The lounge vol. 5 (ranks inside)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by J o o k, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I's callsem how's I seesem. Q and got bonding lol watch. Yall thought I was joking. Psh. Ana its all pref bruh, don't take it to the soul. Some shit you'll like some you won't.

But me being the man I am, you can't show me one time I put nigguhs down cos of what they wrote. I always tell them how to get better and develop. Fuck a league. Nigguhs should know how to write clearly and project their ideas in LIFE. What the fuck is you talking shit going to do for them. Not a fucking thing. All you nigguhs. Get a fucking clue.
    test
  2. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

Jook says what I said in the mag .. but a lot shorter and with authoritaaar .. props kid ..
    test
  3. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

In my vote I gave a couple suggestions to help the smoothness, syntax and vocabulary shit... I just thought that the level of cliche and inconsistency in the concept mostly, the execution wasn't bad, but the other verse's execution was if not much better, just as good, that it should have been an easy decision, and when I saw I was the only person, not only who thought it should be clear cut, but even who seemed to notice the major problems that I was shocked...

I could definitely tell he wasn't a beginning writer. There was some polish there, he's a good writer, the I Am concept really hurt him this week.
    test
  4. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

amen to jookie.

and amen to Taylor Mali and Beau Sia. amazing. though, i do think some of Lemon's stuff is good. not stellar, though. there are just so many people with a hip hop view of what slam, poetry in general, really are supposed to be like.
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

What???? Don't even tell me you guys are sleeping on Daniel Beatty. He has to be one of the most talented spoken word poets I've seen to date.
    test
  6. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I see your point Anaphora, it was never that I didn't. It was just your wording that troubled me.
    test
  7. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

Beatty is good, im just mostly talking in the more known poets. as far as good spoken word poetry, theres so many talented cats that dont his the def jam shows.

Mike Magee[sp?], all of the LA team from the 1999-2000 competition. Sekou The Misfit etc.
    test
  8. Anaphora

Anaphora was here

Haha, my bad. Get a little mean when I'm frustrated... I hadn't set out to hurt your feelings nah son, sorry if that happened, I just thought in this instance you were clearly outmatched, and that the votes didn't seem to understand that fact bugged the crap out of me.
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Word sekou be with that white dude and they be ripping it. I forgot the white dudes name I think it's Steve Connell (sp).
    test
  10. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

lol...finally people that feel my pain...you should write another edition of "highway robbery" for the mag like you use to.
    test
  11. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

yessir. steve connelly. i think. yeh. that LA team was so tight. connelly and sekou both hit dej poetry solo, but their pieces hit a bit harder in group pieces. used to having refrains[call and response] i think.
    test
  12. J o o k

J o o k Guest

SI you ever checked them out live in LA?
    test
  13. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

no. im not on the coast too often. ive been planning to come to LA soon. i got family in the Downey area. but, i have seen Beau and Saul both perform live. Saul twice now.

saw Beau when i was out in San Francisco for the Youth National Poetry Slam in '05, as well as Saul for the first time. then Saul performed at my university. pretty tight. at the nationals they had a sit down, Q&A/workshop with Beau. so cool.
    test
  14. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Illness, yea I know of the Downey area. Cool.
    test
  15. S. Issue

S. Issue Who?

yeah. i keep hearing about how i need to get out there and see the bay poets throw down in their venues. we hit up a few places, but mostly kept to workshop areas and the bigger venues where the actual competition was.
    test
  16. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

the contendership is highly slept on
    test
  17. Got Life?

probably because it's a whack battle, i have cane on ignore though so I haven't read his verse, yours was whack though.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
  19. Baron Mynd

Baron Mynd Swaggersaurus Rex

Now THERES an understatement! :^)
    test
  20. Got Life?

not really...some shit just getting blown out of proportion as usual...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.