"The One the Got Away..."

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Keep flexin! Don't make me come over there ...

And you'se a damn lie. You ain't NEVER kicked MY ass except for that one time, but I wasn't looking, you cheap-shot taking ... nevermind. I got things to do and people to see. [rwa]
    test
  2. amille

amille New Member

not one guy i have had a relationship with has gotten away from me

i'm the one that got away

and they are hating it now
    test
  3. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

LaLa and Mist... I hear what you're saying, but you really dont think timing makes a difference..? Do you feel like you are better at maintaining relationships moreso now than when you were younger..? or that a guy would have a better chance with the LaLa/Mist you are today (with all of the wisdom you have gained throughout the years) than he would have had dealing with you back then..?
    test
  4. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

Good question Tights.

That's hard for me to answer..b/c it's one of those things that you really don't know unless you were really in that situation again. But it's interesting to think about.

Timing does make a difference for me and its the the exact reason you stated...b/c I feel that I am better now at maintaining relationships than I was in the past. The person that I am today, I feel would have been much better with dealing with the one(s) that got away in the past.

It's defintely a wisdom thing for me..and also..an almost learning how to deal with people and the opposite sex in general thing. I can think back to the things that went wrong...and in my mind at least...the solutions are there now. They weren't there back then, at all. I don't dwell on it at all b/c what I have now is so much better than the past..but still...if I just think about it...the answer is there...and it sometimes boggles my mind as to why I didn't know it then..but that's the point of growing up I guess.

We're always "growing up" I guess. I can think of things in my current relationship that went on in the past that I would have handled differently if I only had the wisdom I had now...let alone in the past. A couple of years...a certain experience..one little thing can change everything.
    test
  5. Skrybe

^
    Yeah, like NOT moving halfway across the world. LOL

(Sorry ... personal experiences that led to "one that got away" situations)

You bring up a very important point, though, that I think is handled rather wrongly in the original post, which is that reminiscing on the one that got away does not necessarily mean that you don't have a great relationship with the person that you're with. The original post seemed to lean toward the idea that "that old flame would be perfect, and this one's okay, but whatever. I can try to make it work," which I don't think is a healthy way to look at a relationship - if you plan on keeping that relationship, that is. But then again, this entire thread is more focused on that particular point in time when you're thinking about the one that got away, so I guess you have to do what you have to do to take your mind off of them. I for one can definitely say that I feel much better in my relationship when we are having fun together and just living our lives than during those times when we're focused on "hey, you're not everything I hoped you'd be, but whatever, let's try hard to make it work."
    test
  6. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

their was definitely only one...
    no doubt about it
    it was like she put a curse on me to make me always think of her
    i hate thinking about her...
    test
  7. seraph

seraph New Member

amazing post.

Speechless.

Who wrote that piece of writing. Its beautiful.
    test
  8. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

I received it in an email... I thought it was reall interesting so I wanted to share it :)
    test
  9. DrFeelinFine

DrFeelinFine New Member

but all of them got away
    test
  10. Skrybe

^
    LOL For some reason that was quite funny to me.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.