The Old Republic, anybody playing?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by OurSin, Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Thoughts?

First MMO i've ever wanted to buy, watching gameplay vids and it seems a lot like Kotor for the xbox as far as story and feel.

don't know anybody playing MMO's though so i would only want to solo through
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

never heard of it, i will look it up and get back to you
    test
  3. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah man looks wicked
    but i am unfamiliar with the term mmo

does that mean kinda like Oblivion/fallout3/skyrim type shit?

if so im there lol
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i remember a game called Jedi Power battles

it was wicked

nobody i know could finish it though cuz the game had a bug at the end that would freeze it
    test
  6. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

you know exactly what it means...don't act dumb, son.

but yeah, it's like those games, but online with other people.

never played an mmo, but i'd be willing to with this one.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i dont for real lol

Im thinking hard and cant even come up with anything that makes sense

i could look it up but dont care that bad, it doesnt matter as long as its like Skyrim/fallout3/oblivion ill play it

if its turn based fuck that wack shit
    test
  8. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

it's free roaming. i can't imagine a turn based online multiplayer.
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

k i looked it up

would never have guessed that

and if id have known what it stood for i dont think i would have asked if it was turn based...

youre right that was dumb
    test
  10. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Massive Multiplayer Online RPG

basically like skyrim but other people are in the game at the same time, they do have some servers that allow competitive multiplayer but for the most part you all go through the game together (or maybe solo not sure cause i've never actually played one)

KOTOR is short for Knights of the old republic, which came out on the original xbox back in the day. One of the best games i ever played
    test
  11. vladhood

vladhood New Member

think of world of warcraft but instead of warcraft it's star wars
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

So nobody on this? It looks dope, but i just don't know if it's worth the money they charge
    test
  13. vladhood

vladhood New Member

an mmo is like all the boring shit in skyrim combined into one huge game. most of the quests you go on are generic fare (go and kill 10 ice wraiths, go collect 5 bear pelts for me, go kill this one traitor in a remote area and then come back to me to get gold and experience points). quests may have item upgrades for your character

there's occasional dungeons but they are usually no means of actual cahracter progression. monsters and bosses in dungeons usually drop upgrades for your character.

it typically goes on like that until you get to max level and then therei s something called the 'end game'. the end game of an MMO is the content that is designed for players that are still playing the game once they reach the alleged max level. there are typically two types of end games in MMOs, often completely seperate of each other:

PvP (player versus player) end game - where you fight other players for prestige, earn pvp items (that will benefit you more against fighting other players through some kind of mechanic they have in place), ranking and other vanity

PvE (player versus environment) end game - where you do dungeons and 'raid' dungeons (basically just dungeons that have harder bosses with more people) , earn PvE items (that will benefit you more against fighting monsters increasing your damage, healing or whatever), prestige and other vanity

basically if you like the thought of multiplayer skyrim as a long term investment then i guess you might like it

here's a screenshot of an endgame PvE dungeon in world of warcraft. everyone in the picture is there to get items or for some kind of otherwise achievements.

link: http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/a36a20952b88234daef157c43fab65bf.jpg
    test
  14. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Yeah, but you played Swtor? Supposed to be story driven with the most voice acting of any game ever. I don't fuck with MMO's but star wars got me tempted, and it's a bioware game so i know the story gotta be dope.
    test
  15. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

test
  16. patrown

patrown student for life

My friends that got into WOW are trying to get me on this.

thoughts:

Star Wars conventions are frequented by people who take role playing seriously. They'll be there. Could be entertaining if the majority of people playing were not disgruntled WOW players.
    They'll be adjusting to their new home, complaining about bugs while they exploit them.
    Two sets of people you probably haven't had the pleasure of hating.
    The only ones around when you need help on a mission that's too hard by yourself.
    test
  17. vladhood

vladhood New Member

any kind of fantasy convention is frequented by people who take role playing "seriously"
    test
  18. patrown

patrown student for life

... I've met strange people. If someone's going to wear a four foot tail that costs a shitload of money and walk around drunk people in close proximity, they should expect to get the fringe a little dirty.
    The make up is disturbing too. Enjoy your conventions tho. To each his own.
    test
  19. vladhood

vladhood New Member

item set: [​IMG]

costume: [​IMG]

you don't think that looks cool at all?
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

They do have "role playing" servers for the larpers i think

crazy that nobody can just say like "Yeah the games good, or yeah the games bad" it's always comments on MMO conventions or MMO players, i just wanna know if the game is good. Guess that's what MMO's are about?

I would rather solo play till i get done with the story line then stop paying for it
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.