The RSTL Mini-Mag

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Jun 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

====================
    THE RSTL TEXT MAG
    ====================

The RSTL Text Mag is a publication made for the text division of the Rapmusic Story/Topic League. All stories, columns, articles are reported in the actions, exploits and events happening in the league. If you are interested in writing and submitting a story, you can contact Got Life on AIM @ E Got Life.​

MESSAGE FROM THE MODERATOR

Let’s be honest the mag is something each and every one of us has missed because we all want to get credit for our writing, that’s why we take part in this league:

1) To improve our writing skills.
    2) To garner recognition amongst our peers for being good at what we do.
    3) To expand our minds and touch on different topics and become more versatile writers.
    4) To get some accolades and see our name mentioned because it makes us all feel a little special.

Whichever the case may be these weeks have definitely been trying for the league as it recovers from a recent downward slump. Sure there were some problems with voting in the past weeks before the league was shut down and Tek and I were brought on to get the ball rolling again, but that has quickly become a ghost of the past.

Voting this week was actually rather on point as most matches got at least 5 votes cast on them, which is a nice turn around from matches that had 0 votes cast on them in simultaneous weeks.

As far as the lapse with the mag is concerned, this is mag has always been for the people, by the people. I will continue putting my time in to write for this mag, but the help of the writers in the league to make it a stellar project as it once was is essential.

Moving beyond from that note as far as changes with the line limits are concerned, please voice your opinions here. If the majority of the league does not want these line limits then come next week they shall no longer be here and that’ll be the end of that drama.

Now that that has been all said and done the first week wasn’t exactly filled with as much enthusiasm as was seen when the league was shut down, but regardless we got the ball rolling with 28 heads. While 9 of them no-showed that is still a showing of 19 people.

If you don’t think that’s impressive then you need to hop off your high horse because the most people that showed the entire span of the point system was one fluke week where 20 people showed for their matches. Unfortunately voting that first week was sub-par, but with the revival of the league these things can be expected and will be smoothed out as soon as possible.
    test
  2. TeKneeK

WHAT WENT DOWN (PART 1)

Erokladon had difficulties with his computer and never got his verse up and so DIC retained his title via no-show win. Erok…wish you best of luck on the road with your tour and all. Make sure to get your ass back in the league when you get the time.

I got a technicality win over the fact that Solaris disregarded the line limit and wrote a good 20+ lines over, making the match incredibly advantageous to him being that I followed the rules. If you want to be DIC you can call it a scandal and me abusing my powers. If you want to have a shred of rationality you can see that this was a concrete ruling made by Tek none the less as my internet was down from Thursday night to Monday morning.

God Father no-showed and took the L to Inkwell…God Father was later seen stumbling around complaining about how he doesn’t understand how he’s now 12-3. For further explanations see any article previously mentioned about Jersey Emcee in previous magazines, which are conveniently linked to in the archives.

Mr. Mynd stomped on Linxz as the eccentric Linxz was yet again baffled about why he gets no love coming to the obvious conclusion that everyone in the league is a hater.

Nique beat out a seemingly missing in action Pain, while Vern picked up his 94th win over RM’s own republican LDogg…following his bitching spree about facing Tek and getting his match switched to Infinite Truth…IT no-showed and Malo posted a no-show verse. Unfortunately it didn’t work twice for him as he caught a loss the following week for the same efforts.

In other news Vigil downed Tek prohibiting the most talked about Asian since William Hung from grabbing his 70th win. Idol_z downed Julius Caesar and Flor tied Dysentery prompting a re-match between the two the following week.

Also not to be forgotten Mirage downed Eternalpath proving that she is indeed the baddest bitch between the two of them…only time will tell if Mirage gets her shot at Nique…

WHAT WENT DOWN (PART 2)

Got Life? edged out DIC in a neck and neck battle with the deciding factor being the fact that Vern messed up while voting.

Inkwell edged out Mr. Mynd coming up with a rather interesting twist to his story where he ends up killing Michael Jordan.

In yet another close match that was seen last week Nique beat out Vern based on the fact that they had come to a tie and Tek came in to break the tie as promised to the members in the rules.

Idol_z downed Vigil as the line limits clearly weren’t Vigil’s friend prohibiting him from delving deeper with his piece.

Beyond that Flor took down Dysentery and as for everything else it went down just as expected…several no-shows and shitty voting seen in the rest of the league with the exception of one or two people.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

THE INTERVIEW WITH GOT LIFE
    by TeKneeK

TEK: With the new RSTL on the verge of moving forward, a road block seems to have brewed between yourself and members of the RSTL - A number of situations seems to have spawned and as moderator and now current champ - there is controversy amongst you. What's been happening?
    GOT LIFE: I mean...I can't say that it's really anything new...I'm an abrasive person...matter of fact...scratch that...I'm seen as abrasive because I speak my mind and will always engage a point when it is necessary to engage upon it...for the most part though I'm here because I love to write and I really enjoy taking part in this leauge and seeing it move further towards sucess. This is something that people who actually take the time out to not be stubborn have noticed. I think a prime example of that can be seen in Jook, who before having actually spoken with me thought I was a scumbag and we have since become as solid friends as you can be over the net. Beyond that everything going around is the same old shit that's always been going around...people like DIC who believe they are the RSTL's gift from God are convinced that they can't lose...especially to someone like myself who they happen to hate, but the league has been fairly consistent with voting fairly, that's one thing that I love about it. As far as controversy and all of that...you know as well as I do that the rules changed and it was obvious...the league went from point system with divisions and all that jazz to rankings as they were back in the day...to anyone with some common sense this would alert them that something changed...maybe I should take a look at the rules, but people rather spend an hour bitching about their mistakes and why they don't like the mods, then to take 10 minutes...read the rules and stop being dipshits. With that said though I am apologetic to the members that do stick it out week after week and do what's asked of them because they don't need to be dragged into a whole bunch of meaningless drama.

TEK: The RSTL's point system has been a downfall and with the new transition and changes - RSTL members were told that renovation and readjustment would be done. With the new league getting underway, why is it that RSTL members were not aware or knew about the new stipulations. Was it because of failure to communicate or a failure to recognize the changes.
    GOT LIFE: Regardless of who you blame in this situation, it's the pot calling the kettle black...matter fact...scratch that...the changes were noticed...the only person to actually fail to observe this change was in fact Solaris even though I talked with him about the line limit on aim. I was talking to him yesterday about what's going on with him and he said there's a lot going on in his life, which is why he didn't show last week and has departed for the time being, but the thing with the deadlines pushed back...everyone else got their voting done and that's just the age old tale of someone being upset over nothing...lets look at it this way...even if DIC had voted on 4 matches...the vote count would have still been 3-2 because the rule discrediting any vote editted REGARDLESS of the reason has been a rule standing in the league for a good 8 months now.
    Off topic I don't think there was anything wrong with the point system at all, with new rules adapted towards requiring voting, it was a great system for cycling people around and recognizing people for going above and beyond as far as voting was concerned. The only flaw with it being that the same people ended up going to the contender match every 2 weeks or so.

TEK: As a moderator, do you run the league in the way you feel is best for the members or do you listen to what their wishes are and compromise in finding a solution?
    GOT LIFE: I'd love to compromise and allow the league to be moderator by the moderators but run the way the members want to see it run...unfortunately no one comes to me about issues and trying to resolve them...I think the only one who did that was Flor and I resolved his problem instantly...then only thing I seem to get is Nique telling me that people are iming her saying they don't like me and then I end up seeing some crazy thread in the hookups...stop being shady motherfuckers...

TEK: People haven't been too kind with your past journalistic views---barring who is right or wrong in this matter---the fact remains that a number of people do not feel you to be a legitimate moderator. Possibly, because of your bold opinionated feelings of writers --- does it matter what they feel about you? What will you do about it?
    GOT LIFE: I'm me...i'm not a cookie cutter motherfucker that's going to tuck my dick between my legs...some people don't think i'm a legitimate mod?...who might they be...let's see LDogg...yea...he was in the league for a total of maybe 5 or 6 weeks in the past 8 months...he contributed to the league by giving mods a headache about how he's always cheated and then fleeing to a different league...Vern? no disrespect because he's definitely a legend, but dude has been MIA for a long long time now...honestly...I've been not only going hard for 33 straight weeks now...I have contributed to every mag since Dec. I was helping the mods do rankings, tallying shit, topics, and whatever else back when there were 4 mods and they didn't get jack shit accomplished between the 4 of them. I happen to recall when DIC was the only one doing the work, there were no rankings, no matches up, disappearing topics, and no mag...I happen to see myself as doing a far better job then what was done and i'm sorry these aren't the glory days...there aren't 50-60 people that want to write in the league regardless of whether i'm mod or whether you get Tali, Riko, Vern, and Mac to mod...

TEK: With no current resolvings publicly made - what will happen with the RSTL? - What will we see with the league?
    GOT LIFE: That's just not a relevant question at this point in time...what resolutions need to be made public...it has been made abundantly clear that the rules will be stuck with to the T...as far as changing the rules...the members and not just Nique need to voice their opinions about these rules in order for change to come. As far as what we will see with the league, we'll see the same things we've been seeing for the past 8 months...some weeks are hotter then others, but for the most part the right people win, the right people lose, a couple people are happy, a couple people are mad, and the world moves on.

TEK: And as the league moves forward, - you are current RSTL text champion -- finally a long time comin'. Despite the controversy, how is everything with you?
    GOT LIFE: I'm tired...I don't spend time writing my verses like I use to, but i'm still going to continue delivering something interesting to read and I shall hold my spot until someone better comes along to take it from me.

VERSES OF THE WEEK (Week 1 and 2)

Nothing really stood out and caught my eye so I felt it unfair for me to award this…if you want do this segment e-mail it to me at eveksler@eden.rutgers.edu and I shall edit it in.
    test
  4. Lucifer Rofocale

Lucifer Rofocale New Member

Got Life has alot to say.
    test
  5. HellRzah

HellRzah PurE EviL

pretty cool but short..good work tho'
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

''TEK: With the new RSTL on the verge of moving forward''

Pretty much summed it up.
    test
  7. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

it's better than nothing,

but lmao @ The RSTL Text Mag is a "publication" made for the text division of the Rapmusic Story/Topic League.
    test
  8. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

test
  9. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

I could have sworn I had voter of the weeks done...
    test
  10. T.r.oo.p

T.r.oo.p .:Im'a G between F & H:.

Yea thats a Mini Mag allright

but good shit yo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.