the new mbox is out!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ral4ever1985, Sep 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

ok the new mbox is out it looks hot in all but i dont see any new features that set it aprt from the old one all it is the design.

click here to peep
    test
  2. -[InfaMouz]-

-[InfaMouz]- || M.Maestro ||

test
  3. DJ NoNseNse

DJ NoNseNse Nonsense Productions

i seen this yesterday online, one new feature it has is midi ins and outs. Im not sure about the other features. Looks coo but i dont think theres enough to make me wanna sell my old one for that.
    test
  4. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

i found it
    Improved sound quality: Mbox 2 features new mic preamps (designed by Digidesign) that offer better sonic specifications than the mic preamps on the original Mbox

MIDI in/out: Unlike the original Mbox, Mbox 2 features a MIDI in/out port, offering improved integration with MIDI controllers, hardware synthesizers and samplers, and virtual instruments

More tools: Mbox 2 includes much more free software and tools (Pro Tools Ignition Pack) than the original Mbox—offering several powerful software applications, plug-ins, and other valuable tools to help get customers started creating right out of the box.

More simultaneous I/O: Unlike the original Mbox, Mbox 2 allows customers to use the two analog inputs in conjunction with the two channels of S/PDIF digital input on the unit—allowing for four simultaneous channels of audio I/O.

More flexible industrial design: Mbox 2 features a sleek, more practical and flexible design which allows the unit to lie down flat, sit with a convenient upwards tilt for easy access to the front panel controls, or simply stand vertically to fit smaller workspaces.

but is it as good as the 002r
    test
  5. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

are you referring to sound quality or spec wise?
    test
  6. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

it records at 24/48

i dont understand whyd they do that...
    test
  7. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

I do hehe
    test
  8. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

[​IMG]

all of digidesigns shit looks clean as hell EXCEPT the mbox...aint feelin this one much either...looks like the new nintendo system lol...
    test
  9. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

its been out
    but its not for sale yet

i work @ GC we havent been shipped any as of yet
    or know a price

but this shit looks 20000 times uglier than mbox1

lol
    test
  10. Embassy Sweetz

Embassy Sweetz 360's thee-shit,-b

on the site it says price: 495 i think..which is the same as the original if im not mistaken...
    test
  11. Dskillz

Dskillz aka MG The Future

Explain...
    test
  12. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

if im not mistaken tha to would mean ITS NOT OUT YOU STUPID WHITEBOIE
    test
  13. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i thought this wasnt supposed to be out till the end of the month. its not bad tho Im iffy on the mic pres tho I like the ones on the old mbox and they aint fuckin wit focusrite no more so the mic pres are gonna be different. not a bad look tho for someone who aint got nothin else tho.
    test
  14. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

its all going to be 16/44 anyway what difference does it make? realisitically how much of a difference does it make besides headroom.
    test
  15. Syntax_Mastery

Syntax_Mastery Emcee/Producer/Engineer

gay@24/48 ...wtf?

and higher word length does make a difference in sound quality... i rather record and mix in 24/192 and dither down through an Apogee rosetta unit to 16/44... than record in 16/44 all the way through....

this unit is butt ugly too... wtf@digidesign releasing this bullshit. Not like i need one... but im just saying... DAMN... ugmugg
    test
  16. NaLedge BoRn

NaLedge BoRn I beat urban in a battle!

when your recording live instruments including "VOCALS" its always better to have a bigger "headroom" option!

When your recording a RnB singer with an Alto range level recording in 41hz, it aint gonna cut it! Your gonna have to compress the shit out of there vocals making it sound extremely "un natural!

With a bigger headroom like 48 hz or even as high 192hz...your picking up a "clearer" signal so the frequencies dont tend to hit the roof as much!
    (otherwise meaning, it wont PEAK distortion levels as much!)

As for 24bit!!!!!!! if your studio aint recording in 24 bit in the year 2005 yet...you need to go ahead and return your X-Box's and go back to Atari!
    test
  17. the_P.L.O

the_P.L.O Cunt

erm

headroom is to do with the 24bit, not the frequency speed

48khz is usually used for music and sound with video

it really makes no difference to sound quality

why don't you guys try it for yourselves
    test
  18. NaLedge BoRn

NaLedge BoRn I beat urban in a battle!

^^^did you just say headroom is to do wit 24 bit????????and i know you ment "frequency size" right?????? case closed! you should read a little about recording before you post!

no offense...but did you know when you "solo" a track, all the other tracks mute except that 1? LMAO
    test
  19. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

the amount of bits has EVERYTHING to do with the frequencies....the more bits, the more steps available for each frequency...which means more detail...and less confrontations when frequencies are being rounded off to the nearest bit.....the higher the bits...the higher the frequency range.......the 16 bit is nothin but a conversion of 44khz, they are simply 2 different units that are equivalent to each other....
    and it steps all the way up to high definition which is 64bits/192khz

since music is digital....the more bits, the more step available for each frequency....realistically ur not hearin every single thing u may hear in analog...digital is rounding off the frequencies to the nearest bit...

which is why analog sounds warmer and richer, because its range is infinite....meanwhile digital is limited.......
    test
  20. MisterRock

MisterRock Fah Cure Momz

the pics and specs have been leaked for a month or longer already

lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.