The "I Have To Be Honest" thread...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Kal-EL, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

um.......no not really.......he has amazing verses from like 15 years ago...........his 1st album wasn't the worst, but he is ass.......and he is creepy
    test
  2. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Sorry, I kindly disagree.
    test
  3. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

fair enough, no need to apologize......
    test
  4. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I'm soooooooo serious!...lol.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I listen to bone because their ability to harmonize and flow is unmatched... its not only about lyrics, its about content, flow, lyrics, and beats. the beats are probably the only thing I actually like on bp1, and that aint got shit to do with jay. And YES I do like kanye for his lyrics, although he aint the best lyrically, he still spits harder than most mainstream niggas.

I already stated a hundred times that the autotune ruins that album... Its my least favorite kanye album because autotune was so overused. I just respect the fact that a rapper was able to put out an entire album about his broken heart due to his mothers death and a hard breakup. Rappers have always been known for being hard and not letting emotions over a female phase them.

so theres a trend of rappers putting out albums about being heartbroken?

Jay said it his goddamn self on the black album. thats not me talking, its jay-z. I personally think that a rapper with millions of albums sold who is 8 albums deep should be able to do what he wants, but apparently Jay doesnt feel that way.
    test
  6. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

do you think that the auto tune thing was/is only used on that album by him?...........he started not too long after t-pain and wayne and shit........stop ignoring by answering the question with a question.........

so to make an album that no one in mainstream rreally ever tried to make, he used autotune in the process, right?........I agree that 808 in theory is innovative content wise, no arguements........

let's put that aside, as that was not the first nor last time he did/does the autotune thing.......if I recall he did it on a chorus first, kinda like t-pain maybe?........then he started using it on like most choruses, and there you go......trend-followed/borrowed/made use of/did not create......it is simple......

I am not arguing that kanye is not innovative, but you are defending against that arguement, and not well at all.............I hate some of the shit kanye has done i.e. the common album be, and his undeserved excesive arogance to name a couple things........But his musical ability is something i recognized the second i heard blueprint, and his raping and song making is innovative somewhat often..............

DO NOT CHANGE THE POINT OF MY POST.........

KANYE FOLLOWS TRENDS

no matter how you want to say he used the trend he followed, a large part of it was to do what you acused jay of doing........sell records.....you think he doesn't have a boss?.......someone doesn't sign kanye's checks?...thus you saying someone doesn't have a say in what gets released or how it's made?
    test
  7. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

we now know lyrics what you judge an album on exclusively, which is good.......flow and beats are very important to you as well, and you seem to only hate one classic based upon lyrics......****us you listed it's one of his most popular albums in the paragraph where you said why you didn't like it.....rather that you hate it........I mean was jay's flow not good at least on this.......the content was as good as kanye's 1st, where he followed trends like getting jamie fox on a hook......do not single out that last sentence

flow was weak, arrrogant as hell..........hmmmmmm

oh i know what jay said, as you just quoted.......where did you derive the rest of the shit about him? what did he copy again? did ever give me an example, besides a big lyric, the arguement for that i will not do right here.......

so jay made his shit more understandable to the average listener, so more would listen and buy his album.........opposite of kanye with his lyrical this and mayo benzes.......how is he the average of everyone?...........and honestly, how is that not make him the most innovative dude.........he has everyone listening, loving, and copying, or trying to, his business plan, and flow.....
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

that sarcasm, i can never tell anymore here
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I never said kanye doesnt follow trends. every rapper/musician in history follows trends.

but Kanye also does things musically music no one else would do. Being innovative doesn't mean a lack of following trends, but doing something different and making it work... like Jesus walks or Workout plan...

Jay-z doesnt do ANYTHING innovative.
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

never been a fan or jay's flow except on tracks like is that yo bitch or jigga what...
    content wise... nothing new except for the blueprint song... college dropout had more content than most jay albums put together...

how was it weak... and arrogant? you think its arrogant to talk about how black people dont get enough credit for their ideas? wow. I guess it was arrogant for slaves to want freedom back in the day too... after all, they had a place to stay and a job to work at...

before jay ever released an album, he spent almost a decade in hip hop trying to figure out his own style... jumping on numerous rapper's tracks hoping to gain popularity... no luck

fast forward to 96...

his first album (although one of my favorite jay-z albums) was based heavily on mafioso rap, which was huge in 96... Pac and BIG die, gangsta rap isnt as popular anymore... Jay changes to a more flashy, commercial, player type persona around the time niggas Puffy, Mase, Master P with No Limit and Juvenile/Cash MOney got popular...

he finds success in that shit... "retires"

comes back around the time all the hip hop is dead talk starts up and now hes dissin all the younger rappers for being too commercial, not street, and not lyrical enough... which is what hes been on since he came back...
    test
  11. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

sooooo, jay followed a trend round rd times, and that is your only example........who else retired?....are you saying that was copying nas in any way or sumtin??you're accusing jay of puting out an album he wanted which he did and it was very innovative rap wise, and saying he based it on a trend....this was a view point trend and not an actually chart toper trend too........kanye gets a pass, but jay is a follower cause of it?............
    test
  12. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

wow, way to only talk about one part of what I said.

it was more than reasonable doubt

he did the mafioso trend, then the commercial trend, then the dissing all the young rappers for being too commercial trend.
    for kanye it was 1 album, for jay its every album.
    test
  13. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol the comercial trend?......the trend to be successful and sell records?.....when did he diss younger rappers?........and kanye showed up all over with autotune, not just that album......but add that to the stealing of lupe blood diamonds thing, and his making synth beats, his biting of dilla on be, then you have someone who copies others.......
    test
  14. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

to this day, i still laugh at Jay-Z's lame ass remix to Bonnie & Clyde.
    test
  15. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

yeah, with kanye its certain instances, with jay, he made a fucking career out of it...

I explained the "commercial trend" a few posts ago... all of a sudden Jay was less of a mafioso gangster (which was popular in 96) and more of a rich, flashy player (which was popular in the late 90s and 2000s)

and wtf do you mean when did jay diss younger rappers? from kingdom Kome to his verse on H.A.M. hes been on that shit.
    test
  16. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

lol for real...
    test
  17. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

content that's new like what?....jesus walks, i'll give you that though it was a ploy to get on the radio......spaceship too, that was well done......but the rest is great, any more innovative than rd

flow was choppy as hell.......didn't sound good, he doesn't work on a lot of beats.......arogant i meant he comes off as arrogant in it...listen to his tone.....i have no issue with the content, it's not impressive to me though

fast forward to 96...

his first album (although one of my favorite jay-z albums) was based heavily on mafioso rap, which was huge in 96... Pac and BIG die, gangsta rap isnt as popular anymore... Jay changes to a more flashy, commercial, player type persona around the time niggas Puffy, Mase, Master P with No Limit and Juvenile/Cash MOney got popular...

he finds success in that shit... "retires"

comes back around the time all the hip hop is dead talk starts up and now hes dissin all the younger rappers for being too commercial, not street, and not lyrical enough... which is what hes been on since he came back... [/QUOTE]

addressed this
    test
  18. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

all the sudden?.......he was a rich rapper.......you want him to talk more like he still does crime........

what is ham?.......and cash money and master p got poular in 99?.....just noticed that....I must have been super early on my watching them on mtv.....

you missed about the rest of kanye not biting stuff.........yea, you don't care if he took lupe song idea, or if he bit dilla to try to make it sound like dilla..........a little off topic about dilla kinda a little, but trashy and low anyhow.........
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

before you come with your long college dropout thread, maybe we need to clarify content from your view....you mean it as themes songwise?
    test
  20. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

-the skits, focused on how just going to college doesn't= success

-workout plan... this is creative in that it uses sex as a metaphor for exercise. not just your run of the mill single.

-through the wire is an entire track done with his mouth wired

-family business- talks about family struggles

-last call- talks about how he really got into the hip hop business

the content on this album varies significantly. Kanye gives you so many DIFFERENT themes/subjects to listen to... subject that many rappers dont discuss.

yeah the linee i quoted u didnt like, but you'll listen to "i got 10 bathrooms I could shit all day" I have no idea where your getting the arrogance thing from... the tone in his voice is anger from hundreds of years of black oppression.

you did?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.