[[THE MAG]] (Late Edition) The RSTL Tribune: Issue 8, Week 14

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Quriosity, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CounterPart

CounterPart You're Comedy

everyone got an alias on this mofucker huh
    and whats the deal wit 589 people viewing 140 members...are all the rest those heads biters, bots, or what...i guess i just aint hip no more lmfao. feel like an old man in my early twnties dont know half the shit thats floatin round boards these days...
    call me a newb if you must lol
    test
  2. CounterPart

CounterPart You're Comedy

anyone with a dick in they mouth is a bitch to me...lmao
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Guest

test
  4. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Lol, having that kind of power at my fingertips is enthralling.

But seriously, I'm just trying to see the whole situation. I missed all the posts that got deleted in the thread during the first go around so I don't know what all the real Poetickz had to say. I just don't see how Pent using someones name to write a verse and post 4 votes on the top four battles each week (regardless of whether DiC was in them or not, although I think it did end up being all four weeks DiC was in the top eight, which is pretty suspect) is anything worthy of a ban.

If he had logged on DiC's name and voted against people twice in an effort to swing battles the way he wanted them to swing, yeah I would be all for banning him, but the way I see this, it just seems like the same case of someone using an alias and recycling a verse from another site the same way others have during the season.

I couldn't care less about his verse, I won't be voting or critiquing any matches and probably won't read any unless someone gets alot of props. I don't really care if he is banned or not, I just chill in the stickies while I'm not signed in and am just trying to keep things mediated as fairly as I can call it.
    test
  5. Bonnie Bathory

Bonnie Bathory New Member

People keep posting recycled verses against me... and I wana say... to me, its like playin one of those driving video games the first time against someone whose played it a lot, and they are takin all the shortcuts I duno about... it's allowed but its not cool to chump some1 like that... like you're not even gonna give em a square chance... just kinda rude if u ask me... he can post up his verse but if it wins I duno how he wouldnt just feel like his win is just tainted with fraudulent self-dealings and lack of sportsmanlike effort, and isnt any real kind of win at all... If I were him I'd be embarassed of myself for bein such a phoney and wouldn't be worryin about bein allowed to post my recycled verse in a champ match... don't care whether he's technically banned or not, but he should see some sort of consequence to that kind of behavior, cuz it's not a very respectful way to compete... of the league, your opponent, or writing in general... it's just kinda lame...

and as far as using alias's to write, sway votes, improve your record... that's just sad, go outside... this shouldnt be THAT important to you... it's not like P-Diddy gonna sign you at the end of the season... wtf is up w/ that??

I cannot stand that some of you mofos just recycle old shiz against me... F U 2
    test
  6. J o o k

J o o k Guest

test
  7. TheReturn

I definitely agree with that, which is why I've said that the rule should be changed next season. But it's really unfair to set the rule in stone, painfully stick to it for awhile, and then just disregard it before the season is over. I get a kick out of all the people that are "here just to write" or "don't care about records" yet they don't write they just use old pieces that have given them success in the past. It's stupid, and what I was pointing out wasn't in defense of Pent, I was just going by how the rules have been interpretted in the past. Like a lawyer yo, I'm all about the precedents.
    test
  8. Bonnie Bathory

I feel you, but there really isnt an even way across the board to handle this instance though, because it is a 3 way match and its the champ match... when DiC recycled in our battle it was called a tie and I didnt see a Loss, and he advanced in ranks to the contendership while I got dropped down a rank... and that was all cool I guess cuz it wasn't that big of a diff in rank at the time... but, I can't really be cool with callin this one a 3way tie and lettin the guy who recycled advance to be Champ if he wins... doesnt seem right either
    test
  9. TheReturn

Lol, honestly though if I sent you a collab and you didn't use it, I wouldn't consider it recycling. I know it's not writing to one of the topics, but if I really like a part of something that I don't post, I would take that part out and stick it into a verse which IS written to the topics and not really see anything wrong with it.

But yeah, the recycling has gotten way out of hand, but when the rule is interpretted that way once it has to be enforced that way IMO. Doesn't mean it isn't a bitch move though, especially in a champ match, and I personally wouldn't vote for any verse that was recycled whether it was legal or not.
    test
  10. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Pent posted his verse. We're just waiting on nahs the nastrodomous!
    test
  11. Pent uP

Pent uP I'd Like to Fight Ten Men

when i said top four battles, i meant the four most elevated battles, the first four battles physically in the forum
    test
  12. TheReturn

A nahsy, like Hitler.

Too much stretch of pronunciation there?
    test
  13. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I mean I see what you did there.
    test
  14. Pent uP

i was responding to
    test
  15. Pent uP

and here you are playing favorites again

baron ADMITS he was more than one person logged in at one time and you dont ban him like you told me on aim you would
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol Pent go toss salads at PR you whack homo
    test
  17. Pent uP

i was here first

and i'm better than u
    test
  18. Bonnie Bathory

i duno how you can claim you're better than anyone when your credibility is so low dude
    test
  19. Dr. Alias

Dr. Alias You know who it is

Not to dip in shit that is none of my business (I'd never do that lol) but Return is making a lot of good points..
    test
  20. Dr. Alias

Dr. Alias You know who it is

By the way..Any league where blatant recycling of already voted on verses ANYWHERE is bad news man.

Me signing in tomorrow and going 20-4 with verses from 2002-2007 (non-rstl related) is not good lol

So yeah, DEFINITELY be more harsh next season because that shit will ruin a league..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.