The RSTL Chronicle.... Welcome Back Some Mods

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by DiC GeTs GuLLy, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Table of Contents

Introduction by Dic Gets Gully
    Top 3 Matches Reviewed by Dic Gets Gully
    RSTL…. The Good and Bad, The New and Old and Everything In Between
    by Dic Gets Gully
    Dic Interviews with Tali
    Top 5 Verses of the Week by Pent Up

....Introduction....

Wassup fools, a much better turn out this week makes me think that shit's elevating correctly in this place. Not many members, but the majority of you showed and gave us enough to actually vote on and with some nice verses too.

*applause for the ninjas that showed*

Im still not sure if you are reading the rules, but there's now a Mandatory Voting in the Championship and Contender's Match. If you haven't read the new rules, please do. I made a mistake and posted the wrong rules in the link of the matches, my bad, but the correct rules have been stickied since I got back here so everyone should be reading them.

I've been doing what I can to help improve this league, but of course someon is gonna find something to bitch about. It happens and it wouldn't be the RSTL is it didn't so..... I've gone to get some help to make this shit work right for everyone. With Clause/Opera toonist and GotLife whinning about bullshit like mag articles and ranks when they haven't helped do a fucking thing, like write an articles for the mag or even submit a damn topic, I've found a proper response to their moaning lil bitch noises...

..................../..}
    .................../.../
    ................../.¯/
    ................,/¯./
    ................/.../
    ........../´¯/' '/´¯¯•
    ........./'/../../..../¨¯\•
    ........('(..´........~/''.)
    .........\..............'.../
    ..........\.............•´
    ...........\.............(
    ............\.............\

SIT ON IT AND RELAX

Since lazy ass fuckheads would rather spend more time bitching that actually helping.... I've gotten some people to join the mod squad and assist me in making this place more serene. I'm such a fuckin nice guy aren't I? Yea, I know.... These people will assist me in posting/closing matches on time, updating the archives and writing mag articles so everything is kept is order. Tali is coming along with Pent Up so this will help our lil league progress at quicker paces than I could do by myself. *Yay* Anyway though, welcome our new mods when they get here and we will work to bring the league back to the high caliber standards we've come to expect.

A lot of nice matches happened and we have some new names writing nicely. Always good to see that. A ninja loves it when there's a new face to worry about and Adderal is definately that ninja. I see some other newbs in Forrester and Woe that are looking nice with their pieces too. Looking like the leauge is gonna do better than we might have expected from last week, but it didn't take much to do that, did it? Still, something to look forward to from these guys. Atheist is back and in good form too so of course I will have to try and put in some good writing to get a defense against him this week.

Fuck all this though, let's get this shit blasting...

........._____________________________
    ......r//////_ ( )____________________\\
    .........|_/////_ ___S&W____________|0|
    ..........) @ ___50__cal.______________//
    ....../-------/ (( || //__/
    ...../ xxx•/____||//
    ..../ xxxxx //
    .../ xxxxx // FUCK OUTTA HERE!!
    ../ xxxxx //
    ..|_____//

So without any fuckin further delays, here goes my efforts in giving yall some damn credit. Lol, mothafuckas.. Regardless of all the shit I talk about anyone, I respect you fuckas and these two too because they show up with written verses, give their votes and stay active in the league and that's what the fuck this place is about.
    test
  2. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Top 3 Matches of the Week

3. Forrester V. Woe
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1002165

This was a match that had greast narration with ok content from one side and nice content with fair narration on the other making it very hard to vote on. I wasn't sure who would win this and it was hard for me to decide who I thought won this as well. Eventually, I ended up tossing a quarter in the air, but this bitch tried to take it and wouldn't let it land on heads or tails. She eventually ended up landing on my head with me landing on her tail later though....

Forrester had a hard hitting verse about a person so focused on his writing, he sacrifices everything else for it. Losing love, family, social life with neglect to all of those things and living in a temple of solitude and isolation where writing accomplishments are all that's left. Getting a Nobel Prize for writing, but no love in his life to share it with..... sadly, this is a common factor that lots of great writers go through. I said in my vote that this reminds me of Thomas Pinchon who wrote Gravity's Rainbow, a book nominated for a Nobel Prize, but was beat by something Toni Morrison wrote. There's a severe isolation in being a great author sometimes that often leads to this kinda life for them. Very realistic protrayal, but the narration was almost emotionless.... writers are usually very emotional so this didn't sit too well with me. The simple flow structure only hurt that more and made the read go very slowly, but content wise, it was nice and that seemed to play the biggest factor in the votes.

Woe had a nice narration with his flow coming off so fresh and so clean clean... and with a different take on love, but the same kind of premise. The love of his life being his pen/writing. The way it was done seemed almost cliche in some ways, but it was nicely narrated and entertaining to read. The scheme of his verse was laid out cool as he seemed to use his love for writing as a metaphor for loving 'her' (the cliche thing I was talking about), but talked about cheating on 'her' with other women, which I found kinda delightful and cool to read. Lol, the content was cool, but the ending was eeehhh, not nearly as developed as the rest of the verse was and I think that's what costed him the match to Forrester. I think if this was ended on a stronger note, it would of went better off for the voters and this match would be looking different. Regardless though, this was a good verse. I liked the character development more too cuz there was more of an emotional connection through it all to me as this love/hate relationship with writing was made the primary thesis. The verse started nice and had good flow throughout, but things started to fall lower in the other writing elements as it got towards the end.

That's why I think Forrester won this match....

2. Cereal Killer V. Vigil
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1002169

This was one of the matches I was waiting to read all week. Most of us know the strengths in both of these writers and know that they're both x champs so it could get really interesting.

Cereal Killer has always had some of the best creative ideas that this league has seen. Just an original thinking guy and the ways he paints out a story is always a pleasure to read. His verse was an array of nice imagery and face a crazy ass character light in the development of this verse. You could tell this character he was narrating through had some issues to say the least from the start when he said.... he was elevated through pain. S and M type shit seemingly, but it didn't really reach that point, not til the end at least. He went on kinda slowly in this, but with an ending that appeared to not shock me because he set up the character well to take a path down insanity lane. The flow still needs work to keep the narration elevated with more than pain. lmao, all good though man. Good to see you back and competing again with that crazy ass writing of yours.

Vigil came into this league witha witty sense of humor and nice rhyming format that got him attention and I should know cuz one of his first matches in this league was with one of my many aliases (is that a word). He was able to climb to the top and get his recognition though with grabbing a title and then getting another one shortly after, I think..... don't quote me.... but anyway, this week his verse was pretty nice. I was told that the metaphor he used was one that was previously used, but I'm sure it's just a coincidence. hahaha *hides verses in safe deposit box* just kidding man. This display had a nice metaphorical theme though and the narration was strong to capture the focus of the readers. His flow was nice too in this and so was his message that the thing most people, especially people in poverty, may look forward to is death because life has been so stressful. Well said and nicely put together man.

Vigil took this one with a more powerful message and narration with great flow. Good shit from you both though.
    test
  3. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

1. MATCH OF THE WEEK
    Atheist V. Adderal XR 30
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1002174

Fuck Yall
    You fools had to give a mandatory contender's match for voting some great efforts and now I gotta break downeach element closely just to see who really won this.... her we go. This was what I had to use to vote on this match. Detailing how every element of writing was put together in your pieces.

Narration/Writer's Voice and Flow
    Both of you used strong writer's voices with nice flow structures through most of it all. The imagery you both used helped out the stories as they continued. Adderal had a better use of words in this I think, which elevated his verse. Atheist had a great sequence of dialogue, which is hard to do naturally sounding like with flow. Kinda hard to call, but I think Adderal edged out on top in that area.

Sequencing Events and Movement of the Verses
    This was what I found great in both of your pieces. Your stories came out and flowed nicely, not just in rhymes though, but in the way that everything happened to bring it all together. Atheist, your setup of love started it and the fight sequence that ended it were all brought together in great form. Adderal, also using the love set start, but metaphorically as it sets the stage for a nice symphony and great ending. I think that Atheist's ending with the great dialogue put him ahead a lil bit though.

Entertaining, Appealing Content and Format
    Another element done good by both. By the time I get to here, I just wanna slap the girl that took my quarter and flip it again, but I kept breaking it down. Atheist, you always display dialogue well and I've come to like that from you. The imagery you used also made your piece a more enjoyable read as the reader can visualize on your words getting graphic in nature. Adderal, the way you put that scene of the music playing was masterful. The diction, no pun intended, and portrayal of muscicians ( I know I spelled that wrong huh) doin da damn was great and followed a nice ending. The endings made the deciding factor, but I loved both endings so this was hard as fuck to decide.... but after thinking long and hard, the dic finally busted a decision nut. Atheist's use of a compelling fight scene with an arguement steaming within it was nice, but Adderall's nice symphone of destruction plot was great too. Atheist got that though, just a tiny bit more appealing in the way he ended.

Atheist ends up winning this match, but be on the look out for Adderall cuz the guy is definately champ material. There were other elements used too, but with those that I've highlighted, Atheist had the slight advantage.

Great shit people and keep it up
    test
  4. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

RSTL…. The Good and Bad, The New and Old and Everything In Between

We’ve had our issues with the league being shut down, not really having some Mods that were putting their strong efforts into maintaining the league’s integrity and other shit, but with your help, we can make this fucking place be as strong as we remember way back. You members are the key to making that happen. I can only give you my efforts to keep everything running smoothly with the mod tasks taken care of weekly, but showing up with great reading verses, nice break downs in votes, good sportsmanship in both losses and wins (although I don’t mind beef too. hhmmm, beef *rubs tummy*) are all things that I must rely on you to give to the league. Moding Pent and Tali will help in improving the management side of the RSTL, but there’s still a lot more that we need to do.

If you know any great topical/story telling writers, I have no idea why you’re not bringing them here already because my work won’t stop in making shit better so they will be welcomed to our lil online family. We need some new blood in here basically. I like the old Vets when they come back and having Calloused back, although I’m sure he has no idea who I am, is a definite great addition, but there’s a lot of people out there who have just shyed away from our league because of petty things I’m sure they’ve heard about in the past. All of that bullshit is over and that’s my promise….. Biters will be caught cuz I’m a fuckin hawk in catching them and punishing them to the fullest extent of my powers, which will be being banned from the site if I get Venom’s approval, bitching in match threads will not be allowed as stated in the new rules, topics will be given a diverse background for writers to tap their creativity and ranks, RSTL magazines, matches and all other shit will be done in a timely manner to keep everyone satisfied with the performance of the league. What else could you ask for? A tournament maybe? Got that shit taken care of too…..

With the new upcoming Tag Team Tournament, I’m hoping to spark some fire in people that hasn’t been seen in years. When I thought of doing this, I thought it wasn’t something that had been tried, but I found it was attempted in the past and just failed to be successful…. It will be successful this time because I don’t do failure and the rules I’m implementing will assure that there are no no shows and everyone will have a challenging time in progressing to higher ranks and matches along the way.

Old members are always coming back to give another try in the league and that’s always welcomed as well as great to see because I like remembering the old Vets that were and are great writers. I hope we can still get some of those RSTLers back in here, but I want to focus more on getting people that haven’t been in our league so we can show them how much this league has matured… lmao, really though. We have severe flowers, mature content writers, developed dialogues in verses, nice stories and topical all around with emphasis on improving the standards of writing weekly. We all want a change to get a title or another title in some instances, but it’s always better when you have to fight your way through tough matches and powerful ranks with skilled writers to get there…. Just makes you feel more appreciated when you earn it like that and makes the league stronger as well with all the writers loving the efforts of all the members participating to make it the greatest place to write.

New rules have been put in place to assure some of this can happen like my mandatory Champ and Contender Match voting for everyone, even no shows. This is to encourage everyone to read the highest ranking verse writers in our league and show them the appreciation of writing some well thought out pieces to achieve that title victory that they are going for. If you were in a Champ Match, you’d want more votes right? Now, you’ll have them because if people don’t vote in those matches, they will not elevate in the ranks. They will receive the win if they’ve earned it, but their ranking will remain the same as a consequence of not showing the deserved respect to our high ranking members.

The Tag Tournament will be starting next week so I hope you all are ready with your partners… I see some people still looking around for who they will team up with and if you’re having trouble finding a team mate, I can only suggest that you start pulling people you know from other sites, in your personal life, wherever you can find em and get em signed into the league and into the tournament. I wanted 4 more teams before I started this, but 20 teams is a good amount for me to start it off and I’ve had signups open for 2 weeks with no additions in several days so I’m not sure if there’s gonna be much more to add anyway. There’s some nice RBLers that I know write great topicals as well so you might want to look there first if you haven’t already. I’m sure they’d love to beat some RSTL Vets just for bragging rights alone then dance back off to their savage line punching league… lol

The future of this league isn’t just on me to make better though, that’s my point…. It’s gonna take some doing from everyone to show up to their matches, vote on time with good break downs and getting your online friends to sign up and compete so we have something that we will all look forward week in and week out. I’m here to help with whatever I can and I know you understand that I have and will do a lot for this place because I love you ninjas….

*reaches for tissue and sings… WE SHALL OVERCOME…… WE SHALL OVERCOME…. SOME DAAAAYYY AAAYYY AAAYY AAYYYY… OH OOOOH OOOOH, WE SHALL OVERCOME *

(can’t remember all the lyrics to that song, somebody help ya boy out and sing along.)
    test
  5. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

DUE TO TECHNACAL DIFFICULTIES, MY INTERVIEW WITH TALI ISN'T AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT, BUT MAY APPEAR IF I CAN GET TO IT LATER.
    test
  6. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

TOP 5 VERSES OF THE WEEK
    By Pent Up

brought to you in part, by claws' whining

Vigil lands this spot with a drawn out verse that starts as a metaphor about snakes in comparison to a poverty stricken state ruled by corrupt government described through decent flow and a nice string of multis which were occasionally broken up abruptly by an attempt to prolong said multis. The driving force behind this verse, the reason it made the top five, and what Vigil is best appreciated for are the one liners provided in this verse that pieced and glued its structural defecit together.
    Such lines as
    'where civilians are known as civil villans so they'll never stop killin'
    And
    'Where blood is like oil, creating a pollution of mind'

Creating a swamp of metaphorical imagery for you to get dirty in vigil signed back in looking like he's hungry for the title, watch out competitors because once this young mind is sharpened it will leave you bleeding in the mud

Now the reason why a verse with such promising is so far back on my list is his ending, two main things I didn't like about it, it was drawn out, and it didn't connect with the metaphor he opened up with. Dope drop get ur friends to join

This kid is fucked up, always writing imagery twisted, deranged idea, mind fucking stories. He spits topicals too but he is a true vet to the original meaning of the RSTL. This week Cereal Killer drops a verse about the twisted verse about your favorite family member
    click to find out who.

He came through to the number four spot this week for this particular reason, WORDING. If he wasn't so down under about his word choice I'm sure he'd have won and gotten a higher spot, however, his inconsistant attempt at wording everything in a manner that combines an internal rhyme scheme, vividly horrific imagery, multis (which are a definite improvement for him from his previous multis) and a naturally poetic narrators voice causes his piece to dilly dally back and forth between intances of poetic genius, stephen king like imagery and faulty delivery. On top of that it also causes him to (more than) occasionally fuck up his wording in a way that makes the reader submit to repeated attempts at figuring out wtf he means. However once past all that if u take a moment to read it all together it really does come together rather nicely. Sort of the aesop rock of the league in a way this week.

Dope drop get ur friends to join

Cumming third in my top5 is this verse about a mormon bitch who couldn't hold her load, or something of that nature. Though some people say Dark Nebula tends to come with a stretched flow, I shake my head at those 'some' who don't anticipate a spitten flow can have inter changing tempos to match beat or emotion. Which is also why I look down upon people who hold text flow on such a high pedestal when voting, as its the most personal of aspects in a verse. This was a verse about a mormon wife looking to escape the confines of a religion she seemingly doesn't like(then again I don't know much about mormony, or w/e). I don wanna give away the plot or twist but a very visual verse balanced with long
    syllable multis and a natural flow. a recommended verse from me peep out
    at
    http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=1002176

See how dope it is and tell ur friends to come and contend

From my personal favorite match this week comes my top 2

Aderall, Mr ritilan himself constantly jumping back and forth from music to love. Maybe it was his love for music that made him write this? Either way this was a piece about music inspired by love, or lack there of, as from what I gather from the story the conductor is the husband who loses his wife. The reason I'm giving away the storyline is because its rather empty, in story, however filled with such a metaphor between a symphony and a relationship and though its hard to describe the relationship as a whole and compare it to an orchestra, while keeping it 60 lines long. So my hat goes off to this verse, e••••ially since he seamed a wonderful flow with a crazy large rhyme scheme, now most people would think 'so what' to that description, and I agree, its something you MUST read (especially if u wasted ur time reading this, go redeem yourself). This was written in such a manner that one must expierence by themselves, so go here

and read that shiiiiiiiiiit by adderall xr 30 Who needs to get his friends to join the league and Who almost deserves the number one spot but unfortunate because the person Adderal faced is..............

1. Verse of The Week
    Athiest, a very well known and respected writer in the league making his return, and if next week is anything like this week, is heading for another title, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. Athe dropped a piece about a guy who's in love with a hooker. But this was no ordinary topical about a guy who can't get any and loves a hooker instead. No, this is a story about a guy who's in love with a hooker so he calls on her a lot, and something happens, I won't say what even though its kinda forseeable. So you ask why I ranked him this high if it wasn't mind blowingly unexpected shit...the writing I reply to you... the way Athe strings line to line makes it read like a moivie scene, u almost forget it rhymes, and speaking of which the rhymes he uses are so eloquently contructed. He makes each line so smooth and well manifested with imagery that makes it come to life. Athe really makes his imagery come to life as it seeps line to line with his naturalistic flow and
    storytelling.

Very close match that was​

And I'm sure you or your friends can hang too, well maybe I'm wrong but, you should at least bother them to sign up and show. Honestly, I love readin verses (not voting, reading'em) and being inspired or bombarded with emotion, or shocked, or surprised or even agreeing. The only thing I hold higher is writing a verse that I hope people enjoy reading and discussing. So please encourage friends to join, crew to join, help the rstl prosper, because without you the rstl is as good as a verse without rhyme. Pz fools

[​IMG]
    test
  7. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

Brief, but sweet.... My apologies to Tali for not being able to post our interview... It was a good interview too. It'll get posted sooner or later though. My sidekick phone is just having some issues right now.
    test
  8. HellRzah

HellRzah PurE EviL

coo' ish
    nice work
    test
  9. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Born with Pain

test
  10. Annihilation

Annihilation CLAUS HOUSE

adderal isnt new he's already a champ

pent up keep reppin' that gay pride
    test
  11. Adderall XR 30

Adderall XR 30 New Member

I am a nobody.

Stop making such foolish statements.
    test
  12. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

I didnt put that in, dic did
    test
  13. Vigil

Vigil Im infinite consciousness

dope mag, the breakdowns were heavy in detail.

And my verse was about Palestine/Israel. I made several references, 'a political state created to discriminate and engage in actions that make its existence a pitiful hate' being Israle. I aslo had a line about the promised land, and talked about oil and basically the title was in reference to the brainwashing that's going on in muslim and jewish schools. Muslim clergies are telling young youth to welcome death, so just being born in that region you're being told that death is good thing early on. And also alot of children died in the lebanon conflict.

My verse wasn't about proverty or bad governments whatsoever, but I apreciate the feed. And I agree pent, my ending was boring, I just added those last lines just to somehow make it different from last week when I first posted that verse.

Anyways, this mag was a damn good read.
    test
  14. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

huh...yea...

was lookin to read the interview...

nothing else really of interest here...
    test
  15. Urizen

Urizen I hate humans

nice job son
    test
  16. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

fantastic work yet again, dic.

and who is adderal?

don't really care if he's an alias, the chap is skillful.
    test
  17. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

If Adderall wants to reveal who he is, that's on him

It's really not a choice for Clauz to be making selfish ass chump, but whatever.... mothafuckas need to mind their own damn business in this bitch.

lmao @ lifeless thinking he's any kinda scarface.... just cuz you get your face beat and cut up on a reg basis, doesn't make you a gangsta

you're just RSTLs whipping boy..... you ever read that book? try it, its a good book.
    test
  18. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

by the way, you are nearly on the right track of spelling my name correctly, right up until you dropped my name as the verse of the week, lol.

you're getting there though, and progress is key.

i'm so torn whether to write part ii of my verse that i dropped last week or save it for another week, cause there are some killer topics this week.
    test
  19. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

All good... I'm done already writing mine. so whenever you're ready, give me a holla. I was inspired yesterday.

I guess I could write a couple more though. Do ya thang man
    test
  20. DiC GeTs GuLLy

DiC GeTs GuLLy Hello

i can use my psp for this
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.