The official "quotes from people that get it that will make you get it" thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Oneduh, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

test
  2. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

& finally from the owner of this site himself..

El Hefe (1:56:37 PM): why are they upset with having to pay someone to get the views?

Plepp5 (1:57:01 PM): trolls will make a conspiracy out of anything.. they dont understand how marketing a brand works

El Hefe (1:57:18 PM): i think its a reasonable price

Plepp5 (1:57:35 PM): yeah.. we cut it to 1/5 of the price of all of the big services out there

El Hefe (1:57:43 PM): not sure how they don't see it - but its smart for anyone looking to promote

El Hefe (1:59:45 PM): im gonna test it out - if it works - i have others that may use your services

Obviously I left the quotes from myself & Wird out because they will just be looked at as biased, despite the truth they contain.

If you can read through all of that & still not understand that this is a great look for KOTD, Wird, CL, every battler/artist/league that chooses to use this service in the future, & the battling community in general, there is absolutely no hope for you..

I understand not everyone is in business or marketing so they aren't going to get it, but those quotes should be more than enough, especially considering some of the people they came from.. This will be my last attempt at making you understand.. I will only be answering questions/replying to people interested in using the service from now on
    test
  3. Dennis Choppa

Dennis Choppa ★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★★★★★

u forgot to quote me
    test
  4. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

You aint quote me and I clearly get it
    test
  5. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

It's common fuckin' sense TBF.

This is way some people always finish last and or never finish first, also proves how some people are just content (ha) with their lives and never want to strive to do or be better.

I think you provide a great service and more battlers/artists/leagues/companies should take advantage of it, The first phase of it obviously works (getting views) now the next phase will be to see if those new viewers become repeats. This can only do good for both the battlers/artist/leagues...ect.

This is a prime reason how oneduh has gone from text battling in the early 2000's to now being a part owner of one of the highest traffic m-boards on the net. Innovation ideas in marketing and help others grow. All of it becomes a full circle, sooner some of you realize this the better.
    test
  6. TheProle

TheProle Pls go, Milhouse.

Shit just got real.
    test
  7. Aftershock

Aftershock Cooksvillain

Oneduh, you have nothing to explain

everything has been stated numerous times - and the trolls are just trying to find a way to start more arguments
    test
  8. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

test
  9. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

Nobody is saying marketing is bad its how it was poorly executed.
    test
  10. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

^^ That's fuckin' creepy, lol. (The Hatred picture)
    test
  11. Shameless

Shameless Friendship is magic!

Most of this site is just filled with assholes. I don't see why you'd try to justify your actions when you didn't do anything wrong in the first place. Especially when you already acknowledged them as trolls. Nobody else is questioning it, really.
    test
  12. seansss

seansss Bath Salt Heaven

fucking promoting yourself how does it work?

i still don't understand why people hate on this..how the fuck is this not a smart way to get your name out there

i understand niggas hatin on the proxy/bot way of getting views...i do too

but what the hell is wrong wit having a battle posted on a popular rap music related site

if anything it helps the movement as a whole
    test
  13. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

I Agree to the point they should have mentioned it prior to it being questioned, Other than that I see nothing wrong with what transpired.
    test
  14. teacozy

teacozy New Member

people have been making big deals of non-issues all week. I dunno if anyone's aware that it's June, it's nice out, and Six Flags is open.

do something else besides harp on something no one cares about. christ.
    test
  15. FINALPOST

FINALPOST New Member

It should have been mentioned and discussed with parties involved. Thats over now though. The next step is figuring out how to properly execute it. Getting meaningless view counts is not building. But everybody knows this
    test
  16. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

The only reason it matters in this is because a lot of people use 'Views' to decide how popular someone is, which in turn effects 'tiers' and which matchups are taken/given. Views are actually the main stat in battle rap (does anyone not agree with this?)

Someone paying a bunch of advertising vs someone not skews the data. The guy paying could be much worse / less popular in people that will actually return to watch battle videos (those are the views you want) than the other (better) guy.

In fact, you could argue that if some shitty people pay to get their views to 500k then its BAD for battle rap because the extra audience you are showing it to is seeing the shitty guys when maybe they would have enjoyed 2 elite battlers.
    test
  17. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

Did we really need a new thread that is just quotes from another thread?
    test
  18. Fuzzy Dunlop

This is rap basketball, stats all you got.
    test
  19. Fuzzy Dunlop

So is battle rap more like a sport or is it more like entertainment/a tv show?

I think thats the main thing cause if you think its more of a sport, then paying to boost your stats is (hitman voice) not cool.

If you think of it as a pure entertainment thing, then obviously paying for advertising anything goes.

It mirrors the 'should battle rap be fiction vs nonfiction' argument actually
    test
  20. TradeMark310

TradeMark310 Tunk vs Lux

There is an add on this very page for Tube Toolbox, trying to get peeps to pay for views.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.