The o-fishy-al 07 eastern conference finals thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Oh, and the East rules, bitches!!
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Actually if they play the way they've been running their mouths over the last few days, their gameplan is the exact opposite...

They say they're creating "LeBron rules" like they did with MJ back in the 80's and the idea is to foul LeBron hard when he gets in the lane and double/triple him to force the ball out of his hands.
    test
  3. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Ya'll still think detroit gonna dominate us? Them niggaz barely won and lebron ain't even show up. Cavs in 6
    test
  4. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

Cavs have no shot..

They played better most of the game and still couldnt win.
    test
  5. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Umm lebron didn't show up so how did we play better most of the game? Our defense is like that all day!!shit ain't gone change with detroit only scoring around 80 points this whole series. Niggaz funny like you lmao who is yo team? the knicks i think??? nigga you don't know shit bout basketball if you watch them on a daily basis. I gurantee the cavs win game 2
    test
  6. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

neither did all of a detroit away from a guy or two
    test
  7. MC propaganda

Guaruntees huh? interesting, you sound mad. calm down

Even if lebron does get it going a little more, you cant expect ilcowskis to have a game like that everyday. Pistons in 6 still, i still dont mind em in 5. While you maintain lebron didnt play well, neither team played well away from a couple guys. I feel this was a key game for you guys to get with detroit playing that bad, and they blew it. Especially james who kicked it out instead of tying.

We'll see i guess, pistons couldnt play any worse than they did tonight really, and they still won. only one guy really showed up to play ball, and thats rip. Prince, billups didnt do jack offensively and no one on our bench showed up at ALL. so while lebron didnt play well, our entire team didnt really play all that well away from rip and sheed, webber played ok though.

lebron got shut down
    test
  8. MC propaganda

If it doesnt, it certainly aint gonna change with the cavs. you guys had a hard enough time finding offense against the nets. but i guess you guaruntee game 2, so it should be interesting lol
    test
  9. G-Rob da great

BOTH TEAMS PLAYED HARD MAN

Haha.

Actually it was a good game and hell, I'm glad with the effort the other Cavaliers put up even in a loss. ANDY V with a big game which is a good note because he was big in last years series. I still like the Cavs even if they lose the next game because I don't see D-Town winning a game in the Q.

LeBron's play was pretty predictable (unlike those who suggested he needed to jack up 30+ shots and net 50 points to give the Cavs a remote chance [funny]) and dishing off to the OPEN man whether it be last shot or 2nd quarter is pretty common for him. The thing that bothers me most with his game is 0 free throw attempts... he needs to really adjust that stat bigtime in the next game and be a little more agressive.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Yeah, I heard that, read that and saw that last night... I think it's a mistake... I think they should switch it up... keep 'em guessing, but the Cavs are smart and will find a way to adjust... good defense is always unpredictable and shifting...
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Do you really think Detroit will average 70-80 points a game this whole series??

The first game is always a bruiser in any series... the Pistons have at least 3 different players that can step up and take over at any moment... Rip was the man last night... Tayshaun might step up even more tomorrow... then there's Wallace who can have a big game when he wants to.... you can basically expect Webber to be in the low 10's, but he's consistent.

I believe the Cavs will win Game 2, because they shoulda won Game 1... and if they do win Game 2, I'll have to adjust my prediction, because I think they'll win Game 3, as well... but if they lose Game 2, it will be over in 5.
    test
  12. G-Rob da great

70 is a little low but I think they'll stay in the 80's or very low 90's at best.

Our defense is alot better than given credit for. Look at Detroits point totals vs Cleveland dating back to game 1 of the conf. semi's last year:

97 (overtime game)
    79 (monday night)

Since the turnaround in game 2 of last years series, they only scored 90 points in regulation once and it was 90 on the dot... that's in 10 meetings.

These teams matchup well IMO and I think the entire series will be a defensive slugfest like game 1. The Cavs have been playing great defense pretty much since the fourth quarter of game 2 in that series last year and it rarely lets up. Detroit is capable of playing better offensively than they did in game 1 but I'm not expecting an "offensive explosion" or anything like that.
    test
  13. MC propaganda

Flip saunders is not the most genius of a coach, don't expect anything brilliant on his part, he likes to play captain obvious with everything.

and to answer the question about detroit avg 70-80 the whole series, probably, mainly cause tayshaun always struggles offensively against the cavs, i dont know if its just because he gets worn down or what against lebron, but he rarely does great against them with more than a few-8 points, he was only 1-11 last night, hes got to find a way to get it going, but there ones piece different we have this year we didnt have last year, and thats chris webber, while hes not as defense as ben or even in the same department, his offensive game is a big plus, i expect him to shake things up a little bit, without the points he got last night, which ben most likely wouldnt have gotten, game would have been a loss, maybe not though. ben could have put a little more d on Z i guess. But if chris has a big game or 2 in this series with 15 plus, those games will be won. He dropped 22 on the bulls the other night, hes capable of getting it going every now and then

I see the games being close, but i see the series ending in 5-6, mcdyess needs to get a going a little more, not to mention what a shit game that was for billups last night, if one more key guy steps it up a little more, shouldnt be a problem. This is the 5th straight game cavs have struggled to find offense, pistons in my book dont have to worry as much, cause they got guys who can step up in the clutch at any given time no matter how bad a game they've been having, billups was an example of that last night, rip and rasheed were beasts, as i said before, if sheed hits atleast 15, we're likely to win, and he hit just that last night, he'll be key in this matchup against the cavs, he was a blocking machine last night as well with 7, and his rebounds were great with 12, hes the x factor in my book, as long as he continues to play well, i dont worry. Even if he doesnt though, thats usually when everyone else is on and ready to go, with webber capable of scoring more on certain games, it could be a big turn around, he hasnt been doing that in the past few games though, so we'll see.

i still think we'll dominate just fine
    test
  14. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Once again Lebron passes on the big play and Cavs lose.

It was ok to pass since Donyell was open, but Lebron was right at the rim.

Tell me at that moment, your star is not supposed to take it strong and dunk it or go to the line.

And no I'm not basing my comments on Lebron James mind state soley on that one post game interview. It was a reinforcement of what I've observed.

He's said numerous time he wants to be world wide phenom, I've read some magazines articles about his plan for global domination. His boys and his marketing company. I'm not knocking him for his ambition, all I is he wasn't totally focused.

This isn't the first time people have questioned his fire, and with how he ended game 1 it won't be the last.

At some point you have to admit there is a pattern. And King James from his attitude doesn't seem in a hurry to change.
    test
  15. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

The first game is always a bruiser? The Pistons whacked the bulls if i reckon and we got whacked in game 1 last year. I don't think the pistons will average 70 points but they will average around 83. Niggaz don't know our defense is the shit yet but o well ya'll will soon
    test
  16. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

O i know it ain't gonna change with us lol. our offense is terrible but lebron wasn't gettin the calls last night when fouled. It was good to see z have a good game also
    test
  17. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Yea i said all along we was gonna win game 2,3,4,6 and win the series so i gurantee we will win game 2.

I ain't mad tho it's just that iced out is a idiot for sayin we don't have a chance.

Lmao @ ilcowskis

Lebron could have dunked that last shot but o well i am used to him passing up ties to go for wins cuz he did it alot last year.

I expect him to go nuts on thursday and i hope this time the refs call the fouls
    test
  18. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

it was a two half game. we won half one and ya'll won half 2. Lebron has gotta shoot atleast 18 times a game tho. this nigga jumper has fell off tremendously from last season
    test
  19. G-Rob da great

Chauncey and Sheed tend to struggle against Cleveland too, but Sheed likely will benefit with the help of Webber against our bigs.
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

It was only the wrong play because Donyell missed the shot.

Had he made the shot, LeBron nets a triple double, Cavs win, he's a genius and etc.

The play has worked before, it didn't tonight and since when is "going for the win" rather than "going for overtime" on the road a horrible thing?

"That's a play we didn't want to happen," Hamilton said. "We wanted everybody to stay home but LeBron went to the basket and drew so much attention. Donyell just missed the shot."

He's right. It was not a BAD play no matter how you slice it. Donyell (a good three point shooter) was open enough to "drink a cup of tea" as Mike Brown pointed out.

You don't become a worldwide phenom and get a ton of marketing dollars by SUCKING AT BASKETBALL.

Because you only question the plays and games when it doesn't work in his favor. When it works in his favor you talk about something else like the Spurs*. Whatever floats your boat buddy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.