competitors.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XV | J O O K’S CORNER

The Intro:

The RSTL has 30 participants and still growing. Will we reach 50 by years end? I think so. Shouts to Q for staying consistant, I think that's the key to a successful league; consistant mods. Shouts to all you regulars who keep talking shit and showing up, because that combo is what makes this league great.

Interview with Nah Son (short and sweet)

J o o k: What happened?

Nah Son: i had shit going on and didnt feel like writing nigga

J o o k: You disappointed a lot of people, how do you feel knowing dudes was really looking forward to your drop?

Nah Son: its my bad .. •••••• is really scrunched face cuz i didnt drop

J o o k: How you feel about them calling it a bitch move and probably losing respect for you?

Nah Son: •••••• dont understand .. i got real life problems .. i been on this net shit for years .. fuck their respect if i cant even go to my board and clown •••••• from the rstl, cuz id get clowned for being in the shit the first place

Nah Son: sonz dont realize this shit is for fun i dont get paid for this shit .. them •••••• dont feed me when im hungry .... i can care less

J o o k: Word.

Nah Son: but to those who understood that a nigga has bills and obligations and shit and in a fucked up situation, to where a fuckin text verse is the last thing on my mind ... much respect

J o o k: So you're still on alias, but it looks as if people may know who you are, how do you feel?

Nah Son: itll be what it be i dont have shit to hide i am me .. aliases shouldnt even matter .... if a name is writing their ass off who gives a fuck who they are.... •••••• is still voting for names in this league, thats why it matters to them..

J o o k: Slow down fam, how you a thug and you type 95 words per minute. SMFH.

Nah Son: roflmaoo

J o o k: You got beef with Got Life?

Nah Son: beef? not at all .. beef is real on the streets nigga... this is the net... this is the same name that bit the fuck out of all my peoples, telling me im bitch.. i had to chuckle at that shit... nigga said he was just showcasin.. roflmao gave no credit to nobody .... didnt even know em... takin they shit..

Nah Son: but he showcasin ... horrible son fucking horrible

J o o k: What about the beef with Headless?

Nah Son: headless is the kid at school everyone picks on.. its funny he gets sonned damn near weekly then comes over here and act like nothin happened roflmao funny faced nigga

Nah Son: i gotsa get gone though nigga hit me on the pm... adi

J o o k: 1 son.

Trybz vs. Got Life?

This was the battle of the fucking week. I could not believe the show they put on. I honestly thought Trybz would be blown out, but he proved me wrong as I am sure he did a lot of other people. Got Life? came dope as well. I remember peeping the verse in IM's and telling him that he would demolish Trybz no doubt. Things took a turn though when Trybz dropped. I mean the kid really came with an imagery plagued verse that was pretty up to par with the top competitors in the league. At the end of the day, Got Life? prevailed with 1 vote over Trybz in what was a hard fought battle. So I found myself about to vote on the battle, but I left it alone, because it would have turned into a tie. That's right I would have picked Trybz by a hair!! Outstanding job fellas. Got Life? goes on to the contender match where he will face vada.

Attention Aliases

You will not get into our league with a name that has a shitty number of post unless you are known, or can prove to us you have existed before this league. We will not turn into a league full of people voting for themselves.

Mound 10 vs. Q

Ended up in a tie. But was it really a tie? Some people voted non hesitantly for Q as some did the same with Mound. So who do I think won? Well this is another Trybz vs. Got Life? battle. Both competitors came outstanding. Just outstanding in different places. Q brought the mechanics and story line, while Mound hit us with that off the wall creativity and mind capturing essence he did the previous week. At the end of the day who really had the better verse? Well in my opinion I would have went with Mound by a hair. It was just more entertaining. But I do have a short attention span so maybe it wasn't such a good thing lol.

My top two picks for verses of the week

I will pick two verses every week, to be J o o k's pick of the week; and also runner up. This is just to give more light to writers, on top of what Q picks. Some weeks we may have the same people, some weeks we may not. With that said.

J o o k's Verse of the week: Vada

Runner up: Trybz

In conclusion:

Shouts again to all of you guys for putting in work. We appreciate your activity, and you shit talk. Be who you are and don't back down to anyone on any level. This is J o o k signing out.

Love and happiness.

XOXOXO
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV | CONCLUSION

What a way to celebrate our two month mark. Last week was a great success with only two incomplete battles [correct me if I am wrong] and a plethora of great match ups. Hopefully this week will surpass its predecessor, becoming historically our best week ever. Good luck to all of the participants. A ton of great matches have been constructed, thanks to our number one moderator, J to the O O K.

Thank you all for sticking with us and wish me well on my cruise to Mexico, which I will be leaving for this Wednesday.

Sorry Bonnie for the beauty of the week, but this has been a sausage party for the past eight weeks, and I thought I would give them something to stimulate their minds. But now that a female has joined, I guess I should rethink that section.

Adios amigos!

Xoxo - [in the words of mister gully himself]
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good shit...i sent you breakdowns already...

thoroughly enjoyed the mag...

looking forward to going head to head /w vada now that we're both on point...
    test
  17. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

cool cool ..

as for aliases .. well .. I'm technically under an 'alias' .. but I really have no idea what my old passwords are .. along with not having those email addresses anymore .. or I'd be posting on my Lucifa account right now ..

can't say I'm a big fan of how yourself and baron use aliases .. but that's on you guys .. I trust you aren't 'abusing' the accounts to cast shady votes etc. ..

^ the ones that do that though .. [fu]
    test
  18. Alias2

Alias2 rumbrave.

what alias'
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

i used an alias once to prove a point, that people generally hate vote against me...after 3 weeks of that non sense I came back out as Got Life? because I had a seriously hard time taming my personality...
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

if i had an alias 4 all the voices in my head this league would have a militia
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.