The Official 2006 College Football Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by StylisticS, Aug 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

In light of The Jeus, I don't know what the hell I was thinking the past few weeks. But yeah, it actually started last week but nobody cared. Discuss everything that pertains to college ball in this thread.

Texas will repeat..DAMNIT
    test
  2. 1_BAD_Nicca

1_BAD_Nicca The Prettiest nicca alive

The SEC is the Toughest conference every year Hands DOWN!!

LSU
    Auburn
    Alabama
    Florida
    Tennesse
    South Carolina
    Georgia

LSU will probably win it all. I want Alabama or Auburn to do good.

Boston College is on the muthafuckin come up. Them boys is READY!

Adrian Peterson will probably win the Heisman

For some reason, I think USC is gonna have a good squad.
    test
  3. StylisticS

I doubt LSU wins it all. Schedule is too tough. And Les Miles is their head coach.
    test
  4. 1_BAD_Nicca

^^Its like that EVERY YEAR! lol

If Texas or USC was in the SEC last year, they both would've had atleast 1 loss
    test
  5. StylisticS

I'm tired of hearing this from SEC fans who live in a bubble it seems. Fact, Texas has a winning record against SEC and the best team the SEC has in it's history(Alabama) has never BEATEN Texas. And we all saw what USC did to Auburn AT Auburn a couple years ago. Your conference is good. But it's not head over shoulders better than everybody else.

Fact: while the SEC defense were good last year, the SEC offenses made them that way considering that every SEC team had a putrid offense. It wasn't that great last year. I know one thing. Nobody in the SEC was beating Texas or USC on January 4th if they played them. I do know that.
    test
  6. 1_BAD_Nicca

^^LSU would've.. Alabama Has how many more National Championships than Texas?

The 04-05 Auburn team would've bodied the 04-05 USC team

Texas or USC wouldn't have been scoring all of those points if they were in the SEC:FACT

Year in and Year out, your Texas longhorns play maybe 3 tough games in that weak ass conference.

SEC produces the most NFL superstars:FACT
    test
  7. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

LSU will lose to fresno state
    test
  8. 1_BAD_Nicca

^^On playstation or Xbox?
    test
  9. StylisticS

LSU..the same LSU that lost to mighty Tennessee? The same LSU that is coached by Les Miles? The person that never once beaten Mack Brown?? Yeah..I'm pretty sure he would have. Texas had one of the best defense and played a team in Ohio in September that was better than every other team in teh SEC. The SEC Champion Georgia Bulldogs got beat in Atlanta by West Virginia. You were once down 28-0.

The 04-05 Auburn team would have gotten its ass whooped by USC. USC was dominate on defense and the passing game and the running game whereas Auburn was all about Caddilac and Ronnie Brown. USC would have done the same shit to them as they did to Oklahoma. Besides, Auburn barely beat Va Tech. What makes you think they beat USC?

Texas has 4 championships to Alabama's 6. If you want to count that Bama has 12. Then Texas has 11.

Who's saying the Big 12 is better than the SEC. I'm not. But you're not head and shoulders better than the SEC.

I gives a damn what the SEC has produced in the NFL. What do you do in college.
    Since the Big 12 has been around since 1996. The SEC is 13-15 against the Big 12. Yes...much better, or so I've read.

SEC fans live in a bubble. They think just because they play in the might SEC, everybody else must acknowledge what they go through week in and week out. Sorry, most of the college football world does not give a damn who you play.
    test
  10. 1_BAD_Nicca

^So I take it that you do agree with me that the SEC teams have the toughest schedules right? Just because 1 team beats 1 team doesn't mean that they'll beat another. West Virginia did have the Bulldogs down by 28 but the Bulldogs rallied and only lost by 3 points.

The media rides Texas and USC's nuts HARD!

USC might do well but Texas aint gonna be shit
    test
  11. StylisticS

I've said it repeately on this board that the SEC is the best conference. But is it head and shoulders better than the Big 10, the Big 12, the new ACC? NO.

Just like the media rides the SEC nuts hard. Love how the media basically makes a big deal about the sec champions not going to a BCS confernece just because they won the SEC. Like everybody in the country should honestly give a shit. And they don't even touch ride Texas anyway. Leading up to the national championship, it was all about USC and how USC was the "greatest team of all time". Texas was the afterthought.

How do you know Texas will not do well? Are you saying that just in spite? Because Texas returns a great number of experienced players. They return just about everybody on offense except 1 onlineman and Vince Young and return everybody on defense except Micheal Huff and Cedric Griffin. Many believe that Texas defense will in fact be BETTER than last year. SO again, how do you know this?
    test
  12. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

re: 1_bad_nicca
    lost being the key word there.

and there being no clear cut best team in the sec implies parity, not power. those offenses were pathetic last year. 2 teams in the top 50 in scoring, 2 teams in the top 50 in total yards. but the almighty sec had 10 teams in the top 50 in scoring defense including those defensive juggernauts mississipi, miss. st, and arkansas.
    the brothers manning, rex grossman and what other sec qb's drafted in the last decade currenty play in the nfl? no wonder the defenses look so good.

oh and lol @ lsu would've texas or usc. that lsu team that struggled to score points against every team that wasn't ole miss or north texas?
    test
  13. 1_BAD_Nicca

^I admit, there haven't been a lot of good QB's that have came out of the SEC in recent years but look out for T.Bo..Besides QB's look at all of the other offensive threats they've produced over years
    test
  14. teechapel

teechapel New Member

Tenn fan here, i'll agree about Sec having hard sch. This year in the SEC Auburn is going to be a beast and south car. going to do things. texas going to do good but not have a season like they did last year. Ohio state look strong. smith and ginn should have a good year and they d is str8. N.D. looks good ,but D looks slow, offense will have a great year. Quinn (heisman maybe), but thier d to me and looking at thier schedule might get away with a test will be GA. tech. USC i see them doing something if Booty come around they will be hunted by Cal. I'm keeping a eye on WV and Louisville. overhyped teams FSU i gotta see running game and Miami there is just something missing. my heisman goes to as of now Peterson best RB in the game , sorry to carry last year for 1000 + against 9 man fronts is say Alot. and o' boy Texas dude not diss the long horns but they need to get the Qb thing str8 , thats way i think TENN. had their problems .
    test
  15. StylisticS

The reason why Tennessee had a problem is because their idiot coach couldn't decide who to play at quarterback. So he played the quarterback music chairs well into the season. Mack Brown has named a starter before the season so Texas don't have to go through this carousel(sp) like Tennessee did. Mack learned from the Major Applewhite/Chris Simms thing in 2000 to let this happen again.

BTW, I don't expect Texas to repeat. Just playing around with that. But would love to see it and Texas has the talent to do so. But I do believe Texas will repeat as Big 12 champions.
    test
  16. R e d e e M

R e d e e M Phuck Yew

Nevada vs Fresno st. (-12)

put some money on them fresno boyz
    test
  17. teechapel

teechapel New Member

on the real texas gets the 12 , i'll give that , but who did you like between applewhite and simms mane, i was all for applewhite
    test
  18. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

yep, they'll prove that loss to nevada last season was just a letdown game after that close call against USC. bulldogs are great at home
    test
  19. Final Chapta

Final Chapta End of Story

Arizona State is the sleeper this year..
    test
  20. da_after_shock

da_after_shock New Member

UCLA BABY! FUCK ALL YALL NIGGGRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woo!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.