The Official 2006 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by StylisticS, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I have a question for you. I remember you saying how you disliked the "east coast bias" within college sports. Why is it ok for you to over hype teams from the left coast, instead of attempting to have a more balanced perspective?
    test
  2. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

Word.
    test
  3. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

i don't overhype any team from the left coast. show me where i displayed a blatant lack of objectivity about any team (other than the picking the raiders to go the super bowl)
    test
  4. Phenomenonymous

Phenomenonymous picture perfect...

LMAO at this prediction actually coming true

good shit

go badgers by the way
    test
  5. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

The BCS should determine the 12 best teams and then they should be in the playoffs. done. Their is always going to be controversy, but that's a way to cause the least
    test
  6. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

ok, maybe I'm wrong, the thing that got me was how you were adament about devaluing Ohio State's season prior to the Michigan game when you were picking the Wolverines to pull the upset, yet you state that USC is "serious". On top of that you to attempt to make them look better you defend the loss at Oregon State, by proclaiming that Oregon St. is a quality team this year. Maybe all of that is true, but the way you attacked the Buckeyes didn't sit right with me, because I think if it were a Pac 10 team you would have given them the benefit of the doubt [dunno] but I could be wrong and maybe I'm reading too much into it all.
    test
  7. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

I only "attacked" the buckeyes because they had 1 win over a ranked opponent which was in the 2nd week of the season prior to "the game" and said they were untested. also, you probably saw more of OSU than i did all season, so you had a better sense of them. i saw michigan play 4 or 5 times, including wins over notre dame and wisconsin and i was impressed with the balance on O and the strength of the D at stopping the run. meanwhile, i saw OSU play iowa, in a game where iowa might've been competitive if their receivers other than Chandler could actually catch (a problem for them all season), i saw the first 2.5 quarters against cincinnati, which were mostly unimpressive. i saw them beat penn state, but the running back...hunt, was having his way, which i figured would bode well for mike hart (which it did). then i saw them spank northwestern which was a cream puff, so maybe the sampling of their games i saw was skewed, but if a team has 10 wins yet only 3 are against teams with above .500 records, how can you not declare them untested? You can still say they are talented and what not, but they were certainly untested. I don't think i devalued their season, I even said james laurinitis should be the heisman winner (maybe i wrote that on a different site, but i know i wrote it). I thought ohio state was the 2nd best team, behind michigan, so it's not like i thought they were average, although i may have used a bit of hyperbole for the sake of my ridiculous, yet provocative 33-14 UM prediction.

as for the trojans, usc has 5 wins over ranked opponents (Arkansas, Nebraska, Cal, Notre Dame, oregon state) which is more than any other team, played their best in the biggest games of the season (hence the 5 wins over ranked teams), and the defense seemed to be improving with each game. that's how i made came to the conclusion that they were "serious" (as did most of the poll voters, mind you).

I didn't intend to defend their loss, i was defending oregon state, which people seemed to be glossing over as just some garbage team, but in fact are a 9 win team in a major conference. does that excuse usc for losing? absolutely not. but it's not as bad as west virginia losing to USF. it's about on par with OU losing to texas (and had the refs not blown some obvious calls in those final minutes of that OU-oregon game, might we be seeing the sooners playing ohio state?)
    test
  8. Os1ris

Os1ris New Member

Ohio State > Haters all year long.
    test
  9. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

FA SHIZZLE

bruins winning the pac 10 in 07. i'd hate to be dorrell though right now, cause there's a HUGE qb controversy. i'd start ben olsen though. maybe even bring in cowan like urban meyer uses tim tebow...
    test
  10. wilmer deryou

wilmer deryou New Member

Bc Got Screwed

Against Navy

They Beat V-tech, Clemson, Florida State, Byu , Maryland

And Got That Bowl

Bullshit
    test
  11. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

GO Gators!!!!!

Fuck YEAH!!!!

Current Football AND Basketball CHAMPS!!!
    test
  12. chillz_727

chillz_727 New Member

Hell yeah! hopefully they repeat in b-ball this year
    test
  13. Dixie_Chick

Dixie_Chick New Member

Ohio sucked dick on monday
    test
  14. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

test
  15. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Are you done with this forum/site also? You rarely post anymore..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.