The real Intellectuals (Riz, McGirth, Soultan, Sun Zoo, etc.) - My book continues!

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by Ghet for Prez, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McGirth

McGirth New Member

Right, and that society-wide fear is warranted by experience/reality. Testing of stuff is nothing new. Its why we have organizations like the FDA. Sure, some nut jobs and the imprudent say stuff like "we should just get the drugs immediately without testing trials first!" "whats to fear" "it can only do good", but they are outsiders in the field whose opinions are rightly ignored.

also the decision to go all out with tech is based on fear as well. The fear of losing power to other states, which is clear from your posts. This fear is irrational, for reasons i already mentioned (i.e. tech adv of the West)

Actually the most common charge leveled at marxists is that they want change too quickly as opposed to conservatives who still allow for change but are more prudent. I can see your technologist view being implicitly meshed together with radical Marxism. [i.e. we need to transform human nature! we need to act by positive acts and not let things unfold!]. In fact there was a marxist technologist i heard speak, i can't recall her name... anyway, her arguments were similar to yours.
    test
  2. My fear is not loss of power to other states. That society wide fear is made possible because of our current stance on how we review and expect laws and rights and all human behavoir to operate. Those laws are fueled, eternally, by the unseperate (and worthless) bond between Humanism and Marxism in the West.

Marxist Posthumanists are evil people. They wish to use emergent technology to further their almost 200 year old and outdated cause and change human nature to be more docile. They've already started with the behavorial modification drugs. Hell, if they had their way, we wouldn't even need gene manipulation to get their goals done. They'll just keep making Prozac more and more potent and sell it via market forces. And people keep buying into that shit.

My true fear, which is revealed very early in the book between an argument between John Maelzel (figure out the historical importance of that name) and the then head of the SIAI, Edgar. Edgar expresses concern for John's desire to hurry along with AI development. Edgar accuses John of playing God and throwing caution into the wind by wanting to develop an AI without contemporary moral concerns. (A big deal for SIAI) John responds by saying that Communism was the apex of the Humanist revolution, but since this is the Posthumanist revolution, there is no point in creating an intelligence whose massive wherewithal is designed to essentially mimic and puppet moral concerns of Western society as a Public Relations tool to say "See! Look! Even the non-human machine agrees that you are too cruel!"

And, of course, John calls him a radical. Blah blah blah. Way to go, McGirth. You're entire argument is on pages 13-17.

That is exactly what the concern is: That Posthumanism technology will only be designed to mimic Humanist/Marxist causes (evolutionary anthropomorphism) in a world where Posthumanism (custom anthropomorphism) is rapidly becoming an option.
    test
  3. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

feaible enough.

(sorry this is a billion years late. I haven't been in here in a while. I was in China and shit.)
    test
  4. Sodium

Sodium I Get Computers Putin'

what you do in china?
    test
  5. Sun Zoo

Sun Zoo Speech is my Hammer

studied chinese, mostly.
    test
  6. coo coo

I'll just have to explain things simply and carefully and be very consistant.
    test
  7. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

It sounds like The Truth Machine for the 2k's.
    test
  8. McGirth

McGirth New Member

agree posthumanist marxists are evil.
    I look forward to reading your book.
    test
  9. Yeah Bud

Yeah Bud New Member

Are only real intellectuals allowed to read your book?
    test
  10. Yahunyahti

Yahunyahti New Member

No, but they'll be the only ones who believe it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.