The Official [West] Round 1: (7) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by style-rip, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

lebron > kobe

nash= MVP

double the sports expert signin' off.
    test
  2. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

hey

when's the last time kobe MADE a game winner?
    test
  3. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

lmao @ lebron > kobe.

Lebron would suck kobe's dick given the chance, and not because he's gay.
    test
  4. double ML

double ML Guest

1994. in a pickup game.
    test
  5. Ed E Brock

test
  6. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

uhmmm

did someone really try and say the lakers have a better cast?
    test
  7. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

You obviously dont see my point. Only way lakers will have a chance is if kobe keeps playin more team ball than individual (against the suns). He starts taking 25-30 shots, theyll lose for sure, by more. He should stay around 15-20, for the lakers sake
    test
  8. Ed E Brock

^no, the only way the lakers have a chance is if nobody else BUT kobe shoots.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Bill Simmons said L.A has the better cast.

You know.. the same guy the Laker fans were slobbering over when he picked Kobe for most valuable.
    test
  10. G-Rob da great

I don't know about true last second shots/buzzer beaters, but as far as overall performance in crunch time LeBron certainly either ranks with Kobe or outperformed him. His team led the league in 4th quarter comebacks and the King himself led the league in field goal attempts and percentage in the final two minutes of a one possession game.

Kobe makes a lot of nice awe inspiring shots in the clutch but he misses a lot of them as well. I recall a number of games where Kobe chucks up a prayer and lost the game.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

I'm not obsessed with assists numbers, but mainly just trying to prove a point that Kobe's scoring accomplishments are overrated.

See, the misconception in Kobe's MVP argument is that the Lakers NEED him to drop 40 or 50 a night just to be competitive. Games like the one yesterday prove completely otherwise.

As Brahman points out so often- his teammates usually shoot a higher percentage than him, and they are far from "garbage" players who can't make shots. They played a well rounded team game and they were well within winning with KB scoring 22 points- mind you, they were within reach on the #1 offensive team in the NBA in a playoff game.

In the other thread when I posted the 16 losses where Kobe scored more than 36.. it says something. I just believe people are so wrapped up in him averaging 35, or dropping 81, that they ignore that all that is not completely vital to the most important thing: winning.
    test
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

Kobe had a off night, if he was shooting 45% like he did in the regular season Lakers would have won or took it to OT.

Tim Thomas fouled the shit out of Kobe and the refs didn't call. KOBE HAD A KNOT OF HIS FUCKING HEAD BECAUSE OF THAT!

And wtf at the Suns going 30/32 or around that at the charity stripe.
    test
  13. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

suns the best free throw shooting team in the league

they 're sick ... like

9 for 10 per game. lool
    test
  14. double ML

double ML Guest

kobe= poo poo

nash= MVP
    test
  15. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

see this is where the Boneheads come out. IF KOBE SHOT LIKE HE DID IN THE REGULAR SEASON THE REST OF THE TEAM WOULDNT HAVE HAD THE SAME KIND OF GAME THEY HAD. BECAUSE KOBE WOULD HAVE HOGGED THE BALL SO MUCH THEY WOULDNT BE ABLE TO GET IN OR MAINTAN A RYTHM.

Kobe is the reason everyone cant see what a talent Odom is or Smush is or what a talent Kwame can be. remember Kwame wasnt let go from the Wizards because of ability it was because of his attitude. Kid is raw potential but on the Lakers its just wasted potential.
    test
  16. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

Last nights game is excatly what i've been preaching all year. Kobe is a great talent but he's a terrible teammate. every time i said it i got a whole bunch of fucking retards coming at me with this bullshit about how the other lakers cant pick up the slack they cant do shit only Kobe is good blah blah blah. so fucking funny He was the only guy on the team last night that had a bad game. Every other important guy on the team had a good game. Odum/Smush/Kwame had a great game/Walton. all of them. had they faced a lesser team they woulda won. But the Suns are a model of team work. there are 4 teams in the leauge who are out right teams regardless of talent. Pistons/Suns/Bulls/Spurs. with the Cavs progressing towards that with every improvement Lebron makes and Hughes getting healthy.
    test
  17. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

well, kobe averaged 35 ppg, so the 16 losses where kobe scored 36+ mean nothing, because a lot of his games he scored over 36, so his winning percentage completely outweighs the 16 losses.. that might not even be considered HIM the reason why the game was lost in the first place. pull out some stats where he scored under 25, and lets see what the laker record was then. to help u out, dont pick games where he shot under 35%, cuz that would constitute him hogging the ball and not getting teammates too involved, depending on his FGA for the game.

also, did u notice how kobe has to play basically the ENTIRE game? just because he was passive with his 22 points, his presence ALONE kept the lakers playing competitively. time and time again, when kobe would sit on the bench, the lakers would lose all of their momentum and be outscored by 8+ points within a couple of minutes. so, just because kobe didn't have such a productive game on paper, he still had a big impact on the game itself, something stats do not show.
    test
  18. ILLnSkILLz

ILLnSkILLz New Member

yet there have been many times kobe goes to the bench and the lakers go on a run.

Its so sad when Kobe is asked about being passive and setting other guys up and he responds with "Its hard, its real hard, tougher than what I usually do"

This dude must not have any friends on the team, seriously lol
    test
  19. style-rip

style-rip Lakers>Clippers

95% of the time the lakers go in a DROUGHT with kobe on the bench.

lol@its hard. i feel that tho, cuz he's a scorer, and playing passive like that is extremely difficult, considering his confidence level. he truly believes every shot he takes is going in, and sometimes it's frustrating not take a shot
    test
  20. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

well than hes a moron...

and anyone who believes that is also a moron.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.