The more I exercise the hungrier I get!!!!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by MISSKEYdaQUEEN, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

MISSKEYdaQUEEN Watch the black panther..

I have stepped my exercise regimen up a whole lot with focus and intensity.

I do vigorous aerobics with a boot camp/class 3 days a week.
    I walk 2 miles (walk one mile, do 50 squats, walk another mile while jogging the last quarter mile)3 days a week.
    I also do 100 crunches every night!
    and tricep exercises 3 times a week.

I have never been sooooo active in my adult life!!!

BUT GOOD LORD it makes me starve all day long. I am always hungry and I don't know what I can eat to curb that constant hunger.

Since last week was my first week on that regimen I felt like I did excellent except I slipped like 3 times. twice I went to McDonald's and got the grilled wraps with no sauce (which is still healthier poison). And one night (after 8pm mind you) I ate some smothered chicken, yams, and macaroni and cheese.....WTF was I thinking. Not to mention that dinner was nasty as fuck I was just hungry as fawk!!! I didn't even finish it.

Please help me. I am pleased with my discipline with the activity but I weighed in today and only lost 1 lb!!!lol....1 lb!!

I should be glad I didn't gain but still...what the hell!

Please! Any suggestions anyone.

Also yesterday I was burnt out.....I slept from 7:30 pm to like 6am. I was exhausted.

Thanks in advance!!
    test
  2. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

sometimes people dont eat enough on a diet and their metabolic rate decreases which means you will burn less calories then you normally would...the exercise will help raise it though...just try and eat more healthy food...

you can pretty much never eat enough protein...your body has no place to store protein...fish,chicken breast, and lean red meat...
    test
  3. Purple Haze

Purple Haze pop warner hof

lol, sounds like you need an appetite suppressor.
    test
  4. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

I mean for real.....but when I take those I forget to eat...I'm gonna start keeping fruits and high protein things (non perishable) in the car...what are some high protein snacks I can eat on?
    test
  5. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

You gotta eat. Your metabolic rate is increasing. You need to feed the muscle you're building and have. If not, you're defeating the purpose of working out. You should try to eat every 2-3 hours because that'll keep your muscles fed and your metabolism peaked.

If you don't eat often and enough, your muscle pretty much starts eating itself. It's the way the body is designed, and it sucks. The point is to pretty much gain muscle and preserve it as best as possible. It's going to be kind of tough for you though, because you have a good amount of fat to lose. So you'll have a hard time knowing how much muscle exactly you have and how much more or less you want. Obviously as you keep getting leaner, it'll be easier.

To get any kind of good results, you're going to have to start lifting. All that cardio alone ain't going to do jack. You need to start a full body weight training program. Spot reduction does not work. If you're sore the next day, then the pushups, sit-ups and bodyweight (I'm assuming) squats are working. Even so, eventually they'll be useless and you're going to need to hit the weights. Lifting weights is much much better and efficient than cardio.

Do not take an appetite suppressant. It's no good any way you look at it. The better shape you get into, likely means you're going to have more muscle and better quality muscle. So you're going to have to eat more. The good thing is so long as you eat healthy and work out, you can eat a ton. The problem is once you feel hungry, catabolisis is usually underway. So if you're feeling hungry, you're likely not eating often enough or not taking in enough carbs to fuel what you're doing. It's tricky stuff.

You need a bodyfat analysis of some sort to give you a better picture of how much you need to eat. I'd buy a good scale even though those aren't 100% accurate. It's still better than taking shots in the dark. You should also take down all of your measurements and those will be better indicators of your progress. Take down calves, thighs, hips, waist, chest, shoulders and arms. Keep record of all of your measurments as you go.

As far as non-perishable protein, I don't know of anything I'd recommend(sp?).
    test
  6. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

Damn...^^^Daps for that! I really appreciate that shiot man!!! I will keep you posted. You mind me getting your email...I mean I don't wanna bother you but it may help to have a friend to talk to about shit like this on an occasion....feel me!

Thanks!
    test
  7. C.G.

C.G. C.G. Productionz

nuts and trail mix type things, like almonds n walnuts ive herd have alot of protein, try that i guess.
    peace
    test
  8. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

3-4 oz unsalted nuts and fruit...is a good choice...

also maybe protein bars if your willing to buy them...just buy something that you can actually eat and has close to 15g of protein...zone perfect bars are pretty decent...

the asian chicken salad at mcdonalds is not that bad for you...but i wouldnt eat there too much
    test
  9. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

^^^^Seems I will be investing in protein bars, because I can't stand nuts....
    test
  10. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

How many times a day do you eat? And at what times?

What liquids do you take in?
    test
  11. Mr Huxtable

Mr Huxtable aka Sincere

make sure you eat COMPLEX carbs (anything whole wheat, brown rice, etc) after workout to restore glycogen levels, also lean protein (tuna, lean turkey, lean ham, etc)... nuts are a good choice, but not right after or before a workout... also with nuts you're getting EFAs which are good for you (high fat grams doesnt make you fat), but make sure youre aware of the serving size as calories can add up quickly... most protein bars are garbage and should only be used for convenience... if you must eat them make sure to find one with as little sugar as possible and moderately low in fat... ummmm, make sure youre eating atleast 5 meals a day... reduce portions and increase number of meals... losing weight is scientifically based on calories in vs. calories out... if you are serious about it, the best way to consistantly lose weight is to figure out how many cals youre burning, and consume less calories than that number (a deficeit of 500 cals a day is reccomended, but you can go lower, just be careful not to go too low) you should be hungrier if you are doing cardio & lifting weights... make sure you make good choices and you should be fine...
    test
  12. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

You guys ROCK!!! Really you do...Right now this is my normal menu:

Wake up 6:00am- Drink 20 oz water , Banana
    8:00am- 1 Bowl Grape nut flakes w/skim milk (1 1/2 tsp sugar.....I can't get with the splenda in my cereal...ughh!)
    10:00am- Special K 90 Calorie snack bar
    11:30am- Bosc Pear, Apple, or Baby Carrots, 20 oz water
    1:30pm- Deli Wrap (1 slice Turkey Breast, 1 slice Turkey Ham, 1 slice Lorraine low sodium Sandwich cheese, lettuce, 1 tsp. low fat Ranch)20 oz water
    3:00pm- Fruit or Celery or Low Carb Shake
    5:30pm- 3 Boiled eggs (1 1/2 yolks taken out), 4 slices beef bacon, low fat yogurt, 20 oz water or Grilled Chicken Salad, 1 1/2 tbs of Mill Flax Seed
    7:00pm- Fruit or Low Fat Yogurt
    9:00pm- 20 oz water

I won't front though.....I slide in a Special K bar sometimes...and I always double up on the Fruit and veggies

Is it the lack of carbs that don't give me enough energy?
    test
  13. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

I'd substitute oatmeal for the bran flakes, the high fiber content will make you feel fuller. Also with the other fruit portions I'd take in blueberries because it's also high in fiber.

Your "meals" are very one sided or missing key nutritionaly elements. You should be having something like 4 balanced meals a day, such as a portion of carbs, one portion of protein, and one portion of green veggies. for each meal. Then you should be having 2 or 3 other times of day where you're having snacks to keep you full.

As it looks right now, all you're having is snacks throughout the day, some carbs here, some protein there, it's very unbalanced.

Good to see you're drinking a lot of water. Drink more though. Water makes you feel fuller and it's the fountain of youth.
    test
  14. MISSKEYdaQUEEN

^^^I noticed that!!!! I guess I need to look into making some foods in advance then because I find that I usually don't have time to cook these meals and I end up grabbing a fruit or a snack bar (hence the hunger) and then I do end up just stopping at McD's for a wrap. I see what you are saying though...

What about those oatmeal breakfast cookies (Quaker)...I am trying to ingest oatmeal...but in its hot form its horrid to me,lol....

the oatmeal breakfast cookie has- 33g carbs, 5g fiber, 3 protein, ....that doesn't look good to me.

I thought grape nuts were good for you?
    test
  15. Mr Huxtable

Mr Huxtable aka Sincere

oatmeal is superior just about anything else besides whole wheat bread... for breakfast you could have peanut butter toast or something with some egg whites... i looked at your sample diet... if youre serious about losing weight it could use a lot of tweaking... you want to eat clean foods... which means no special k bar or grapenuts (grapenuts are ok, but oatmeal and wheatbread is better)... skip the cheese and esp. the bacon on the wrap.. learn to make healthy foods taste good... it just takes some creativity, but is so easy... if i were you i'd eat more protein and less fruit... it really is as simple as this.. lean protein sources, complex carbs and healthy fats... you want about 40% of your calories to come from carbs, 40% from protein and 20% from fat... a good site to log your meals and figure out total cals and percentages is fitday.com .... check it out... im startin up a little weight loss plan right now to lose a bit for summer and am definitely going to use fitday... it helped me so much with my initial weight loss
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.