The o-fishy-al 07 eastern conference finals thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

lol I love when fools say your a knicks fan you don't know shit about basketball. All being a knick fan proves is that i stick wit my team through thick or thin. And ya bron didn't have a big day scoring but it wasn't as if he played horrible he almost had a triple double but he was very passive.

I mean do you expect Z to play so well against that frontline everygame? Do you expect to control the boards for most of the game again? The pistons had over double the turnovers you guys had really expect that to happen again? Thats not playing better? :screwy: .

Im glad you have faith in your team but guaranteeing anything at this point is pure foolishness.
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

If the Pistons come out with the same gameplan they have for the last umteen games, yes.

Flip Saunders is not great in the playoffs or with matchups/adjustments.

With these "LeBron rules" that the Pistons play, it forces two or three defenders to clog the window to the lane up at the top of the key which is where LeBron usually tries to isolate. So in turn it makes it EASY for players like Z and Varejo roll to the basket for easy 1 on 1 or uncontested buckets. (when was the last time they dropped 35?)

Alot of you might just be reading the box scores this morning and fail to realize that the way the Cavaliers scoring was distributed was BY DESIGN. Z didn't erupt and LeBron didn't get "shut down", the Cavalier offense was by design because that's how the Pistons D plays them.
    test
  3. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

imo 5-15 shooting is terrible.

Yes i expect z to do that well again, z is a jump shooting center he doesn't bang in the post alot.

Yes i expect to dominate the boards(umm we are number 2 in the league in rebounding!!!)

They played better the 2nd half tho.

I'm just fucking with you bout the knicks tho lmao even tho they suck
    test
  4. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

The Spurs don't have three rings because Duncan passes on the chance to win the game. He'll take those shots miss or make. When it's time for your star to dominate you only hope they have the will.
    test
  5. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

man im sick of lebron being killed for that..

Marshall was wide open no1 got on MJ for passing to kerr or paxson. If marshall hit it, its a great play fuck outta here wit that shit.
    test
  6. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

nigga shut up. He got trust in his teammates and went for the win not the tie. Open teammate for the win on the road i'd take that play 100 times
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

See, the thing is... Lebron is known for being scared to take the final shot... he's not clutch... he's not ready to take on the responsibility of superstardom... he's good, but his mentals isn't all the way tough yet... he lacks that killer instinct.
    test
  8. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Lebron takes the final shots sometimes and he misses em lmao. The only reason the media ride his dick is because they hyped him up to be the next mj and he is nothin like jordan. He a pass first type player so if he sees a open teammate and he gettin doubled he gonna give it up every time. This new to ya'll outsiders but it's not new to cavs fans.

I do have a slight problem with his attitude after games sometimes because it doesn't seem he take losses that hard yet.
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Seriously.

Mufuckas watch too much ESPN and think they know basketball.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

^Yeah, it's like he's too nonchalant... kinda like how David Robinson was... another guy who lacked a killer instinct... Tim Duncan had to come along to help him win a championship.
    test
  11. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

well this looks promising, another game where flip saunders has the same gameplan that doesnt work, makes zero adjustments and a good number of our shots coming from subs. ah well, i guess jason maxiell is having an ok game. Tayshauns playing his usual ass water against the cavs

not too far from being a tied series unless they really wake up
    test
  12. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

lol..

You guys keep making excuses for how meekly Lebron played, that first gamne. Admit it, it was a very passive performance. Timid.

But Lebron ain't tonight.

THAT's how he's supposed to play. You don't defer to your teamates and be passive when you are the superstar. That's all I've been saying. Your the best player, you have the open lane, you dunk it on someone, not shy away from the big shot.

Lebron is being aggresive, and he's taken it to the rim when he has the open lane.

That was the contention most people had, not that Lebron passed to Marshall on that last play, but his whole demeanor in that ••h quarter.

This is the fire that ppl want to see it out him.

His whole attitude the first half in game 2 is a completly opposite of how he played in the first game.

Your superstars can make mistakes, and Lebron knew he played to weak that first game. So know he's stepping it up.
    test
  13. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Open teamate, or Lebron James one step from a dunk. Lebron could have easily powerd it in.

It's not about having trust in teamates there, he didn't trust himself.

He might dunk it and even draw the foul. The point was Bron had it right there if he wante itd, but he made the passive play. He put it on someone else.

The Pistons were playing horrible, Chancey Billups had 7 turnovers and only 5 assists, Prince was 1 for 11.

The Cavs had a good shot of winning that game in OT.
    test
  14. MC propaganda

well, everyone can keep saying that all they want to about taking the dunk, but coming from a pistons fan who cant stand them, had donyell made the shot, lebron would have made a great unselfish play, i dont understand where all the anomosity is coming from regarding that, you couldnt really got wrong either way, anything could have happened, he wasnt all the way to the rim, tayshaun was right on top of him, he could have blocked him again for all we know.
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

It's not that 1 play that ppl are worried about, it's how Lebron James carried himself during that game.

He was too meek, when he's should be the best player on the floor.

That one play - summed up how he played that whole game.

Marshall was wide open, but Lebron had that jam.

C'mon 10 points for LBJ that game and you guys are acting like he didn't stink it up. That team rely's on him to set the tone.
    test
  16. MC propaganda

alright pistons, thats more like it.
    test
  17. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

the cavs may very well be the worst 3rd quarter team in nba history.
    test
  18. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

he wouldn't have made both free throws so i'm glad he passed it even if the right play wasn't a pass to a open marshall.
    test
  19. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Gibson has stripped horse teeth twice.

Not bad for a rookie. He got a lil swagger to him.

And Skeletor is having another horrendous offensive game.

Pistons are starting to look frustrated down the stretch.
    test
  20. MC propaganda

what else is new? they usually get it done either way.

hopefully thats the case again tonight, tayshaun really needs to find a way to get it going, as sad as that is to say, flip should be finding ways to help get him going.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.