"The One the Got Away..."

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by tight-eyes, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tight-eyes

tight-eyes Such a F*cking Lady!

"In your life, you'll make note of a lot of people. Ones with whom you shared something special, ones who will always mean something. There's the one you first kissed, the one you first loved, the one you put on a pedestal, the one you're with … and the one that got away.

Who is the one that got away? I guess it's that person with who everything was great, everything was perfect, but the timing was just wrong. There was no fault in the person, there was no flaw in the chemistry, but the cards just didn't fall the right way, I suppose.

I believe in the fact that ending with someone, finding a longtime partner that is, does not lie merely in the other person. I can actually argue that an equal part, or maybe even the greater part, has to do with the matter of timing. It has to do with you being ready to settle down and commit to someone in a way that goes beyond the little niceties of giddy romance.

How often have you gone through it without realizing it? When you're not ready to commit in that mature manner, it doesn't matter who you're with, it just doesn't work. Small problems become big; inconsequentials become deal breakers simply because you're not ready and it shows. It's not that you and the person you're with are no good; it's just that it's not yet right, and little things become the flashpoint of that fact.

Then one day you're ready. You really are. And when this happens you'll be ready to settle down with someone. He or she may not be the most perfect, they might not be the brightest star of romance to ever have burned in your life, but it'll work because you're ready. It'll work because it's the right time and you'll make it work. And it'll make sense, it really will.

So that day comes when you're finally making sense of things, and you find yourself to be a different person. Things are different, your approach is different, you finally understand who you are and what you want, and you've become ready because the time has truly arrived. And mind you, there's no telling when this day will come. Hopefully you're single but you could be in a long-term relationship, you could be married with three kids, it doesn't matter.

All you know is that you've changed, and for some reason, the one that got away, is the first person you think about.

You'll think about them because you'll wonder, "What if they were here today?" You'll wonder, "What if we were together now, with me as I am and not as I was?" That's what the one that got away is. The biggest "What if?" you'll have in your life.

If you're married, you'll just have to accept the fact that the one that got away, got away. Believe me, no matter how fairy tale you think your marriage is, this can happen to the best of us. But hopefully you're mature enough to realize that you're already with the one you're with and this is just another test of your commitment, one which will just strengthen your marriage when you get past it. Sure, you'll think about him/her every so often, but it's alright. It's never nice to live with a "might have been," but it happens.

Maybe the one that got away is the one who's already married. In which case it's the same thing. You just have to accept and know that your memories of that person will probably bring a nice little smile to your lips in the future when you're old and gray and reminiscing. But if neither of that is the case, then it's different. What do you do if it's not yet too late? Simple … find him, find her. Because the very existence of a "the one that got away" means that you'll always wonder, what if you got this one?

Ask him out to coffee, ask her out to a movie, it doesn't matter if you've dropped in from out of nowhere. You'd be surprised, you just might be "the one that got away" as well for the person who is your "the one that got away."

You might drop in from out of nowhere and it won't make a difference. If the timing is finally right, it'll all just fall into place somehow and you know, I'm thinking, it would be a great feeling, in the end, to be able to say to someone, "Hey you, you're the one that almost got away."

**NEVER MAKE SOMEONE A PRIORITY WHEN ALL YOU ARE TO THEM IS AN OPTION**"

i thought this was interesting... any thoughts..?
    test
  2. "The one the got away"

hmm

this phrase doesnt seem to be making sense to me
    test
  3. tight-eyes

replace 'the' with 'that'... as if you didnt already know that
    test
  4. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

^
    And why not? I have one myself from several years ago; a lovely young lady that one of my best friends just so happened to be enamored with. She & I became close friends, and the "what if" factor came into play. I couldn't do that to my boy, though, so now I'm left with this situation. Now that's just one situation where someone could be "the one that got away." I'm sure other people have many different scenarios. Hell, I left the place before the girl did - in a way, leaving her - so for all I know, I could be the one that got away. Perhaps this type of thing never happens for you, but it does for some of us ...
    test
  5. LA_JCain

LA_JCain Royalty and Purity

J. Greene from high school.

Good lawd that boy was the most adorable thing ever, still is. Sexy as all outside. We got along great. Cool friends, helped with schoolwork. And right when I thought he was about to say something to the effect of him liking me like I like him, he backed down and said "never mind." After, I got involved with some other guy that I had NO BUSINESS being with. And when J saw us together in the hallway, his chin kind of hit the floor and he kept walking. Things just weren't the same anymore after that.

I miss him, and hope that we see each other over the holiday breaks when he's back home from school. I'll be sure to tell him that he was my one that got away. Who knows what will happen?
    test
  6. tight-eyes

was that for me?
    test

7. why should i, you didnt
    test
  8. tight-eyes

touche... look - if that typo makes the topic that hard for you to comprehend, either do it or don't... its whatever, man...
    test
  9. Skrybe

Skrybe ConnectedthruaForeignExch

Nah, the other guy.
    test
  10. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

Nice read for sure. Makes a ••••• want to go out and find her, Tiesha...and just rip off all of her clothes and make the sweetest love ever. Oh yes.

But

"But hopefully you're mature enough to realize that you're already with the one you're with and this is just another test of your commitment"

^Real talk
    test
  11. Offbeat

Offbeat New Member

thats coo but im not trying to let this one get away, period
    test
  12. Zero-EX

Zero-EX New Member

the one that got away . . .ahhhh man

timin is evrything . . . i was 2 late for that 1 =*(.
    but i got no doubt she cudda been the 1
    test
  13. MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN

MiSt_Of_CoNfUsIoN Ray of Sunshine

Interesting read. I'm the kinda person that thinks that what is meant to be will be. So if you're meant to be with the one that got away they'll come around again and the cards will fall right this time. Right now I can't think of someone that would be the one that got away for me.. but recent conversations tell me that I am that person for someone that I've dated in the past.. Nice thread, tight-eyes.
    test

14. thanks for the clarification
    test
  15. tight-eyes

thats what i thought... sucka! *flexin*
    test
  16. ^yo ma, u cocky as hell
    test
  17. tight-eyes

"I'll be that" ;-)

Nah... skrybe knows I'm playing with him... hes like a little brother to me... I kick his ass all the time... trust me... its cool.
    test
  18. test
  19. skandelous_lala

skandelous_lala back from the dead

I feel like the one that got away, always got away for a reason..if you you and/or they didn't understand it at the time. Timing is indeed everything. It's always interesting to think what would happen now..but at the same time...I always feel like if it didn't happen then that now wouldn't make much of a difference.

You were who you were back then..there is no changing that. It wasn't just you being you..they were also who they were back then as well. And who knows in what ways they have changed now. You could have less in common than ever before. Or maybe more. Who knows.

The would/could/should have beens are easier to fix IMHO if you go back to that person that you were..I couldn't imagine fixing them as the person you have become.

Old flames are better off left old for a reason..or at least that's how I feel. Sure, reuniting with an old flame works for some people..but not most.
    test
  20. 7thHorseMen

7thHorseMen New Member

he probably lost respect for u as a women , because females do this type of dumb shit all the time, they know who the guy they should be with. But yet they fuck with some dumb that they shouldn't even be fucking with in the first place.

If dude messes with u , it probably be for a booty call , no relationship is gonna get invovled because he knows the type of no good slut u are.

As far for the 1 that got away, I know 2 chicks that I used to mess with want me back ,and they tell me how they will never find someone like me.

Its too bad because once I lose respect for a women , there nothing she can do that regain that respect. So if I'm pursueing u , and u fucking with some lame ass n1gga, more than likely I'm cutting u out the picture, inless I want something from u and once I get what I wanted then I'll cut u out of the picture
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.