The New Tribune - 8/30/04 - VERY IMPORTANT MATTER AT HAND

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tha Talent, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

The New Tribune
    A Tha Talent Production

Table of Contents
    --INTRO--
    --SOAPBOX--
    --THE NEED FOR COMMUNICATION--
    --TALENT'S TOP TEN--
    --ONE'S TO WATCH--
    --CENTER OF CONTROVERSY--
    --OUTRO--

Intro
    not goint to introduce this too much, but you should read this mag, it has a lot of information...most important is the article called THE NEED FOR COMMUNICATION...word, have fun...peace.

Soapbox
    let's keep the soapbox short as well...two champs at once, a rare site...then again, not too rare...this week will be interesting...Mac and me and Noib squaring off...Omen's back in the league, so that's fucking awesome...i kinda forced him in but that's not a big deal is it?...lol...49 members, that's great to see, good size increase...shame to see Anaphora, Cereal Killer, and Formal Logic all signing out, but what can you do...Tek's no show just shows that it's never good to put too much pressure on yourself...i'm sure you've all caught some wiff of controversy between L-Dogg, Mac, and myself...well, L Dogg and I have come to ammends, and Mac and L are still bitching at eachother, but what can you do?...i hope you all have fun this week, let's look past a little controversy and realize that this league is just a hobby, and we should keep it fun..."what's with the melodrama/ fellows wanna hover in my cypher like a helicopter"...just to quote a little Talib Kweli...anyway...keep dropping topics and the league should be fun...AND READ THE IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING ARTICLE...peace.

The Need for Communication
    look, we are all in this league together...consider it a family of RSTL members...whether you like everyone or not, that's none of my business...what is my business is making this family work...making the league run...so please, i request that if you have anything you'd like to address to me, about anything, please hit me up on AIM @ Blankyank or email @ blankyank@cs.com and feel free to tell me anything...i will not get offended...specifically, i'd like to address the situation of me and Mac participating in the league along with holding moderator spots...if any of you feel that that is harmful to the league, please tell me...i have already dropped a crew that i COFOUNDED because i felt that it could cause problems in the league...i will not hold grudges, and i feel that if you talk things out with whomever you are holding a grudge towards, you will enjoy your stay at this site, in this league, and in life in general...situations that go unaddressed will cause distress in the long run...anyway, that's my piece...just please, talk things over...i really want you all to feel comfortable in this league, and feel comfortable talking to me...so whether you want writing advise, just a little chat, or you have a serious matter, hit me up on AIM or email me and i'll be willing to help you out with your concerns.​
    test
  2. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Talent's Top Ten

10. The Novelist...
    ...last week, his loss caused controversy...largely because his verse was good, and some people didn't appreciate Edward Lake's...still, despite the loss, he makes the top ten...his verse was very well written and had a huge and somewhat suspenceful plot...his construction/lay out was solid and he seems to be a good storyteller that could use a little polish...very good verse.

9. Edward Lake...
    ...this verse sparked the new quarrelling between L Dogg and Mac Flow...anyway, put that aside and realize that this verse was very well done...though, to some it might seem simplistic, that was the essense of it...sometimes simplicity works itself out wonderfully...he had such a creative concept, to write as a person who has been written about...his word choice was well placed and his whole verse was very smooth...strong showing.

8. MC4Sight...
    ...i'm starting to dislike two and three part series' in the RSTL...they don't offer the completeness of a full story until the end, and they require rereading the past verse if the voter expects to be honestly able to vote...however, there is no denying that MC4Sight's verse this week, part one of a new series, was very well written...extremely well written...he developed his characters very well, and though he didn't get past that, he did it so well i felt i had to put him on this top ten list.

7. doYen...
    ...if you haven't figured out who doYen is by now, you aren't reading very carefully...his seemingly unlimited use of multis and his strong emotion carried his verse this week, which was a story somewhat parralel(i have no clue how to spell that word) to the story of Kunta Kente...he's really a great lyricist, and a very good storyteller...i feel his style would fit topicals more than storytelling, but he can tell stories nicely.

6. DahLohner...
    ...this guy is a genius...there is no other way of explaining how you come up with Joseph Stallin in 1919 as the man you chose to write a verse about freedom with...the way he laid out the communist revolution was brilliant...though, he's right, his writing did show a little rust, the rust was minimal and the story was excellent...fantastic verse by a great writer and a true RSTL legend...if he doesn't win a title whenever he gets there, i'd be shocked.

5. Khoi...
    ...i told Khoi to writenaturally for the RSTL...he did that this week, and came off with a fantastic verse with an excellent twist...the verse was about overglorification and freedom, and he really pulled it off...his verse featured several amazing lines and some very intelligent views on humanity...it will be interesting to see him in his continued rise up the RSTL chains, and whether he can get that title shot.

4. Atheist...
    ...though Tek disappointed us all with a noshow after making a big deal about being able to beat Atheist, that doesn't mean anything but one extra week for Ath...he originally had written what seemed to be a better version of Cereal Killer's verse, but when CK posted first, Atheist changed his mind...he went with a very interesting concept dealing with a lot of theology...the return of Jesus was his theme and the way he presented was original and well written...he's a great storyteller, there is no doubt about it...so when will Atheist's time come in the RSTL?...we will see, he's ranked 4th now, so watch out.

3. Lord of Emo...
    ...we've all seen a ton of alcoholic verses, but this one was very unique in its perspective...it was of a man who knew he had a problem, knew he could not get over it, and had tried...he was speaking of the failed attempts and of all the lies he's told and the emotions he's under because of it...just a very interesting subject matter...as far as Lord of Emo goes as a writer, he's quickly developing into one of my favorites...at only 2-0, his two verses have been brilliantly written...he's got a flair for multis, yet his writing styles isn't the same as other multi-flavored heads like Peril, Warren and Vern...just a very smooth writer who seems to know what he's doing.

2. Noib da Mutt...
    ...Noib has been improving vastly...last week was the best verse i've ever seen from him...he really hit hard on the no visual imagery topic, far and away the best verse on that topic this week...he shut out Cereal Killer, which isn't an easy thing to do, and he really did it with a flair that impressed me...kid's got serious skills and this week will be fun.

1. Awedishin...
    ...though i've never really minded losing, i don't like ties...they are so indecisive...yet, that's how voting ended up between me and Mac, and, to a degree, i'm honored...he really wrote a great verse this week...his rhyme scheme was on even more so than normal, and the tragedy he brought out in his story about this woman was very well executed...his verse had all the polish that last week's verse lacked...the emotionally fragile beware, this verse will bring you to tears...great verse.

One's To Watch

• Victor Valiant - Newcomer caught a no show but impressed me
    • JS Free - This guy had a very interesting verse last week, and fixing up rhyme scheme would do wonders for him
    • MC4Sight - Last week's most well written verse was just part one.
    • doYen - 9-0...what more do i have to say?
    • Atheist - guy's on fire with great storytelling, and this week he'll have an opponent
    • Noib - can he pull off the upset?
    • The Novelist - his loss caused some controversy, and he's got a lot of skill
    • DahLohner - i officially crown him the most intelligent RSTLian ever
    • Omen - the return...
    test
  3. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

Center of Controversy
    Noib Interviews L-Dogg

Noib: you want an interview?
    L Dogg: about what
    Noib: for the RSTL...
    Noib: mag...
    L Dogg: lol ok
    Noib: ayite...
    Noib: you ready?
    L Dogg: yep
    Noib: so this week we're interviewing the one and only L Dogg, the center of much controversy this week, RSTL legend, and much respected RMer...
    Noib: alot of beef has been going on lately with you and fellow legends Mac FLow and Talent, care to share how this all occured?
    L Dogg: it started over some stupid rule they made to favor ONE perticlur member of the league who couldnt find time to vote on all 6 matches. The rule is biased an helps people such as themselves. me an Nebz, two ex fellow rstl mods see this as just another poor choice that these new mods of the league are making. Talent an I aren?t beefing becuase he is a man who i respect. Mac flow on the other hand is a fat man trapped inside the mind of a 4 year old
    Noib: you mean a 4 year old trapped inside of a fat man...
    Noib: it sounds to me like this is something that could be squashed very easily...
    Noib: why do you think it's carried on for so long?
    L Dogg: becuase mac flow takes what i had to say to heart and cares about my every word. he should seek advice on how to handle himself in a more mature manner. i tried to tell him to leave it be but he must not have been able to understand those words. so u might wanna ask him why L dogg is such an important factor in his every decison of life on RM
    L Dogg: he claimes to want to leave the site becuase of me, yet when i tell him im glad he is doing it becuase of me, he comes back to say he will stay just to make me mad. he acts like he dont care about this, but its clear he is baising every decision he makes around how i feel so obviously he cares about this more then he is willing to admit.
    Noib: what's odd is, this hasn't been a call out situation in which you guys settled it with writing, there's been more personal attacking than actual disses, do you think there's the potential for a pink slip callout?
    L Dogg: lol nope. first off pink slip matches never work the way their ment for.. 2nd there is too much contravercy with my name an majority of the people who would be voting to make the match fair.. 3rd.. writing stories against one another isnt gonna change the fact mac is a moron. he keeps saying ill never beat him an never have like it should be somthing im concerned about. Mac has never been a writer who has given me motivation to try an beat.
    Noib: not to take away from your status or anything...
    Noib: but Mac is respected as one of the top writers ever on this site, so alot of people are in his corner...
    Noib: how do you take the mass amount of criticism that you're receiving?
    L Dogg: people can respect man an should for what he has acomplished in the league, but like i said his writing has never struck me as somthing that a person like Omen or Talent would write. I take the criticism with open arms becuase everyone is intitled to have their own opinions an i have no right to take that away from them. im not trying to win a popularity contest. im just doin my thang, an people who know me know that.
    Noib: so what exactly are you trying to accomplish with Mac? In terms of making the beef public?
    L Dogg: nothing at all. it wasnt meant to be as bad as it got. Mac just let me get the best of him. when i tried to tell him to act his age an stop with the whole cheating thing, he kept at it so im just playing his game-even if its making me seem like the bad guy..
    L Dogg: i dont have beef with mac.. im enjoying our feud cuz its not somthing i stress about
    Noib: wordness...
    Noib: would you be up for a truce?
    Noib: or whatver you guys do these days...
    L Dogg: nope lol
    L Dogg: he is to hard headed to admit he made this a bigger issue then it should have been.. an im not sorry for anything i have said.. so he can get at me if he wanna truce but i wont be the one making the first move
    Noib: so, as far as you and Talent are concerned, it isn't to the same extent as you and Mac?
    L Dogg: not at all.. talent is putting up with my tuff acusations pretty well. he is a person of understanding and like me accepts other opinions with open arms. so i have nothing but respect for him
    Noib: I see...
    L Dogg: He posted my Article which everyone should go an read by the way
    Noib: well, it looks as if there's alot of shit goin' on that may be far from being over soon, I wouldn't be suprised to see a reply from the Mac man soon... By the way, are you signing back into the league again?
    L Dogg: i wont sign back into the league until i see it improved. it is to crooked right now an has been for awhile. i wanna make articles on a weekly basis to try an change that. Mac will im sure respond an keep being gay.. thats his problem not mine though
    L Dogg: an until there is mods who run it without being in the league themselves an in crews with people in the league it wont be improved
    Noib: revolution... no doubt...
    Noib: well, alot of people will be looking to you signing back in, and be sure there will be a ton of gossip regarding this... but for now, you're done man... thanks for the time...
    L Dogg: no problem.. good luck this week noib. beat mac for me : )
    Noib: thanks man...
    Noib: good luck to you with your articles, I'll mos definately be looking out for them...
    Noib: pz man...
    L Dogg: pz

Outro
    and this wraps up an interesting week in the RSTL...in the end, L-Dogg will still have sex on camera and Mac will still eat a cheeseburger after every meal...so everything is fine...peace.​
    test
  4. TRAP.

TRAP. i'm soo old school.

good mag.
    test
  5. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

I'm not here to be friends anymore...so everyone keep that in mind. I've decided, and that's it.
    test
  6. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

oh and thanks for the #1 verse, 'preciate it
    test
  7. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

oh, and I stuck this for you Talent, since I guess you forgot to, and closed my top 20 countdown from last week

pz
    test
  8. L dogg

L dogg New Member

good mag
    test
  9. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt New Member

I like the interview...
    test
  10. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

i liked everything about this mag.

this is the first time i actually read EVERYTHING in the mag. dopeness.

thanks for the #4 spot, talent.
    test
  11. doYen

doYen Man Above All

nice mag...

thanks for the mention...

and i agree, topicals are my my steeze now...
    test
  12. DahLohner

DahLohner Straight Up Un-Holy

Fascinimating.

IMOUT
    test
  13. Thanks for the #9 spot I guess....damn I hate myself.

*runs into brick wall*
    test
  14. Omen

Omen O Luh Da Kids

Good work on the Mag Talent ..

always a dope read my friend
    test
  15. Lokternal

Lokternal New Member

Good work, glad to see you putting a lot of effort into it!
    test
  16. Khôi NguJin

Khôi NguJin faith.hope.love

Thanks for the mention Talent and props to all that make this league possible. Great dedication all of you. I'ma look to stay in the league with school and all- and perhaps finally get a much needed title shot one day. I've been so close, hopefullly I can get there.

Peace, props.
    test
  17. MC4SiGHT

MC4SiGHT JOE COMMiSSO

word. this was a great mag.
    test
  18. Ace Boogie

Ace Boogie New Member

this is one of the things I like about this league

Good job on this
    test
  19. Eternalpath

Eternalpath I am FEMALE!!!!

Reading this made me tired.. nice and LONG but great material.. sorta like Talents stories. Hey enjoyed this much.. Now time for me to get soem rest.. Shool starts next week and i have to get in the mood again I'm a junior :)
    test
  20. Vembeezy

Vembeezy New Member

he had such a creative concept, to write as a person who has been written about...his word choice was well placed and his whole verse was very smooth...strong showing.

that isnt creative, come on now....then again ......it may just be Im a geizer with a fucked up opinion.......so i withdraw this comment

AHHA, L dogg embarrased mac
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.