The Official [West] Round 1: (7) L.A. Lakers vs. (2) Phoenix Suns

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by style-rip, Apr 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

notice how shawn marion has the league's mvp and mip to help him out?

boris diaw = suns 2nd best player
    test
  2. Bash

Bash New Member

hahahaha sonned I'm telling these niggas Marion aint shit witout a good point guard give him his own team and he'll struggle
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

marion > odom
    test
  4. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

lol, Did you not watch the game? You did in fact say you could only watch game 1 a couple weks ago. Odom owned Marion like no other.

WTF.

Even the broadcasters or whatever were like Odom is creating match up problems for the Suns because Marion is too undersized to compete with him. Odom is 6'10 and Marion is 6'7, Marion gives up about 40 pounds in Odom also and is an overrated defender. Kobe shitted on Marion in game 6, taking him to basket making circus shots. Marion had his shine when he got lucky and barely scrapped Kobe's potential game winning (and series winning) shot enough that it alter the shot to the far right. The point would have gone in if it wasn't for that.
    test
  5. double ML

double ML Guest

i ended up not leavin' for the 2 weeks like i thought i would

i watched 5 of the 7 games

marion played like shit, but he's still better than odom
    test
  6. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

LMAO @ Scrapped the game winning shot.
    test
  7. !ron HorSe

!ron HorSe New Member

Scraped*

and it was a "potential" game winning shot.
    test
  8. :Cold-Spits:

:Cold-Spits: New Member

test
  9. ProFane

ProFane dB's Finest

see you guys are not giving credit where its due. if Nash tried to cover Kobe bryant you wouldnt even talk about it because Kobe is so much bigger then Nash. he would destroy him. well Marion is way smaller then Odom, and dont give me that he's only 3 inchs shorter then him. Odom has one of the longest wingspans in the league. Marion was gaurding a guy much bigger then him while he had to worry about one of the best offesive players in the league. he also had to rebound and run on a very up-paced team. Marion did more then hold his own agianst a mismatch that shoulda killed the Suns. Look at Shaq and Sweetny. Shaq shoulda Manhandled him throught the series. he didnt neccessarrly because the Bulls play'd really well toghether but the one on one match is unfair. If Marion got the luxury of just being a Defensive guy like Bowen or Ben Wallace he'd be just like those guys. but he has to do everything for his team.

scoring a bunch of points doesnt make you the best basketball player. Marion is an all around player and he's a better all around player then Tmac. i never said he was better then Kobe. he's a better team player then Kobe though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.