The Official NFL Offseason Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by StylisticS, Mar 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

omg you're seriously a fucking retard if you don't think givens, bennett & calico will each get AT LEAST 1300 yards receving each. bill volek is arguably the greatest college quarterback of all time, and since when has the greatest college player never been the greatest pro player? never. idiot. and the titans defense is incredible this year. david thorton was on the colts last year that was the best team in the nfl during the regular season. that obviously makes him the best outside linebacker in the nfl, dumbshit. and chris hope was on the steelers that won the freaking superbowl! how that doesn't make him the best safety in the history of the game is beyond me.

smh @ all the titans doubters.

i didn't even talk about how lendale is a lock for offensive ROY.
    test
  2. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

There you have it folks, Rippy predicts Keyshawn is going to do nothing this year which means that Keyshawn is now guaranteed to have a pro-bowl year, break several receiving marks, and win Super Bowl MVP. Thanks man.
    test
  3. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

[funny]
    test
  4. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

yeah....

Because what I predict.. the opposite happens. I must've missed the colt's superbowl victory.

Matter-a-fact... I must've missed the one playoff game they won?...

New England should've won another superbowl.

Sean Alexander really didn't get the MVP.

Ben Roethlisberger isn't the better than rivers and eli....

Edgerrin James will be a colt next season.

Kyle Vanden Bosch wasn't the deal of the year. (barring injuries)

Terrell Owens was a saint in philly.

Then we could go to the NBA.... but I'm sure you'll get tired of reading and being wrong.

:)

but the point was made.

Forgive me... I'm not 100% correct on all my predictions, just a good majority. Those go overlooked though. Amazing how that works.
    test
  5. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

The Giants and Bengals play the league's toughest schedules. Their opponents were 139-117 (.533). ... Chicago, coming off an NFC North title, has the easiest schedule. Bears opponents were 114-142 (.445).

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/3777853.html
    test
  6. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

i think the raiders need some consistency. I know the personnel isn't the best, but when they have time together they could grow as a unit. Constantly shuffling the line-up week to week has been the biggest problem with the defense [that and injuries in the secondary]. I wasn't a big fan of the signing of kerry collins 2 years ago ['the vertical passing game' is the most overrated concept in football, it just doesn't work as an offense these days] and I'm not sold on aaron brooks, but I think getting collins out will cut down on terrible plays downfield [INT's and just ill-advised long passes on 3rd downs or setting up long 3rd downs] which should help barry sims to stop holding so much, which could help the offense to actually score some points.

I think it's time they get their own qb and stop dealing with these leftovers since todd marinovich left, it's been jeff george [falcons], jeff hostetler [giants], rich gannon [vikings & eagles i believe], rick mirer [seahawks], kerry collins [panthers/giants], and now aaron brooks [saints]. they have drafted a total of 2 qb's since '93 [andrew walter and tui]

I'm excited for this season like I was the last time they started a season without kerry collins on the roster.
    test
  7. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

USA TODAY
    By Skip Wood
    One would think the Carolina Panthers would be flattered about the raves they're receiving from five of the more established NFL preseason magazines that already have their picks in place.

After all, all five have the Panthers reaching the Super Bowl, and three have them winning it....

...This time Carolina squarely is on their mind — and the defending Super Bowl champions are getting the back of their hand. Just one magazine picked the Steelers to return to the Super Bowl.

So which teams do they think will be meeting in Miami?

The envelope, please.

Athlon: Indianapolis defeats Carolina. Lindy's: Carolina defeats Denver. ProFootball Weekly: Carolina defeats Indianapolis. Sporting News: Pittsburgh defeats Carolina. Street & Smith's: Carolina defeats Denver.

Division winners:

•Athlon— NFC East (Dallas Cowboys), NFC North (Chicago Bears), NFC South (Panthers), NFC West (Seahawks). AFC East (New England Patriots), AFC North (Steelers), AFC South (Colts), AFC West (Broncos).

•Lindy's— NFC East (Eagles), NFC North (Bears), NFC South (Panthers), NFC West (Seahawks). AFC East (New England Patriots), AFC North (Steelers), AFC South (Colts), AFC West (Broncos).

•Pro Football Weekly— NFC East (Washing-ton Redskins), NFC North (Bears), NFC South (Panthers), NFC West (Seahawks). AFC East (Patriots), AFC North (Steelers), AFC South (Colts), AFC West (Broncos).

•Sporting News— NFC East (Cowboys), NFC North (Bears), NFC South (Panthers), NFC West (Seahawks). AFC East (Patriots), AFC North (Steelers), AFC South (Colts), AFC West (Broncos).

•Street & Smith's— NFC East (Cowboys), NFC North (Bears), NFC South (Panthers), NFC West (Seahawks). AFC East (Patriots), AFC North (Steelers), AFC South (Colts), AFC West (Broncos).
    test
  8. Avirex

Avirex New Member

my boy Shawn alexander is on the cover of madden 07.. Fuck the haters.. go hawks!
    test
  9. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

which means he's gonna break his ankle or something
    test
  10. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

I'm guessing you havent heard about "the curse"?

I'm not even superstitious...but...good luck with that.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

Eh, the turn-around rate in NFL is higher than any other major sport.
    test
  12. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

sometimes i don't get the raiders....well, a lot of the time i don't.

what the hell was the point of drafting and signing so many db's when we have other more critical positions to fill??

well, at least kerry collins is out. fucking ay.
    test
  13. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

Cincy keeps getting better defensively ay? Ahmad Brooks? Nice...

I really hope Ty Law will sign in the next week. I'm tired of waiting.
    I hear that Kansas City is the front-runner. I've even heard rumors that the deal is already in place, but team officials are waiting until July 27th (the start of training camp) to announce it.

If he signs... Kansas City will win the AFC West.
    test
  14. Kastle

Kastle New Member

I aint even gonna talk shit bout my boys cuz everytime it looks like they're makin the right moves in the offseason Cleveland always manages to fuck it up sumhow but anyways...

Very happy bout McGinest should get a few years outta him more importantly the expierience and knowledge to pass to Andra Davis and Kamerion Wimbley(1st round pick niice!) and maybe get Chaun Thompson to live up to all the expectations

Revamped the o-line even a lil better than last year starters lookin to be Kevin Schaffer(nice pick up frum ATL) ,Joe Adruzzi (nice pickup from last year), LeCharles Bentley(looking to be one of our most promising aquisitions), Cosey Coleman(nice pickup frum last year), Ryan Tucker( lone soldier remaining frum the previous era) ,hopefully finally up-to-par to deal with these dangerous AFC North Defenses(in my opinion the best in the NFL, not jus becuz of the superbowl assh***s Pittsburgh lol)

Antonio Bryant out Joe Jurevichoues in we'll see how it works

Hopefully Winslow stays off his damn bike this year and stays on the field

Charlie's no longer a rookie hopefully get'n his ass pounded last year has left an impression on him lol

Last but not least i think one of our biggest steals D'Qwell Jackson hopefully finally filling that spot next to Andra Davis(once McGinest decides he's done playin of course, and if they cant manage at least an above .500 season after all these improvements it mite not be long lol its enough to drive anyone crazy)

well see whats happens, untill then go Cleveland!!
    test
  15. cyphamasta

cyphamasta New Member

damn it. the Niners were one of the teams really pursuing this guy. but i they didn't want to spend a 3rd round pick on him they were hoping he fell to the 4th round.
    test
  16. Ixtlan

Brooks may well come in handy now that Thurman's going to be out.

The Kansas City Chiefs ink Ty Law today.
    This makes the AFC West all the more tougher a division to win.
    Stoked about that signing. The Chiefs defense continues to improve.
    And as bad as we were last season... That's key.
    test
  17. amille

amille New Member

^^^^^^^^^ i can't wait for football season
    test
  18. Ixtlan

It's upon us!!! Camp opens on Friday.
    test
  19. Mc Witha Temper

Mc Witha Temper New Member

I got to request sunday and monday off now