The RSTL Tribune #2 [Week Six] (Halloween Edition)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. The Sweet Pea Award
    III. The I Need A T-Pain Feature Award
    IV. Who Is Nah Son?
    V. Q’s Championship Review
    VI. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    VII. The Five Fan Favorites
    VIII. Q’s Top 3 Verses
    IX. Beauty of the Week
    X. The Cover Story
    XI. Headliners
    XII. The Official Rankings
    XIII. Q’s Predictions
    XIV. Q’s Top 5 Competitors
    XV. J o o k's Corner
    XVI. Conclusion

FEATURES

The Sweet Pea Award | II
    Since the recent return of the league, and possibly throughout its collective entire existence, there has been a man that has hated many and has been hated by many. But, the self proclaimed Mr. Personality is opening his heart to the RSTL.

The I Need A T-Pain Feature Award | III
    Probably the most underrated/overrated participant the league has to offer. He is a good writer that is overlooked, partly because of his abstract ideas and unwillingness to conform to the voter’s opinions. But as we all know, T-Pain can make anything sell.

Who Is Nah Son? | IV
    I have not the time to investigate as to the origin of this poster’s existence. Therefore, I will give you, the league, a moment to further investigate and possibly discover just who is this Nah Son character who claims to be a legend to topical writing/story telling.

The Cover Story | X
    Bitching in the league –Where do we draw the line between a legitimate complaint and a bitch? Also, the problem with hate voting will be discussed. Is there evidence to hate voting in the league today? And how do we determine the difference between hate voting and honest voting?

I | INTRODUCTION

First and foremost, I would like to say Happy Halloween to you all.

And, I would like to wish Baron Mynd a Happy Birthday on behalf of the RSTL staff.

If you haven’t yet read the announcement in the Lounge thread, the due date has been extended to FRIDAY this week only, being that Halloween is this Wednesday. But again, the moderators urge you to post your verses early as opposed to waiting until Friday and possibly no showing. Nobody wants to spend their Friday writing a verse for an online text league, and nobody should have to. We have simply allowed this extension as a safety net, but we expect you all to show and show on time. Because of this league wide extension, it is highly doubted that any other form of an extension will be granted.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | THE SWEET PEA AWARD

Though some may not agree, and even I admit that manhood is a reach, but at this time I would like to honor our most hated participant, Got Life?, the self proclaimed Mr. Personality. Of course he is obnoxious in his posting habits and sure he has a list of reasons to accommodate each and every one of his losses. Yes it is true that he flaunts his online achievements in his signature and yes he is rightfully a 2X Champion of the league. But above all other notable qualities, Got Life? is a hater, and for no particular reason. I am sure that he has hated on each and every one of you at some point in time, and I am equally sure that he has protested his ability to beat each and every one of you at any given time. So when someone, like Got Life?, is seen congratulating others and conversing with people in which he feels possess no talent, it does not go unnoticed. This week, I would like to present to Got Life? “The Sweet Pea Award” for overlooking his ego for just a split second and actually acknowledging the talent and potential of those around him. And at the same time I would also like to encourage him to lose the soft heart and remain the asshole that he is, because Mr. Personality is a big asset to the activity of this league.

[​IMG]
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | THE I NEED A T-PAIN FEATURE AWARD

Although some may think I’m hating, but I’m actually acknowledging his creative mind. Probably the most creative writer in the league today, he is also arguably the most overrated/underrated writer, depending on who is doing the rating. Does his creativity overpower his verses? Yes, but all for the better. In my honest opinion, he isn’t the best when it comes to mechanics or flow. But he knows how to think of a refreshing plot, and rightfully he fuels his strongest asset. Maybe he isn’t the best writer, but he is a contender and has the potential to be anyone at any given time. This week, I have awarded DaAlmightyDolla with the I Need A T-Pain Feature Award. By that, I mean that some think he’s nice and some think he’s wack, and when the going gets tough, emcees call T-Pain. T-Pain is also probably the most undeserving and wackest “rapper turnt sanga” in the business, but he sells records, and more importantly he helps others sell records. Long story short, people won’t appreciate DAD for what he is until T-Pain drops a beat and a hook and then he’s double platinum.

Again, I’m not hating, but simply stating the facts. I give props to DAD for raising the bar for creativity and refusing to conform to standards. He is defiantly a writer that stands out from the rest and this is noticed. Good luck to you this week.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IV | WHO IS NAH SON?

Labeled by some as a biter, a secret alias who is stealing verses from UPN and passing them off as his own, and labeled by others as just that, an alias, who is also suspected of recycling and flipping old verses that have been/he has posted at UPN previously. Either end of the stick, the fact still remains that Nah Son is now undefeated with three wins defeating Resolute God (aka Baron Mynd), Headless Verseman, and Anaphora and is currently a challenger for the belt.

And yet the question still stands, who is Nah Son? Being that I am in school full time, work full time, married, and expecting a child, I do not possess the time to investigate nor care to investigate as to who he really is. A coward is a coward, it is what it is. But since I have been recently asked to look into it, I will allow you, the league, to investigate further and possibly unfold the mystery. Is he an imposter? Or is he simply a coward? You be the judge.

The only clues that we have is the fact that he proclaims to be archived at UPN. Which leaves his true identity narrowed down to this list:

Username
    Bobby D
    YOUNG1MOE
    Sime
    Edward Lake
    The Rose
    Rikoshay (with SMO members)
    Storm G
    SCISmatters
    Note
    Tha Joker IM
    Balthowsai
    King~D the Arch-Villain
    Cimmerian
    Prox
    Shadows of Darkness
    Himself
    E2
    Trap
    Aloe Vera
    AlwaysLess
    Rygar
    Idol Eyes
    MixedPhyt
    Scavenger
    Fracture
    DeViouS
    Rogue Stranger
    Abnorm
    T2
    Soulstice
    Dregs
    Adonis

As I have already said, I could care less who he is, but others have asked me to investigate and since I lack the time and interest, I’ll let you play the sleuth. UPN archives can be found at UPN. Otherwise, if you are familiar with writers across the net, then I have posted the list of those archived at UPN. So who do you think he is, or is not? Do you care? Do you think he’s just a coward? Or is there good reason to hide behind an alias and still make such claims? The stage is set, now I’ll leave it to you to throw the fruit.

[​IMG]
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

V | Q’S CHAMPIONSHIP REVIEW

This was quite possibly the worst Championship match since the league’s re-birth. Vern Acular was crowned as our first RSTL Champion, followed by Got Life? who fell to Eye-Rime, our current and third Champion of the newly restored league.

But much was expected from Got Life? and Eye-Rime this past week, and little was given. Both lacked the time, but neither lacked the interest regardless of their rebuttals. Eye-Rime also had another championship match to write for (the RBL) in which he also won due to a no show as Mike Sullivan proclaimed to “quit text all together”. Nevertheless, he still had written that verse, as well as two verses for the RSTL championship match, plus he had to study for two tests and write two essays, as well as studying for another test and writing another essay due this week. Got Life?, on the other hand, simply stated that he lacked the interest after reading Eye-Rime’s verse before hand, and had a better idea but ended up writing what he felt as he laid in the bed with a “bitch”. Nevertheless, both parties were neither a disappointment nor an impressive feat as both posted lackluster verses.

Eye-Rime’s verse was arguably the best flow of last week; however it was also over done, as was his story. Although somewhat creative, it was too fantastical and far fetched for most to grasp the emotion and left the readers wishing he had re-wrote it. Potentially, it was still a great verse.

Got Life?’s verse was arguably the best to utilize a picture, and at the same time, was an uncreative approach with a usual simple flow that is easy to follow. Voters complained that it was an overused concept and an uninteresting interpretation of his life. Nevertheless, it was still a solid verse.

Early on, the voters looked to be in Got Life’s corner; however, he failed to defend his title, falling short at a score of 5 to 2 in favor of Eye-Rime. Honestly, this battle was overshadowed by many other great match ups last week, including but not limited to Mound 10 vs. S. Issue, Vada vs. RICO, and Nah Son vs. Anaphora, all of which proved to be more enjoyable.

Hopefully, this week’s champ match will be a classic from both parties. Good luck to both Eye-Rime (the champion) and Nah Son (the challenger).

[​IMG]
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | GOT LIFE’S BREAKDOWNS
    So, I have to say that secretely I think you fuckers are spiteful. The moment I start writing the breakdowns all you fuckers start showing up. Oh well keep it up. Shout outs to headless for being to cool for school though. I guess you don't have time to write in between Klan meetings. Toodles.

19. Noggah (0-0) vs. 20. MrMister (0-0)

Mr.Mister showed up and had a creative verse, one that no one read, no one payed attention to because supertard Noggah decided to no-show.

17. RICO (0-0) vs. 18. Vada (0-0)

This battle wasn't as one sided as the votes make it out to be. Granted RICO told a story that essentially seemed like the same plain overdone story about love and relationships, but his characters were real and the emotion genuine. Vada on the other hand came with a more complex verse drawing out an interesting and elaborate story. At the end of the day the mechanics and creativity took it for Vada and pushed him past RICO.

15. S. Issue (1-1) vs. 16. Mound 10 (0-0)

This was another battle that I very much enjoyed. S.Issue continued to brush off some dust and bring some interesting depictions to the table, which were met by a poetic and creative approach by mound, not just in his storytelling, but in his structure as well. An approach used by several writers in the league this week.

13. R3DRUM (1-0) vs. 14. Unavailable (1-0)

This was disappointing. Unavailable continued to prove that he's an absolute joke and has fallen the fuck off the face of the planet as far as his writing goes, he get demolished by R3D who honestly seemed like he didn't even try this week as he matched Unavailable in bars, but blew him out of the water in everything else.

11. Robin Banks! (1-0) vs. 12. headless verseman (3-2)

Baron won before verses were even due because headless was busy pointing out that Q is a racist and proclaiming he's to busy for the league. Thanks buddy, your presence as always is appreciated, makes people realize I'm not the most ignorant asshole on the planet.

9. Trybz (2-2) vs 10. Furl (1-0)

This was a fucking joke right? How Trybz has ever won 2 battles is fucking hysterical. Anyway, furl made quick work of a whack verse by Trybz and blew him the fuck out of the water with some mediocre writing.

7. DaAlmightyDolla (4-1) vs. 8.SacriFICE (2-1)

Someone get me the mushrooms that DAD has been eating because that motherfucker wrote about a love triangle between the planets in an almost cheesy way, but it was enough to tie a lackluster verse from Sac where Sac continued to preach at the voters as opposed to actually giving people content they could relate to.

5. TheReturn (2-0) vs. 6. LokStok (3-0)

So I'm going to catch flack for this, but Lok wrote some utter garbage where he tried to take a cheap shot at me. He got a giggle out of Baron, probably became Pent uP's best friend, but also became the moron of the week as he lost before most people even took a look at the topics for the week. Return's verse was simply put, a solid verse that actually had content as opposed to Lok's verse that essentially sums up his 9 year text career of battling online. WOW...mind boggling stuff right there.

3. Nah Son (2-0) vs. 4. Anaphora (2-0)

This battle was disappointing. Simply put Nah Son walked away with the win because Anaphora just didn't give a fuck and dropped some poetry that while it was great, doesn't seem to be attracting many votes in the league these days. Nah Son ends up advancing rather easily onto the champ match.

1. Got Life? (4-1) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (3-0)

This was probably the most disappointing match of the week. As the fire died down Q ended up posting the worse of the 2 verses he wrote this week as he over thought what the voters were going to do. I on the other hand totally acted like a homo and waited to the very last minute dicking around and didn't put any effort into defending the title. Now it's going to get passed around like a two bit whore because the current champ likes to force multies more than that catholic church likes to force little boys to play with themselves.

Anyway, an interesting week. A lot of people showed up. A lot of people didn't vote cause they're scum bags and at the end of the day the league moves on.
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | THE FIVE FAN FAVORITES
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

Five: Eye-Rime

Four: S. Issue

Three: Nah Son

Two: Mound 10

One: Vada
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | Q’S TOP THREE VERSES OF THE WEEK
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

Three: Vada

I must admit that I didn’t experience the wow reaction that other’s seemed to. But nevertheless, it was a solid verse. The story was carried, and sometimes overshadowed, by the smooth and precise flow. Neither the imagery nor emotion was exceptional, but all added to the overall impact of the story. The story in itself was rather boring to me, especially accompanied by an overpowering flow. I sympathize with this drop, because I have somewhat the same problems, but needless to say, they are problems all the same. Overall, mechanically you were near perfect and you still deserve your due recognition.

Two: Mound 10

I think it’s fair to say that you were a pleasant surprise to all of us this week. Even though I voted against you, and I still believe S. Issue delivered the better story being that yours felt incomplete and irrelevant as it ended, I have to give credit where credit is due. It was a very enjoyable read and probably the most refreshing verse in the past six weeks. The plot was creative but at the same time it wasn’t over the top which made for a solid script. The imagery and emotion was strong and sometimes it felt as if we were all in the same room. You delivered a solid piece accommodated by a captivating writer’s voice. But the end was abrupt and ruined the impact in my mind. It just seemed as though you lost interest or couldn’t think of a creative way to end it. Even still, I enjoyed the verse.

One: Nah Son

Not too much that I can say about this one. The story was entertaining. You kept the reader locked in with good descriptions and a script that stayed on point throughout. Also, it was an interesting story as well as believable and realistic. But at the same time, the plot twist was creative and somewhat unpredictable, while remaining natural and realistic. Job well done. The most enjoyable verse to read of week six, in my personal opinion.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | BEAUTY OF THE WEEK
    Victoria Tayler

[​IMG]
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | THE COVER STORY

Confessions of an Internet Vixen
    [​IMG]

How lame can one get? A debatable question, but in order to give the lowest level of ignorance a name, we’ll call it Headless Verseman.

This past week, he has proven to be not only a hater, a sore loser, and a quitter but also a racist. Posting racist pictures and making racial slurs in the Breaking News thread, he has stamped himself as an ignorant person.

Claiming to have left the RSTL, Headless frequented many times, posting worthless bull and picking petty fights with other posters. 99% of his posts have been irrelevant since the league re-started.

I really thought twice about even dedicating an article to this idiot who finds pleasure in using the term “NIGGA” on the internet, when he looks like Uncle Fester and sucks more dick than Superhead. He is historically a silver belt champion of the RBL who never quite measured up to veteran status and therefore clung to the nuts of other respected posters, in an attempt to gain friends and appear cool.

Honestly, I’ve never had a personal problem with Headless, and I refuse to have a personal problem with anyone online. My opinion is strictly tied to the internet.

But it is clear that Headless is immature and inadequate as a man. He claims to not care about the internet or this site or this league. He also claims to not care about losing to who he says is a biter. But in the same breathe, he then dedicates his verse to the fact that he lost to Nah Son. What a faggot.

I expect him to enter this thread and read this magazine, and around the time he comes across this line, he will be thinking of some slick remarks to post about how I’m on his nuts and he doesn’t care and this that and the other. Fortunately I have the power to edit/delete his posts.

Anyone as childish and obnoxious as Headless Verseman does not deserve to post in this league, or this forum.

I actually laughed out loud for possibly the first time ever when I read this verse. But I don’t want to give him too much exposure so I’ll just post this little excerpt. It’s funny how the ones who “don’t take the internet seriously” and “have a real life” are the same ones who actually take it to heart and cry themselves to sleep over a loss.

Grow a backbone and become a man.
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK
    Based On Completed Matches

BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Vada

2ND BEST VERSE OVERALL
    Nah Son and Mound 10

WACKEST VERSE OVERALL
    Unavailable

BEST FEEL GOOD VERSE
    Mound 10

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A PICTURE
    Got Life?

FUNNIEST TWIST TO A VERSE
    Nah Son

MOST CONTROVERSIAL VERSE
    LokStok
    Vada’s comparison to RSTL Great, Vern Acular

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Eye-Rime
    Vern Acular

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    S. Issue vs. Mound 10

SECOND BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    DaAlmightyDolla vs. SacriFICE

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Headless being a racist and a quitter
    The Championship match
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | THE OFFICIAL RANKINGS

[Championship] 1. Eye-Rime (4-0) vs. 2. Nah Son (3-0)

[Contendership] 3. TheReturn (3-0) vs. 4. DaAlmightyDolla (5-1)

5. SacriFICE (3-1) vs. 6. Furl (2-0)

7. R3DRUM (2-0) vs. 8. Robin Banks! (2-0)

9. Mound 10 (1-0) vs. 10. MrMister (1-0)

11. vada (1-0) vs. 12. Got Life? (4-2)

13. LokStok (3-1) vs 14. Unavailable (1-1)

15. Trybz (2-3) vs. 16. Twixn.. (1-3)

17. RICO (0-1) vs. 18. Alias2 (0-0)

19. Infinite Truth (0-0) vs. 20. 3 Planes (0-0)[/font]
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | Q’S PREDICTIONS

[Championship] 1. Eye-Rime (4-0) vs. 2. Nah Son (3-0)
    Even

Assuming that both writers impress the readers, this looks to be the match of the week. Eye-Rime needs tone the flow down and present the story clearer. Nah Son, on the other hand, just needs to write a better story. Both have the potential to win, and I think it will come down to who writes the better story. I predict it will be a close one and will go either way, but for predictions sake I’ll take Nah Son by a vote.

[Contendership] 3. TheReturn (3-0) vs. 4. DaAlmightyDolla (5-1)
    TheReturn -1

This has the potential to be match of the week if the champ match disappoints. But that is if DAD tones down his creative edge a bit and writes a more believable story. This can go either way, but I predict TheReturn to win by at least a vote.

5. SacriFICE (3-1) vs. 6. Furl (2-0)
    SacriFICE -2

Wow, this will hopefully be a good match up. Both have proven to be solid writers. Furl is somewhat underrated in his abilities and hopefully will find time to impress the readers once again, further declaring his spot as a contender. SacriFICE, however, is the more polished of the two and I predict him to pull out the close call by at least two votes.

7. R3DRUM (2-0) vs. 8. Robin Banks! (2-0)
    Robin Banks! -2

Redrum possess the potential to win, but I have to go with my gut and say Baron. I just don’t feel that Redrum is at the same level of writing as his opponent, but I do believe it will be a closer match than some will expect. Nevertheless, Robin Banks! Aka Baron Mynd by at least 2 points.

9. Mound 10 (1-0) vs. 10. MrMister (1-0)
    Mound 10 -2

Mound 10 was impressive last week, and I predict him to be even more now. Look for him to drop the more enjoyable and clear story. However, MrMister Aka Urizen is also a proven writer and will be picking up steam with the second match up since his return. I’m going with Mound 10 by at least 2 votes.

11. vada (1-0) vs. 12. Got Life? (4-2)
    Got Life? -1

Wow. This has the potential to surpass both the contender and championship matches, granted that Got Life? actually tries and admits to his efforts. Vada impressed voters last week and I predict him to do the same this week, however if Got Life? has the better idea, then he will win by at least a vote on account of a clearer and more enjoyable story.

13. LokStok (3-1) vs 14. Unavailable (1-1)
    LokStok -5

Easy win. Unavailable just isn’t at the same level as most of the writers in the league. He has the potential, and even the skill to combat with many, but I predict him to come up short this week. LokStok will roll back off last week’s disappointment and post the better story. Therefore, I predict LokStok in somewhat of a landslide, on account of better story, flow, and mechanics. Hopefully Un will put up a good fight and prove me wrong, making this the sleeper of the week.

15. Trybz (2-3) vs. 16. Twixn.. (1-3)
    Trybz -2

An evenly matched battle. Both have losing records and yet are still pretty good writers when they want to be. Not much else to say, but I think Trybz will have the better story and better verse, pulling in a close win by at least 2 votes.

17. RICO (0-1) vs. 18. Alias2 (0-0)
    Alias2 -1

Hmm, Alias2 was pretty good in the tournament, if my memory serves me correctly. And RICO posted a decent verse last week against Vada. Seeing as how I don’t know much work from either writer, I’ll call this one a toss up, but I predict Alias2 to win rather easily because I seem to remember liking his verses.

19. Infinite Truth (0-0) vs. 20. 3 Planes (0-0)
    Infinite Truth -3

Who knows who 3Planes is? I would call this a landslide, but I’m assuming that 3Planes was invited to join the league, meaning that he is not new to topical writing and probably has some skills. However, Infinite Truth is still a fan favorite of the league and most probably the better writer of the two. Honestly, I hope 3Planes surprises the readers and makes this a great match up, but I still say Infinite Truth by at least 3 votes.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV | Q’S TOP FIVE COMPETITORS FOR WEEK SIX

Five: Infinite Truth, as he looks to shake of the rust, or in other words, prove to the spectators that he isn’t rusty. It looks to be a fairly easy match as he is pitted against 3Planes who probably has a collective post count of 3 votes. Hopefully 3Planes is actually a talented writer and makes this an interesting match up, but assuming that IT has ample time to write a verse, I look forward to an enjoyable read

Four: LokStok, simply because minimal effort was displayed in last week’s verse and he is still a contender for the belt. I expect Lok to write a more interesting verse this week and take the advantage of an easy match against a lower leveled writer. Hopefully I won’t be disappointed twice in a row.

Three: Robin Banks!, because he is a proven contender for the belt and it is his birthday. He insisted that we change the ranks in order to keep him signed in and therefore I have a funny feeling that Baron Mynd is motivated to write this week. Coming off a no show win against Headless Verseman, I’m sure he’s hungry for a real match up and I predict he will drop draws with a solid and creative script.

Two: Eye-Rime, because he is coming off a rather weak match up and looks to prove to the spectators that he does deserve to be champ. This week’s match looks to be a lot better than last week’s, with a motivated opponent who seems to be trying to prove a point. I predict Eye-Rime to deliver and surprise the readers and make this match closer than some may predict.

One: Nah Son mainly because he is an alias who is motivated to win the belt. I think he has something to prove and either he will underestimate his opponent, understand his competition, or over estimate the opposition. Either way, I predict him to deliver a solid story with a good flow and mechanics. I think the winner will be whoever delivers the better story in a clear manner, because both Nah Son and Eye-Rime clearly possess the potential to beat the other.
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XV | J O O K’S CORNER

[​IMG]

The Introduction:

Welcome to J o o k's Corner. This will be home to my own segment in the mag. I will utilize it to discuss problems, shout out up and comming writers, son some bitches (LOL), gripe, complain, be political, interview people, give some insight, tutor, welcome people to the league, basically do what ever I want to do = ]. So with that said this week will be pretty low key due to the fact it's just an intro to the segment. Nonetheless let's get this party started.

Poetry in the league

I would like to discuss my views on the poems being posted in the league this week. I think that poetry is a very good thing, and one of the best tools to utilize when displaying emotion in writing. So does it have a place in our story and topical league? I think it does actually. Let's get into some prime examples. Anaphora posted a poetic piece, whether it's a poem or not is totally up to what he wants to label it. But I personally think it was a poem. A pretty good poem at that. The downfall was practically the length at hand, and the point of the poem. See poetry (in my humble opinion) would do just as well as a story or topical in the league as long as it has purpose. You should write with the same conviction and strive for the same clarity as you would when developing a story/topical.

On the other hand we have Trybz. Now I would just like to shout out Trybz for being a loyal weekly writer to this league and he shows up everytime. SO shouts for that. His writing on the other hand has become the laughter of the league. I mean when people think of taking a week off, they think of battling Trybz. He is a very poetic writer. The funny thing is his rhyme scheme isn't half bad. So Trybz if you're reading this dude, I would like to say develop a plot, and lengthen your verses a little bit. I really do think that you could contend in this league. Bits of potential shine from your pieces that clearly say you can write if you develop.

Got Life? calming down?

So what happened to Got life? this week? I mean the guy didn't really get into any real beefs, wasn't too much of an asshole at all, and was almost.. ::gulps:: personable. Did he simmer down to try and get a fair view from the voters without the bias of his beefs? Or is Got Life? a born again man, just relaxing and focusing on his writing? Only time can tell.

The mystery behind vada

That brings me to the next subject, vada. Who does this guy write like? I know he reminds me of someone but I won't jump the gun. The kid is talented and we'll see how he does. He claimed to be champ in 4 weeks (so did headless and we see where he ended up LMAO).

My top two picks for verses of the week

I will pick two verses every week, to be J o o k's pick of the week; and also runner up. This is just to give more light to writers, on top of what Q picks. Some weeks we may have the same people, some weeks we may not. With that said.

J o o k's Verse of the week: VADA

Runner up: Mound 10

In conclusion:

I would like to end this week with say Happy Birthday again to Baron, may you get all you wish for and have a great time.

Peace and Good will, this is J o o k signing out.

test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XVI | CONCLUSION

An exciting week with a lot of posted match ups. No shows were minimal and participation soared with surprisingly a lot of solid writing from unexpected writers. The activity level is rising and people are posting and voting earlier. The morale of the league is in a good position and people are amp to participate. I thank you for reading this magazine and hopefully you have taken into account that the majority of material covered are solely based on the opinions of the writer, myself, Joe Black aka Quriosity. I hope this week surpasses the last and either we will see our 4th Champion or our 1st Defended title since the league was re-born. Good luck to you all and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    test
  17. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good mag.

lots of gay pictures.

fuck a soft heart award.

you're the one getting soft.

tell your wife to give you your nuts back.

holla @ me for a verse if you want to hold onto the title.
    test
  18. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

I laughed my ass off at the baby costume in the soft heart award pic.
    test
  19. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

you would...homo
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

good mag...

word at the creativity though...its my bread and butter.
    pics had me dieing
    beauty is fine as hell
    i wonder wats jooks corner
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.