The RBL Mag: Back In Action!

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by FórmÅl LôGíc, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

The RBL Mag: Back In Action​

- Intro -
    - Time For Something New -
    - Top 30 Punches -
    - Bottom 30 Punches -
    - Top 10 Re-Cap -
    - Power Rankings -
    - Outro -

- Intro -

Yeah, yeah, no mag lately, blah, blah, yadda, yadda. For one you guys shouldn’t be in a league just for some internet magazine. I understand you guys love them, but don’t center your being in the league around it. And yeah, sorry, for not doing a mag last week, isn’t much I can do about power being out, and internet connection fucking up, so if it happens again bare with me. Although Im being a bit of an ass right now, Im really doing it because you guys need to realize people do this whole site, especially the leagues in their spare time, that they could do whatever else they want, but choose to keep this going for you guys. So when we have to read 30 threads bitching about something not being up or your rank not being exactly how you like it, it doesn’t help us, or motivate us to speed anything up for you. If you have something wrong, get us on aim, get us in PM’s, or just keep it to yourself and deal with it. Other than that, the last two weeks have been pretty good, I must say. Not a lot of no shows, and not much bullshit verses. There’s been some nice battles I must say. But then again there’s been some bullshit, 4 line verse battles, which we all know is so damn annoying to see. Top 30 is still looking strong, with some top guys signing in, to make a run for the title again. Thank you to them for keeping the league competitive and strong. Another thank you to all the people that tried helping out with league instead of making threads complaining about it, we, the mod squad, appreciate that show of gratitude. And one more thanks to Demik, User, and Oz for keeping the league running, and not leaving me to do it all by myself. Moving on, this week’s battles look pretty damn nice, and hopefully you guys make it that way by showing. So, to sum it all up, you guys do what you have to do, and Ill do what I have to do.

- Time For Something New -

You know some people don’t like change, and then some love it. Not sure what any of you guys are, but I know I like to try new things out every now and again. So Im left to ask myself, and well you guys, what the hell we can do, to bring some kind of funk to the league. Oz had an actual really good idea of giving away 100 points to anyone who can break Calefaction’s record of 16-0, starting from 10-0 or lower. Resin’s close at 13-0 and Richard Corey is close at 12-0. But that doesn’t mean they will, so I also challenge you guys to trying and break that record. Looks kind of easy, but Ill be the first to say you’re wrong. Either way it’s worth a try, so you people who think you can, please do. Now Ive got a few ideas myself, and Ill probably make a pool next week, if I have a few more idea’s given to me or thought of. But one of them goes a little something like this: Since voting or lack there of has always been a little problem, I decided it’d be better to reward you guys with something, instead of reprimand you for not voting. So, I thought for the top 3 people who vote on the most battles, Id give you an extra win. Don’t hold me against that, cause Im not sure if Oz will go for it, but it’s an idea. So the idea is, vote on as many battles as you can, make sure they’re good votes, because I will check, and post the links in your thread, Ill give you an extra win. So if you’re 9-2 and are in top 3 of voting, and also win, you’ll 11-2 the next week. And say you’re 5-0 and lose but are in the top 3 of voting, you’ll be 6-1 the next week. Again I state this is just an idea about the the whole wins thing, but if Oz doesn’t go along with it, then Im defiantly going keep the idea of top 3 voters, but give away points instead, not sure how many, but enough. Another idea I had was something to do with writing top punches, and/or verses. In the next weeks I may start polling each week, about who had the best verse of the week. And whoever had the best verse, judged by your votes, Id give some points away. The same idea kind of applied to punches. If you had a top punch of the week, Id give away 2 points to each person, and whoever had the most top punches at the end of the month, Id give a certain amount of points. This also could incorporate an extra win if Oz agrees. But these are merely ideas right now, dumb or not. But I do need you guys to give me some more, so I can make that poll, and hopefully in the next few weeks, one of the ideas can be put into action. So please, aim me with some idea’s, I promise Ill sort of listen. [teet]​
    test
  2. FórmÅl LôGíc

Top 30 Punches

10. But dude can be gutter…and I ain’t lyin’
    Strays wiz by his head daily,
    but that’s when he sleeps to close to the fire hydrant - Richard Corey

9. You're nobody, My prose is strong you picturing me;
    While you lift weights to strengthen your figure of speech/ - Wyld Card

8. weakness will show fag & i can tell it's on, wake up
    u've put on more fuckin brave-fronts, than mel gibson in make up - Rhymenstein

7. i'll go wit played shit, this way i can confuse yall
    list punches are gay,
    so supers richard simmons, elton john n rupaul - Scientz

6. could won if I no showed, for real mother fucker I could
    climbed a latter to your skill level.. yeah, I was up to no good - Iglos

5. first bar is 10 yards, then second an short, finally third and long
    cuz that 3rd bar is always a line previously scripted
    were now seeing the watered down version of the previously gifted
    and how's he original, this hack writer that dumb
    to claim its his style
    when he started wit boxed verses till rudge beat him with this exact one - Headless Verseman

4. audio and text are different, if you knew that, no disrespect
    in audio you wanna be played, you musta forgot that this is text - Premonition

3. Wants to be mod, but the thought bugs half these jerks
    But top 10 with that record? I guess makin the ranks DOES have its perks
    matter fact, fuck your rankings, i think we know who keys best geek..
    this shit is funny, he left out all the ranks he'll be in between next week - Living Proof

2. ^Now check that line. Cuz on his way down is forever rough
    Gravity prefers Sprite. It hates to see this 7 Up.
    & I seen that Chino line. So stp testin, shark
    Plus ya nose so Why'd it should be punctuated with a question mark. - Resin

1. fuck the environment.. what does it mean to me?
    just that tossin' this white trash out my cars not a thing to me
    hes a broke bitch, with a wardrobe thats sloppy faggot
    Good Will huntings a good movie..
    but not good enough to turn into a shopping habit - Spooky Tooth

Bottom 30 Punches

9. U fuckin suck..and your a bitch son/
    Been on Explorer` so long..
    hes waiting for Internet Expedition/ - Muffffy

8. In this battle you'll be torn in half
    dudes verse is like a retard..
    you feel sorry for it, but you cant help but laugh - Lil Hot Sauce

7. Yea, i steppin with him, too ill? well you dont rep the image
    I can see your name is constant too bad your record isn’t - Neon Nathan

6. She's wack at rap...couldn't spit a hot line with a flame thrower
    Audio? Nope. Path has no tracks, but s still run the train on her... - Silencer

5. Beat you down man. I'm like Stan lee son ya won't stop this
    Now watch me make Omega Red like I worked for Marvel Comics - Noble

4. You cant see me in text, allow me to finish what you started
    Leave Tony split 3 ways,. . . . . . . .like them old r & b artists - Will S. Unyu

3. this rook is slumped and ya world'll crumble when i fist ya dome
    cuz yur buliding for success looks more like a government assisted home - Oliver Thenet

2. With a period to make it blunt, now he'll get smoked w/ these mags.
    I know you'd love top 30, but i'll leave your High hopes in Rehab. - John Hensley

1. When it comes to giving pleasure, this kids useless
    Cuz when you try to adore chicks, they'll exit through it - Pav
    test
  3. FórmÅl LôGíc

- Top 10 Re-Cap -

9. EYE-Z 9-1 vs 10. OchOa 9-3

This battle end up being pretty one sided. OchOa signed back in, and showed he was a bit rusty, after leaving the league months ago. OchOa was someone to be recognized when he initially started out in the league, but Eye-Z aka Bobby D showed him and well us, that O, isn’t as good as he used to be. Eye-Z swept the votes with a nice verse, not exactly the “Damn” we/I expect from him, but good enough to beat O none the less.

Winner - Eye-Z

7. Headless Verseman 16-3 vs 8. Resin 12-0

I personally thought this was the battle of the week. Headless came out strong, to prove to us all he still has what it takes to win. Taking a different approach, he surprised most with, he seemed to have it in the bag. But Resin, as we all know, is no joke. He came out an impressed as well. He used his often imitated but never duplicated style of wordplay, and out to embarrass you kind of punches. Votes went back in forth, and each had the lead at one time. These two should us why we revere them, and why we fear to battle them. And as the battle of the week, it really had the perfect end, with a 6-6 tie.

Winner - Tie

5. Living Proof 7-0 vs 6. Rhymenstein 6-1
    This wasn’t a bad battle either. Rhyme and Demik are two older heads, that have proved themselves pretty well in the past. Rhyme though didn’t seem to be the old Rhyme that people would hate to battle. He didn’t have a bad verse, but it wasn’t what Im used to seeing from him. And well Demik exposed that this week. He hasn’t fell off at all either, he still runs through competition. Demik wrote a very solid verse, with nice personals along with some good concepts, that led to strong punches. The battle ended up being kind of one sided in the end but still a good battle to read none the less.

Winner - Living Proof

RBL Contendership: 3. Aura 8-0 vs 4. Iglos 10-2

I personally didn’t like this battle much, not because of the battles but because of the voting. Aura wrote a quick verse, with a good line or two, and well even said himself. Iglos wrote a longer verse, with a few nice punches as well. Not the battle I expected but a nice one. Iglos though ended up losing, due to some ridiculous voting. Not sure if people are dickriding, hardcore, or people just don’t know how to vote. Either way, Iglos in my eyes should have won this battle, but I cant really do much about a voters opinion. A good battle, bad voting.

Winner - Aura

RBL Championship 1. BlackDef 12-2 vs 2. Richard Corey 11-0

Another battle that on paper looked good, but really wasn’t as good as I though it’d be. Both didn’t come or seem to come as hard they could. I know Ive seen better from both, so I was little disappointed that they wouldn’t do so in the Champ Match. Again the ending fitted pretty well with the whole entire battle. Both have a chance to prove that they can write better than they did last week.

Winner - Tie
    test
  4. FórmÅl LôGíc

- Power Rankings -

10. Etch Is A G - This kid nice, no doubt about that, but the think I doubt is if he can compete with the top, top guys of the league. He’s been lucky with some no shows, but he’s also proven himself with some nice verses, and bottom 30 top punches in the past. He’s got Super this week, who, I believe will no show, leaving him to prove himself the week after. Im sure he can write, Im not sure if he can write better than the likes of Demik, Spooky Tooth, Ideal, Imperial, and etc. In the end he’s really going to have to just prove to me he’s the real deal.

9. Spit That - Spit’s another one of those on the edge. He’s can write pretty well, and has beat some nice heads, but has had some luck with no shows, and such. He like Etch has something to prove to me next week, and believe Spooky isn’t any roll over. If Spit can win, he’ll defiantly move on up in the ranks.

8. Iglos - Underrated? Maybe. Good writer? Yes. Unlucky? Oh yeah. Iglos is coming off a tough loss, and he needs to shove his resolve. Last few weeks he’s had some nice verses, not exactly spectacular but good verses. He’s got a nice alias to go up against in Joey Donuts, but if he can show he can bounce back from a tough loss by winning this week, he’ll get a better ranking most defiantly.

7. Eye Z - He’d be ranked a little higher if he went through the league going 10-1, instead of signing back in at 9-1 Im guessing. But that doesn’t mean he isn’t good. Boddy D, Eye- Z, whatever you know him as isn’t someone to look by, and he proved that this week beating OchOa, pretty easily. He came to league to win, and Im sure he’ll do so. If he can beat Scientz this week, he’ll be top 5 without a doubt. He gets the #7 spot not because he isn’t good, but because he didn’t sign in 0-0 and have to go through what a lot people do.

6. Headless Verseman - Same applies to Headless as it does to Eye-Z. We all know Headless is nasty with it, but we don’t all know is if he still is as good as he used to be. He showed he was last week, but does he have the stamina, and perseverance to keep winning. He like Eye-Z signed back in a week or two ago, and has a pretty easy ride to where he is. He can win, I know, you know that, well know that. But this week he’s going to have prove it again against Living Proof aka Demik. If he can win, he will move up.

5. Spooky Tooth - Who’s Spooky Tooth most of you are probably asking yourself. Well, for one, he had the top punch of the week, and well the kids pretty damn nice with it. At 7-1 he’s beat some top guys, and has a no show or two, but still the kid proves himself wek in and week out, with consistently original punches and verses. He’s no little run over newbie, he may be new to league, but he knows what he’s doing. He’s got Spit That this week, a top 10 guy on the edge. Will he push him off or let him hang. Its all on Spooky to do what he does, and win.

4. Premonition - Monster is fa show wit it! He’s creeping up the ranks slowly with his 6-0 record, and he doesn’t look like he’s going to stop soon. Yeah he’s ranked 16th, blah. He’s had 6 consecutive, consistent, and creative verses. He can flat out beat heads, and wont think twice about leaving them behind. He’s got another alias in Roadblock, who’s an impressive 7-0, so Prem’s going to have to prove his worth in my type 5 this week by beating him.

3. Blackdef - The man is as consistent as it gets. He’s got a nicely polished record of 14-2, and has managed to defend his title, well kind of. He came up a little short by ending up in a tie with Richard Corey last week. His verses have seemed a little ehh, as if he doesn’t care lately. But I know he can write some real original punches, but he has to prove that to me this week. He’d be the #1 if it wasn’t for his lack luster showing last week. But all he needs is that one win to prove he’s #1.

2. Living Proof - Demik is to me the man on a rampage, the man who seems pretty unstoppable right now. He’s in the Contedership Match this week, with a real nice record of 8-0, and beating Rhyme with ease, just gives Proof, all the pun intended, that he can beat top guys like red headed children. If he can beat Headless this week, and then win the title he’ll be #1 for some time, cause I don’t think anyone will knock him off his high horse.

1. Richard Corey - This guy has to be the man of the year. RTSL champion, damn near beating the 6 week record of holding on to the title. And now he comes into the RBL, beats some real tough competition, and gets to the title match at 11-0. He’s 12-0 after his tie last week, and he’s close to beating Cale’s record of 16-0. Seriously can he be stopped on either side of the boards? If he can win this week in the RBL and next, and do the same in the RSTL he’ll be one of the few people to even have a two titles matches in two different leagues, at the same time. Give this kid 3 weeks. He just may be holding both belts. IMAGINE!!

- Outro -

Well, this week looks good, now I just need you guys to make it as good as Im saying. There’s some very competitive battles in the top 30 this week, so people need to go vote, and read them. Other than that I need you guys to give me some other ideas about something new to do, Ive got mine, now give me yours. Other than that, it’s the same thing I always say, read, vote, and please write more than 4 lines. Your mag is back in action, and back in full force. Holla at me!​
    test
  5. Super.

Super. New Member

THIS WAS NICE
    test
  6. Donis

Donis New Member

lol

you cant be an alias if everyone knows who you are
    test
  7. headless verseman

headless verseman JERSEY NUCCUH

i take 6 as a plain insult
    test
  8. FórmÅl LôGíc

You're an alias to me buddy boy. :esko:
    test
  9. Void da Wunda

Void da Wunda So Unoriginal

to bad pav bite that line,
    for the bottom 30 punches.
    test
  10. Con God

Con God New Member

that polling for the best verse sounds like a nice idea

good mag... nice to see shits back in order, people just might start back giving a fuck
    test
  11. Haides

Haides All In That A$$

maybe I'm being too cocky or something... But I think a few of my lines were better then some of those lines in the bottom top 30....
    test
  12. ill pav

ill pav New Member

I didnt bite shieeeeeeeet
    I flipped it from one of my previous battles at 411

"when you try to adore chicks, they'll end up playin nicki"
    or somethin

HATERS.
    test
  13. The Bionic MC

The Bionic MC New Member

yep..........
    test
  14. FórmÅl LôGíc

Well thats you think that. I didnt think any lines were very good. Tell you truth the bottom 30 blew ass this week.
    test
  15. ill pav

ill pav New Member

^Yea
    cept me
    test
  16. Kryogenix

Kryogenix New Member

^how the hell did we blow you?
    @formal
    test
  17. BlueyeZ

BlueyeZ My Liver Hurts

lol..
    test
  18. Dr.Cause

Dr.Cause Peep The Sig

getting a extra win for voting?
    that might as well be called

"Congrats your the biggest netcee award"
    test
  19. -silencer-

-silencer- shut up

'bout time I got quoted...haha

nice mag
    test
  20. J Dot C

J Dot C 1x RBL Champion

When it comes to giving pleasure, this kids useless
    Cuz when you try to adore chicks, they'll exit through it
    -Pav

Ya rhymes overthrown, brothers slicin on X quick
    While the girls would really love, Adore.. or any other type of exit…
    -outwrite (used in RTM's '03 Classic)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.