the matrix can't dodge ak-47 bullets

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Brahman, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

andrei kirilenko flat-out OWNED shawn marion tonight in front of a national television audience (tnt nba thursday 2/22)

22 points (8-12), 18 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 blocks

to

15 points (5-17), 9 rebounds, 1 steal, 0 blocks

wow
    test
  2. the Prince

the Prince New Member

ak-47 > department of defense
    test
  3. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

man, i wanna see a photoshopped pic of kirilenko dressed up as dolph lundgren in universal soldier with an ak-47 gunning down shawn marion dressed up as neo in the matrix
    test
  4. the Prince

the Prince New Member

i was looking for pictures from tonights game and the first picture that pops up is this suspect image

[​IMG]
    test
  5. worDwell

worDwell New Member

Beat me to this post...

But mine was going to be along the lines of "MArion is Kirilenko's bitch!"

It was hilarious in the second half, how many times Marion tried to jam it home, only to be swated away by Ak-47.

Especially that one block, where Marion saw Kirilenko coming, and he tried to adjust... but the look of futility was all over his face as Andre glided in to reject it. Marion was like a little girl letting out an 'eek!'

Marion was so sorry in the second half he didn't make a FG.

Lol @ his halftime interview and the ensuing results.
    test
  6. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

LMAO.......
    If Marion would of owned Kirilenko, no one would of made a thread
    about it because it's expected. But since that goofy fuck had a good
    night against Marion Brahman jumps the gun. People still find it so hard
    to beleive that the suns are doing so good. I'm just glad we aren't playing
    like the rockets or some shitty team like that.
    test
  7. worDwell

worDwell New Member

Naw it ain't 'expected' for Marion to own anybody.

When was the last time you said "Marion dominated" so and so.

He'll put up some gaudy stats on occasion, but he's a product of athleticism, in a fast paced offense, and great playmakers all around.

He cannot create for himself and is horrible on offense once you take away fast break buckets and plays going to the rim initiated from the wing and put backs. That's the extent of his offensive game, besides the occasional wide open three. Lol, dude can't post up and struggles against shot blockers.. and Bruce Bowwen.

It's not like people 'double team' Marion and shit.
    test
  8. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

making fun of the rockets?

that is so december, and i'm over it... i gave up on the season with no sad feelings a long time ago. lol @ thinking you slipped in a jab with that one

the suns are a good team, but shawn marion as a franchise centerpiece can never own another player or a whole team. his stats, which are a product of the system, are dynamic, but his on-court play most certainly is not.
    test
  9. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

ya marion never domaintes anyone...

he only avgs 22 ppg and 13 rpg..

ya he gets owned on a nightly basis.
    test
  10. worDwell

worDwell New Member

I didn't say he gets owned on a nightly basis. But when does he actually own anyone? Marion fills ups stats, and is a great garbage man, but c'mon playing on the Suns with Nash and other playmakers just seems to pick everyone up.

I mean 7 guys are having career years. Fuck, the Suns just picked up Thomas - who was on the streets - and that fool is scoring 20 points.

Anyway, back to Marion getting owned. Did you watch the game?

When you own someone, you make them a non-threat or entity. You take their heart and spirit. You make them your bitch.

Check the box score, Marion didn't even post a double double.

When the first half ended, he was all smiling and shit when they interviewed them, thinking the Suns were going to coast to another victory.

He was laughing because at the buzzer, he missed an easy alley-oop dunk at the buzzer. Got rim checked. Little did he know that was a precursor of what was to come.

Then Kirilenko put the locks on him and the Suns.

That fool was everywhere, grabbing boards, getting put backs, blocking shots.

Marion scored 2 points in the second half, and that was off FT's.

And he got rejected 3 times... when he tried to jam it home for authority. No sir, Ak-47 sent them weak ass attempts back to Russia.

That's where he got owned. You could see Marion trying his hardest to throw it down and fire his team up - but instead he would get crucially rejected and the JAzz got hyped up.

MArion sucking so bad in the second half brought the Suns down. That's why D'Antoni sat him for much of the third. Kirilenko got in his head, it was was obvious.

On top of it, Marion missed a wide open three. I will bet anything it was because his confidence was shattered from numerous humiliations.

I haven't seen Marion do that to a person, let alone a squad.
    test
  11. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

^ wrd

"the suns are a good team, but shawn marion as a franchise centerpiece can never own another player or a whole team. his stats, which are a product of the system, are dynamic, but his on-court play most certainly is not."

he's an overrated stat defender as well
    test
  12. Klas~Sick

Klas~Sick New Member

pple gotta stop lookin at the stat sheet and start lookin at the game
    test
  13. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

basically the whole agruement of marion not being that good could be translated to nash.

But for whatever reason you kids think nash is god and marion could be replaced.

and lol @ 1 game exposing him. He had a bad game everyone has a bad game. So when jordan had a bad night did the opposing player shut him down or was he just having a off night.

Ive never said hes the nba best but to say he only gets those numbers because of his team are retarded. and youd be a fool to think that ak-47 is better than marion.

Not to mention the way marion througly owned ak in their first meeting..

Noone made a thread then huh.
    test
  14. chickenwang

chickenwang (the) state of the art

i hate john hollinger
    test
  15. hiphop4govener2

hiphop4govener2 Active Member

Exactly my thougths Iceodu921.
    This thread would of never been made if it was Marion
    who owned Kirilenko.
    test
  16. worDwell

worDwell New Member

The threads not about who's better than who. It's about how Marion got thoroughly dominated by AK-47 yesterday.

Name the last time Marion owned someone, like he got owned by Kirilenko??

I'm not talking about putting up 22 and 12. That's not owning someone.

With the Suns high octane offense, stats get inflated. You guys can't see the simple logic in that?

Why else are 7 people having career years? Geeeeeeeeee I wonder.

I'm talking about taking someones manhood, rejecting them 3 times - while they were trying to do a vicious jam... stuffing them so much that they they don't even want to shoot anymore.

I'm talking about bitching someone so bad, that the other coach sits the player, and that player only scores 2 points for the rest of the game. It's like when the Suns saw how Marion was getting handled, it deflated the whole team, and everyone went into a funk.

Now... when was the last time MArion did that to someone?

I can remember several times when Marion has got bitched like he did yesterday - Bruce Bowen does it every time they face each other.

It's not like it's one off night for Marion - whenever he encounters a good defender who makes him work for his shots - and the fast break gets shut down, his weak offense is exposed.
    test
  17. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Word.
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

Iceodu thinks Tim Thomas is making Steve Nash better.
    test
  19. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

marion didn't "thoroughly own" ak-47 in their first meeting

he slightly outplayed him, but he in no way "owned" him as much as he got owned right here

that's because ak-47 is a more dynamic player who is a genuinely good defender along with his stats and who can make plays for others
    test
  20. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

shawn marion's playmaking is on par with earl boykins' shotblocking
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.