The Official [West] Round 1: (7) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by style-rip, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

man picking kobe for mvp is like snakes on a plane
    test
  2. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

that was terrible.
    test
  3. chickenwang

you are obviously unaware of

SNAKES

ON

A

PLANE
    test
  4. style-rip

do me a favor

dont keep going.
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Sort of like the people who believed him when he said Kobe was the MVP?
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

Why do you people keep bringing up Kobe's stamina and how long he plays when LeBron averages more minutes? :-|

The bottom line is they played a competitive game without a tremendous scoring output from Kobe. He has impact- I'm not denying that. What I'm saying is that his SCORING accomplishments on the year are overrated. I don't think you quite understood my last post...
    test
  7. style-rip

his scoring accomplishments are NOT overrated.. he had the 2nd highest point total in the HISTORY of the game, he scored the most points in a season in FRANCHISE HISTORY. we are talkin' about the LAKERS here, who arguably had the most hall of famers out of any franchise, not the charlotte bobcats. he also had the highest PPG average since jordan. do you even realize how difficult it is to achieve the first 2 accomplishments? it was kobe's year. he stood out the most out of any player in the nba. he sells out stadiums. he's the only reason ABC wanted to air the suns vs lakers on a sunday afternoon. one of the headlines even said Kobe Bryant vs. Phoenix Suns. bottom line, he re-wrote the history book more than once in just 1 season. he deserves to be recognized for it.. and in NO way was his season overrated, considering what he has to deal with.. all the media bashing "kobe takes too many shots" "kobe is too passive, taking a nap during the game" .. it seems like whatever kobe does, the media is all over it. "this just in ladies and gentlemen, kobe bryant forgot to wear deadorant for the game, his laziness is finally catching up to him" .. seriously, as much as players say they dont care about articles, they all read them and it does affect them when they are constantly being bashed just so the writer can make money off the attention
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

^^a nominee for idiot quote of the moment.

ABC airin' that game might have had somethin' to do with the suns bein' the highest scoring, most excitin' team to watch. oh- that and the fact they have the reignin' league(soon to repeat) MVP.

truth.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

His scoring accomplishments are overrated because people assume that the Lakers can not compete without him scoring at such an high output and they weigh much too heavily into his consideration for the most valuable player award. Scoring 81 in one game has absolutely NOTHING to do with being the most valuable player in the national basketball association.

That's all.
    test
  10. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

lets also keep in mind that while the most points in a season in Laker franchise his tory is very impressive..... that there were laker TEAMS before. It wasnt Kareem vs the World, West vs the World, Magic vs the World.... it shouldnt even be like that this year, but Kobes making it that way.
    test
  11. chickenwang

"WE GOT MOFUCKIN SNAKES!"

-samuel l jackson
    test
  12. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

not looking so good , for now.

i dont think the suns had a stretch were they didnt score for 7:30 minutes this whole fuckin season. what a time to go cold. but hey, theres still plenty time to go in this game..

i predict house drops 20 2nd half points ..

and barbosa catches 7 assists.

- prays -
    test
  13. chickenwang

lakers should get t'd up for having 6 players on the court. shawn marion is killing the suns.
    test
  14. kaLeeF

kaLeeF me and weed go waaay back

kobe dunked on nash again...its always funny when the small guys set them selfs up
    test
  15. kaLeeF

and people said a sweep...bwahahahahaha 29 10 5...
    test
  16. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

the lakers this year was the highest national telivised team in NBA history...
    test
  17. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

kobe wasn't the story of game 2

odom flat-out owning shawn marion for a second consecutive game was the story
    test
  18. kaLeeF

no the highlight of the game was a whole lakers team beating the suns
    test
  19. ThugEverlassin

ThugEverlassin Frum Da Streetz'a PB

lol @ lakers going on runs when kobe sits.

USUALLY the Lakers look completely lost and like a DIV II College team out there when Kobe leaves the game. It's scary when he sits for the short time he does because it usually guarantees the other team to catch up, or get the lead...

and you guys acting like kobe isn't needed to win due to the other night?...

THE GAME PLAN WAS TO KEEP IT CLOSE AND LET KOBE TAKE OVER TO PUSH THEM AHEAD IN THE END.

fucking morons.
    test
  20. style-rip

LMFAO@ kobe's nuts rubbing on nash's face
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.