The Official "best Websites To Sell Beats On" Thread

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Soul Theory, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul Theory

Soul Theory New Member

More and more I been hearing talk about all these other sites that are good for selling beats on. I've known about them for a while but I've always done so well on SoundClick alone that I've never given the other sites any real thought. But from the recent browsin I've been doin, it seems like some of you are startin to make real money on some of these other sites.

I know the URLs of some of them, but what I don't know is which one's are better than others.

I was hopin that those of you with experience would do 3 things:

1) list all of the beat-selling websites you know about
    2) make your personal "TOP 5" list in order of popularity/market size
    3) throw in any additional relevant comments about your experiences, etc.

I'm sure this thread will help a lot of others out too. Soundclick's always been good to me, but shit, if there's more money out there, I'm tryin to get to it. I don't wanna waste time makin accounts at all of em, so I'm trying to get a sense of what the most popular ones are. I'll probably pick 3-5 of em.

Haven't been on here in a while, so if there's another thread like this...

...who cares, here's a new one.

Thanks for the help! I hope that this will be a useful discussion for others too.

One Love!
    S.Theory
    test
  2. Soul Theory

Soul Theory New Member

test
  3. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

test
  4. Soul Theory

Soul Theory New Member

Aight so I did a lil research and I was able to find these sites:

- MyBeatShop.com
    - RocBattle.com
    - PMPWorldwide.com (looks like I been sleepin on this one)
    - TheBeatTrader.com
    - BeatSwagger.com
    - TightBeatz.com (looks highly sketchy)
    - PickABeat.com (looks EXTREMELY sketchy lol)

there were some others, but they looked like straight shit

-----

So from what I can tell it looks like:

- SoundClick and PMPWorldwide stand in a class of their own

- MyBeatShop and RocBattle look like the major runner ups

- TheBeatTrader and BeatSwagger are like the 3rd string benchwarmers

- And all the rest of them are pretty much useless and negligible

Anyone wanna confirm or deny this?

Am I missing any major players in my list?
    test
  5. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

i sold a couple thru mybeatshop but they give you the money at the end of the next month which is super wack
    test
  6. ~G.I~

~G.I~ Guest

pmp is not for selling beats, its to connect with people.

Its not like these beatselling sites where you just put beats up and wait for others to click on "buy now"

Rocbattle is wack IMO, i had like 7 sales in 1 year, and it takes sooooooo much time before you finally get your money
    test
  7. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

yeah i think the best way is to just set up a paypal account and tie it up with your bank account and get yourself a .com that way the only person thats gonna make money off your stuff is YOU! something like showdown is perfect, something simple clean and straight to the point. all you gotta do is just draw ppl in by creating soundkits and create a mailing list so you can ensure that ppl do indeed come
    test
  8. Krazyjay da Rapper

Krazyjay da Rapper I'm the best there is....

I know one thing, don't waste time on Givemebeats.com. Worst service on the net. I gave em a chance, and it costed me $200.
    test
  9. HUNDREDGRAND

HUNDREDGRAND New Member

FUCK BEAT SELLIN WEBSITES JUSS USE THEM FOR NETWORKING....MY ADVICE GET YOU A SOUNDCLICK, UPLOAD SOME HOT BEATS(IF YOU GOT EM LOL) AND PAYPAL ACCOUNT....AND GET TO GRINDIN....THERE IS NO EASY WAY TO GETTIN ON UNLESS A REALTIVE IS A MUSIC EXECUTIVE LOL......

P.S. ALWAYS ASK FOR FEEDBACK IF ALL YOU GETTIN IS A BAD FEEDBACK MAYBE YOU NEED TO TAKE ANOTHA ROUTE IN LIFE LOL.....

DOWN SOUTH BEATZ FOR SALE
    CHECK EM OUT!!!
    <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandid=441252&content=music">HundredGrand Productions music</a>
    test
  10. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

hell yeh, that site is full of shit. Customer service is shady as shit. And the set up and garbage.
    test
  11. topone

topone New Member

test
  12. Soul Theory

Soul Theory New Member

havent checked this thread in a min.

yeh the more I thought about it, I figured if I took all the time it would take me to setup and maintain accounts at all these other beat selling sites, and just put all that time and effort into promotin my SoundClick and MySpace harder instead, it'll probably be a much better use of time.

Plus it looks like a lotta raggedy ass producers on some of those sites, and I'm not tryin to align myself with that

Ima just stick with my SoundClick and MySpace for sales. It's been payin all the bills for 2 years now. Fuck it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But Ima sign up at that PMP when I get a chance tho. Looks legit.
    test
  13. 7thSense

7thSense New Member

bump, wanted to know what sites you guys are using now to promote your beats? like if you send out an email to a manager or a&r, what site would you link them to where you got your music? still myspace and soundclick?
    test
  14. Malabu

Malabu LEX-TOWN 859

^^ i always link to soundclick cause it so easy... this a good thread tho cause i b tired of listenin to beats on soundclick they all garbage tho top 10 is the same shit all the tiem
    test
  15. futureswag

futureswag New Member

i think soundclick is movin in a massive way right now the top five may stay the same but thats because those dudes is grinding...grind harder and come with product and you'll get up there there are mad major dudes on soundclick you connect with them and get up there then you could get the links thatll help you blow up

peep game by the way
    MP3 Player SoundClick
    test
  16. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

I need to find a way to sell beats also. Tell me this: who on rm is the most successful at this?
    test
  17. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

This is 100% correct however there are def. success stories from there. It's very professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  18. MFB

MFB Ciroc Boys

SoundCloud is a site that usually isn't mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    test
  19. BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum

BlackSoultan Ad Infinitum aka Billy Shoreview

Yeah, I was thinking of updating my account to get more space and widgets. It's hella dope for posting on twitter and facebook or even texting. Soundclick requires flash. I need that iOS crowd.
    test
  20. wmsproductions

wmsproductions wms productions

pmp
    soundclick
    reverbnation
    your own .com

mainly just about having connects and a good email list and relationships with the right artist or managers to give you more clients
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.