THE MAG: TeK's Corner - The RSTL Tournament Rd 2

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by TeKneeK, Sep 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeKneeK

TeKneeK The Heart and Soul of RM

TEK’S CORNER

What is up to all of you out there… you’ve tuned into TEK’S CORNER… I am your host TEKNEEK, and if you got something you want to ask or talk about, you can hit me up at AIM: Tonguecancer and/or by EMAIL: taesheek@hotmail.com.​

Let’s move quickly into this and get started. ---- First off, I want to get some things off my chest and start off with this RSTL Tourney and the antics recently pulled by IV. Basically it has come to my attention that IV, the current RSTL Champion has been formulating his attention on creating another tourney cloning the RSTL. From what has been seen, a lot of replies and participation from the peeps in RSTL have brought themselves in joining IV’s tourney… and while I find nothing illegal and such, to my own opinion it is disrespectful. I mean here you are, a RSTL champion.. no no… co-champion, you put yourself into the RSTL tourney repeatedly declaring you to be the finalists… better yet the victor of this whole tourney, and what happens… you no-show and you’re eliminated. I have nothing against IV… matter of fact, since his consecutive stints in the regular RSTL league, IV has been on a roll. No… he’s been on a tear. And while the final match before the tourney had outcomed to be a real controversy, for the first time, we have co-champions in both DeMETRIUS and IV. This preserves IV’s record in holding consecutives weeks at the top… however, coming into the RSTL tourney, it can obviously been seen.. that IV doesn’t wanna win the tourney. I don’t know what you may have heard from him word of mouth if he’s claimed to win it all but he does not care about the tourney at all. I mean face it, he no-shows in last year’s tourney and he no-shows once more in this year’s tourney. Yeah… uh-huh… you are the man when the league is in play but in the tourney, you are as worst as Lilrhyminhood or Nasif in the RBL. Seriously, I always had respect for the guy, but sometimes he pulls these stints that raises his stock points and then lowers his stock points. The guy is just plain mediocre when it comes to demeanor. You can’t say he’s the most likeable fellow when it comes to situations in competition… but you can say he’s the most likeable fellow when it comes to modding, writing and such. But lately, IV is putting himself more vividly on a teeter totter of characters.

His most recent antic by no-showing to this year’s RSTL Tourney was one antic to note in wondering how much real devotion he has to the tourney… but to say that you’re a MOD and mock your own league and formulate an ‘UNOFFICIAL’ league of your own and then tickle the folks of RMC by saying you’re going to have a $100 prize is nothing short of bogus. First off, how do you tell everyone to FUCK THE RSTL and do something else on your own when you’re part of the league iself? How do you provide in having an incentive in getting to people join a tourney that nobody will in the end-run show up to and pull away credibility of the RSTL by basically SLAPPING IT IN THE FACE and making your own thing? Uh-huh, take it from someone who in the end couldn’t hold up his end of the deal by holding onto the RBL… heh – way to go IV… now the people realize that you aint perfect… but someone they don’t want more. Good riddance to the RBL thanks to you. --- So you try to tell off the RSTL and create your own politics of another league that you know nobody wants to join, and yet your $100 prize lures these folks in to competing. Not in my forum you aint doing that tourney! – Its ridiculous. You no-show from the tourney and then you create a new tourney of your own for prize money! – Yea, I’m surprised you didn’t do that for the RBL. What makes you sure of yourself your $100 tourney is going to make things better for you when you couldn’t show up to your own RBL league and to your RSTL tourney match? --- What a slap in the face! – Now you know why I left that tourney not wanting to be a part of it! – That’s so disrespectful. And while I had not said much about this whole news of this tourney, it had to be said…. Indeed. ---- I hope your tourney goes well IV. I really hope your tourney goes well… I would hate to know how bloody the winner of your tourney’s spine is going to be. Why don’t you just keep your $100 and make a name for yourself and deceive all the people in your tourney of your little plots and schemes! – This makes me mad… it really does. And I knew… from the beginning when you won your RSTL belt during the league, that there was something about you I didn’t like as a champion… and this is just one of those stints that is evident to why I always had this thing to why I didn’t like you. – I’m glad that you’re no longer in the tourney! Let someone else who cares and who appreciates the value of a tournament represent something for the league than some half-assed champion who finds boredom and little value of what it is to be on top. It was real nice of you IV to disrespect the newbies and the others in this tourney by saying you have REAL PEOPLE in your so-called tourney! You don’t give newbies or those new to the RSTL a chance… people like PATRIARCH, TRAP, J.CHRIST, ENTOURAGE or TEXT. And if you have these names in your tourney, who isn’t real or hot that was in the RSTL tourney??? Who? – Name em!
    test
  2. TeKneeK

You brought these things on yourself and you do things to dig yourself in the hole that just gets deeper and deeper the more you start doing these antics! I don’t really know what you’re intent is… or what it is you have in being in the tourney, when you don’t show enough passion for what it is that bothers you or don’t like about the league. Point being, you slap RSTL in the face with this tourney and you take credibility away… go back to the RBL.. its apparent that you do the topics for the RSTL to favor yourself in winning matches. You know that a true writer can rock to any topic no matter how bad it is… and you complain worst than a bitch on her monthly rag!

Whatever… I’m done with that… if anybody here takes sides on this case and justifies themselves with IV you voice yourself on the replies in his defense and tell me why I’m overreacting and or just yapping my ass off.

A TRUE CHAMPION

That being said… I switch over INTO the tourney… and bring myself to more disappointment to a man… a man who is so skilled, and so articulate, and a writer that does things with words so viciously, that he instills fear in the eyes of every person facing him in battle. --- WWIII aka Warren Worthington III brings something that a lot of top folks don’t. He is given the respect and also credit on a constant occasion on anything he chooses to write about. WWIII has given me 3x, days of depression and demoralization. This recent match with WWIII was my most hungriest and most deep-minded match I had in quite a long time and I put my most heartfelt rhyme against his… and what was read in the outcome was nothing more of amazement at his skill and his style.

WWIII, in the mouths of many in the RSTL, is declared the best storyteller in RMC. While many others like PERIL, JOWELZ, IT and VERN are those who share that same assimilated title, WWIII does his thing in his own… representing nobody else but himself. He’s all that epitomizes the essence of greatness when it comes to writing. WWIII, in comparison to the others… writes his rhymes in a way that is so at the norm of writing that makes it so vivid and easy in reading structurally.

I was demoralized and absolutely drained that I could not beat him… and therefore makes me submit myself in telling WARREN that you are a great great writer and while it was a great honor having 3 great matches with you from the days of the RWF… it has been pretty difficult against you also. Of all the names still in the tourney, I hope that you are one of them that makes it at the top… this if anything, is your time to the top of the mountain…. Now.

THE CINDERELLAS

TRAPEZOIDAL, J. CHRIST, and TEXT are names that one would never really look at a second time in this tourney. But thanks to the tourney itself, these three have been spending some time in the RSTL league… bringing themselves into the tournament with some fire and promise for the future of the RSTL. All three have brought some real impressive wins and are all capable of being Cinderella stories just like CLAUSHOUSE winning the tourney last year. I sincerely do hope that one of the three do make it to the finals… so that more talent is brought into this league to breed and reproduce more writing skills for these both in the RSTL. If I had to put my money if these three were going against each other… it would be a toss-up between TEXT and TRAPEZOIDAL… I think both are just raw and vicious in text. J. CHRIST is a feisty and outspoken storyteller and is a reminder of a AWEDISHIN type when writing… true cinderellas… but lets see one of you really deliver the goods.

3RD ROUND WAR

As we venture into the 3rd round… the matches resume and as we can see, the matches get better and better as weeks go by,,,..

THE EAST

WWIII vs TRAPEZOIDAL
    - What a great match between a true Cinderella and a true champion. What would the ramifications be if TRAP pulled a stunner? What if TRAP wins? I had a real real keen eye on this cat making some noise during the league and to see him upsetting CRYOGENIC and then an easy coaster from WHITE-EYEZ.. TRAP puts himself in his most crucial test, WWIII. WWIII is the ruler, the king, the master and the writer. His #1 ranking makes him probably the most formidable opponent in the tourney right now. WARREN may seem predictable in the elements he uses for story rhyming but he never ceases to amaze when we read the contents of the elements… a truly unstoppable storyteller. WWIII vs TRAP…. WWIII too overwhelming.

SHOCK vs IBK
    - I have respect for both gentlemen, but to hear about this antic about IBK pulling a favortism vote for IV in a match against JOWELZ and also from another match by another RSTL’er makes me real angry and eye on IBK’s antics. As a writer, he is dangerous as anyone heavyweighted and easily ranks himself amongst them. But to see his repeated no-shows and effortless writing does NOT make him such a worthy opponent at times. SHOCK as of late has humbled himself from his mouthing off, however, he is also a great writer that can instill major upsets from those opposing him. SHOCK is very popular and extremely dangerous… I have my wishes on SHOCK but I feel that IBK may get this.

THE WEST

L-DOGG vs UNDERDOG
    - L-DOGG has been a very very quiet cat in this entire tourney… and being in the shadows of all the others making noise, L-DOGG in his best day is equally as great as anyone. However, UNDERDOG is oozing confidence and is making a great buzz throughout the tourney. His no-show win with VULKAN and great comeup with ILLWEEMAN has brought his credibility up enormously. And while many suspect as to who he is… PERIL, CLAUSHOUSE, INFIN TRUTH, EMCEEAXIOM or BLACK JESUS… UNDERDOG is doggin on everyone in his path. But since we see two dogs ruffin it up this week, who will be top dog??? – I put a real close eye on L-DOGG for a big upset but UNDERDOG seems powerful right now.

CIGMA vs ATHEIST
    - I said this once last year, and I will say this again… ATHEIST needs to come up. He has been around the top 10 so many times and seen himself fall also. ATHEIST does not have a RSTL title nor a RSTL tourney title. Maybe the RSTL tagteam tourney will do wonders for him… but right now, he is suspect and a big MAYBE when it comes to winning it all. Too many greater than him are in this tourney----and if he can actually dig through everyone and win it all – I will give him the greatest respect… if anyone, he truly is an underdog… losing all the time but still maintaining a great record in league play. CIGMA is skilled and articulate… but I have doubts about his writing style as I have always stated all along. In my own personal views, I always had a real bother with his structure in writing… but in others, they seem to like his writing. With a win over FORMAL LOGIC, CIG is now getting into the heart of the battlefield and next stop is ATHEISM… who will prove the better teller… my hands are going to see CIGMA maybe but ATHEIST may get a steal if coming hot this week.
    test
  3. TeKneeK

THE NORTH

THE UNORTHODOX vs THA TALENT
    - If you know who the alias is for UNORTHODOX (could be AXIOM, TALI, PERIL, or CLAUSHOUSE).. you’d know that he and THA TALENT makeup one of the biggest matches of the week. In fact, the NORTH is the best category of great competiton and matches. THA TALENT recently has been blazin!!!! – I personally have been real pleased and appreciative of reading TALENT’s rhyme as of late… and that he’s been on a tear. With his continuous bumrush… his match against THE UNORTHODOX may be the biggest feat ever. I look to see a lot of looks in this match and hope to see two greats tear it up against one another. If anything a good clash of the titans… but who is UNORTHODOX? – and who will win this??? – (rolls a dice) --- give me THA TALENT for the upset but I honestly do not know!

RICHARD COREY vs JWEAKS
    - Im real happy to see JWEAKS is easing himself into each round manhandling his opponents. He is by far, the most respected and the most gracious writer to be in the RSTL. At times, I question how much of a vicious writer he can be with his rather soft yet conservative style. He utilizes a poetical style fit perfectly like CIGMA’s (a tag team like them might be something), yet can at any given time drop some real articulate rhymes. JWEAKS is someone you cannot really hate. As POETIQUETTE and JWEAKS, he’s brought consistency and quality rhymes into the mix.. and is capable of winning it all if he comes majestically. RICHARD COREY, the most undisputed terror and threat to any heavyweight in the RSTL. We can maybe call him the Cinderella story but the fact that he writes so well… we just call him a heavyweight. RC is awesome. This is the other half of the great matches this week. Yes, the north is loaded and all I can say is the next round will be even more vicious. I have to put my $ on RC considering he comes all out articulate. You can’t hate JWEAKS but you have to give favor to RC with the noise he’s been making.

THE SOUTH

DAHLOHNER vs J. CHRIST

- This is the other half of the Cinderella story vs the true story. DAHLOHNER… one of the best in storytelling history of RMC seemingly easing in both of his wins and steadily raising his bar of skill as he moves on. J.CHRIST has been very dangerous with his big win over IDOL DOT Z and CAMBER, two huge cats from the RSTL. Is J.CHRIST an alias?? I do suspect, but in this case.. I can only seem him as a newbie.. and tell him how impressed and happy I am to see him flourish. But a brickwall lies ahead in DAHLOHNER. Who knows, this one may be a big one… I hope DL shows with his best and maintains his #1 status… but then again you can always go for the Cinderella too. DL on an edgey match.

TEXT vs PATRIARCH
    - I liked TEXT ever since I was caught by his attention in dropping great stuff in the league. TEXT is enjoyable to read and is also a big threat in the coming weeks. PATRIARCH has been given by some say.. a free ride to where he is. There have been times in the league where he flourishes and comes correctly, but I do not know and cant be sure. This one if brought furiously by TEXT may be very one-sided but being an underdog like PATRIARCH may see this as an upset… we shall see.

WHO IS THE FINAL 4 THEN?

Who do I think will be the FINAL 4???? – Here we go:

WWIII <-> There is no stopping him… he has told me personally that he is ready, furious and willing to take it all.

UNDERDOG <-> As I had mentioned in the beginning… I knew IV would not last, and therefore am seeing UNDERDOG take the WEST.

RICHARD COREY/UNORTHO-TALENT <-> As long as these three are in the mix, it is very difficult to determine… I really cannot say but it could be any of these three.

TEXT <-> We just might see a DL vs TEXT final … and TEXT brings it with heat… the Cinderella to make it happen is what I intend on possibly seeing but it will be real close.

*** WWIII vs ???? in the FINAL 2….

*** (TO BE ANNOUNCED) as the Winner of the RSTL TOURNEY.

In ending, I want to let everyone know that the RSTL is still alive and kickin’ and I hope that you all give your best in doing what you need to do. – The regular RSTL league will be up in two weeks or three… so be advised and prepared for the regular round…. IV and DEMETRIUS will be at the top as rankings will resume only by SIGN-INS.

Thanks to all the folks in the tourney and reppin it.
    test
  4. Insanevillian

Insanevillian STILL in CHARGE

blah, stop crying tek...

im still your champ...

muahahahahahahahaha...

and thas why i didnt need your tourney...

and to prove it, i should beat your ass next week...

actually set it up...

TeKneeK vs IV next week...

so i can demoralize u...

or just stfu..

your tourney is nice...

but it wasnt motivatin me...

but dont sit here and write a novel about me tek...

just take it in stride...

and oh...

THANKS FOR ADVERTISIN MY TOURNEY...

I APPRECIATE IT!...
    test
  5. Tha Talent

Tha Talent , Tha Master.

some random thoughts since i was too lazy to do an actual article

if you can't, for ONE moment, stop bashing IV, just don't talk about him..
    he has earned that title.

Warren's proven that he is in that group of elitists, i agree 100%

me, unorthodox, poet, and corey are practically dead even.
    any of us could take it.

why is everyone underestimating Patriarch?
    Text is my homie but Pat is not the underdog, even if you don't think he will win.

Atheist is my pick to win the West, after reading his verse this week
    i suggest you all read it.

Warren is too predictable to win the tournament
    just like Vern last time round

there you go.
    test
  6. WWIII

WWIII Guest

Thank you for all of the kind words.
    test
  7. FórmÅl LôGíc

FórmÅl LôGíc Black Listed

A technical win. Sad, sad.
    test
  8. LDogg The King

LDogg The King The High Life

if im one of the greats, how is it an upset if i win lol... fuck underdogg.. there is only one dogg who will be movin on an it wont be that one. imma eat u up pussy so bring your best work
    test
  9. ..::Peepers::..

..::Peepers::.. New Member

yea tek, you def went on way too long about IV, but i see your point, that was kinda cheap how he sets up another tourney.......but at least i get a second shot at makin some noise in a tourney this year, lol.....

good article, tek, a nice read
    test
  10. Charlie Hustle

Charlie Hustle That's Mr. Hustle To You

how the fuck can christ be an cinderella when i already beat him, you're so full of shit tek, fuck you and your shitty league
    test
  11. jweaksfromdapike

jweaksfromdapike The Pain and the Poetry

nice job on the mag....lol...tek never has liked my poetical style..oh well...it wins...[dunno]

dont worry...i'll try not to dissapoint
    test
  12. Mac Flow

Mac Flow Die

dammit no mention of me

you could have at least said how gay I was for no showing lol
    test
  13. Nebz

Nebz R.I.P. Point Game

what are u talking about?
    test
  14. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

Thank you for saying I'm the "underdog" cause now I can sow true wrath.
    test
  15. Art Writaz

Art Writaz The Brokken Knukkle

I still agree with Tek when he said im the most underrated champion ever.. lol :(
    test
  16. DahLohner

DahLohner Straight Up Un-Holy

hmm..

Looks like i have some work ahead of me.

IMOUT
    test
  17. Atheist

Atheist Storyteller

Sorry to be an asshole, Cigma.
    test
  18. solution!

solution! shockgod

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.