[The Mag] The RSTL Tribune: Special Edition, Issue 11

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]

. . .​

[Font="Book Antiqua]It's always terrible to have an opponent forfeit his opportunity of a victory so close to the championship. Because of this, and another arguable upset in Mound 10's favor, I have very mixed feelings about this final four and the entire tournament.

In what looked to be the sleeper match of the decade, Trybz, the favorite un-favorite never showed up. Mr. Law Abider in the flesh, who was a likely no show at any time during the regular season, somehow still surprised viewers when he neglected to post a verse. A terrible showing on his part, giving Nah Son a direct path at the title shot.

But besides this tremendous let down of a battle, there was actually one to read. Surprisingly, the other half of the final four produced a great battle between two top competitors. In one corner, you have Mound 10 who has slowly crept through the ranks of the tournament and into a secured title shot. To be honest, I feel not only as though he should have lost this past week to Got Life?, but also to TheReturn. He will definitely be nominated for the Luckiest Competitor Award if I decide to do an award ceremony. Nevertheless, Mound posted the exact "freshness" that I predicted him to, and the voters ate it up just as I said they might. Sadly enough, I feel strongly as though someone was robbed here of their rightful destiny. Mound delivered a somewhat creative plot scheme although it was unworthy of notation due to my standards. There was nothing that provoked the mind and the overall plot/story line was a typical as well as nonsensical one in which a young girl day dreams of a man who in the end turns out to be her father. The only twist, which is also unworthy of notation, is that the father is Billy Holiday and the girl "bled for the music". Corny in its nature, Mound’s verse was also cheesy in execution with a wordy/stretched flow and one of the cheesiest closers ever written. Descriptions in the beginning were strong, but aside from that, the hype clearly flew over my head.

Got Life?, in the other corner, delivered a much more mature and polished verse that dove into the insanity and obsession of a young woman who was literally dying for beauty and recognition… a much better tie into a picture than his opponent. GL delivered a solidly written and choreographed piece with a better flow and a much stronger writer's voice. But overall, the one true aspect that made my decision as clear as night and day was the actual plot/story line. The maturity brought forth through the execution while tackling not only a true and much more believable script also delivered to the reader a certain amount of emotion for the character and the progression really carried the reader through her obsession and into her inevitable downfall. The ending was much more poetic and left on a much better note than a cheesy quote about "bleeding for the music".

The only conclusion I can draw from the outcome of this battle is that crime does pay. And very well might I add. This battle definitely offers hope to those out there who dedicate their beings to a lifestyle of deceit and robbery.

In the end, Mound 10 advances, and hopefully realizes my sarcasm behind this whole "freshness" idea and actually writes a stellar verse for the championship. It will be a sad day when the likes of this new found "freshness" claim victory to a season of such great writers.

There is a definite line between the "freshness" that Mound has delivered and true creativeness. A creative writer still produces a concise and relative storyline that is worthy of recognition. A story about Billy Holiday's donated sperm stopping 1 out of 2 robbers and getting kicked in the mouth to "bleed for the music" does not constitute as creativity. Maybe it can be classified as "fresh", but it definitely does not provoke the mind or allow one to dig deep and let their minds wander while feeling the strong emotion of the character. Being creative is just covering uncharted territory or charted territory in a new way, not pulling concepts out of your ass and struggling to make sense of it. Mound 10 failed drastically here, in my opinion.

In other news, what looks to be a promising championship bout can easily turn into prison slop. Mound 10 vs. Nah Son is definitely a surprise, although not necessarily a pleasant one. I strongly doubt that Mound 10 would no show and I hope that Nah Son actually shows and delivers to his fullest potential. Assuming this scenario true, I would say that the clear winner is Nah Son. Even amidst this new freshness era, I believe that Nah Son is a strong writer with enough creativity to match the wits of Mound 10. But, this could easily end in an upset. Mound 10 definitely can write, and his momentum is gargantuan. The voters seem to love him and if he produces even a glimpse of a good story, this battle will be much closer than I will attempt to predict. Hopefully however, the decision will come down to pure talent in which I believe that Nah will prevail.

A tough call, but I will go with my gut and predict Nah Son as the first ever Seasonal Champion. The call is only tough due to recent voting trends; however I do feel that either possesses the ability to defeat the other. But on a consistent level and personal preference I believe that Nah Son is definitely the top contender here. In the end, I've got Nah by at least 2 votes, although I see Mound 10 sneaking off with the win here if there are too few votes or just bad voting in general.

Overall, this has been a very successful tournament, despite the inactivity of the forum. There have been few no shows (most definitely fewer than most other tournaments across the internet) and some pretty interesting matches. I appreciate you all putting forth your effort to make this season a success.

Good luck in 2008![/Font]

. . .

[​IMG]

test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

blah...fuck anyone that thought mound outwrote me last week...although granted if i were trybz and nah son i would have voted for mound 10 as well...he's easier to beat...
    test
  3. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

test
  4. RICO

RICO my daughter right there

fuck your shit GL
    test
  5. Mound 10

Mound 10 At peace

A mag entirely dedicated to how I am wack and should have lost to both my last competitors.

Okay that's fine MC, I respect your opinion. No really I don't. But who are you to tell me what I need to do to produce a good verse? I'll shit all over you without even trying. I beat someone that KO'd you child. You are a worthless fucking mag mod.

Aren't you out of the tournament? If you could write worth a damn you'd still be in it wouldn't you? Bad voting? Okay.

So next week I want you to write how wack ass Mound became the champion of season I but of course didn't deserve it you cock riding faggot.

See the difference is people who can do it, they do it, those who can't write about those whom they couldn't fucking stand in their shadows.

You waste of sperm. Go write a mag about that.
    test
  6. Mound 10

Mound 10 At peace

Got Life thanks for the battle, you did give me a run for my money and had me sweating a bit.
    test
  7. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Lol, I agree this mag article was pretty pointless and over the top.
    test
  8. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lmao yo you telling me nigguhs are voting tactically to secure wins. Wow.

Lol @ mound.
    test
  9. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

this was well said for a homo like yourself
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Another thing Mound, I aint gonna just sit here and let you talk about my fellow mod like that.
    test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

why not? .. he's crew fam and everything .. but even I think that 'article' smacked of sour grapes ..
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lol yeah Q did sound like a hater a bit.
    test
  13. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

re-reading it this morning i had to laugh...god I was drunk last night...

and jook i still stand by my story...both nahson, trybz, and you voted tactically to avoid the possibility of facing me.
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Got Life? and TheReturn feet smell like Fritos
    RICO got Game
    LDogg The King and Mound 10 runs this shit!
    MCQuriosity, Jook and Lucifa like it rough

rep it like it's "what?" ..
    test
  15. J o o k

J o o k Guest

What's this hollier than thou' type shit? You're coming at me like you've ever beaten me or come close bruh. Why you want to take it in that direction. You know I have lost only one time by one vote to a person I beat before.

We've battled boss. You know what happened.

I think it was at least two times I've beaten you, and both times you were KO'd. One time you say was your ghost writer or w/e, cool. No problem..

But sorry for not believing you.

Leave it to GL to come at me, just a nice innocent mod trying to make it work.

Thanks a lot.
    test
  16. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

[​IMG]
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i know,

sorry for sounding like a hater

and for the record mound, i dont think you're wack, i just think you should have lost

i think you're actually a pretty good writer, but last week wasnt the best ive seen from you
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

mound, you've never beat me

but this isnt a who can write better than who, i admit that this mag was bias because i wrote it right after i voted and i really felt as though i dont know how you won that battle

i never said you were wack though, so take it how you want, but i assumed you would take it like a man, not face down on your belly

its just an article, no love lost

i could care less if you win or lose, im only here to help the productivity and activity of the league, i only participate so that its easier to write mags because im forced to be active and vote
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and ive noticed that controversial mags are better anyway

so no longer do i hold your hands through 10 different articles, i tell it how i saw it and you grow to love it, just like that
    test
  20. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and as for being pointless, i agree as well

but what can i write about one battle other than my opinion, lol, i couldnt even think of another article to write, it was only one battle, so i broke it down and predicted the champ match

very pointless, but if i dont post a mag i get hate mail and shit so i just wrote something the other day when i had time
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.