..::The "New" Definitive Post Your Ride Thread::..

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by Polar, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaay-O

kaay-O K.O.

Nice! $500 is a steal.

I'm probably getting my new paint job in January for around $550.

Was the paint included?

I'm looking at a gold/brown color.
    test
  2. Tigre

Tigre Ax Me About Ebonics

I'll pick my Project Car.

General
    Car Year: 91
    Car Make: VW
    Car Model: GTI

Modifications
    Performance: 2.8 VR6, T044BB turbo, 3 inch DP, 3 inch custom exhaust, Custom Sparco intercooler setup, Tial wastegate, Tial BOV, Apex i AVC-R boost controler, bosche fuel pump,42lb injectors, custom chip, atp manifold, Qualife differentials, Neuspeed 25mm front & 28mm rear anti-sway bars, Eibach front upper stress brace, VR6 front upper strut mounts & bearings, H&R coils, Yokohama AVS tires, short throw shifter, cross drilled brake w/Mintek pads, stainless steel brake lines, g60 11" front brake conversion....shit thats enough, i know i left off more shit.

Exterior:shaved hatch button, shaved rear emblem, audi door handles, hella euro smoked tail lights.

Interior:Custom leather & suede door and rear panels,Sparco steering wheel, Sparco suede shift knob, european light switch, Recaro Racing seats, VR6 instrument cluster.

Stereo:Clarion Headunit, Clifford alarm system.

Special Notes
    350hp... Many cars get a good look at the ass end of my car. It is clean and fast. That is what i was going for in this project car, and i think i have succeeded. A solid 12 sec street car as well as a consistent 11.9-12.2 sec track car.
    test
  3. Oedipus Rexx

Oedipus Rexx New Member

ahh...see...ya learn something every day.
    test
  4. kaay-O

kaay-O K.O.

Not bad!
    The thing that always confuses me is the term "GTI" is used differently in the US from the way it's used in Germany.
    GTI is obviously a model over there.
    Here, GTI is the engine.
    It's a 16 valve engine.
    So over her you would leave the GTI out and call it Golf (I'm assuming it's either a I or a II) VR6.
    As soon as the engine is gutted it's no longer considered a GTI, although they are about 20-30mm lower than the regular Golf.
    Plus they have a better interior.

The VR6 is sweet.
    Love the sound of it.
    The only thing I hate is it makes your front so damn heavy and you really notice that when going around curves.

I'm planning on dropping one in my other Polo and making a 3,0L out of it. They're 174 HP stock right?

I'm guessing you have either the A4 or A6 handles right?

I can see why you shaved the hatch latch..I would've left the VW emblem though. Everybody shaves em off.

How much do you pay for all the tuning stuff for the VW?
    I bet I can get your ish dirt cheap. My friend is an official dealer for all major tuning brands.
    test
  5. Tigre

Well yeah Europe is different. Yeah it is a 2.8lt VR6 swap in my A2. It had the 16 valve baby in there, but i ditched it. Yeah it is a great engine, but not as reliable as the VR.

Dirt cheap is not found when doing a VR6 swap turbo setup. I have plenty of connections, but the money invested in this car performance wise can cost easily up to about 12grand. I mean alot of custom fabrications were done. Was it a pain, yeah... was it worth it, the numbers speak for themselves.

I didnt pay that much. Also, with the tuning/dyno runs it plays another factor for your wallet. I can say yeah, the VR6 is a heavy bitch, but it is fine. Im not auto-x the car so the nose heavy bitch is ok with me. It is a highway and drag beast. First gear is useless and i still break free of my tires in 3rd.

Im big with Audi/VW engines and what not. One of the biggest reasons why i am going to get the new S4 coming out. I have a cousin with a 02 Gti, with a APR STG3 setup. He doesnt even mess with me cause i will rape him day in and day out. Neither will my friend with a 96 SC STG2 VR6. This is by far not the fastest car i have, but it was a lot of fun building it.

Nothing on this car is stock. It was stripped and built from the ground up mostly by OEM products. The craziest part of my car is that i still can build it up more if i wanted to. I can still go with a standalone unit, and with my dyno i was still on stock FPR and fuel injectors.... I haven't gone to do another dyno run, after my current additions, but as of now the car is running great.
    test
  6. kaay-O

kaay-O K.O.

Oh I know VR swaps can do a number on your wallet.
    VR6 engines can be found like sand on a beach but I'm having a problem trying to find one with less than 60-70k km.

Oh and I don't think you posted it but what size rims do you have?
    Cuz my other Polo only has 15'' and anything under 16'' is a no-go for VR size brakes.

I actually prefer a nose-heavy car.
    Dunno...I can just drive it better...feels better in my hands.

Why didn' you go for the biturbo setup?
    Shit you can be pushing some major numbers with that.
    And you seem to have the money to invest in it, seeing that you're getting the new S4.
    I've only driven the old S4. Nice car though.

That's good.....finally somebody else who enjoys VAG (VW, Audi Skoda) engines.
    I mean Germans are crazy about em of course but I can't talk to them about it in my own language.
    test
  7. Tigre

I dont have VR brakes i have G60 brakes. I have 15 BBS wheels, and soon i will do a 5 lug conversion and upgrade the brakes. Right now they do the job soooo no worries at the moment. I don't drag the car that much, but maybe sometime this fall i will do the conversion to 5 lug so i will not stress the 4 lugs with my slicks i run at the track.

Noooo for bi-turbo setup. That would be great if i had a R32, but not this car. If i wanted crazy power i can always upgrade my turbo. I didnt want to go balls to the wall performance. Besides we have plenty of VR6 turbos running nasty times. None of them are bi turbo setups. Alll single turbo, t3/t4, to4, and so on. Only twin turbo setup i like is Gary H, in europe with the custom 4 door Golf, that is immaculate. Custom widebody, custom exhaust, custom interior, shit the whole car is custom. With the Audi A8 wheels, i mean his car is the best MKIV car i have ever seen hands down.

The reason i am getting the new S4, is cause i am trying to get away from some of the performance. Not all of it, but some. I want luxury, power, and a car that will last me 5 yrs. This has been a car i have wanted for the longest time, and finally with the new 4.2lt V8 engine, i will enjoy hearing the exhaust note, and the AWD again of a Audi.

Im a VAG supporter. But when i think VAG i think Lambo, Buggati... then Audi, VW...lol. When i get the S4 this will be my 4 VAG car i will own. Two VW's and 2 Audi's.
    test
  8. trifle

trifle New Member

gotta love the vag...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.