The Number 23 (Jim Carrey's latest attempt at A-list)

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Tray_Is_Gay, Feb 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/thenumber23/

Eh.

I listen to Coast To Coast from time to time and this old woman was on.
    http://www.numberslady.com/
    ^^She knows all these supposed "meanings" behind numbers (apparently if your "life path number" is "1" you like to "be in control").
    And the film makers actually asked HER for some advice while making the movie, obviously asking her about what 23 meant and all that shit.

It's another one of these paranormal-turned-Hollywood-flick types, like when they made "White Noise" about the already-happening phenomenon EVPs.
    test
  2. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I can't get over Carrey's constant smirk to really take him seriously. Tom Hanks used to have that, too... but he can work it out, sometimes.
    test
  3. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Yeah it will be hard to take Jim Carrey seriously. However I do wanna see this movie.
    test
  4. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Jim Carrey is the shit.. There aren't too many of his roles I didn't enjoy

Did you like the Truman Show, Eternal Sunshine... He can act too, give him his credit!!!
    test
  5. Ethan Albright

Ethan Albright New Member

Yeah.... i was gonna say... I didn't really like Eternal Sunshine, but he did nothing wrong as an actor in it. As well as a few other of his movies.

He built a career on over-acting and by being extremely dramatic in one way or another. So getting that out of his system has got to be a challenge. Especially when you consider he failed at comedy until he began acting insane.
    test
  6. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

I liked Truman Show, but not because of him.

Anyone coulda worked in that movie.
    test
  7. Hidden_Poetry

Hidden_Poetry New Member

Nah Jim Carrey made that movie what it was. It just wouldn't have been the same with out him in it.
    test
  8. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

I Kept seeing commercial and wondering "is that Jim Carrey"? They definitely aint promoting it like "The Number 23 STARRING Jim Carrey". Kind of surprising.
    test
  9. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

It wouldn't be the same without the amazing score, that's what it wouldn't be the same without.
    test
  10. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

Prolly cuz every movie that does that with him ppl instantly associate with some wack ass semi-drama or toilet comedy.
    test
  11. Superman70

Superman70 edited

Yeah I had the same reaction, Oz.

And Carey can play serious roles very well.

I liked Eternal Sunshine, The Truman Show, and The Majestic.

They did all involve comedy, but it wasn't difficult for me to take him serious when the time came.
    test
  12. -Oz-

-Oz- ^^^^^

How many Jim Carey movies didnt see a profit? Dunno how he aint A list. Guy gets 25 million a film. Show me another B List actor that gets that.
    test
  13. Krighst

Krighst ,//,';./';.//''./';''/.;

He did Dumb & Dumber. He's the best Lloyd Christmas I know...in fact he's the only I know...

Anyways, the guy can act either way. I am somewhat intrigued by this new film...
    test
  14. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

Thank you. I've noticed it in the commercial too.

PS, Jim Carey was funny until about, puberty. Now 99% of the time, he's just annoying and makes me want to punch him in the face. I did kind of like Bruce Almighty though, as an overall good movie.
    test
  15. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

Keanu Reeves, Slyvester Stallone, Martin Lawrence gets FIFTY fucking million a flick, Chris Rock......I can go on.

Purse don't have much to do with how far up a person is on the class system.

If you're a sub-par actor who has starred in shitty movies, doesn't matter how much money it pulls in, you're still a piece of shit actor.

That's why Tom Cruise will never win an Oscar.
    test
  16. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

lol...tom cruise does paly in good movies tho..regularily.

no one can match alan rockman anyway..in terms of acting..british actors are far beyond american actors.
    test
  17. OrtizDupri

OrtizDupri then you gotta BREATHE

Martin Lawrence does not get fifty million a movie. If you think that, you smoke rocks.
    test
  18. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

His annual salary is FIFTY million a year.

Look it up if your ass isn't busy being propped 90 degree angles by massive sticks.
    test
  19. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

True. How was Eternal Sunshine marketed in America? Over here they doctored the trailer heavily and it was marketed as a wacky comedy. Stupid.
    test
  20. Tray_Is_Gay

Tray_Is_Gay Sup, Tray?!

they barely showed commercials for it.

it wasnt so much that ppl thought it was "oh hey jim carrey's latest comedy", it was just that people didnt know about nor cared enough to see it

lol.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.