The Lounge! v.8 [UPDATED ranks inside!!!]

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by J o o k, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J o o k

J o o k Guest

[​IMG]

All I have to say is this is probably the most talent we've had in a long time.

Dic, L Dogg, Strike, S. Issue, and even TeK (for the thousandth time) signed back in.

With the talent of Nah, Q, Lok, TheReturn, SacriFICE, DAD, 3- Planes, and Mound 10, ALREADY IN THE LEAGUE

This shit is about to be wild barring no shows.

No league on the face of this earth is fucking with us right now.

RSTL!!! BITCHES!

----- OFFICIAL RSTL RANKINGS -----

Championship: 1. Nah Son (4-0) vs. 2. TheReturn (4-0)

Contendership: 3. SacriFICE (4-1) vs. 4. MrMister (2-0)

The Rest of the League

5. Vada (2-0) vs. 6. LokStok (4-1)
    7. Got Life? (5-2) vs. 8. Trybz (3-3)
    9. Alias2 (1-0) vs. 10. 3 - Planes (1-0)
    11. Eye-Rime (4-1) vs. 12. Mound 10 (1-0)
    13. DaAlmightDolla (5-2) vs. 14. Furl (2-1)
    15. S. Issue (1-2) vs. 16. Unavailable (1-2)
    17. RICO (0-2) vs. 18. Howard Winter.. (0-0)
    19. Dic Gets Gully (0-0) vs. 20. rocket (0-0)
    21. Lord Drama (0-0) vs. 22. Strike2 (0-0)
    23. TeKneeK (0-0) vs. 24. Harris Pilton (0-0) vs. 25. EfGEEsus (0-0)​
    test
  2. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

hey jook...I didn't sign out...pfft
    test
  3. J o o k

J o o k Guest

I seen princess, next time don't be like "well maybe i'll sign out, maybe not, guess jook" lmao you're the asshole.

Ranks will be finalized in the morning dukes.
    test
  4. Got Life?

i may be the asshole, but I finalized my post before you got to this...so you're just not paying attention to details officer...that would look awful sketchy in court.
    test
  5. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Wouldnt be the first time I've looked sketchy in court lmfao.
    test
  6. Got Life?

dually noted...speaking of which I have to be in court in 9 hours where I have to try and not look sketchy myself.
    test
  7. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Well my motto is "you can't win them all". There's a lot of gray area in the law. Make it work for you.
    test
  8. Got Life?

I'll win this one...i'm pretty sure of it...

oh and I posted a ton of pics so if you put up whack topics again...

I'll plant heroin in your bookbag asshole...
    test
  9. J o o k

J o o k Guest

test
  10. Got Life?

test
  11. MrMister

MrMister Urizen

... sac again ...
    should be fun ...
    test
  12. vada

vada New Member

nice...good battle GL...i was pressed for time last week, this week I have more time to work on my verse sorry to disappoint if I did last week
    test
  13. rocket

rocket New Member

great I draw Gabe of all people first week back hahahaha
    test
  14. TheReturn

TheReturn Life of the Party

Actually Got Life? is about to be added back in I think so you'll get L Dogg instead. Little better, right?
    test
  15. Robin Banks!

Robin Banks! The All American Ape

You have DAD named twice, Jook.
    test
  16. J o o k

J o o k Guest

Lol I seen that. Good looks baron. Ill fix it in the morning when I finalize ranks.
    test
  17. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

well after seeing that GL? is ready to hang himself if he slips down the ranks .. so decided he NEEDS to attempt to try and snatch a win via bitch moves ..

I'll hold out on bracing myself for a loss against Vada and hope that he can serve GL? again ..

Jook don't you dare stick me against that prick GL? for a 3rd time so soon .. lol ..

I'd rather go against Alias2 or Trybz anyways .. alteast these 2 ain't some ego driven idiots and I can have another fun week knowing there'll be no bitching from my opponent .. cos they ain't on some do or die mission to be the rstl champ .. where losing means they revert to pussy tactics of crying over votes ..
    test
  18. nah son

nah son the hundredaire

I just wanted to say sorry to those people who expected a great read this week. I was pressed for time, and posted what I believed to be a good story. mechanics, flow, and all the other goodies lacked because I don't sacrifice anything for my storyline. I'd rather not even rhyme than sacrifice my story.

I seen a vote that said he was confused on whether to vote for the creative story or mechanics. I was a tad disappointed because I thought story was way more important than mechanics.

I would vote for a creative story written by a child over a non creative story writtin well by an English prof.

What's your take on this. I want some peoples views. I am just trying to be better.

This week I will try my hardest to keep the belt which hasn't been done yet.

Holla
    test
  19. LokStok

LokStok Fuck that LokStrok cunt

that's a pretty good question .. I tend to encompass everything into how I rate a verse .. but I think in the end it does come down to entertainment value .. which is where the story/plot will rank highest .. but I still think it needs to be told well ..

in this champ battle .. Q had a good story .. but .. it wasn't told to it's potential .. and thus took away some of the entertainment value .. whereas your verse was more cohesive .. it was easy to follow and told to a good standard even though it wasn't impressive via the mechanics side of it ..

now take GL? vs Vada .. GL? has sound mechanics in general .. pretty basic vocab aside .. but the story was very generic and all in all pretty boring .. the entertainment value should have hit when the killing came .. but it didn't .. it was just left up to the reader to decide what happened .. whereas Vada had a creative and entertaining concept to his piece .. it wasn't written as best it could have been .. but .. it was done well enough to feel it was complete and enjoyable .. and in the end was a better piece .. shame Vada had to suffer a draw against the GL? private message campaign ..
    test
  20. 3-Planes

3-Planes Cruel... and unusual

^ didn't read your piece, but the answer is 'both' - although in my experience it's a tad bit harder to maintain a strict rhyme scheme writing stories (as opposed to topicals) without a decent flow you sacrifice the smoothness of the development (something that is just imperative for a good story imo)

wow, i jumped 11 placements - hopefully i'll get 'FICE somewhere down the line
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.