the reason television is shit

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Teqzi||a, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teqzi||a

Teqzi||a yellow-bellied coward

is not because companies are only interested in appealing to demographics, its because they dont know how to appeal to demographics. Theyll look at the youth demographic and say "hey, studies have shown that young people like britney spears, skateboarding and working out". They then commision a show incorporating all these elements thinking it'll appeal to britney spears fans, skateboarders and the fitness conscious when in fact all it appeals to are bodybuilders who like to listen to britney when they skate.

Its the equivalent of saying "well lots of people like steak and lots of people like ice cream, if we make a steak flavoured ice cream we will dominate the marketplace!"
    test
  2. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

its because none of the major networks will give me my own show.

but word@the truth in that post
    test
  3. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

a bigger problem is that people complain that there is nothing good on tv, and yet people, on average, watch more tv now than they ever did before [at least in the u.s.], so there's no incentive to improve the quality, as people will watch regardless of what's on
    test
  4. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

^the people who complain theres nothing on tv arent watching as much as the people who dont. also, the people who do watch tv a lot and still complain have either gotten tivo,or on demand.
    test
  5. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

censorship is the problem i tell you.... people nowadays are too fucking sensitive.
    test
  6. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

True say. It makes it so much worse that 'urban' has been stupidly oversaturated.
    test
  7. Toucan_Sam1

Toucan_Sam1 aka 2can Shakur

Blame Survivor.

They started this whole "reality tv" crap.

Besides....fuck Britney, Jamie Lynn Spears is the future. I'd beat that smooth pre-teen pussy so hard till she starts coughing cream.
    [​IMG]
    test
  8. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

I agree, this is one of the main reasons shit television is shit.

The reason is you think all television is shit is probably because you're not watching the good stuff that's on.
    test
  9. Teqzi||a

Teqzi||a yellow-bellied coward

^You may be content to watch repeats of angel on sky two. I am a man of more discerning tastes. The only good things on tv now are the apprentice and neighbours.
    test
  10. Riz

Riz Well-Known Member

The Apprentice
    Prison Break
    Lost
    The Sopranos
    Justice League Unlimited

Plus more I'm forgetting. And, oh yeah, Angel repeats on Sky Two.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.