The o-fishy-al 07 eastern conference finals thread

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by G-Rob da great, May 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

#1 Detroit Pistons (10-5)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VS.

#2 Cleveland Cavaliers (11-4)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

CLE LEADS 3-2

Game 1: DET 79, CLE 76

Game 2: DET 79, CLE 76

Game 3: CLE 88, DET 82

Game 4: CLE 91, DET 87

Game 5: CLE 109, DET 107 (2 OT)

Game 6: Saturday, June 2nd (8:30 PM, Quicken Loans Arena)

Game 7*:

test
  2. G-Rob da great

Believe in Cleveland. The world will be stunned. Cavs in 6.
    test
  3. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Pistons in 6.

5 if they dont get complacent
    test
  4. Mind~$oul

Mind~$oul I'm Pretty

lol@Sheed and Hughes pics

Pistons in 5 bitches
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

Yeah I was laughin at Sheed's pic when I posted it lol
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

The main guy I'm worried about stepping up is Sasha-- he seems to have been rattled at different times throughout this years playoffs and he's been struggling a little bit. Everyone else in the Cavs rotation was on this stage last year pretty much...

Mike Brown went deep into the rotation tonight and it paid off in the closeout against the Nets-- Damon Jones, Daniel Gibson and Donyell Marshall all got meanigful minutes (and in the ••h quarter on top of that)-- makes me wonder if any of these guys will get a lot (if any) time in the Detroit series.
    test
  7. the Prince

the Prince New Member

cleveland looked awful with lebron on the bench in the 3rd quarter today
    test
  8. G-Rob da great

Word. Makes you wonder how they're 9-2 with him in street clothes when they look as discombobulated as they did in the third yesterday.
    test
  9. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

i got pistons in 5..

i dont think they can match the pistons on both ends of the floor.. lebron cant do it alone(even though he came close last year)
    test
  10. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Good thing he don't do it alone. He drive and dish more than he shoot now and if our shooters make shots we gonna win this series.

The pistons is so worried about lebron they not gonna worry bout nobody else makin shots till they actually make em. The nets did it and paid for it but lebron better shoot more than 16 times a game.

When lebron go to the hole hard like game 6 vs jersey nobody can stop him
    test
  11. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

I think this will be a difficult series for Lebron. Right now his interests and focus are divided, going against a team that has his undivided attention.

All the Pistons have heard is how great Bron is, and the fact that Detriot has reached the ECF for the 5th straight year hasn't received half the pub.

And you know how the Pistons play when they feel they've been slighted.

I figure them to punish Lebron as often and mercilessly as possible.

And from what I've seen from Lebron before, he can be intimitaded in that manner. I still don't see that killer instinct in him.

Will he be able to rachet his intensity up to overcome 5 guys determined to make his life on the court hell? Lebron still has some manning up to do. He's still a great player, but I doubt he's strong enough to impose his will in a Jordan like manner.

Sometimes the game comes so easy for some that they don't have that fire. It's just basketball to Lebron. Unless dusty ass Damon Jones gets inspired and Donyell has deja vu, I really don't see the Cavs shooters being good enough to win.

And seeing with how they struggled against the Nets, the Cavs as a team are poorly prepared to get into a dog fight with the Pistons teeth fully bared.

Detriot 5.
    test
  12. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

What channel do you be watching? Thats all i hear is how this the pistons 5th straight trip to the conference finals.

What do u mean lebrons interest are somewhere else?

Jordan got stopped by the pistons 3 times before he finally beat em to advance and that was jordans 7th season not his ••h straight out of high school. Lebron is nothin like jordan anyway imo there is no comparison.(i ain't talkin bout you either)

Lebron know he gonna get punished vs detroit tho. I just hope Z is on his game and Anderson Varaejo and Gooden fuck rasheed up.

We will never go down 4-1 i don't give a fuck who it's against

Cavs in 6
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

Um, Donyell Marshall and Damon Jones aren't our primary shooters. [funny]
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

Like I said, it's never too late to watch your first Cavs game of the season. Tune into TNT monday night
    test
  15. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Lebron is busy trying to make his name a Global phenomenon.

He's got his marketing company, his girl, his family.. and then basketball.

Or that's what it seems. Right now I don't think his mind is in the place it needs to be to overcome a motivated Pistons team.

I haven't seen him to have that singular drive, that tunnel vision to block out the rest of the world. He's been gifted in many aspects, but that drive is derived from your personality.

Knowing you're going to be punished, and knowing how to handle it are 2 different things. He hAS to be a beast for 40 minutes every game for the Cavs to have any hopes. Because if he defers to his teamates it's not gonna happen.

I've watched a few Cavs games, not enough to really speak on the supporting cast with certainty, but I did catch the the games against the Nets, and they don't seem that impressive.

It's like when Utah was beating on Golden State, you have to take how sucessful they were playing but realize who they played.

The Cavs have had the easiest road of any team of the playoffs, first through an injury riddled Wiz team, and an underachieving nets team.

I said 'dusty' Damon Jones because I know he doesn't get a lot of burn - so to expect him to come in and be able to hit 3 balls is a bit to ask for. Especially against a defense as zoned in as Detriot's.

But I'll be watching tomorrow. I want the Cavs to come out of the East, but it's not happening.
    test
  16. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

Well i'll tell you how it seems from somebody who actually hear bout lebron everyday since i live where they talk bout him all day.

1.He is a greedy money hungry nigga...in the offseason tho he don't talk bout it during the season.

2.If yo gurl was 8 months pregnant and was on a stretcher wouldn't you be worried also? thats human nature.....................

The cavs did have the easiest road which is why i thanked the bulls for losing to new jersey that final night of the season but you still gotta win games and we did.

The cavs have alot of shooters-damon jones,daniel gibson,donyell marshall and sasha pavlovic so if the pistons pack the lane it will be a ton of opportunities to have open shots.

Detroit is the cream in the east we all know that but the cavs can beat em if they defend.

Cavs in 6 in this series and in the next series vs the spurs
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

You seem to be talking out of your ass. You're basing that ALL on what you heard during ONE postgame press conference.

For one, it IS JUST basketball. Let me ask you something, what for YOU comes first, your place of employment or your family?

Give the man a break. If your pregnant girlfriend fainted you wouldn't be thinking about a "killer instinct". Family coming before basketball is not some unbelieveable groundbreaking news. I'm going to go rip Derek Fisher for showing up late to game 2 of the Warriors series while he was with his sick daughter.

Not.

And LeBron's private life is ALOT more separate from basketball than the average NBA Superstar. It's not like his girlfriend does NBA commercials and walks around the locker room on camera like Tony Parker allows Eva Longoria to do. If I didn't know any better I'd think she had a contract with the Spurs* and was going to get in at two guard one day.

Did you watch game 6 of the Nets series friday night? Apparently not.

LeBron has the drive. You're looking at a team that has improved every year since he's been in the league. A team that was projected to lose to the Wizards last season, won 3 tight games to pull it out- and because of who? LeBron. He hit two game winners in that series and assisted Damon Jones in the game to close them out. The following series against Detroit they weren't even supposed to win a game and almost won the series. WHO is creating the drive for the team besides the leader?

Last year they led the league in fourth quarter comebacks. This year they've advanced further in the playoffs than they have in a decade. You want to talk about an easy road to the conference finals- WHO do they have to thank for GETTING THAT ROAD? The Cavs weren't GIVEN the number 2 seed. They had to fight for it. They HAD to win 4 straight games at the end of the season and a crucial overtime victory IN Chicago on March 31st.

By the way: LeBron had 39 points on 14-25 shooting, 11-13 from the line, 5 rebounds, 9 assists AND he scored 5 straight points in the final minute of overtime to seal the victory when the Cavs were trailing 108-104 in that Chicago game (whoo, that's some hot shit). KEEP IN MIND, had the Cavs lost that game the Bulls would've been virtually impossible to catch for the number 2 seed and THEY would be in the position we're in right now. Most would look back to that game as the game that possibly defined the seasons for the Cavs and Bulls. And you say the kid doesn't have any drive? Well what the hell would you call it then?

You don't just switch up a formula after 6 months because it's the conference finals. The Suns don't start playing halfcourt ball in the playoffs- Shaq and Dwayne Wade don't all of the sudden start launching three pointers- Tony Parker doesn't start working on his post game.

LeBron is one of the few players in the NBA that can dominate a game without scoring 30 points. Like I said, look at game 6 last friday night. LeBron had 23 points. Watch footage of how we played with LeBron on the floor and without him on the floor. His aggression opened it up for other players. Without LeBron in that game it's game 7 tomorrow night and not game 1.

LeBron passing is part of the gameplan and part of his game. It's not going to change, he's not going to jack up 35 and 40 shots and it's not the formula to win. He's not Kobe, he's not MJ, he's LeBron. Nothing against those players but he's just different, and that's what they had to do for their teams to win games. This is what LeBron does for his teams to win games and what has been in our gameplan for the last 4 years shouldn't all of the sudden change abruptly because it's the conference finals.

Nobody's going to be asking him that. There's a chance he might depending on what secrets Mike Brown is planning, but before game 6 friday, Damon Jones had played a total of one minute (!) in this years playoffs, including the Washington series where garbage time was around to use. In game 6 he got a FEW minutes (12) but he was mostly used as a decoy as he only went 0-1 from the field. Without New Jersey's small ball hurting us from game 3 onward, I doubt he would've even been in the game at all. He's just not a part of the rotation this year, so I don't know where you get that from.

Good to know you're pulling for the Cavs (obviously because you say they're an easier test for the Spurs), but it just seems from your posts over the last few years that you don't know much about them. Not surprising because I know LeBron and the Cavs aren't too popular over on the west coast.
    test
  18. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Bah man, working on gameday sucks, atleast i'll be listening on the radio

go pistons!
    test
  19. Speedy Gunzalez

Speedy Gunzalez Awareness is my Alias

Detroit in 4 or 5.
    test
  20. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Pistons in 5, because Detroit will NOT worry about Lebron... they will handcuff everybody else, just like they did the Lakers in '03-'04 when they let Shaq roam and defended everybody else... both teams are out for respect... Pistons have always felt slighted since they won their championship and the Cavs are hungry because the odds are against them.... this will be an excititing series, but if the Pistons play like the mentally focused team they are, then they will win, no ifs ands or butts about it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.