The "I Have To Be Honest" thread...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Kal-EL, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DP Banned?

DP Banned? New Member

test
  2. OutLaw613

OutLaw613 Well-Known Member

Do not agree in what sence is he underachieving?
    test
  3. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

the same same "make booty shaking songs as singles" formula. dude hardly ever switches his music up, but fuck it, hes MORE than just a feature rapper fuck what everyone else says. that MVP premo track was ill
    test
  4. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

If Dr. Dre never existed, the entire rap industry would be 100 percent different.

If Jay-z never existed.... everything would be the fuckin same.
    test
  5. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

I why do you cringe? albums like untitled are the realist shit any rapper has ever said.

Its dope as fuck, but not groundbreaking.

where do yall naggas get this shit from? explain!!!!

lol you know just what to say to make my blood boil. takeover was Jay-z being gassed as fuck.
    test
  6. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Couldn't agree more. I think he's the most skilled rapper of all time..but he's not consistent at all.
    test
  7. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Okay, I remember this... from the Murda Musik album... I just couldn't recall the title... Nas killed it... with his schemes and imagery... Nas' rhyme schemes are too above most people's heads, I think... it can fuck with his flow at times, because he can do too much, but his flow was on point in this song... yet the picture he painted contained at least 10 cinematic scenes.
    test
  8. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Ludacris has a GREAT vocal/mic presence... great capacity for an elastic and dynamic flow... great attitude... decent schemes and imagination...

B-B-B-But wait, it gets worse...

His content sucks URINE from a uretha... most times, he's full of cliches and his flow is lazy... usually, it's the same pedestrian, in-the-box flow and schemes... everytime he does a feature, he steps up and competes with whoever he's on a track with... but on his own songs, he sounds boring and mechanical... he sounds uninspired... and he over-uses inflection.

That is what I don't like.
    test
  9. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I can almost agree with that... Jay didn't push rap as far as Nas did.

Jay took Big's formula and ran with it, but he did influence a lot with regards to style and what not.
    test
  10. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

He's just not putting any music out.

These other guys are ruling because they're out there... it's all about "latest is greatest" in the commercial rap world.
    test
  11. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

listen to Final Hour... u gotta be rhythmless if u think she stays on beat
    test
  12. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

She kills that beat... listen to her flow... and listen to the way each step of the beat is in rhythm with her flow... especially when she says, "I'm out to get the mozzarella like a Rocafeller, spittin' a cappella."

Now Canibus on the other hand, can leave a beat completely.
    test
  13. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Precisely. Which is why niggas would honestly think Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller are better rappers than Andre :funny:

I hope he drops something soon though..I'd love to hear a solo album by 3 stacks.
    test
  14. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I remember not liking "The Love Below" all that much when it first dropped, but now I love it... dude was on some next shit back then, although you can tell he was clearly influenced by George Clinton and Prince.

I play that album often whenever I need an Andre fix.

Now if I want a straight up lyrical Andre fix, I go for "ATLiens."
    test
  15. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Fer sure. Andre 3000 was flawless on ATLiens lol
    test
  16. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Not consistent? He's actually the only rapper who has NEVER dropped a below average verse. Pretty consistent to me...
    test
  17. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Word, I used to hate that shit.. I still aint big on it, but now I think its decent.
    test
  18. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Consistent as in regularly dropping shit. He's only been dropping random verses for the past ten years basically..I want a solo album or another Outkast album. It's been too long.
    test
  19. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Never been a Jay-z fan,like few of his songs but thats it,I dont see anything special bout him.
    test
  20. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

tbh I have not read most of this thread yet........but, I honestly think my opinions upon what I consider good rap have changed a large margin back and forth, to a degree, based upon arguing and talking about it on here with some of youz.......Like in some weird way, defending a rapper over and over or hating on one has made me like them much more or hate them more.........and when i was more into rap as an artist, i liked all underground, then the more I learned, the less I liked underground stuff as a whole........

I was never a fan of big pun really much at all.....I think slug is prolly a top 10 of all time......I like talking about rap more than I like listening to it now a days.......I think nas should be studied for the drop in greatness from each album following iww.......

rap was better far before the term multis and the net in general........
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.