The Parable of Lazarus (Luke 16:19-31)

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Coup d'état, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I wrote this up on another site, figured I'd share it here.

When I was a student under mainline Christian church philosophy every time the parable of Lazarus in Luke 16 came up I was completely dumbfounded and could not understand the meaning of such things...as it is very contrary to the truth and aligns with a pagan mindset.

This parable, in truth, actually teaches against the doctrine of the pagan mainstream church. Many false teachers and pimps up on Sunday pulpits teach that this parable is scripture to confirm you go to Christian heaven when you die, up in the sky. And the way to get there is shelling out $$$ to be seen of men either in the 500 dollar donation line, the 1000 dollar donation line or in the under 100 dollar line of the unbelieving- little faith people with no love of prosperity. *sarcasm*(LOL). Tithing is good y'all, support your teachers. They need it. (I'm not kicking against tithing righteous Ysraelite teachers).

Teaching you go to Christian heaven where you play hide and seek in and around the planets is wrong (I know a christian that teaches this) The earth was created to be inhabited forever, and not only does this parable teach contrary to that pagan doctrine, it also sheds light on many other truths. Truths that are not being taught in the pagan world of chrsitanity...let's look into this parable brothers and sisters of Ysrael and Gentiles/heathens alike seeking after truth.

Here in Luke 16:19-31 Yahshua Messiah is speaking to a sect of religious zealots called the Pharisees. Expounding knowledge and understanding in the form of a parable. Fore he taught in parables so Ysraelites on earth with earthly understanding might gain knowledge of heavenly things to in turn teach those in darkenss.

In this parable we glean overstanding on:

-The importance of Torah (making one wise unto salvation)

-The importance of Hebrew Prophets YAHUWAH rose up

-The lake of fire

-The coming Kingdom which shall dwell on earth forever and ever

-Yahshua Messiah came in the volume of the books (so called "Old Testament")

-Faith in YAH and fear at His word/commandments, that He did raise up a Prophet like unto Moses (nobody has an excuse to not have their sins taken away)

//

Luke 16:19-31

There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:

And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,

And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.

And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.

And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.

Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:

For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.

Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.

And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

//

In this parable many analogies were used qutie naturally for teaching. Here is the understanding.

Yahshua is teaching that, Lo, Abraham's bosom is the Kingdom of Heaven or really it's speaking of Yahshua's bosom or Yahshua's ownership in the Kingdom (given to him by Abba YAH upon his completion of his earthly mission). This rich man...well he was in the lake of fire but Yahshua likens it to the grave in this teaching. So poor Lazarus went to the Kingdom and the rich man went to the lake of fire.

The rich man clothed in purple and fine linen received his reward while in the flesh upon the face of the earth and therefore got his reward then. Likewise he did not help out poor Lazarus whom begged at his table desiring to be fed. He was poor and he received his reward in the Kingdom of Yahshua's / Abraham's bosom. The last shall finish first, and the first shall finish last. The Torah teaches love perfected, this is what the laws, commandments and statues ultimately teach us...love or charity. The law hangs on this. Deep.

In the lake of fire, the rich man begs Abraham or in reality Yahshua for some relief, asking if Lazarus can leave the Kingdom and go to the lake of fire (hell/grave) to cool his the rich mans tongue. But Yahshua (Abraham in this parable) says no. This rich man has received his reward already on earth and Lazarus received evil things in his days on earth in the flesh.

And Abraham says (or Yahshua) there is a separation between us (a great gulf fixed). You cannot leave the grave/hell (really the lake of fire) to come here into Abraham's bosom (really the Kingdom of Yahshua. The Kingdom of heaven)

The rich man then asks Abraham (Yahshua) to send Lazarus to his fathers house to warn them (so they can repent and not end up in the lake of fire). He has five brothers that Lazarus could testify unto, giving a first hand witness account of the reality of the lake of fire and the glory of the coming Kingdom. They would believe a first hand eye witness.

But Abraham said (really Yahshua in this parable) "They have Moses and the prophets, let them hear them"

The rich man said "nay father Abraham" (really Yahshua in this parable) but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent" Meaning they would surly believe a first hand witness of the lake of fire and the Kingdom...and they would surely choose the right thing biased of this testimony. Who would not ?

But Abraham (really Yahshua in this parable) said if they believe not the books of Torah and the Hebrew prophets they will not believe even a first hand witness. That is deep. Brother and sisters it's all in the volume of the books. If you do not believe in YAH's salvation you do not believe the Torah or the prophets, for they wrote about these things...
    test
  2. AliceHouse

AliceHouse The House Always Wins

I read all that. Just thought you'd like to know. I have nothing to add or subtract.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Hell and the lake of fire are two different places.

tldr: bulletpoint?
    test
  4. Coup d'état

Let's here your understanding on the two Bigpayback...not challenging ya, I am genuinely curious.
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

heres a parable
    Hell is similar to a holding tank, that u would await trial or sentencing,
    Prior to judgement
    Lake of fire is a destination, it is your sentence, post judgement.

yes both contain an element of fire, yes both are terrible, but no they are not the same.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

can you give a few witness in scriptures to bring out an understanding on what you just said ?

a lot of times something sounds good but is not scriptural.
    test
  7. Coup d'état

if you can think of anything to add post up...there is so much scriptures and precepts to build on this to bring out some more understanding.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

I was just distinguishing the two for u per your request.

Theres plenty of scripture on hell and the lake of fire.
    more than heaven in fact.

but since ur back how bout diggin up some of the threads u left
    in the middle of before we trail off into new topics
    test
  9. Coup d'état

sounds good to me...
    test