The "I Have To Be Honest" thread...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Kal-EL, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

see you don't hate blueprint......come on, at least cop to hating that others like it so much.......there is nothing to hate about it, maybe to not feel was great, but if nothing else the album sounds great sonically.....the songs are really well made, great beats mostly, and lyrics that aren't jaw dropping, but more simple........you say you hate it partly cause it's one of his most comercial?.....u mean that from an after effect or by the sound related to the time?.......

the flow on that nas song bothers me.....the choppy shit i really don't like.......what you find so special about the lyrics?........cause it's not like those are near his most impressive stuff, which to me is before he started trying to over intellectualize stuff that is not really deep at all........this song sounds to me like nas trying too hard........it's not horrible or anything, it is just not good to me.......

how is kanye a leader and jay a follower?........what about jay says follower that can't be said about ye?.........I hope this isn't a big lyrics, or mainstream trend thing you are trying to say, cuz you know that's crap.......they are both innovators as well as follow something popular in their own way........
    test
  2. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Agreed. I've tried to get myself into it so much..but I just can't most of that album is a fucking snoozefest to me. I mean I can see how his style and rhymes were innovative back then..but it's two thousand fucking eleven. There's a thousand rappers out there who have adopted the same style, and do it way better than Nas ever did.
    test
  3. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I understand that, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut....

I don't give a fuck if they got it from Jesus Christ himself...if the style sucks, it sucks. Would you rather have a wheel built by a caveman, or by the Michelin Man? Original isn't always better. Thus Lupe being a better RAPPER than anybody post 98....save a select few.

Damn this thread is full of blasphemy...lol...I love it!!!
    test
  4. vandalism

vandalism the king

thats a young white boy talkin right there
    test
  5. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

there is nothing to decipher, it's not complicated and it sounds good......illmatic is a great album, not the best at all, and not better than iww.........the beats are great except for a couple, and primo is always good.........again not the greatest at all imo.........and I don't like nas too much......but you can't say you force yourself to listen to an album many times, why would you do that?.........it's not awful like a canibus album
    test
  6. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Far from it...idiot.
    test
  7. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I rap. I find it necessary to study the history and the culture of my craft...
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

yeah seems like you are doing well, you gather everyone who has it as #1 is under 33 which would likely take care of most of this site..........As a gifted scholar, what have you learned about the culture of your craft from nas torture?........or rap in general?.......you got the bad over dramatising for effect of a small internet audience down........lol, really doe i know you don't think it's bad beyond you don't like it and get mad at its blind following..........be real, b-real was real
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I dont hate it because other people love it. Its the arrogance mixed with mediocrity. I dont care if Kanye did the beats... I just cant get into the lyrics at all...

"who gives you the latest dances, trends and fashion, but when it comes to residuals they look past us, woven into the fabric, they cant stand us, even our WHITE T's BLUE jeans and RED bandanas...." that shit was beautiful...

kanye makes the music he wants. He'll discuss whatever subject he wants to. He'll make a track the way he wants to make it. Jay-z got as big as he is today be studying what everyone else does and copying perfectly so that he's almost the "average" of all the hip hop music that is out... thats why so many people like his music. I'll give him credit, hes put out a LOT of dope shit, but he's not an originator.

"I dumbed down for my audience and doubled my dollars" he said the shit himself.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

You don't have to be a certain age or from a certain region to enjoy any kind of music.

I was born in '75, but most of the R&B/soul I like is from the '60s and '70s... most of the jazz I like is from the '60s and '40s, with the '00s coming in third... most of the rock I like is from the '60s, '70s and '80s.

I like dope rap music regardless of the time period.

It's all about what you're exposed to and what your sensibilities are.

When Illmatic dropped, I was a freshman in college down south... all of the heads in my clique enjoyed that album and they were born and raised southerners... they enjoyed it just like they enjoyed other NY rap artists like Wu-Tang, Brand Nubian, Busta Rhymes or Onyx. They also enjoyed west coast artists like Snoop, Dre, MC Eiht, etc... and southern artists like Outkast, Geto Boys, UGK.
    test
  11. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

That's admirable... but why can't you appreciate Illmatic?

Not saying you have to like it, but can't you appreciate its relevance and impact to hip hop culture?

Denying the importance of that album would be equivalent to a young rock upstart denying the importance of Are You Experienced? or Abbey Road.
    test
  12. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

do you listen to bone cuz it is ultra lyrical or cause it sounds good?......it is sonically pleasing to the ear, i mean the shit is difficult to understand anyways.......point being, you like that shit not for its lyrics, and you like kanye not really for his lyrics at all, but jay is the subject of ridicule for one of his best albums that sounded great and was innovative sonically at the time?.........

dream your whole view on kanye is far beyond skewed........and your break down of jay being a sum of average is really off on different levels.......simply answer this, who made an album and many songs with autotune all over it?.....was he in any way the first person or close to the first person to do that?........did he do that cuz it's hot in the industry and to sell shit like everyone else?.........

How could you say kanye does what he wants when he blatantly copies trends?........

and do you think jay cannot do as he pleases?.....did jay ever need to put autotune on his voice to sell a shitty album?
    test
  13. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Actually, my age range was from about 29 and up....with a general cut off at 33. And this is not the only site where I notice Illmatic being commonly placed at number one. But as a gifted scholar, from Nas torture, I understand WHY it had such an effect on HipHop. Sad thing is, the only effect that it had was being NEW and ORIGINAL in terms of style and rhyme patterns. But if that's the case, D4L and snap music are gonna be considered classic in the upcoming future. Just as all of the East Coast loved Illmatic, there's a much bigger Southern Coast who enjoyed and still enjoy snap music (I hate it though and I'm from Florida). Listening to that album now, you can't possibly tell me that you haven't heard 10 albums better than it. Be real...lol.

I never said I didn't appreciate it. I understand what it has done for the culture. I just think it sucks. Same way I feel like Run DMC are trash...there's no denying that they are pioneers and well deserving of their legendary status.
    test
  14. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

how old are you, like what year were you born more than your specific age.......i know they are the same question but the result goes into a theory of mine i'm not sure of yet.......

but look at the kind of language and topics you use in the mentioning of this album..........opposite extremes always.........
    test
  15. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

I find that people can't argue with extremes, yet I still get my basic point across without having to engulf myself in useless bickering like most people do on this site. And if one can argue the extreme, it shows me that they are intelligent enough and possess a well thought out opinion on the subject at hand. I mean, if you noticed, I only reply to those who can convey their ideas without sounding foolish...regardless of their point of view. And I was born in 85...
    test
  16. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

i'll take that as a compliment..........but extremes convey to the people arguing bad arguements, more to not convey well.......and to one who does as you do, in that i will reply to whomever regardless of their view, as well as understand opinions even if i don't agree.......I don't think the album is near the best ever, and i loath nas, but to say this album is bad, and premo is bad, that just implies a lack of what you torture yourself to learn........

one cannot force themselves to listen to music that is at least sonically pleasing, like you don't speak english...dig

85, i don't think my theory applies to you.......nm you too old.........
    test
  17. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Lol...figured I was.

But honestly, I don't even think the album is SONICALLY pleasing. Maybe the sound is a bit TOO outdated for me...but even then, I love other albums released around that time (Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik being one of them). The album just doesn't SOUND good to me. It's like listening to a Canibus album. All the lyrics in the world with an unappealing sound.
    test
  18. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

Canibus has a lot of dope albums.
    test
  19. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

^no he doesn't.........

really this was as bad as a canibus album to you.......i still cannot buy this.......but if you commit this hard, what can i say
    test
  20. Twamp

Twamp proper weaponry

He has at least 3 very dope albums.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.