[The Mag] The RSTL Tribune: Issue 9/Week 15

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

The RSTL
    -[ TRIBUNE ]-
    By MCQuriosity

. . .

Table of Contents:
    [table="head;autonumtitle=rank;width=40em"]SECTION |TITLE
    I|Introduction
    II|No-Show Shine
    III|The RSTL Spotlight
    IV|Q’s Championship Review
    V|Got Life’s Breakdowns
    VI|The Five Fan Favorites
    VII|Q’s Top 3 Verses
    VIII|The Shit List
    IX|The Cover Story
    X|Headliners
    XI|The Official Rankings
    XII|Q’s Predictions
    XIII|Q’s Top 3 Competitors
    XIV|Jook’s Corner
    XV|Conclusion [/table]​

[ I|Introduction ]

Honestly, I am very surprised and equally pleased at the success of this season. The first in its existence, we have really set a great example for the future of the RSTL. Initially, I had accepted this job with the intentions of passing on my powers to a participant with more bit more time on their hands. Fortunately, I was able to juggle the responsibilities of being a moderator, writing a weekly magazine, being a married man, and working a fulltime job while being a fulltime student. In the end, my wife is now 16 weeks, I completed my courses with straight A's, and I have withstood the entire first season.

As always, my time is limited this week. I have to register for classes, my wife has a doctor's appointment tomorrow, and I am still working fulltime. Not to mention that I have to write this magazine, update the archives, present the awards, and write a verse for the last championship match of the season. But of course, I continue to get the job done.

With that said, this week was actually a good one despite the controversy and excessive amount of no shows. Well, technically this past week actually sucked with lopsided battles and championship with more trouble than it was worth. But still, there were a decent number of solidly written verses.

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com . I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.​
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ II|No-Show Shine ]

"Airborn Soul"
    By Tekneek

My soul is for the deaf, dumb and blind in the world
    My soul is for the young little boy and girl
    I dedicate my pureness to the people all behind me
    I sit in the dark… with death who now has bind me
    Redesigned my passage from the world to the after
    My soul lies in limbo just before I meet the master
    A dandelion withers with its petals blown about it
    My soul has no connection to the people who have doubted
    Stars that sparkle in the night high above me
    Is a kind of perfect light that’s existent just to love see
    Embracing the nature and the forces that surround me
    Is the element of holding all the power that’s abound me
    If life serves purpose with no path to lead me walking
    Then sound becomes known when the people don’t be talking
    Half of what I act upon as who I am in life
    Is a reinterpretation of my purity in strife
    The sun radiates to let us know where we be going
    So life cannot be functioned if we cease ourselves in growing
    Soul does not allow itself to be airborn
    Therefore it is irrelevant to classify in form
    Evicting me from it is depicting me unseen
    In which my knowabouts are not to be a person but a thing
    Could the soul define itself to be a type of organism
    In which we try to guess it’s source of exhibition?
    Airborne soul is something deeper than we hear it
    Much to liking as a type of weird creation with a spirit
    Life brings things to be in existent in view
    The being that is all of us is what that makes us true
    If the soul is something treasured it is also something said
    But not visualized with eyes but a feeling from the dead
    If the air does not allow itself to be with the soul
    Then the explanation shows that this has no control
    Or type of correlation just to make this seen
    So the way to speak this topic is not person or thing
    But a way to be specific in the way we be
    There’s no airborne soul … all there is is me.​
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ III|The RSTL Spotlight ]

For many number of reasons, I have chosen to dedicate this section of the magazine to the one and only most incoherent participant among the rest, Mr. Tekneek.

Now all reasons are not negative as you may rightfully assume. Yes, it is true that this past week Tekneek has gone on a rampage of worthless posting and ranting of ruining the league which is a bad look for any moderator.

As a moderator, we not only set an example for our forums, but for the entire site as a whole. We are given powers for specific reasons and it is when we abuse those powers or let those powers boost our own ego that we become obnoxious and worthless to this website.

As of now, yes, I would love to see either one of two things happen to Tekneek. [1] He is demoderated and banned from such powers or [2] he realizes his faults and corrects them accordingly. The latter of course is a reach, but obviously the preferred event of the two.

Nevertheless, he is still a moderator and he is still the originator of this league, which in fact gives him no more say over a subject than the next participant. At this moment, Tekneek is no more than a participant and should carry himself as such or he will be subject to my foot up his ass.

With that said, I would also like to acknowledge his efforts. Although he is by far one of the worst voters that I have seen to date, at least he votes on battles. This past week he actually voted on more than was necessary which is definately notable being that he was no showed and still dropped 4 voting links when other participants rarely drop even a link.

In short, keep up the good work and make quick work of the bad. You're losing your cool and your respect simultaneously. So please get a grip, because this league will continue to run regardless of whether you agree with its existence or not.​
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ IV|Q's Championship Review ]

I have very mixed feelings about this match as it definately did not meet my expectations.

Firstly, while I did enjoy reading Bonnie's story simply because of the personality that she conveyed through her writing, I also felt while reading it that she had absolutely no chance to win the title unless Tekneek registered as many aliases as Baron Mynd and voted for her multiple times solely because of the fact that he could picture her rapping it which by the way I thought was an actual negative aspect being the numerous amount of asteriks and footnotes and X2's as if while reading you would really times a line by two unless it was typed twice. Either way it never really took anything from her verse but overall the substance I thought just couldn't compare to what I assumed either Pent or Nah would deliver. Also the flow was only 75% on point from a reader's standpoint, but I would have loved to hear the song.

Secondly, Poetickz aka Pent Up went on a rampage about God know's what only to deliver a semi decent topical that was overshadowed by both pieces. The idea was actually a good one and the majority of the read was enjoyable but the flow was long winded and stretched out of this world which lessoned the impact. Also the ending and some other lines were far fetched but some things again brought back memories. The execution just failed here mechanically being the flow and the actually way that you conveyed the plot. Decent script overall.

Thirdly, Nah Son delivered the most mechanically sound of the three as well as the best solidly written story. Nothing outstanding here as he just stuck to the script and delivered a rapidly progressing yet somewhat gripping plot accompanied by shorter bars and good enough flow to push the reader through to an ending that was said to be quoteable by some. The tie in to the picture at the end was excellent and the overall story was enjoyable. My only beef would be that the first picture was not needed and the second picture should have been pushed further to the bottom so as not to ruin the ending. Either way it all worked and the story's quick progression actually worked for the better here.

Clearly Nah had the better piece and any vote otherwise was ludicrous. The other two writer's were a toss up but I believe after re-reading I might place Bonnie in second. Even so, pretty good match up here but Nah prevails to take on myself in the most anticipated Champ match of the year.

Good Luck homie.

At this moment, I still haven't even thought of an idea to write about. Too much on my plate. But I intend to give you a good run for your money so don't sleep.​
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ V|Got Life's Breakdowns ]

Championship: 1. Nah Son (7-1) vs. 2. Bonnie (4-1)

This battle really came down to how much personal preference weighs on your voting. Nah Son came to the table delivering one of the more mechanically sound verses seen this week. It started about a woman forced to marry a monster, and as things started to settle down one of the children they have together gets sick. As things turn worse again, the man she’s married to has Da Vinci paint her, a painting that turns out to be the Mona Lisa. Nah Son leaves us with the following line. “You see - A picture is worth a 1000 words, you just never know what they are.” This was an instant quotable and a good piece of writing. Bonnie on the other hand definitely wrote for herself this week and the writer’s voice and emotion really shined in this piece. At the end of the day it was more self indulgent and not necessarily enough to capture the win against the current champ.

Contendership: 4. Eye-Rime (10-2) vs. 5. Lucifa (9-3)

This was arguably the best match this week in light of the fact that it was more solid than the champ match and that was the only other good battle. Q brought some sick imagery to the table and what seemed like Baron Mynd’s new favorite smut turned into a verse that correlated the downfall of the towers into the downfall of a father’s set of twins as he rapes them reliving a night of sex over and over with his wife before she was killed in the towers. Essentially Q proved to be really good at borrowing other people’s concepts and tying them together in an interesting way with his forced yet smooth flow. Lok on the other hand went a little bit towards the religious route, which at first was headed towards a powerful and angry piece from the Devil, but then it strayed and kind of lost focus. None the less these two writers put on a good show.

8. S. Issue (5-3) vs. 9. rocket (2-1)

This battle was even more disappointing than Smoke vs Macmili. For those of you unaware, Rocket is a very established writer all over the god damn internet and has been around for ages although he seems to always come short of what people come to expect from him. This week was no exception. I understand that it’s hard to write about the fact that your wife had a miscarriage the week that it happens, sometimes there’s just too much emotion floating around in your head and you just can’t piece it together, but I don’t know. The piece missed because it didn’t have the character development for people to understand the scenario. Then again, this is a prime example of writing purely for yourself. S.I is also a long time veteran of topical/storytelling leagues and has champed quite a few of them, the one that eludes him is the RSTL title, but with the way he’s been writing you all know why. He put together a piece that engaged the readers a lot this week, yet after everything was said and done he rushed the ending and left us sitting there wanting more out of him. For now I’ll move it along, but I hope S.I. stops bullshitting and gives us what we’ve been waiting for.

10. Got Life (8-4) vs. 11. Dougie G (2-3)

This was brutal to read honestly, I really feel like an asshole after this week. Here we have Dougie G a kid who genuinely wants to improve and become a better writer in the league and he catches me on a week where not only do I have a chip on my shoulder, but I’ve had some bad experiences totally sleeping on people and so this week I brought the fire, as nah son said, I went hard to the body. Dougie G’s piece for those of you numb skulls that didn’t get it was about 9/11 which mixed topical about how we can’t seem to prove Osama is dead, but that we definitely caught Hussein. At the same time he included a story about a man who was visited by his wife on 9/11 and how as the towers were hit by both planes they saw no other possibility than to jump. They both died, the man continued to roam this earth with this message to tell. In essence the idea was pretty good and if he delivered it better he’d have a chance against most of the people in the league. I wrote something that to me was very dark yet poetic, personally I loved the piece, if you didn’t read it, go learn something about how to write and read it; arguably verse of the week.

12. Smoke Trail (1-1) vs. 13. Macmili (1-0)

Truthfully this was a disappointing battle to me when reading it. Both of you guys have a lot more potential than what you brought to the table. Smoke had great character development and his progression was pretty clear, but beyond that he didn’t really offer much else. The idea wasn’t overly creative, the flow wasn’t the smoothest and the mechanics definitely needed work. Macmili’s piece still confuses me, although I do get out of it the testing of a human whether he’ll be gay or straight by natural instincts although the deprivation from society and the sudden introduction to people invokes a life ending heart attack leaving the question further unanswered. Voters went back and forth on this one, but at the end of the day Mac walked away with the win on this one.​
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ VI|The Five Fan Favorites ]
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

[5] Lucifa

[4] Bonnie Bathory

[3] Eye-Rime

[2] Got Life?

[1] Nah Son​
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ VII|Q's Top Three Verses ]
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

[3] Eye-Rime

Honestly, there weren't many matches to choose from this week, thus landing myself in the number 3 position. Some might rate my verse higher or lower, but honestly I feel that this is my rightful position as because of that I must bring better material to my match this week. I delivered a mechanically excellent verse with great imagery and vivid details and a script that to some may have been confusing but esentially it was about a Father who had lost his wife in the crash of 9/11 and had relived the night before she left over and over with his identical twin daughters who happened to look just like her. Sadistic in nature, but I feel as thought I did quite well with it.

[2] Nah Son

Another great verse. What I enjoyed most is the rapid progression of the story yet at the same time you covered nearly his entire adult life. It was brilliantly written for the most part with a good enough flow and a somewhat creative tie in to the picture. Well done here. Again, there is nothing I can say against it except for the fact that the first picture, I feel, was irrelevant and when scrolling down the Mona Lisa picture sort of lessoned the impact of the ending. Nevertheless, it was still well written and definately more than enough to topple the competition.

[1] Got Life?

Wow. Literally, your descriptions alone could have pulled this through. Not to mention that the story was actually gripping as well as the flow being good enough. Solid work here and somewhat not needed being that your opponent was Dougie G who obviously had nothing up his sleeves. You out did yourself and we appreciate it being that there weren't many good verses to read this week. Everything worked here for me and the beginning was so vividly astounding that you honestly could have won with no ending. LOL. But your record is still ugly and your new nickname is Tig Ol'Bitties. Nah, but for real, great verse here.​
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ VIII|Got Life's Shit List ]

First and foremost I’d like to say that once again this week the Shit List seems to be longer than the breakdowns. That’s not really a good look, I don’t feel like ranting each week about how you fucks are pieces of shit, but regardless here is the list of people that chose to suck dick for cheerios instead of posting, voting, or taking the time to give the battles proper votes.

Vigil – Once the rookie of the year in 2005, since the downfall of the league towards the early part of 2007, Vigil has gone from one of the most consistent members to one of the most likely to no show and when he does show he’s not that good of a writer anymore. Personally as a person that use to write an article for the mag and who was in during my 60 week streak for most of it himself, I’m utterly disgusted with the complete 180 you’ve pulled. Don’t show face here anymore unless you plan on not being a faggot anymore kid. The fact that you were a biter on another site didn’t bother me because you were always consistent, now it seems you’re just another faggot.

Londo – Don’t sit there in emcee hookups talking about how you hate people that no-show and that regardless of how busy your life is you’ll always show and all this and that. There’s no need to front, keep the fronting to you repping your little block or your little internet water pistol totting crew. I told you once before and I’ll say it again, if you’re not going to dedicate the time to this league stay the fuck up out of it. In the meantime, I hope your dog gets hit by a car over the holidays; The RSTL God’s must have justice!

-X-, Event Horizon, $1.50… I don’t even care who the fuck you faggots are, Jook, if you let these faggots sign in again, I’ma find you and put a size 16 boot to your back.

Next up are all the dickheads that didn’t bother voting or doing all the voting that they were supposed to.

Mound 10 and Vern – Since when does it say, vote on 1 to get the win, you have to vote on two you faggots.

RICO – after all that shit; how do you not bother to vote on anyone’s match after all the time people have spent in countless weeks giving you feed on your barely bearable writing.

Nah Son – you have to vote on 4 matches, not on 2 homie, that’s not even to mention that the two votes that you did cast weren’t all that good to begin with.

Now what would the shit list be without showcasing every single limp dick attempt to vote that was clearly haltered by a serious case of ED, someone get these faggots some Viagra or something.

Condescending is no stranger to the shit list when it comes down to shitty voters, this week is no different. That “I don’t need to explain” shit doesn’t cut it homie, people write in this league for the votes, they want feedback on what they wrote. Also I still don’t believe that you read the battles, so at least pretend like you did and stop being a lazy cunt.

Next up is quite possibly the worst voter the league has ever seen. Hell quite possibly the most ridiculous member the league has seen consecutively for the last 3 years.

This is partially here because I feel bad that Tek doesn’t get any mention in the mag until year end awards come out and he wins most incoherent and most washed up/fallen off. In the meantime, Tek, you don’t vote on someone’s work based on how they’ve voted on your matches. You basically ranted about how you don’t like my voting and then said that my narration and wordplay was what beat Dougie. This further shows your obsessive and blatant incoherence.

Making his first appearance to the shit list’s terrible voter list this week is also Rocket. Truth be told I didn’t have an issue with his vote as he gave Dougie G a good breakdown and did say something about mine, but the line requirement is at least 2 lines per verse, how hard is that people. Lets stop being so god damn lazy.

You know better than to do this Rocket, I expect better from you.​
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Next up is a blatant showing of not having read a single one of the verses, and truth be told I’m not entirely shocked by who is the one to do this. Vada.

You’re telling me that you read all 3 verses and this is the level that you break it down, we all know that when Vern actually votes there is a solid amount of breakdown to everything, granted this isn’t really a battle that had anyone pondering the difference between verses. Pretty much every single person said the same thing, just ranked people differently, but yea. I’m not fooled here Vern, cut the shit, stop being lazy.

Following Vern’s terrible example new comer smoke cast the following vote. Smoke Trail.

You spent more time wondering about Con’s voting, which we all already know to be shady than actually breaking down the verses. In fact, you gave nah son your vote and all you had to say was “Im feeling you son” are you fucking kidding me? This is not the kind of shit that flies as a vote in this league, if you want to be a lazy loose lipped flapping infested cunt go to the RBL. If you want to receive good feed you have to give it as well. This shit is unacceptable kiddo.

As is this vote, I understand your reasoning and like that you at least tried to vote, but make some time and get your votes done right in the future. I won’t be so kind next week.

Nuff said about this right here though.

Those are your retarded voters of the week. Running away with the crown of shame this week will be Vern aka Vada because that was even the only vote he cast and I was very disappointed by his antics, including not posting a verse after Apogee showed up and just taking the easy win, although beating Ap is also an easy win. I respect everything you’ve accomplished, but I don’t respect any of the antics you’ve been demonstrating.​
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ IX|The Cover Story ]
    :An Interview With TaLi

E Got Life: yo
    E Got Life: last chance for the interview
    Don RodrigueZ 79: haha
    Don RodrigueZ 79: ok
    Don RodrigueZ 79: but, you have to put up with my potatoes being cooked, I might have to stop for a minute here and there
    E Got Life: that's ok grandma
    Don RodrigueZ 79: finally
    E Got Life: you'll have to put up with me being 10 LITs deep
    Don RodrigueZ 79: LOL
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Shit I'm half a bottle of Cuervo
    E Got Life: so mister MIA do you always drink by yourself?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Nah, not usually, but I certainly don't mind it. I'm an only child so I know how to keep myself occupied lol.
    E Got Life: if you say so...
    E Got Life: anyways, so I’m here with the man, the myth, the ghost of Tali Rodriguez
    E Got Life: the man rumored to have disappeared...what's your side of the story?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: That's pretty accurate
    Don RodrigueZ 79: My side of the story is pretty reasonable actually. I started on my PhD at Syracuse this past August, and I just happen to have enough will power to actually do what I'm supposed to do (study) instead of what I want to do (be lazy and write shit). It really doesn't go any more deep than that.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Or maybe it does but you'll have to pry further lol.
    E Got Life: I might, but quite frankly the answer suffices for the most part as not to many really seem to care, it's more the fad to vote you as MIA just as it's a fad although accurate to vote me most hated or tek most incoherent...
    E Got Life: At the same time while many have written you off as vanquished I see you lurking from time to time, what do you make of this latest resurgence in the RSTL?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I don't disagree lol. Although given the nominations, it has to be true, since the other two have been in the league writing..

As far as the second question, I don't know, I'm quite thrilled that someone other than vern, me, you, dic or tek actually took it upon themselves to try to keep the league going. I really didn't see that happening by the time I stopped dealing with it. It's probably not all that fair to compare eras and all of that shit. But as far as I can tell, the league seems to be pretty competitive and a few of the people I'd expect to succeed are succeeding so I suppose not all that much has changed. Although your popularity seems to be at an all time high.
    E Got Life: I think it's a lack of consistent beef, someone stubborn enough to really grind out meaningless stupidity week after week, although with me and dic it worked out so well because he was the biggest cheater of all time and he acts like a 12 year old, plus I took out personal attacks on his failure of a life whereas now it's more witty moniker and 2-3 weeks of beef at most with anyone.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: LOL, that is true. There was definitely a bit more meanness to past beefs
    E Got Life: So, lately there's been this whole Baron Mynd issue, what do you make of it?
    E Got Life: also an aside question...why are you cooking potatoes past midnight?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: That's such a huge answer. I haven't talked to him in a long time and generally I like to talk to people before I talk about them, but um, since you ask, I'll do what I can. I've only known Baron since he signed into the league back in 2005. I've only actually talked to him for about a year and a half. I really don't know what he was like when he was way younger, but I knew him then, and I see how he is now, and I don't know, I've always seen a little bit of stubbornness in him. He's a bad loser. That's for sure, and I know damn well he knows that. We've all lost battles we thought we should have won. But some people can swallow it and live to see another day, and some people have to make sure everybody knows they've been screwed over, and he's one of them. 9 times out of ten, people hate those kind of people, so it's not surprising that people aren't really liking him a whole lot lately. I would guess most of them don't know him aside from what they see on the forums though. As far as all the "cheating stuff." Seems like on every site, he's getting called out on something, so I don't know. Gotta go by what you see I guess. I do think he's a fine writer when he takes the time to do something instead of taking an easy way out.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: And if I don't eat, I'll probably throw up, I don't want to do that, so that is my answer.
    E Got Life: Personally I was always really chill with the kid, but as of late he's been the epitome of what I can't stand, I don't know whether it's because he refuses to write, or the voting antics, or all the other drama, but it's just over the top stupidity...speaking of stupidity...what do you think of Tek's latest rant about getting the league shut down?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I'll tell you what, I actually missed that, but tell me where it is and I'll have a quick look, or you can just summarize haha
    Don RodrigueZ 79: *which thread
    E Got Life: he made a few in the hook ups, essentially saying something about this, something about that...and this isn't just me being brief about it...this is about as much evidence as he had to support his rant, which ended in I created you, I'll end you...
    Don RodrigueZ 79: *give me a second to look and laugh​
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

E Got Life: fair enough
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Ok well, now that I've read his first post, which is what I'll base his argument off of, I'll just say. WTF?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: The most blatant cry for attention ever
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Is that fair enough?
    E Got Life: I think that suffices that topic, so onto more interesting items of debate...Nah Son and Jook, are they one and the same? personally I have a very strong instance in which I think that if they are one in the same then Jook needs to win a fucking Oscar...but what do you think on the subject?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Well, I haven't talked to Jook off of RM so that puts me at a bit of a disadvantage. But, I don't really know what to think of him. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever that he's been in the league when people haven't really known. That's just the way he strikes me. He strikes me as the ultra-competitive type who wouldn't be able to stand the idea that someone was getting recognition besides him. I thought he was Brains, most definitely for a while, until I faced Brains in the tournament. I liked Brain's verse but I think Jook would have written the best shit he's ever written to be able to say he was up 2-1 on me. So I forgot about that. It's not totally out of the realm of possibility that he's Nah Son. I'm sure any intelligent person could come up with a different way to present themselves on a website and be able to hide it pretty well. I will just put it out there though. I don't think it's Jook because, as much as some of the stuff I've seen from Nah Son is nice, I think Jook is just a tad bit nicer.
    E Got Life: That's not exactly the best judgment call as you didn't believe Vada to be Vern and rather felt it was Tha Talent or even Warren...but I know one night when Nah Son actually choked and pulled some bullshit vs TheReturn where TR got the title pretty much gift wrapped to him, Jook and I were on aim talking about different shit and we were talking about Nah Son and if he's sitting on aim talking with me on some real shit and talking about his alias in 3rd person like that, he needs psychiatric help, although the styles mesh very similarly including the way the writing is done, although I can proudly say I'm the only person to legitimately beat Nah Son.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Well see, I wouldn't know all of that lol. I tell you what though. If it is Jook. We'll all definitely know because he won't be able to keep the secret if he's too successful
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Additionally, I might be the only person to beat Jook, so I guess we have that covered lol
    E Got Life: So who is your money on in this tourney?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: are the final brackets up yet or not?
    E Got Life: no
    Don RodrigueZ 79: ok well, just going on what's happened so far. The Return is my favorite, although I'd put Vern a quick second, followed by you. I'll tell you why. The Return consistently dropped shit I thought was good BUT, most people I know after 4 defenses, are a little bit burnt out and needing a break, and he took one. So, either he'll come back refreshed, or he'll be forcing some shit. That's where Vern comes in. I voted him for verse of the year. Some of that shit was some of the best stuff I've seen him write ever. Maybe that's why I thought it was someone else lol. With you, I just think people consistent sleep on you, and have for as long as I've been around, and yet, some how, you keep winning at least twice as much as you lose, and the fact that people don't hate you quite as much now as they did sort of helps. I don't really know who all is in yet. Obviously Nah Son is gonna be in but I think Return or Vern could beat him, and you did so, you know. MCQ has a fighters chance but I see him as like, a final four but not quite finals person. I'm leaving some folks out but those are my basic thoughts based on what I've seen so far.
    E Got Life: The people named are essentially the top competitors, I think you missed a few of my pieces as I was not very mentioned in your award choices and I think you'd be quite surprised with my vast improvement, especially from where I started out...but yea it should be an interesting tourney to say the least
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I might have messed up my story telling pick a bit
    Don RodrigueZ 79: haha
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I've read more of his than yours so far so you know, that's what it's based on.
    E Got Life: I figured that much, although I find myself in a perpetual cave where all I seem to keep writing is phenomenal gore pieces...any remedy to it?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I don't know man, that's tough. You can either write what you think is going to win, which is what 90% of people do, and I've done it myself at times. Or you can write what you really feel like writing. If that is what you really have within you to give any particular week, then that is what you ought to write about. I get tired of that stuff myself, but you've been around long enough to know how much that matters. It's one potential vote. Funny thing is, most of the time, when you write what you reeeeeeally wanted to write, it loses because you get typecast in these kinds of leagues.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: By the way, I hear a topical can't even win anymore, is that true?
    E Got Life: I haven't seen anyone write a good topical in a long time, that's really the case, if you write a good one, it's sure to blow people's minds, but to date everyone keeps rehashing the same political backpack rap bullshit that it's so drab and boring that I can write a Romeo and Juliet piece and still win.​
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

Don RodrigueZ 79: Haha, I'm really sick of both of those. I wrote my last political piece a few years ago, and if I ever wrote another, it would be a parody of people who act like they are all political but don't really do shit when it comes to the brass tax
    E Got Life: Oh btw, in other news I finally faced Sac, and I don't know if you're aware, but essentially not only did he get destroyed, he threw a hissy fit, tried to call me out for an audio battle and vanished...have you heard from the emo princess?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: LOL. Um, well actually the only thing I know about that is that you won. I don't think I read the actual piece. You gotta understand something. This is exactly what we're talking about. I've known Sacrifice for 5 or 6 years now. I've slept in his apartment. I consider him a cool dude in real life. Right now, he's going through some shit where he is realizing shit that he didn't know before and it's like, what do you want him to write about, some bullshit, or something he's really going through, in this case his beliefs about politics and society in general. For him, that shit is interesting as SHIT because he has a passion about it, but not everybody's passion carries over to other people. Some other people aren't ready for it. Some people are there and just don't give a shit. Whatever. I think he probably thinks he out wrote you, and if anything, he should have won based on that criteria. Like I said, I didn't see it, but my bet is that I'm pretty accurate about that. You probably wrote a story people related to and he wrote something people didn't really want to hear. So you know, someone shit's on your passion, you get pissed. He left because he doesn't see the league as being a viable outlet for what he's doing. So I don't know, I don't see how that isn't respectable. But yeah, hissy fits under any circumstances are mildly emo lol
    E Got Life: actually in this case it was one of his "romantic" emo pieces, but indeed, I feel you...my only gripe with the kid came from his obsession of multies and strong distaste for my style solely because I don't care for them...regardless though, what else would you like to add, any questions you would want answered, or are you ready for the word association and your potatoes?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Well I had my potatoes, and I won't lie, Sac LOVES SOME MULTIS! Again, anything he writes, it's usually straight out of what's happening in his life. It was probably emo, but it was probably genuine, so who knows. Um, well, you asked me what I thought about the league. I've been in and out of it for 5 years. You've been in it hard core for 2 and a half. What do you think of it now as opposed to the era of like, Riko and I, and then Claus and you and pent and Dic after?
    E Got Life: Hmm...when I first joined the league under the reign of the great Tali and Mr. legendary Riko I have to say the league was boring...a lot of dick riders, a handful of good writers, maybe better voters, and the mag wasn't very frequent...Under Riko and Claus shit was moving along, but it was very repetitive, because of their point system pretty much the same people kept facing each other over and over...Dic and Pent was probably the biggest cheating duo as mods ever and probably the least enjoyable time in the league as the bullshit was rampant and I was attacked in virtually every mag and what not, but all in all I have to say the league is still mildly entertaining to me.
    E Got Life: There are some good writers, a lot of average ones, and a handful of bad ones...the voting is pretty consistent, the mags are up weekly...I’m still amazed I haven't missed a week, but yea...I can't complain
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Haha, yeah I used to do like bi-weekly mags and shit, because I was the only one doing them and I was going to school full-time. It was half ass but it was better than no ass I'm sure lol. I'm glad you think it's going ok though because I sort of agree from what I can see.
    E Got Life: I mean, as long as I'm here the league will function, not necessarily with me as mod, but I help /w topics as does Bonnie and a few others, I help co-write the mag, and I keep people interested, I'm the gimmick of the RSTL essentially that promises weekly entertainment and genuinely, why the hell not...this place has evolved my writing far beyond my original expectations
    Don RodrigueZ 79: haha yeah that's a good way to look at it. I mean hell, I spent 48 weeks plus tournaments writing and who knows, 3 years moderating it, and for what? At the end of the day, it helped my writing and it was entertaining. So as long as there are still entertaining people and two or three good writers around, shit should function.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Word association lol.
    E Got Life: Headless
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Sheesh. I had no problem with the guy. They he started this big ass shit on PR when I voted against him. Ever since then, any place he's been, he's created some sort of big ass problem, so yeah, word=problems
    E Got Life: lol, Dic
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Nuts........I kind of think I sort of know him a little, but sometimes he does something so blatantly outrageous that I have no explanation for it.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Better writer than people think. Not as good as he thinks probably
    E Got Life: Vodka
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Err, who?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: lol
    E Got Life: the alcohol you twat
    E Got Life: this is word association not name association...smh...
    E Got Life: England
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Oh SHIT. It's my favorite. Grey Goose, Smirnoff, fancy shit, whatever man, it's all good. AND WTF, Vodka can be some shitty writers name in the rstl
    Don RodrigueZ 79: In fact it probably was
    E Got Life: LOL
    E Got Life: England
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Um, my girlfriend is from there, and so is Baron Mynd and Malo, so, word=who the fuck knows?
    E Got Life: you have a girlfriend?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: for 6 years lol​
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

Continued...

E Got Life: what about Tha DQ?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: LOL. Isn't that some girl writer from like 2 years ago? Um, if my memory isn't totally fucked, halfway decent ideas, not so good execution.
    E Got Life: lol, she was in love /w you though...
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Really?
    E Got Life: with that in mind, next word...Love
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I didn't notice
    E Got Life: lol she told me she's coming to the states to see you
    E Got Life: lol
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Biggest scapegoat word of all time. Can't write about love because it isn't a thing. It's not a subject. It exists or it doesn't. Cause of most people's misery and some people's temporary bliss.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Anything called love some socially constructed horse shit
    E Got Life: speaking of horse shit...Pent uP
    Don RodrigueZ 79: LOL
    E Got Life: well?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I've talked to him a bunch throughout the years. He used to take, and given recent shit, maybe still does take, the internet writing thing too seriously. Writing is the guy's passion and it really upsets him when people don't understand something about his writing when it seems really obvious to him. In all honestly, there are some big differences, but I don't think he's that different from you when it's all said and done. He has no ability to hold his tongue. He's honest to a fault about other people's writing. And he thinks people are idiots when their vote's are totally bullshit. But yeah, I can't excuse some of the stuff that's happened over the years, but he's gotten better as a writer and hopefully he'll stop finding himself in dumb situations lol.
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I think he's a lot more creative than most people
    Don RodrigueZ 79: I will say that
    E Got Life: I think his attraction to phallus shaped objects is his real kryptonite
    E Got Life: but as I’m tired, we'll do the last one, most important of all
    E Got Life: Got Life?
    Don RodrigueZ 79: Is there any one else that you've met through this league shit that has ever been more fair with you than me? I've had fucking 20 people telling me how fucked up you were and I never acted on anything. You used to be an ass for no reason. You've shaped that into something that the league can't be without. Hell, life can't be without. Life needs people like you. The league needs people like you. The fact that your writing has gotten better is the only reason anybody still gives any sort of shit about you anymore. If that weren't true, you'd be like any number of has beans out there (fill in the blank yourself lol). So you know, I can't say agree with your methods and shit. Sometimes you're pretty much a dick, but more often than not, I don't disagree with you. You say what people want to say but are too diplomatic or scared to say it themselves. One of a kind.
    E Got Life: aww, thanks grandma...well anyways, i'ma go chase the illusive white rabbit down a hole
    E Got Life: enjoy the rest of your cuervo
    E Got Life: and stop being a pussy and sign in
    Don RodrigueZ 79: haha, shit, if a topical can't win, I think I'm fucked, because I;ve used up every creative story line i can think of and I refuse to recycle old bullshit lol
    Don RodrigueZ 79: If I get back in
    Don RodrigueZ 79: It will be next summer after next semester in school. So if RSTL is still around, watch out.
    E Got Life: if it's around, i'll still be here, until next time caped crusader...
    Don RodrigueZ 79: haha, thanks man, keep this shit going so I can have someone to dump my writing​
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ X|Headliners of the Week ]
    Based on completed matches.

BEST OVERALL VERSE
    Got Life?

RUNNER UP
    Nah Son

WACKEST OVERALL VERSE
    Dougie G

WORST OF THE BEST VERSES OVERALL
    Pent Up

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A PICTURE
    Got Life?

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A TOPIC
    Eye-Rime

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Nah Son
    Eye-Rime

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    Eye-Rime vs Lucifa

RUNNERS UP
    Nah Son vs Bonnie Bathory vs Pent Up

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Pent Up being exposed and whining like a bitch and then posting some b/s
    Got Life? brutally beating Dougie G
    Dougie G not pulling the upset that we had hoped for
    The numerous amount of no shows​
    test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ XI|The Official Rankings ]

Championship: 1. nah son (8-1) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (11-2)

Contendership: 3. Juked (3-0) vs.4. S. Issue (6-3)

5. Got Life? (9-4) vs. 6. Macmili (2-0)

7. vada (7-2) vs. 8. TeKneeK (3-1)

9. RICO (2-8) vs. 10. Abnormal (1-0)

11. Blade6 (1-0) vs. 12. Mound 10 (5-3)

13. TheReturn (9-1) vs. 14. DaAlmightyDolla (6-4)

15. .ApoGee. (4-3) vs. 16. Bonnie (4-1)

17. Condescending (2-2) vs. 18. Lucifa (9-4)

19. rocket (2-2) vs. 20. Dougie G (2-4)

21. Smoke Trail (1-2) vs. 22. fist (1-1)

23. Cereal Killer (0-0) 24. Trybz (4-3)​
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ XII|Q's Predictions ]

Championship: 1. nah son (8-1) vs. 2. Eye-Rime (11-2)
    Nah Son -2

He clearly has the edge. He has beaten me before but I have also progressed as a writer and so I believe that this match will be closer than expected and I am hoping for the upset. But nevertheless, I have to call it how it is and therefore Nahsy is on a roll and people love him and he took my belt before so I'm calling in his favor. Nah Son by at least 2 votes.

Contendership: 3. Juked (3-0) vs.4. S. Issue (6-3)
    S. Issue -4

What a terrible contendership. God, I hope I beat Nah Son. Anyway, Juked is unheard of and therefore I'm sure he's gotten this far by no shows. S. Issue is about as inconsistent as they come, however he is essentially a pretty good writer and I think he will do what it takes here to pull of a victory. S. Issue in a landslide.

5. Got Life? (9-4) vs. 6. Macmili (2-0)
    Got Life? -5

This is about as comical as last week, almost. I do believe that macmili is a much stronger writer than dougie g was, however I still believe this will be a landslide assuming GL utitilizes the same formula as in week 15. Macmili just doesnt have what it takes, so I'm going with Got Life? in a beatdown.

7. vada (7-2) vs. 8. TeKneeK (3-1)
    Vada -3

Recently, Tek has been exhausted and so this should honestly be a landslide. But who knows, Tek claims that he will put his best foot forward in the top 10, but at the same time Vern claims to be unstoppable when he really tries. Either way I got Vern taking it, so I'm calling it Vada by 3 votes, and a landslide if he tries.

9. RICO (2-8) vs. 10. Abnormal (1-0)
    Abn0rmal -5

As much as I hate to see BM B/S, I'm sure a recycled piece will do the trick here. Unfortunate however that he is such a weakling that he won't even write a fresh verse against such competition because a keystyle should do the trick as well. But bitches will be bitches. Abnormal in a landslide, assuming that he isn't DQ'd for something.

11. Blade6 (1-0) vs. 12. Mound 10 (5-3)
    Mound 10 -3

It's good to see Mound 10 back in action. I know last week was a no show so hopefully Blade will step to the plate. Speaking of which, I have utterly no clue who in the world this blade character is. Therefore I won't go as far as to say a landslide, but judging from his terrible name and Mound's talent, I'm calling it Mound 10 by at least 3.

13. TheReturn (9-1) vs. 14. DaAlmightyDolla (6-4)
    TheReturn -5

Potential to be battle of the week depending on the champ match, however DAD is the easiest opponent ever. He generally tends to reach for a comedic routine only to fail drastically and lose claiming that he didn't try. Nevertheless, if he actually writes this may be closer to call, but as is and judging from TR's talent and consistency as a writer, I'm calling this a landslide in TheReturn's favor.

15. .ApoGee. (4-3) vs. 16. Bonnie (4-1)
    Bonnie -3

Wow. Bonnie may have lost her steam coming from a loss in the champ match. Plus Apo has progressed as a writer so I won't go as far as to say a landslide. But obviously she has beaten him twice before so you gotta stick with what works. Bonnie Bathory by at least 3 votes.

17. Condescending (2-2) vs. 18. Lucifa (9-4)
    Lucifa -3

Luc is inconsistent as a writer and that is his own defeat. But his talent is obvious and he has potential to be even better. Con is easy competition so I'm calling this in my crew mates favor. Lucifa by at least 3 votes.

19. rocket (2-2) vs. 20. Dougie G (2-4)
    Umm, Even?

Who cares, really? LOL. I have no clue on how to call this match. Both records are ugly and both have shown little talent in recent weeks. I assume that rocket is a little more advanced being that I remember his name from the past and I have read more dougie verses and am certain that his talent is awry. Therefore, I'm calling it rocket in a slight win over even competition.

21. Smoke Trail (1-2) vs. 22. fist (1-1)
    Fist -2

If fist shows, I'm assuming he should take this. However, Smoke has shown solid potential and should not be slept on just yet. This could be a close one, but assuming both show up, I'm calling it Fist by 2 votes.

23. Cereal Killer (0-0) 24. Trybz (4-3)
    Trybz -2

CK is overrated and Trybz is underrated. Both have the potential to no show but assuming both show, I think it will be a well fought match with the underrated landing out on top and proving his worth. Trybz by at least 2 votes.​
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ XIII|Q's Top 3 Competitors ]

[3] Lucifa

Simply because his competition is just good enough to deliver an upset if he doesnt try. Also because he will strive to end the season with at least the same record as Got Life?, his adversary, if not better. Nevertheless, I think he will find motivation this week and write an outstanding verse for no reason because Con will suck ass as did Dougie last week. Good luck though homie.

[2] Nah Son

He seems as though he cares enough about this league to take this week seriously and actually put his best foot forward. Tournament positions are on the line and therefore I say that he will write a stellar verse and that we will deliver a classic match. Good luck homie.

[1] Eye-Rime

Because if I find ample time to write, then I plan on delivering at least my best verse of the season. As of now I have a crappy verse written that I have trashed, I have to register for classes today, I have a doctor's appointment with my wife, and I have to work tomorrow. So time is limited, but I plan on showing up and I plan on making it a classic, win or lose.​
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ XIV|Jook's Corner ]

Coming soon.​
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[ XV|Conclusion ]

Again, I would just like to thank those that have taken a part in making this a great season.

I would also like to thank my fellow moderator, Jook, for his dedication. Man, I should have nominated Jook's Corner as the biggest let down though, LOL.

Wish me luck at my wife's appointment today. Approximately four more weeks until we find out the sex of the baby.

Also pray that I get the classes that I need because I missed orientation being that I work a full time schedule and therefore I am registering late. I thank God that I am back at a University and I can't wait to start school so that I can hurry up and graduate. If you're not religious, then just wish me luck, LOL.

Good luck to you all as well this week and hopefully everybody is motivated and ends up showing up for their battles.​
    test
  20. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

good mag snuggles...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.