the miami dolphins return to dominance in the AFC East has been set in motion

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by double ML, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. double ML

double ML Guest

Report: Dolphins, Parcells near 4-year deal to lead football operations

By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer

December 19, 2007

[​IMG]

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) -- Bill Parcells' day began with reports he would rebuild the Atlanta Falcons. It ended with him on the cusp of taking the same job with the Miami Dolphins.

Parcells and Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga agreed Wednesday on a four-year contract to be Miami's vice president of football operations, according to ESPN, which employs the two-time Super Bowl-winning coach as an analyst.

The Dolphins declined comment, only saying no contract has been signed, and no one at Huizenga's business office was authorized to comment when reached Wednesday evening by The Associated Press.

Miami's players were also caught off-stride by the news, which broke after they finished practice.

"I don't know anything," defensive end Jason Taylor said.

So, for the second time in less than a week, an off-field story is dominating the conversation at Miami's training complex.

The first revelation came last Friday: Huizenga has been in talks about selling the team to two real estate developers for about $1.1 billion, although it seems that deal has since unraveled and there's no immediate plans by the owner to sell even a portion of the franchise.

And now this: Parcells, who previously coached the Giants, Patriots, Jets and Cowboys, is apparently set to return to the NFL.

"Really?" defensive lineman Vonnie Holliday said when told by The AP about Parcells' apparent interest in the Dolphins. "You can't control it. But somebody like the Big Tuna, regardless of who's in the front office or who's not, brings a lot of respect and a lot of credibility with him. ... If you're a free agent out there, that might draw you in."

When the Falcons announced Parcells turned them down -- while also releasing that he was in negotiations with the Dolphins -- several Miami players were playing cards and dominoes in the locker room.

"We met with him this morning to complete the contract. At that time, we were made aware by Parcells that he was considering a revised offer from the Miami Dolphins," Falcons owner Arthur Blank said. "He later informed us that he would not be signing a contract with us."

Many Dolphins immediately turned their attention to the television, seeking more information. Clearly, the mere mention of Parcells coming to Miami created an immediate buzz.

"I have a lot of respect for what he's been able to do in other places and I'd expect, if he did come in here, for him to do the same," Holliday said. "I don't know what's going to happen upstairs. I have no idea. I have a lot of respect for (GM) Randy Mueller, as well. But my interest is in what's best for this team and getting us in the right direction."

With his team mired in the longest playoff drought in franchise history -- six years and counting -- Huizenga has long sought different ways of doing exactly that. If that contract gets signed, bringing in the 66-year-old Parcells might wind up being the latest big Huizenga move.

In January 2004, he hired Miami's greatest player, Dan Marino, as senior vice president of football operations, a job created just for him. Marino resigned from the loosely defined role 22 days later, saying he didn't want to change his lifestyle.

Later that year, Huizenga hired coach Nick Saban away from LSU; he lasted only two seasons in Miami before bolting after the 2006 campaign to return to college football at Alabama.

"Bill Parcells," Holliday said, pausing and smiling. "That's a big name."

2008! we back![stubby][kat][stubby]

i hear the sound of tom brady throwin' up out of fear already[vomit]
    test
  2. the Prince

the Prince New Member

test
  3. Hardkore

Hardkore Blunts@TheBeach

double...you know i live in florida. all 19 years of my young, imperfect life. with that being said, being a fan of the MARLINS, the HEAT, and the DOLPHINS ever since i could talk, even a faithful fan such as myself know the dolphins have SEASONS of repair ahead of them. i will be rooting for them as they're repairing, like i did with the heat and marlins doing their reconstruction periods.

looks like those two teams are headed to reconstruction periods again.:frown:
    test
  4. double ML

double ML Guest

have faith young one

look how fast the tuna got dallas back on track

they're superbowl contenders this year
    test
  5. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

...wait...

...........HAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA

next year?! HAHAHAHAHHAhaHA

youre lookin at at LEAST 3 years before they make the playoffs

oh my god, thats so cute. u actually really got some hope out of this.

guy looks like a scumbag doin this too...

he pettrino'ed the falcons.

he actually went on espn in an interview and said:

"How likely is this deal in the making with the falcons?"

tuna: "well its done, when we finalize the contract. im already thinking about the draft."

then poof, lies.

lmao

guess he thought atlanta wasnt a challenge enough.

someone (i.e.: double ml) needs to be reminded that up until last sunday, the phins were looking at being the first team in the modern era to go winless.

have fun crying this sunday
    test
  6. double ML

double ML Guest

fact: the tampa bay bucs were the first team to go winless in the modern era

fact: danny C is a pats fan, who like most pats fans, makes up shit and claims it as sports fact

think about how tomy brady is havin' one hell of a season(the only season he'll ever have like this), then think about how dan marino did that every year for well over a decade
    test
  7. Gorilla Nasty

Gorilla Nasty I'm lame TBH

And somebody could easily counter that with: think about how dan marino had one SB appearance (the only one he ever had), then think about how tom brady won that almost every year for half a decade

Back to the topic though, I would be excited, but I'm also with Danny C. You're looking at at least 2 years before the playoffs. Unless you guys do some Packer-esque turn around, but that's pretty easy to bet against.
    test
  8. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

i dont know about return to dominance.

but i think he'll make them pretty decent next year for sure.

maybe they can let our lions borrow an offensive lineman
    test
  9. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

yeah, he really had the cowboys dominating!
    test
  10. double ML

double ML Guest

^^the cowboys are 12-2 right now rippy[dummy]

that's courtesy of the personnel that the big tuna put in place

but since you don't know jack shit about sports....

you do the ma.... oh wait- you're a fuckin' idiot. you'll never figure it out[funny]
    test
  11. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lmao..

your team is crap and is gonna go into total rebuild mode..

u got one bright spot on offense.. ronnie brown, whos gotta recover from a torn acl(?)

that defense sucks and will only get worse when JT and zach thomas bounce..

so how do u figure u guys can catch NE??

we got a top 5 pick too u know.. we also go the raiders 3rd rd pick..

faggots are lucky we dont got our pick..
    test
  12. DannyC

DannyC Stay golden, pony boy.

uh... what?!

EVERY year?

he AVERAGED 24 td's and 15 INT'S per year, he just set records cuz he played for 17 friggin years.

youre so fucking deluded.

his last year he went for 12 td's. 17 int's. and a 67 qb rating, clearly the case of a superbowl caliber player, who just never got it. stayed around long past his time to try to squeeze one out, only to realize he looks like a little girl on the field, saddening the public and tainting his career, but nevertheless padding both his yardage stats and td career passing stats, which by the way, brett farve just burned. no, arsoned.

suck on it
    test
  13. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@how danny C denies reality[funny]

you turnin' into a rippy clone daniel
    test
  14. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

if they draft right maybe

deshaun jackson, and get lucky by drafting a good QB in the second round. or at the very least trade for one. john beck is from BYU they never do good in the nfl
    test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Bill in Miami will do wonders....Bill is excellent at finding talent.....Dallas is prime example of this....just don't expect it to be a complete change in a year...although its possible..
    test
  16. double ML

double ML Guest

lmao@ppl thinkin' that i mean the fins will be AFC East champions next season

it'll take a few seasons, but we back on the right track now

pats fans are currently pissin' themselves because they fear the resurrection of the greatest franchise in the division

[​IMG]
    test
  17. FlaccoDaGreat

FlaccoDaGreat New Member

not really...they have randy moss

miami wont have a winning season until tom brady retires
    test
  18. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  19. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

lmao..

why would NE fear a team that hasnt won a SB in 30+ yrs??
    test
  20. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

That was a great decision by Parcells.

Atlanta spent so many years getting talent to win right away with Michael Vick under center and now that hes gone, they gotta start all over and basically let go of a lot of worthless space.

While other then the Linebackers and D line, the Dolphins are pretty young and got some great playmakers for years to come.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.