[[THE MAG]] The RSTL Tribune: Issue 6, Week 12

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Dec 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[​IMG]
    Issue 6, Week 12

CONTENTS

I. Introduction
    II. No-Show Shine
    III. The RSTL Spotlight
    IV. Q’s Championship Review
    V. Got Life’s Breakdowns
    VI. The Five Fan Favorites
    VII. Q’s Top 3 Verses
    VIII. The Shit List
    IX. The Cover Story
    X. Headliners
    XI. The Official Rankings
    XII. Q’s Predictions
    XIII. Q’s Top 3 Competitors
    XIV. Jook’s Corner
    XV. Conclusion

FEATURES

No-Show Shine | II
    The best of the best of the worst matches of the week. Once a week the best verse of the one-sided no-show battles will be showcased for your enjoyment

The RSTL Spotlight | III
    He was the center of attention this past week, and I still can not seem to figure out why. If my assumptions serve correct, neither can he. Stuck in a whirlwind of beef, we will discuss the troubles of RSTL 90210, Week 12.

The Cover Story | IX
    Recycling. What justifies the use of a recycled verse. Is there ANY room for pre-written material in this league? Or should it be unacceptable by all means? And how exactly can we enforce this? We will discuss the recent problems with recycling, the rules as they stand, and what the future may hold for this league.

I | INTRODUCTION

Firstly, I would like to apologize on my behalf for my absense and this late magazine. But I'm sure you all can realize that my education right now, especially with a baby on the way, is much more important than this league will ever be. However, I do not tend to back out on my obligations. Hopefully I have straight A's come this Friday, but yesterday, Tuesday, was my last official day of class. Wow, I feel so free.

Anyway,

Another decent week goes down in the books.

A fun week, but decent at best. There was a plethora of no shows, accompanied by numerous nonsensical beefs and shit talking floating in the air. Baron Mynd was the pivotal of most of the nonsense, along with the usual Got Life? additions and some Bonnie and Clyde and other shit.

With that said, the activity seems to never decrease even when the actual head count or amount of finished battles falls drastically. Therefore, I would like to thank those that continue to make this forum a place to visit and hold somewhat intelligent conversations. It is you that keeps this league going.

Without further adieu:

At this time, I would like to extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.
    test
  2. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

II | NO-SHOW SHINE

This week, i chose to showcase one of the most easily enjoyable pieces of week 12, and equally one of the most ridiculous posts. I really do hope that this was a recycled piece or else you definately should win an award for your effort, even if you claim that this took no time. The beat was good enough along with good vocals and lyrics, and even recording something for this league just seems to be too much for me, but then again maybe you have more time than I do.

LONELY GIRL
    by vada

:: THE AUDIO ::

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=103900&content=music

...You looking kind of lonely girl…
    ...Would you like someone new to talk to…

Lets take it back you remember that day, up in the restaurant
    Eye to eye, just caught you grinning my way
    It sort of seemed like I dreamed this beginning of fate
    A premonition…baby as I sit and I wait
    I get to wishing…that I could take this chick on a date
    I said see me when you get on your brake
    You came over and sat, and I could tell you wont pretending or fake
    But buckle up , puppy love had to get in my way
    So seven digits I gave you and I told you to call
    Said you look a little lonely that’s all, and if it’s only to talk
    Hit me up we can go to the mall, or catch a movie
    I just hope this evolves, but it went slow and it stalled
    Oblivious I didn’t know what was wrong
    See I really thought the moment was gone
    My back close to the wall, I took initiative a quote says it all
    I said baby can we go for a walk, and that did it so…

This was nothing like a common fling, baby I had to
    Pick the right song to sing I had to have you
    So I had ask you, what’s up, are you honestly
    Ready to change ma walk with me
    They say love doesn’t cost a thing… it was priceless
    When I put my heart in your promise ring
    I saw love from across the street, it’s sounds foolish
    But… baby I knew it when you talked to me
    Consciously can say that it was hard to wait
    But it was worth it, you had me in my calmest state
    Cause you was perfect, I couldn’t find a flaw lets say
    It was a circus but baby its your moms mistake
    She put you down but you crawled away
    And so I lifted your spirits, look in the mirror see that all is great
    I welcome you in my arms embraced, I’m not letting you go
    But what’s next well it’s hard to say

We been going through the thick and thins
    Of course…who doesn’t…I’m giving in
    Speaking the truth I hope you listening
    Our future limitless I say it with an emphasis
    So we need to try to decide on how we living this
    Life…we can start by shuffling our differences
    And pushing aside all the troubles that living with
    But just recognize neither one of us are innocent
    Lets just make love to one another and be intimate
    We need to get rid of this, bad vibe the minute it
    Took a hold we almost folded it’s ridiculous
    So if you try then I’ll try I’m coming with you miss
    And dry your eyes no crying just a little kiss
    And it’s ok some days we’ll have our little fits
    But its memories that we keep that help us benefit
    So I’m gonna give you my word it’s you I’m living with
    Until the end of this, it’s something that you can reminisce

" Unconditional Love "​
    test
  3. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | THE RSTL SPOTLIGHT

I'm still rather clueless, and shocked, at the sudden beef and animosity towards Baron Mynd, which I took until now as one of the friendlist posters in the league. It actually tickles me to read him "snap" on someone because I never took him as the type. Needless to say, his "snapping" on someone was well overdue this past week.

To begin, I did not read the first verse that he had up, but I did see it and therefore the whole recycling bid was just absurd. It was brazenly obvious that he did, indeed, write another verse in which he was bullied to remove because of the line limitations set and enforced by this league.

With that said, I also did not understand the big deal in his verse, because I too count my lines as they should be counted, regardless of how I break them down. The subject is highly arguable, and I do not wish to argue, but I think that not only is it obvious, but it is equally harmless to allow a verse that clearly fits within the line limits had he not decided to press enter where he did not have too. The format was just a style/structure that he chose to better convey his script, but really has no direct effect on the length of the verse other than the way it looks. Its like breaking a chocolate chip cookie into 20 pieces. Would you not have just one cookie broken into 20 pieces? Or would you have 20 cookies?

Debatable, maybe, but I still do not think Baron deserved the attention that he recieved this past week. And even though I am seemingly adding to the attention, I just wanted to give my man props for trying to keep his head up. I do not know him outside of this forum, we've never spoken on aim or PM to my knowledge. It just seemed to me that a good guy got attacked for no specific reason, and then ran out of the league with his undies around his ankles.

No hard feelings on my behalf. But to me, trybz proved himself to be a bitch by all degrees of the word and gains no respect from me. The character had one good verse that still failed to produce a win and yet now he seems to be a crowd favorite. Please.

So to Baron, keep doing what you do kid. You are involved in a lot of other sites from what I understand, so leaving us won't hurt you, and I could honestly care less. I do feel that you kind of let these people bully you into signing out when it really did not need to come to that. Also, I do find it silly the way that you battle at the bottom of the ranks, but it has no effect on me and therefore I could also care less. Just do what you do homie.

And to Trybz, next time man up and post a verse and then you will be worthy of shit talking. Until then, zip it faggot.

--Q. Over and out.
    test
  4. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

III | Q’S CHAMPIONSHIP REVIEW

An evenly pitted match, surprisingly.

TheReturn posted his usual formula, overwhelmingly emo with a good flow to read by. Lucifa surprised some and disappointed others with what was said to be a slightly better story but a lackluster flow. He racked in a lot of votes for whatever reason, and therefore proves that he is, in fact, a contender for the title when he wants to be. I honestly wish he had won in the end so that he could be in the archives, but another one bites the dust.

My take, TR had the better verse. But both were entertaining and held their ups and downs respectively. The only reason I would have voted against TR would be for the simple fact that his verse was just too easy, too cliche, too return, nothing was outstanding, it was just the same old formula. But with all things equal, it still held my attention more. Lucifa's downfall to me was most probably his flow and the connection to the picture which hurt the actual picture that he painted in my mind. Nevertheless, a dope match up and much better than mine was, and therefore Luc gets props for holding his own, and TR gets kicked in the ass for defending yet again.

Hopefully, Nah Son will whoop that ass this week, although I have to admit that I did thoroughly enjoy the verse that TR put up. Good shit and good luck to both of you, and to all of the participants in the league.
    test
  5. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

[font="Microsoft Sans Serif]
    V | GOT LIFE'S BREAKDOWNS

The Breakdowns this week will be shorter, not because of a lack of time on my behalf, but because the only matches other then the champ and contender that are available to breakdown, don’t really deserve a breakdown. Bonnie vs Dic was over shadowed with the fact that Dic didn’t write a new piece and kind of just slapped on a topic and an ending he’d previously done, only changing the name of the tv-show. Dougie G vs Poetickz had to easily be the worst match of the week from two people that actually showed up. Apogee and Rico is a battle no one should be forced to look at ever again and as for the showdown between the No-Show kings, they practically no-showed as is.

With that in mind, here were the only battles were breaking down.

Championship: 1. TheReturn (8-0)(3 defenses!!) vs. 2. Lucifa (7-2)

So the champ actually got a run for his money this week and for once the champ match wasn’t a giant lopsided disappointment where Lok actually tried to bring something to the table instead of just getting shut out in yet another attempt. This week the Return wrote a dreadfully emo piece about a brother that found something out about his sister, her lover, and the man that truly loved her. The brother runs to save the sister with a rifle in hand, yet as he reaches his sister so does the man that really loves her, they exchange shots, both men lie there dieing and the brother thinks it’s worth it so that the sister can live in peace. Lok on the other hand wrote about a broken man lost with nothing to really live for after his wife had killed his child and now here on the verge of killing himself he is guided by an angel, to me it was a really cluttered piece and maybe I didn’t take as much away from it as other people did, but I didn’t see this match as close as the votes would call it.

Contendership: 3. Got Life? (8-3) vs. 4. Nah Son (5-1)

Undoubtedly when people saw both of these names pop up in the contender they knew they were going to be in for a match and thankfully we didn’t disappoint. In what I saw as the match of the week Nah Son put out a rather vivid and cleverly depicted piece of a child molester. Personally I’m a big fan of raw vivid imagery and I think Nah Son executed that rather well along with a very polished piece, where his only real flaw was revealing the child molester to being a Catholic Priest, the only thing I didn’t see in Nah Son’s piece is any real correlation to the topics. I on the other hand wrote about a father who’s at the end of his wits with dementia reliving memories of a daughter he deeply loved, who now lies dead as a corpse in his hands as he watches cartoons with her because he knows how much they use to make her happy. I think with this we can say that Nah Son and I have buried the hatchet and have a new found respect for each other as writers.[/FONT]
    test
  6. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VI | THE FIVE FAN FAVORITES
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is compiled as a result of the responses noticed throughout the week from participants directed at these particular verses.

A bit weak this week, seeing as how there were limited battles to choose from. These are not ranked to satisfy my opinions, otherwise i think GL would be on top solely because of the idea of his verse being more profound than anything else that I read this week. With that said, the trend I noticed went as follows:

Five: Dic Gets Gully

Four: Got Life?

Three: Nah Son

Two: TheReturn

One: Lucifa
    test
  7. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VII | Q’S TOP THREE VERSES OF THE WEEK
    These are not necessarily the best verses of the week; neither do they represent the views of the league as a whole. This list is solely dedicated to the opinion of its writer. These are the three verses that I enjoyed to read the most.

Three: Nah Son

While I do not feel that your verse stemmed from a picture of a girl on a unicorn with wings and fairies flying around her AT ALL, it was still quite easily one of the best crafted verses of the week. There wasn't much else better than this, as it was written nicely and had it been a few years back this would have easily been a stand out verse among others. But the topic is too known and while I did enjoy the intro and sadistic take on the topic, the ending was a bit of a let down seeing as how even the news has laid off the topic. Good verse though still, and good writing skills. Keep it up and present something fresher and you'll definately take the title this week.

Two: TheReturn

Again, due to not much competition to contest your writing, this verse remains as one of the top three verses of the week. Nicely executed with good flow and good emotion. Very cliche however and the subject matter/underlying plot has been overused by you in the previous weeks. But that is really irrelevant, seeing as how we do not vote for you against you, but you against your opponent and the verse was still better than the competition, and therefore you have remained our Champion. Good shit, and good luck this week. You are definately on a roll.

One: Got Life?

I just don't know. Sometimes your verses just don't work for me, and sometimes the idea is just outstanding enough that they do. This verse was cleverly crafted and portrayed with good writing, good vocabulary, and a good enough flow to keep the reader reading. I thoroughly enjoyed your take on the topic, above anyone else this week, and that alone has landed you in my number one spot. Good shit and good way to tweak the gore into something a little better. Keep it up sugar tits and quit recycling.
    test
  8. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

VIII | GOT LIFE'S SHIT LIST

So this week had so much drama that even the females in the league (Dic and Bonnie) got their feathers ruffled and the shit list becomes quite the long list after all this week.

The first segment as always will be offered to all those wonderful people who flock the league telling us stories about how their herpes outbreak just happened to land on Thursday night preventing them from posting. Keep fighting the good fight Defcon, one day you will be able to control those outbreaks. Joining him on a little island that should be nuked is Weezy, Rocket, and Trybz although Trybz gets his own segment.

Trybz gets the “what the fuck where you thinking” award. After the last time the kid got his panties in a twist he actually came out and fired off a pretty surprisingly good verse against me, this week though after forcing Baron Mynd to go ahead and cut his piece down because it brutalized the line limit, Trybz had the nerve to then show up and ask for an extension. You don’t sit there talking shit all week and break someone’s balls about a line limit to only then need an extension. That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

I’d be a complete hypocrite though if I didn’t shit list myself this past week. Although the verse I put forth this week was originally written and every done by the book, last week I took the easy way out as I couldn’t honestly feel bothered to write against Weezy and I recycled a piece from about a year ago that I had used to previously defeat Vigil. Some like The Return had known about this prior, but really didn’t care; naturally Dic and LDogg did though and pulled my card. I can’t argue against this because it is what it is. In light of that Nah Son gets a lucky advancement onto the Champ Match vs TheReturn, a match I had been looking forward to since the last time TheReturn and I met.

Likewise in the world of who the hell recycled what you have the next to comedians. Baron Mynd, who took down his 80+ line verse and replaced it with a piece that has cluttered more message boards than Rikoshay’s piece if I was god for a day…indeed it begged the question that while that verse never saw the light of day in the RSTL prior. Is it still recycling and should the RSTL have firmer rules considering that the rule in question simply says NO RECYCLING. I’m sure Q will be doing his cover story on the likes so I won’t go any further then that, but joining Baron with his own technicality twist is Dic, who took a piece from a collab he was working on with Bonnie from over a month ago, tied in some bullshit previously used conclusion to the piece to somehow connect it to this week’s topics and ran with it. Some people say it’s recycling…others say it isn’t, but how many people are truly sitting down and writing to the topics.

When you think about it, LDogg produced a verse about vampires, something that everyone has painfully written about, indeed a topic beaten to death that could have easily been recycled like his previous pieces although people are to lazy to go look for proof. Vern posted an audio and a piece about unconditional love that could have been dated from any time, while the verse was nice and the audio was smooth, I genuinely believe that Vern didn’t waste time this week, grabbed an audio for a piece that easily fit the overkilled topic that has been the topic for millions of songs and ran with it.

The most obvious perpetrator of not using any of the topics though had to be Nahson, who took the picture of a girl on the unicorn and just wrote a piece about child molestation, and a priest being the child molester, something in truth I think he recycled as well with a very vague and garbage connection to the topic, although the verse was well written and entertaining.

Moving on from all that this week we also get to showcase terrible voting. TekNeeK is arguably the worst voter in the league, although I’m sure Dic and Lok will come in here saying I’m a dick rider and all that jazz, it’s cute especially when Dic hate votes against me, goes out of his way to stick his trap into everything I do, and lok spends his time imagining that he’s an actual tangent of me, or my tail. Regardless, Tek’s voting is cluttered with a lot of incoherent mumbling and always lacks any logical conclusion behind it, I think that simple and plain like extremely old people eventually lose their privilege to drive because they can’t see properly anymore, Tek should no longer be allowed to vote.

As for other people in the league, you haven’t done quite enough to land on the shit list yet, but I’m keeping a weary eye on everything and you may just find your name on here if your shady antics continue.

For now, this is the shit list, and this is not where you want to find your name.
    test
  9. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

IX | THE COVER STORY

A lot of nonsense this week revolved around the topic of recycling.

Accepted by some and looked down upon by others. Some frequently recycle, simply falling in love with a piece and never quite receiving the feedback that they are looking for. Others recycle pieces that they have yet to showcase, and therefore find it harmless and utterly unnoticeable. And then there are some that are completely against the idea and feel that every single RSTL verse should be a new and fresh idea.

So who is to blame?

Is it the moderators and their inability to differentiate between a fresh and recycled verse? Is the the participants for not noticing a verse that they have already read on the boards, or not saying anything to keep their connections to a trustworthy voter? Is is the rules for allowing recycled verses just as long as they have never been used within this forum? Is it your momma for raising such a douche bag?

Irregardless of who is at fault, the subject is worthy of a discusssion and its future needs to be determined.

My take is this:

Recycling is a personal problem. In the RBL, I have went on complete runs through the league and won titles purely off of recycled verses that in the past I may have lost with and felt that I deserved otherwise. Yes, it is lackadaisacal on my behalf, however, I never quite had the time to write and therefore I could care less.

But now, I am a moderator of a league that is facing this same problem, and I now see the importance of the issue. On one end, who wants to face a recycled verse, win or lose? Everyone deserves to face a fresh verse and everyone has enough time to produce one. I have had one of the busiest schedules and have still been able to produce straight A's, write a magazine, work fulltime, and post a verse every single week. Maybe I would have recycled if I ever had anything to recycle, but seeing as how this is my first ever consistent stint within this league, it was not an option.

I feel as the rules reflect. And for numerous reasons.

[1] It is damn near impossible to notice a verse that has been recycled but never posted, and therefore the argument is irrelevant. How will a moderator ever be able to tell when a participant, say Dic Gets Gully, writes a verse geared towards an open mic, but never uses it and thefore tranforms it into an RSTL verse? Of course, in his case, we were able to notice, but it would have been unfair towards him when plenty others can/get away with the same exact thing.

[2] It is damn near impossible to notice a verse that has been posted on another site or in another league. Seeing as how I never frequent any other site, and I am not involved in any other league, nor do I read much material outside of this forum, I will never be able to pinpoint a recycled verse and its origin, nor will I care to. I will never investigate or try and get to the bottom of it, because quite frankly, it is too much time and energy wasted for ludicrous reasons.

[3] Who cares? Really. My prime goal is to increase the activity and percentage of completed battles within this league, and therefore, one recycled verse equals one more verse posted. Sure, if it is blatantly obvious or has been posted within this league then it will be dealt with accordingly. But why would I care to search open mic forum after the next and googling stanzas to "get to the bottom of anything". I will let you people play spy, and if you find a verse that coincides with the rules posted, then Jook or myself will take it from there. But I refuse to offer any more effort in finding a recycled verse.

This past week, I feel that Baron was wrongfully accused, as well as Dic. However GL would fall into my category of blatantly obvious. He was also the only one who directly disrupted the rules and reused an RSTL verse that had been posted recently.

The rule, as it stands, is the best it will ever get. Therefore I intend to stick by it until someone discovers something better (which is highly doubtful). If you're lazy enough to try it and get away with it, then kudos to you. And those that are caught in the wrong will end up just like Got Life?

Maybe if I were younger, or more active on the internet rap scene, then I would have different views and opinions. But I'm really not interested in my views. I would like to hear your views. So either email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com, or private message me, or post in this magazine and share your views on the topic.
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

X | HEADLINERS OF THE WEEK
    Based On Completed Matches

Not much to choose from, so many names will be repeated.

BEST OVERALL VERSE
    Got Life?

RUNNER UP
    TheReturn

WACKEST OVERALL VERSE
    RICO

WORST OF THE BEST VERSES OVERALL
    Lord Drama

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A PICTURE
    Got Life?

MOST CREATIVE USE OF A TOPIC
    Got Life?

BEST OVERALL FLOW
    Vada

BEST OVERALL MATCHUP
    TheReturn vs. Lucifa

RUNNERS UP
    Got Life? vs. Nah Son

BIGGEST UPSET OF THE WEEK
    Got Life? recycling
    Bonnie snitching
    Trbyz bitching
    Baron running
    test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XI | THE OFFICIAL RANKINGS

The Top 4:

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (9-0) vs. 2. Nah Son (5-1)

Contership Match: 3. Dic Gets Gully (3-0) vs. 4. vada (6-1)

The Bottom:

5. Lord Drama (4-1) vs. 6. Bonnie Bathory (2-1)

7. Poetikz (2-0) vs. 8. Got Life (7-3)

9. Eye-Rime (8-2) vs. 10. DaAlmightyDolla (6-3)

11. Sicksth*Cents (1-0) vs. 12. ApoGee. (2-2)

13. King Grimet (?-?) vs. 14. TeKneeK (1-0)

15. Lucifa (7-3) vs. 16. Dougie G (1-2)

17. RICO (1-6) vs. 18. Condescending (0-2)

19. J o o k (1-0) vs. 20. JOWELZ (0-0)

21. Vigil (0-0) vs. 22. Londo (0-0)

23. Juked (0-0) vs. 24. Smoke Trail (0-0)

25. Alias2 (0-0) vs. 26. .P.G. (0-0)

27. Revanon (0-0) vs. 28. $1.50 (0-0)
    test
  12. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XII | Q'S PREDICTIONS

The Top 4:

Championship Match: 1. TheReturn (9-0) vs. 2. Nah Son (5-1)
    Even

Blindly predicting, I would call this bout evenly matched. Two good writers, one proven and one hidden behind an alias. Both have what it takes, but seeing as how TR opted to sign out and only stayed to make Jook's job easier, I'm looking for him to post a half-hearted verse and Nah Son take this undeserved match up quite easily.

Contership Match: 3. Dic Gets Gully (3-0) vs. 4. vada (6-1)
    Vada -3

Not a blowout by far. Dic is definately a contender and able to post and please his voters. However I simply have never enjoyed a Dic verse more than a Vern verse for the most part, and therefore I'm predicting he will take this quite easily, assuming that he exerts any amount of effort. Nevertheless, this will be a reader and hopefully a good showing on both parts, but Vada by at least 3 votes.

The Bottom:

5. Lord Drama (4-1) vs. 6. Bonnie Bathory (2-1)
    LD -3

Neither have been outstanding as of yet in my book. Bonnie brings something new to the table everytime with the structure/format/content of her verses while LD writes nonsensical stories about vampires and rivers of dead vampires and whatnot. Both have the potential to win, but as is, I think LD's format is more crowd pleasing and therefore will produce more votes, while Bonnie's talent is overlooked due to her strange format. Lord Drama by at least 3 votes.

7. Poetikz (2-0) vs. 8. Got Life (7-3)
    GL -3

Another battle that would seem to have the potential for a blowout. However I think Poetikz has more than what it takes to put up a good fight. But GL is was deservingly robbed of his title run due to a recycled verse from week's past and thereby will be hungry to climb the ranks and take back what he feels is rightfully his. Poe just doesnt have the steam going, and I see him falling prey to being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Got Life? will do what it takes to win, coming out on top by at least 3 votes.

9. Eye-Rime (8-2) vs. 10. DaAlmightyDolla (6-3)
    Even

I do not tend to call my battles, but just for the record, IF I DO WIN, this will be my 3rd time whooping that ass. So Jook, please do not pit us against each other again.

11. Sicksth*Cents (1-0) vs. 12. ApoGee. (2-2)
    Ummm, Even?

Neither have proven their worth. Apo is decent, but his record proves that he clearly does not have what it takes, being that his competition has never been overwhelming. I didnt read Sicksth last week, but he also tackled pretty easy competition at the bottom of the ranks. I'll call this is Sicksth*Cents' favor solely because of the fact that GL vouched for him, which is more than I can say for Apo. However, the name is very annoying to type.

13. King Grimet (?-?) vs. 14. TeKneeK (1-0)
    LOL, Tek -5

I hate to say it, because Tek is rather corny more times than not. But KG just has't proved his worth to me outside of moderating an RBL League in ICU. TeKneeK should blow this out the water quite easily, or either he will be automatically signed out and banned until next season.

15. Lucifa (7-3) vs. 16. Dougie G (1-2)
    Lucifa -5

Wow, and another one. Lucifa, all I'll say is if you do not win this battle, you will be dropped from TMU. No pressure though.

17. RICO (1-6) vs. 18. Condescending (0-2)
    Even

Both have phenomenal losing records and yet both are consistent in writing and showing up for battles. Two important assets to this league, however their lack in talent can not be overlooked. A battle of losers. I'm calling this in Condescending's favor solely because he has shown more potential than RICO. And for the record, I would hate to be that one win under RICO's belt. LOL.

19. J o o k (1-0) vs. 20. JOWELZ (0-0)
    Even

Great match up. I'll keep it simple and go with the home team.Jook, my fellow moderator, will win this even if I have to delete votes. LOL.

21. Vigil (0-0) vs. 22. Londo (0-0)
    Even

Umm, I know the names but I can't seem to match it to the talent. I think Vigil was dope in the past though, so i'll go with him. Vigil in a close one.

23. Juked (0-0) vs. 24. Smoke Trail (0-0)
    Even

I know neither names, therefore I will not waste my time. Umm, Smoke Trail in a close one.

25. Alias2 (0-0) vs. 26. .P.G. (0-0)
    Alias2 -3

I don't know who .P.G. is, or why there are so many periods in his name. But for the sake of not wanting to type it again, I'll say Alias2 by at least 3 votes, although I believe the other guy is already up in votes.

27. Revanon (0-0) vs. 28. $1.50 (0-0)
    LOL. Are you serious?

Rev better win against an emcee named $1.50. I don't know, this looks to be a joke. If both show then I hope Rev wins for the simple fact that he has been here his entire life. However he is overly corny and lame more times than not, and in the middle of reviving the RWE, which will fail miserably. The whole idea is too comical in my opinion. I don't mean to hate, but reading you type in multiple personalities is the corniest thing I've seen on this league in a long while. With that said, Revanon by a hair.
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIII | Q’S TOP THREE COMPETITORS FOR WEEK 13

Three: Got Life, because you were deservingly robbed of your title shot and will look to redeem yourself and your position within the ranks. Especially if Nah Son, your opponent in which you beat vote wise, wins in one of the most undeserving title matches yet. That, and the fact that I'm sure you think Poetikz sucks and therefore will do just enough to flush out the shit.

Two: Lucifa, quite simply because you BETTER NOT LOSE to Dougie mothertrucking G. LOL. But really, because you were so close to winning the title, and will look to bounce back quickly by taking advantage of the easy match up this week. Also, because you value your membership within TMU, and if you lose, all bets are off. LOL. Good luck homie, you may need it.

One: DaAlmightyDolla, because if you lose, then I will have beaten you 3 times now. Plus, you claim that I am a garbage writer, and hopefully you will try and prove your agrument, although I see you failing miserably. LOL. But really, good luck this week. You may win solely because I'm out of school and have time to do more things other than sit in front of a computer.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XIV | J O O K’S CORNER

test
  15. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XVI | THIS JUST IN!!!

Breaking down a flea ridden Dogg…

So a lot of you throughout the league have seen L Dogg walk around telling everyone how they’re unworthy of this or that and have seen his terrible voting flood your battles, now lets take a look and analyze the writing of RM’s very own republican.

I watched him pull her from my side; she dripped emotion
    Onto the red trail of life, that stood on the mist of the ocean
    The touch of his arm brought back all her beauty and gaze
    And when she turned her face, I knew she thought of the day
    That our eyes crossed paths, the day her life changed
    The day I made her immortal by the bite of my fangs
    I watched her walk down the red isle in the glare of the night
    Hoping she remembered our plan to kill him,
    In her new marriage to life.

Exactly what does it mean to drip emotion, granted emotion can be visible, but how do you drip emotion, the wording here is awkward. Let us continue…so now we have a red trail of life and this trail stands on the mist of the ocean…the imagery just doesn’t really correlate with anything, it’s just kind of there at random. As for the next line, didn’t she drip emotion when she was pulled, now it’s bringing back her beauty and gaze…had she not been beautiful prior and where exactly was her gaze, this pretty much paints her as a dying lost soul that’s brought back to life…maybe Jesus is pulling and saving her…whichever lets just allow this vague nonsense to continue…not only does L now treat us to stretched out vague bars, but we also get no rhyming, gaze, face, day, paths, changes, fangs, night, him, life…great! Very complex rhyme scheme indeed, $10 to whoever can find its tortured existence. Anyway what in the hell is the glare of the night, is there a thunderstorm or are you just clouding your verse with random imagery again, now you’re talking about a plan to kill “him” in a new marriage to life…so essentially what we’re getting here is this woman who seems like she doesn’t want to live, now being pulled away by random “him” had made a plan where she was willingly bitten and turned into a vampire to kill “him” in return for immortality? The lack of character development makes this a rather shaky and unclear introduction where all that you can really pull from it is that you can assume the girl didn’t end up liking her choice of becoming a vampire although she gets to be “immortal”.

At first She hated me for all her years spent missing the nights
    Of normal life, the type that didn’t have her missing the light
    she hated sucking blood to survive, but she was with me for life,
    the woman who eventually would be my wife…

This doesn’t offer anything new at all and really has no point, other than re-affirming that she wasn’t all about the whole transition into being a vampire because she lost the ability to live a normal daily life and be out in the sun.

I met Victor in England, when we were hunting the same
    Victim, I watched and listened, trying to study his brain
    There was talk of his name; no vamp would meet him in battle
    Was in control of the vamp grave, son of the king’s castle
    The place dead vamps soaked in tears and mourned
    the place I was told to avoid the year I was born.
    No vamp wanted death, it meant being locked in the cage
    with liquid chains, that held souls on top of the waves
    The only way to be free of the sea of sin
    Was to be chosen by Victor to breathe again
    and he didn’t come often to renew life
    only to check the latest deaths for a new wife
    there was nothing new in site,
    but he also checked the streets
    and today found a woman he liked;
    they both stood next to me

Now we completely jump here, who is Victor, why all the sudden the introduction of characters and location, it seems like the piece finally starts here, but the rhyming is so forced, the first bar is incomplete without the last word, which he carries over because same rhymes with brain and he probably couldn’t rhyme anything with victim…the rest is a basic introduction to the character although sloppily written like “was in control of the vamp grave” would sound more natural as he controlled the vamp graves”…then the whole thing about the vamp graves just sounded so dull and had no real sense of clarity, I read through it wondering the whole time, is this kid serious…and now apparently here lands Victor “the all mighty” scoping for a wife, landing next to our narrator/him and this victim, so this whole time he’s alluding to having met Victor it appears that this is how they actually meet.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

This Just In Continued...​

Victor’s eyes were set on the prey I craved to taste
    and her neck was mine, couldn’t let him take my place
    He crept up from behind her, right about to attack
    That’s when I quickly approached and tapped,
    on the side of his back
    When he turned, I was there, he had heard of me too
    Knew I was from America, where the word of me grew
    I was to kill Victor and in doing this
    His grave of dead vamps would crumble like old ruins did

…crumble like old ruins did…or maybe like old ruins do…but whichever the case, we’ve already accepted the fact that L Dogg when he does rhyme forces it like hell and can’t naturally write with any real rhyme scheme so moving beyond that…a Vampire as powerful as Victor would have good senses, but here he was fooled by a tap on the shoulder and now all the sudden our random vampire becomes some notorious vampire from the USA…and he now plans on killing Victor as if it was his destiny over being the first to taste some random slut on the street even though he was warned since birth of the dangers of crossing Victor, makes perfect sense. Just more meaningless imagery and development that leads you no where.

He knew I was there to kill him, but the prince didn’t know this
    That I had secretly fell in love with the girl he held by the wrist
    I watched her for days, watched her eyes reflect a glow
    That lit up her face in ways only us infected would know
    I knew he would come for her,
    but what I thought was a dinner plate
    was instead a woman I approached for a dinner date;
    the love she had for her life made it hard to enter fangs...

This reflection mid piece right as some kind of action is about to happen takes the reader entirely away from the piece, like if someone started talking on their cell mid movie and being loud and obnoxious…speaking of love from a distance, and how this hunter, this vampire now describes himself as infected, not really the mindset you want to have when going up against the prince of vampires…the last line in and of itself was atrocious…whoever taught L to write should be shot…and anyone that gave him any daps should be shot, re-incarnated and buried alive…

Victor stood looking like the meanest thug.. like he was tough
    us vampires will do anything for the sweetest blood
    I struck him with force trying to drive in the stake
    He pushed it away from his heart and started to chase
    I took her by the hand when we started to dash
    Through streets and city lights with him right on our path
    He screamed from the distance as we got farther away
    Until his voice started to fade like the first part of the day
    It was hard to say what would happen, what victor would do
    I assumed I would know someday soon.
    My love for her grew, while her body aged
    And I knew I had to use my fangs
    to preserve her rotting face.

So essentially our character attacks Victor trying to kill him with a stake, he’s unsuccessful and then he grabs the girl and runs with her away from Victor, and although Victor was able to over power the narrator, for some reason he can’t catch him while he’s running with some at this point confused and horrified girl. A girl we can now start to realize towards the end of this as the one from the beginning. If her face had been aging and such, how could she be out there living with a vampire, living on the run, it doesn’t make sense. The time warp that L Dogg throws in here adds confusion to the piece either that or his imagery continues to perplex itself. He had to use his fangs to preserve her rotting face? What in the hell, I don’t think someone you love or find beautiful would be someone you describe as having a rotting face, the correlations don’t work here and I’m only touching the surface of this dog shit verse.

I hoped he would find us and make her a vampire again
    … none of us wanted to bathe in his empire of sin
    our empty souls moved mimicking physical forms
    up and down over waves of the visibly critical storm
    the raging weather let us know victor was disgusted
    If a vampire died, it was said that they couldn’t be trusted
    Only Victor could bring dead vamps out of liquid graves
    And is what he did today when he saw her in the waves
    Victor searched long years with no news of our lives
    Until the day some vamp slayers threw us in light
    Placed in Victors grave, there was no place to hide our face
    I didn’t think he would find her out here.. It was like a maze
    But when he came down on his red trail, to check for a wife
    He saw me, then her and remembered her neck that was white
    Smiled at me and used his weapon of life

So they got away from Victor, but they get killed by “vampire slayers”…likely story…the wording here continues to be awkward “her neck that was white” is a prime example of this although the rhyming at the start of this last segment was decent. In totality this kind of wraps things together with how she came back to life when he unleashed her from the grave to be his wife, but none of the main characters are ever developed…the only one we really know anything about is Victor, the piece ends rather inconclusively and the imagery couldn’t be more clouded and off.

All in all I’d give this piece a C- at best, so the next time you see a harsh vote from L Dogg, wonder this, who the fuck is that clown to judge my writing.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

XVII | CONCLUSION

I would like to formally apologize for my reactions to nonsensical judgements made upon myself in last week's magazine. I shouldn't have took such absurd and preposterous remarks to the heart.

With that said, it was a decent week and looks to be a better one already. Good luck to all of you and please remember that this magazine is written by myself, and therefore reflects my opinions. If I have slandered your name in any way, I do not wish to beef. It was solely for entertainment purposes, because I respect all of you as individuals and as writers.

At this time, I would like to, again, extend a warm invitation to those who disagree with the way I write my magazines, or to those who may disagree with my views or the way I express my opinions, or simply to those whom may just want to help out and have a sincere concern for the future of this league. Please feel free to email me at usadesigns1@gmail.com. I am always open to suggestions and help from those who are truly interested.

H/B.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

eat your hearts out, faggots
    test
  20. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

how about a lil wager Q. if i beat u again than u have 2 break up TMU
    if by some hate votes u beat me cough again cough than ill give u half my winnings from the upcoming tourny
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.