The Rstl Chronicle

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by DiC GeTs GuLLy, Aug 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

THE RSTL CHRONICLE

CONTENTS
    INTRODUCTION..............by DiC GeTs GuLLy

Recognizing the New Heights Reached...........by DiC GeTs GuLLy

The NO SHOW KINGS.....................by DiC GeTs GuLLy

The RSTL Tag Tournament - Past and Present
    .......by DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC Interviews Nique

The Dic Report - Review of Matches.......by DiC GeTs GuLLy

Top 5 Verses of The Week.............by Pent Up

Introduction

Well...... after a long time of me not really wanting to run this league, I decided that I couldn't just look as it was killed by a combination of horrible management and poor participation. The management scheme has changed obviously, but the participation needs a serious rise to keep our writers efforts up for competition.

The Tag Tournament is my key to do just that. It's looking real interesting already with several Vets pairing together as well as a lot of new names, possible aliases, also team together. 18 teams have already signed so that's 36 writers to get this shit jumping a little. Tali has brought back Black Jesus, although Black Jesus hasn't checked in yet, Vern and Awedishin, Infinite Truth and Insanevillian, L Dogg and probably one of his aliases has a full line up of Elite members. Not to mention Nique and Brandon, Formal and Athiest, Cereal Killer and Noib to add to some nice matches to come out of this. The tournament will start as soon as I see we have enough teams signed in. Some people think it's foolish for me allow aliases to sign in and have multiple names in the tournament. This option is made because I'm making this tournament about the writing. An abundance of verses is will wake this league the fuck up so if you can write several nice verses in a week, then do the damn and climb as high as you can in the brackets once this starts. You will have to drop a verse to be able to vote in the tournament so if you can't post, you can't vote.

There's been a whole lot of beefs about what it takes to make text and this league tight again because it has withered from the collaboration of strong matches we used to see regularly. All I think is needed is a system that works for the members so they feel appreciated in their efforts and want to give those who appreciate them more credible verses to read. That's what I'm going to do. There's not too much to write about as far as matches last week, but I will manange to bring something for a mag for yall anyway. A little effort can go a long way.......so without any further long drawn out ass introduction, here's the mothafuckin RSTL Magazine.

Recognizing the New Heights Reached

There has been some great accomplishments of people in the RSTL and these people deserve some credit so this is for them. This league has been around for several years with great competitors writing fantastic verses and climbing all the way to the top to get their desired reward in having a title and being in the Hall Of Champions. I talk a lot of shit about one guy in particular for various reasons, but regardless of all that, he's still shown that he has the skills to climb through the ranks and get titles. He's acclaimed as the greatest by many and rightfully deserves the respect....... Vern Acular .

Vern has recently received his 10th RSTL title, which is a big accomplishment in the league since the average ex-champ has no more than 2. I thought I might go back and pay a tribute to a great ex champ, the best? I don't know bout all that, but he's damn nice with a topical. Here are a few of the better matches that he's been in to credit a nice writer and member of our league.

A little tribute to the man for getting his 10th title. That's some shit right there....along with his 98th win.

Along with this old Vet accomplishing new heights, there's a new face to recognize in the hall of champs and they've gone through a lot of hatred to climb over and still reach the top. She's only 19 years old and she's faced and remained victorious over some of the nicer Vets.....I'm sure by now you know I'm writing about Nique . I've known her for a while so I always knew she'd get a title sooner or later and she's now one of our newest members to be in the hall of champs.

Being the first female champ in the league is something I feel was long over due, but it's finally happened. Nique has more than proved that she can hold her own against a league of great writing guys and even against the great female writers. I hear she's a nice battler in the RBL as well which makes her a well rounded verse writer too. After recently getting her 2nd title in just a few weeks, she has chosen to sign out, but I'm sure she'll return as she always does. I'm gonna take yall back a little bit and let you see some of her good matches that have gotten her the respect she deserves.

Nique Vs. Vern Acular Vs. Spacebar
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=865881

Nique vs. Headless versemen
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=863113

Nique Vs. Runna Damille (aka Rikoshay)
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=942361

Nique Vs. Vigil Vs. Pain
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=977299
    (She shoulda won, but votes for her got dqed on technical bullshit)

Nique Vs. Noib Da Mutt
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=977299

Nique Vs. Athiest
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=979588

Nique Vs. Tekneek
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=974445

After beating some respected ex champs as you can see, Nique has finally gotten the ultimate prize of being an exchamp herself.

These two people and their journey to getting titles are my acknowledgements to the new and old champs of the RSTL. Good shit yall. Hope to see you both in the league again soon.[/CENTER]
    test
  2. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

The No Show Kings

When most people think of No Show Kings, names like Jersey Emcee, Tekneek, Malosovich (ratiko malodic) come to mind, but there's a team that specializes in no shows whenever they're signed in. This team is the Elite..... In the past few weens we've had Insanevillian, MC 4sight, Vern Acular, Madpoet (elite 2.0) all sign in and no show. I thought being a veteran gave a higher code of ethics to show your skills and actually show the fuck up to your matches when sign in. I might be ego maniacle and arrogant about my partipation, but I know how to show up so guess what, that gives me that right.

It doesn't matter who I'm facing, what I have to do that week, a week is long enough to write a few lines, ot much else becaue that's what being a vet and part of a veteran team in SMO is about. Constantly showing your skills and making it known that you deserve to be considered 'Elite' and it's more than just some weak ass tag for your squad. Most of you know I've had my beefs with this crew for years, but that's not what this about because I can say, L dogg usually shows to his matches when he's in so I'm not even mentioning him, but what the fuck is up with the rest of yall?

How do you even call yourself Elite? That's some pure bullshit and it's really fuckin hilliarious. If you wanna hold such a high name for yourself, then show and prove mothafuckas. Stop bullshitting or shut that shit up. Lol, Damn Kids.... I wouldn't even give a fuck if yall didn't act like you're still the shit when you haven't done a fuckin thing to show it in hella long. That squad name holds no fuckin respect from me and if any one of you fools want to get fucked up by the Dic, no homo fags, then come get it niglets. I'm not going nowhere and I'll shut all that bullshit up quickly. Come sign in and get it punks. I'm right here with a target on waiting for any of you to do something about it.

[​IMG]

The Elite, what a mothafuckin joke. Lol, give a goddamn break. Warren hasn't written shit in years, L dogg is severely overrated, Infinite Truth is too, Insane villian is all talk and NO SHOW, Mac Flow is working more jobs than a jamaican with no green card (that's my white ninja though. lol) Vern is your only credible constant member. All your other members are MIA and Omen's biting bitch ass is the ultimate disgrace of this league and will be forever. You let a serial verse thief represent your crew for years and I'm supposed to believe none of yall knew about it even when he was cheating to get your crew wins? Get the fuck outta here. Lol .... how do you fools keep talking shit? Inquiring minds wanna know niglets, I wanna know.

Other no shows include many long time members of the league. Moms, Insense, Tekneek, Formal Logic, and Pain which brings me to the conclusion that the Vets are the ones that are letting the league down, not the newbies who often get the blame for no shows. There's some of them too, but we don't expect much from newbs....they're newbs..... So why aren't you Vets showing up to your matches? Scared of all the competition I see cuz you know all these newbs are keyboard killers. It's cool though, when yall are ready to turn off your night light and come out to play, we'll be waiting fa ya ninjas.

The RSTL Tag Tournament - Past and Present

There hasn't been a RSTL Tag Tournament since 2004 so I'm gonna do a little flash back of some of the matches from back then. There was some nice teams like Insanevillian and Jowelz, Tha Talent and Trap, Infinite Truth and Vern Acular, L Dogg and WW3, Primal and Desenuts, Mac Flow and Insanity, Baron Mynd and Defcon 5. Here are a few of the nice matches that came out of that 2 years ago.

Vern Acular and Infinite Truth vs. Lithix and Tactics
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=697630

Primal and Desenuts vs. L Dog and WW3
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=693408

Pinnacle and Rapter2k vs. Mac Flow and Insanity
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=693411

Baron Mynd and Defcon 5 vs. WisePunchlines and Magic Johnson
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=693416

The problem that plagued that tournament was an overwhelming amount of no shows. This is why I've imposed two rules that will eliminate the no show issue from our tournament. The 1st rule is that this will be a no no show tournament. What this means is if your opponent doesn't show, your team will be placed against another team who has suffered from their opponent not showing. In the forseeable outcome of their being an odd number of no shows, a team will be put against 2 other teams that both showed up for their match. Writing to your best ability is high encouraged because you may not be facing who you think you will because no shows are more than likely to occur.

The other rule that seems to be causing at least a little confusion on it's reasoning is the alias rule. I briefly explained this already, but you are allowed to sign in under more than 1 name in this tournament. This will allow some of you to write your ass off if you want and really show the members of the league how you flex your skills. I've put this in because it will also bring more nice verses to read because if you're not a great writer, you probably won't sign in more than once. That may help kill off some of the no shows or may increase some no shows, but it's worth a shot to see how many more great matchups can be made. I know some of you don't agree with my logic on this, but bare with me and I'm sure this will be a great tourament that you'll be happy to be a part of. This is for yall so take advantage of the oportunity and do tha damn.
    test
  3. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

InterView With Nique

Dic Gets Gully: It's been a really long time since I've had an interview done for this mag, but I figured now is as good a time as any. I've got out newest Champ, Nique with me to get this shit rolling again..... wassup witcha nique, how does it feel to finally be in the hall and recogized as a champ? Any difference than before?

Nique:: can i answer now?

Dic Gets Gully: Yea
    Dic Gets Gully]: Lol

Nique: Um, it feels like any other day to be honest. I can't even tell you who's in the hall exactly besides a few rstl heads. The only difference now, is that I can say I am the first chick to win the title. That felt pretty good the first week I won.

Dic Gets Gully: This isn't your face time in the hall. You've gotten close in tournaments, being in the top 4 has also gotten you in there so did you expect to win a title in a league where competition has dwindled away?

Dic Gets Gully]: Face = first, blooper real

Nique: Yea, the competition is fine. Just that people have this narrow minded mindset that if you weren't in the RSTL during the year 01-02 you aren't good. There's a such thing as new good writers. And the old heads just sign up, talk trash, and no show. But yea, I knew I would win someday.

Dic Gets Gully: About being the first female champ and you statement of the old vs the new, many used to say that would be an accomplishment made by Eryka Kaine. I think that mostly because she's considered a Vet, a member from back in 2003 and some may have thought or think she's a better writer..... you've beaten people she couldn't beat though. Do you think your skills are greater than hers? I'm just curious on that one.

Nique:: No, not at all. She's my favorite female writer. .ever. And we're two completely different writers. She's a more poetic, emotion fulfilled writer. I'm a vibrant, talk to the people, get to the point writer. It was probably hard for her back then. .I remember her being in the championship countless times and losing when I thought she won, but it's whatever. If people think she's better, I agree. If people think I'm better, I agree. Different strokes for different folks.

Dic Gets Gully: Yea, I remember that as well. She lost in a match to Talent that I thought she should have clearly won, but you're right. It was harder to win back then against some of the names that are still credited as great ex champs today. You've beaten some nice ex champs, which one do you feel is your greatest accomplishment in the league?

Nique:: Vern of course. Does he even have 20 losses yet? There's been champions in the RSTL who can never say they've beaten him. Lol. Or countless other RSTL Legends. I like challenges.

Dic Gets Gully: I feel that, he just got his 20th loss by no showing against Cereal Killer. He has more wins and titles than anyone else though so that is something to be proud of. The league has gone through various changes in mods and rules and it's probably getting confusing for people to keep up. This week is only my 1st week as Mod after it being shut down various times do to problems with mods and rule changes that have lead to problems. What do you think is needed to make this league strong and keep it that way for a while?

Nique:: are you still there?

Dic Gets Gully:yea, I'm here. My bad..... my stomach hurts. (mental note* tequilla, helf a blunt and some left over buffalo wings aren't the best items for a hangover breakfast, but it felt pretty good at first.) *not actually mentioned during interview*

Nique: Yea, I don't really care for no shows though. Make the league strong? Forget the old heads and fight for the young writers. Every time the Mods beg and plead for the old heads to comeback all they do is fuck things up even more. Don't sign up and no show. I don't care if you're Vern, Black Jesus, Talent, WHOEVER. I'd rather have noname123 and whosthat456 post verses than that. But yea, try to get new writers in. Help yourself by HELPING THEM.

Nique: uh dic i'ma need you to stop typing paragraphs and just ask me questions lol

Dic Gets Gully: Ok, ok.... I know I'm long winded but, I feel you on that. I wrote something about that too. I don't feel that the Vets are really living up to the expectations and credit that they're often given because they're the ones that no show most of the time. I like a lot of the newer writers like Ribo, Pent, Fold and others.
    test
  4. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Dic Gets Gully: Iwant you to give me your opinion of some writers as I name them off. You cool with that?

Nique: Yea sure.

Dic Gets Gully: Gravy, the first person is..... Pent Up

Nique: Cool writer. I like his writing more when he's more free spirited. Rhyming annoys me most of the time (he knows this), but he's a good writer.

Dic Gets Gully: Cool, that's weird coming from you. You're one of the better rhymers/flowers in the league so I know you put value in it. Anyway though, my second rstler is......Athiest

Nique: Very Good writer. I've always like his stories. .and I think he's beaten me before. I'm going to get him back, lol. Anyway, I haven't been able to check out his verse this week, but from previous pieces he's written in the past I've enjoyed his vision and imagination through his content.

Dic Gets Gully: Yea, I agree. I always said he's one of the best story tellers in the league along side Richard Corey and myself. What about GotLife?

Nique: What about him? Lol, nah. Um, Got Life isn't no where as good as he thinks he is. He's decent. Has A LOT to work, like rhyming and mechanics (especially mechanics). One piece, he'll have so much imagery that' he'll lack message and flow. Next piece, he'll have so much flow that he'll lack everything else. Up and down, but we all are to an extent. I personally enjoyed his pieces a long time ago when he first got into the league, but now, eh. He's average.

Dic Gets Gully: Lol, I agree that he thinks he's a lot better than he actually is. I've often told him if he'd put more focus on his writing and less on being an irking annyance, he'd get much further. Ok, Tekneek?

Nique: Well, he didn't magically wake up one morning and get 69 wins. He's fell off tremendously, but he can still beat a lot of people in the league. Point blank.

Dic Gets Gully: 69 wins with 31 losses doesn't seem that impressive, but I understand what you're saying. He's a respected writer when he's focused.

Dic Gets Gully: Hhhhmmm, let me see, who else... Dicnyaeye, lol

Nique: 69 wins and 31 losses is very impressive. I don't have 69
    wins.

Dic Gets Gully: I have 56 wins... but who's counting. Lol

Nique: And I never will. I wont reach 40. Dic is a great writer. Only two things that bother me with Dic: the same old content (pussy/dick, dick/pussy) and your ego. The ego's annoying, but you know that already. Anyway, yea, one of the best to ever be in the RSTL.

Nique: And you just proved my ego point LOL

Dic Gets Gully: Point well made. I'm arrogant about my writing sometimes..... I really only start beefs about that type of stuff when the league gets boring. Gets people something to take part in.....which basically become people uniting to hate me. Lmao, that's cool though. It's all for the league..........

Dic Gets Gully: Ok, how about Cereal Killer

Nique: Uh huh sure. Cereal Killer was pretty good. Now, he's a bit rusty, but I think he'll be fine. I remember he being a pretty decent storyteller back in the day.

Dic Gets Gully: Yea, I liked his style. It was original, not so focused on rhymes much, but his content and the way he'd narrate his verses was always something shocking to read and well written to the ending.

Dic Gets Gully: Ok, one more...... Clauz/Opera toonist

Nique: I can't really remember claus. I remember his modding. Great until he randomly vanished. Um, he has titles, so he must have some kind of talent. I think I remember one piece against Tali? It was like a dialogue piece and I enjoyed it.

Dic Gets Gully Ok, fair enough..... let me try a person that I'm sure you do remember than. Malosovich/Yomomma/Ratiko Malodic...

Dic Gets Gully: Than = then... blooper real again.

Nique: Good writer. Always thought he was a good writer, but very lazy. He no shows too much. Just don't sign back in nah mean. We had our beef..because of YOU. Always remember that. Heh.

Dic Gets Gully What? You and moms beefed because of me? Lmao
    DicGets Gully: I'm inoocent

Nique: uh...you=meant him
    Nique: nothing in that paragraph is about you lol

Dic Gets Gully: Oh, ok..... more blooper shit. If I was getting paid for this shit, I'd edit it out, but I'm not so fuck it.

Nique: but yea, are we almost done? i gotta do somethings

Dic Gets Gully: Thought you might be mad cuz I used his name to win a
    tournament.

Nique: I was. I don't care anymore though. Just thought it was
    corny.

Dic Gets Gully: All I did was use his name to win a tournament
    under the most hated member in the league cuz it seemed like a worthy
    challenge to me. Lol... I'm corny though. I can accept that

Nique: If you say so

Nique: lets wrap this up though

Dic Gets Gully: All gravy. Yea, this about wrapped up. Thanks for your time Nique. Anything else you wanna say to the people of the RSTL before we end this lil interview?

Nique:It was nice while it lasted. Peace.

Dic Gets Gully: Well, I guess she thinks the league has come to an end in some regards. Maybe I can help change that with a little bit of help from yall by showing up to your matches like we both stated. There's a lot of good writers signed in this week as well that I can recognize so I'm hoping to see some good matches this week. Lets get to writing mothafuckas....... pz
    test
  5. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

The Dic Review..... Not Much This Week

Well, there wasn't much to vote on this week, but a couple people did actually show up so lets go over those....... the Championship Match and the Contender's Match

The Champ Match: 1. Nique vs 2. Pent Up
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?p=13907427#post13907427

After recieiving her 2nd title in only a few week, Nique stands up to defend her title against a worthy ex champ, Pent Up. This was forseen to be an interesting match far before the verses were even posted. I was kind of let down though honestly, I expected much better from bot of them and since I know their skill levels, I know there should of been more put into their verses, but whatever.

Pent Up dropped his verse first. It was a very well detailed dialogue of a guy that has been arrested. It was intriguing and suspenseful as you wonder what the fuck is gonna happen and some of the convo was pretty nice. It lacked in giving much exciting content, which I found hard to believe cuz it was about a murderer. The focus on the interrogation was too much and I think this needed some of the other elements of a murder investigation like the actual murder. That would of made this a much better verse and I think he could done better in the votes if he had something besides the dialogue to detail the murder. A flashback scene, the guy goes crazy and starts fighting the detective....anything exciting to make it more interesting. Nevertheless, Pent has his own style and his own way of doing what he wants so I can feel that. He chose a different kind of verse and while I applaud his growth, I still think he could have and should have done better.

Nique just came in and did her usual thing..... seems kinda effortless for her sometimes. The flow was nice and packed with multies as well as having a good emotional outline to connect the readers to the content. Some witty shit of a battler with lines that make you think a little bit. She's pretty good with the topicals, but I didn't really see why it ended so abruptlu. It's almost like she said, fuck it, I don't wanna write anymore and just ended it on the spot. She spoke on basic injustices that effect a person's self worth and make them feel less worth in life. It was kind of touching as the emotions overflowed in the piece. It was a very brief piece, but regardless of that, she pulls off the victory.

Contender's Match: 3. Fold Vs. 4. Dark Nebula
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001022

This was an interesting match for me. This guy Fold got some skills, just needs a little more focus on his content maybe, but I liked this verse. It was funny, tragic and exciting all at the same time. Kids running the city and acting like criminals. Lol, good shit. The police barracade, damn.....that was a bit much man, but it was still a good story. Fold has some nice flow and good narration with the girl telling the story. I read that some people found it to be unrealistic, it's creative writing people. Lmao, wtf..... everything you read isn't suppose to plausible to you, just entertaining. On one hand though, fold, you shoulda probably posted something new to meet me in a match instead of recycling what you posted then took back and replaced with a 4 line no show verse against Unavailable. A few people noticed that man, including myself. It was a much better read the first time I read it..... I guess you thought you were safe cuz you edited it out with a no show verse, but it was too late. Next time just keep that verse stored and write something new and you'll get a chance to post it later.

Things I liked was the way this verse moved. The kids didn't keep still and it kept everything moving nicely. The flow was nice as well.

Things I think need improvement was the ending was kinda weird. I usually like that, but this seemed rushed. The barrets of m 80s and police barracade.... it just didn't work to well. Good luck this week though man.

Dark Nebula , a name I haven't used much since my RBL days back in 2004. Figured I'd dust off an old name and put it to good use. So, I chose to write some crazy, killer priest shit, no relation to the Wu Tang Clan, since people say I've been focused on my sex tales in the league. People seem to expect perverted stories from me so I had to switch it up a bit this time.

I thought my story was pretty well developed and the majority of voters seem to agree with me so I'm gravy with the results and the criques I received. The priest was also a vigilante for justice for those who haven't read it yet. He kills another priest for raping a boy and then goes on a killing spree rampage at the church after seeing people being disrespectful in the house of the Lord.

Any though, Dark Nebula was able to pull off the win with a more entertaining verse I believe.
    test
  6. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

top 5 verses
    of the week that just passed
    and you are still reading this in hopes that I might mention u, ha
    Haha

Counting down....

Ima give this to kid concussion
    First of all he brought back the metaphor, and he brought it in a straightforward manner, which I loved, the words were realistic and hard hitting, I didn't see much complex rhyming but it was def a creative piece. I must say his finisher felt lacking but if he stays in the league, I can def see him progressing and doing well. Here's my favorite part of his verse;

'Erecting pre-manufactured homes suffocaes the land, I remain nauseas
    An acre is worth five hundred grand, and that's a minimal offer
    With the asphault lozenge leaving us dead - what's the next option
    Natural law won't suffice, Adam smith is full of nonsense'
    To peep the rest of his shiggidy peep
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001006

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001013

Verse four on countdown is one I found to be very simple (like me) yet written in a much more expierenced method. Adderall x30 wrote a topical that scolded us as a society for being aware that the freedoms and things we love so much are the product of abused humans, abused soley (unless under the hand of a sadist) to keep the pace of manufacturing and feeding our gluttonous greed. (Ie sweatshops, i f I understppd his verse right). The verse was done in well by a nice flow accompanied by a solid train of thought.

In a sadening thread where formal logic no showed, Athiest dropped a verse with a dope twist. This verse started with really dope multis that intriguied me but left me with no feeling of accomplishment while reading it, then, finally, there was some action when the main character decided to blow the brains of a clerk out to be 'socially accepted' (in an abnormal society I guess you'd say). Following through with very smooth rhymes and setting-based dialogue meshing with nice vocab narration athe (can I call u athe?) eventually brought in the twist that got my attention to it; the father of the clerk hunted down Cal (main character) and the ending is.......something you should read for yourself
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001017

Nique gets my #2 slot with a topical that depicts poverty through the eyes of a bum, who, from my understanding, is a vet from a war. This verse depicts the psychology of a crazy man (a man non-poverty stricken society would deem crazy that is) into something fathomable and realistic with undertoned wordplay that brings the verse to life as if nique understands why crazy people are crazy....wtf? Very realistic verse with sharp flow and considerably dope execution

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001023

I give my gold to the man not even standing on bronze; Dark Nebula created a flow heavy story about a priest who turns hail marys into hailing bullets on those who've apposed god. Creating a fast paced environment, combining it with action, and complimenting it with very appropriete imagery made this piece very entertaining to read, and though I can't say when I was done reading I walked away with something as with kid concussions verse or adderalls verse but I can say I was entertained completely and I read through the verse twice in the time it takes me to usually read one verse. A force to be reckoned with my top verse is.....
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1001022
    test
  7. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

good shit, dic, and pent up

you guys are definitely focused. I think it's only a matter of time before the league starts looking up again, its on the right track.
    test
  8. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

word...Nique if you read this...I can feel what you said...

fuck the rest of ya'll...

whoop...
    test
  9. Cereal_Killer

Cereal_Killer no ESCAPE

really dope mag alot of work there dic keep em comen
    test
  10. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Born with Pain

test
  11. Vern Acular

Vern Acular 12x RSTL Champ

this was actually hot, props to you dic, looking good, sorry about no showing just got realllllll busy, thanks for what you said, i may sign back in and for the record I have 15 legitimate losses, the rest were no-shows, or quick verses to prevent a no-show...
    test
  12. UneekTestimony

UneekTestimony New Member

Nique gets my #2 slot with a topical that depicts poverty through the eyes of a bum, who, from my understanding, is a vet from a war. This verse depicts the psychology of a crazy man (a man non-poverty stricken society would deem crazy that is) into something fathomable and realistic with undertoned wordplay that brings the verse to life as if nique understands why crazy people are crazy....wtf? Very realistic verse with sharp flow and considerably dope execution

^LOL. That wasn't what my topical was about at all. Had nothing to do with people being crazy. It had to do with peace. . .and how no one can afford it. Haha. It's all good though.

Oh, and when I said it was nice while it lasted I was referring to me. Lol, not the league. Because I honestly don't know if I'll sign in ever again. Or even be able to.

Nice Magazine.
    test
  13. kid concussion

kid concussion stork.

Thanks for the recognition. Yeah I got bored, i wrote like 10 lines then lost it. But props on the mag very dope. I'll only get better.
    test
  14. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

All good Vern..... I respect your talents, regardless of what I say outside the league.

Thanks everyone for the appreciation...... this is for yall and I'm just a humble servant, well, I'm not humble.
    test
  15. Calloused

Calloused New Member

I'd like to sign in, but there is no thread to do so. My previous record is three and one.
    test
  16. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

well, thank you very much for the compliment.

it's always nice to hear some positive comments from two respected writers in this great league.

yes, you can call me ath. but if you're going to call me atheist please spell it correctly, lol. i don't know how so many people spell it athiest when it's atheist. it's e before i in my case. i'm an exception.

but back to this magazane; i read it all.

fantastic stuff, dic.

if you're putting in this much effort even though there was a poor showing this week, i must say bravo. it should really make people think of putting in a little effort themselves.

and if you ever need any help with the magazine, don't be afraid to give me a shout.

fantastic work, dic.

read it from start to finish.
    test
  17. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

p.s. hooray, i see calloused is going to sign back in.

fucking superb writer.
    test
  18. Calloused

Calloused New Member

I notice you took my advice on how to switch up and better your ending.
    test
  19. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

sure did.

the other ending was bollocks.
    test
  20. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

good job son
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.