The "I Have To Be Honest" thread...

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Kal-EL, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

This is where you come to confess something about hip-hop's quote on quote standard or majority, that you go against. Something hip-hop fans think that all hip-hop fans should do, should have done, or must do sometime in the NEAR future, to be considered HIP-HOP...so to speak....lol.

I have to be honest.....I'm not a Big Pun or Nas fan. Actually, I could give two flying FUCKS about ANY of their music! There...I said it...lol.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 3
    test
  2. vandalism

vandalism the king

I don't rate jay-z all that much in terms of straight lyrical ability

I feel a lot of his music: reasonable doubt is classic, blueprint is prolly classic too and he got some other dope tracks... but I don't think I ever heard a jay-z verse and went "damn, he fucking killed that shit". I hear these verse where niggas is all like "jay-z beasted it", I'm like... really... dude's voice is all high and reedy, his flow rattles around instead of going hard. I don't know.

to me honestly he more like kanye, he makes good music but I wouldn't put him up there solely as a rapper
    test
  3. That Nigga

That Nigga aka Hot Shyt

Big Pun and Big L made some average fucking music... damn near everything made before '94 is wack to me
    test
  4. D.Cipher

D.Cipher New Member

haha interesting thread

I have to be honest...I can't stand the current mentality behind relevancy. People seem to constantly want new music without letting anything marinate. I don't give a damn if an album was released 5, 10, 15, 25 years ago...if it's still good it's still good, and just because (insert album here that was just released) just came out doesn't automatically make it better than the classic.

Also, the term "instant classic" is an oxymoron. For something to be classic it has to stand the test of time. Just say the song/album is hot/fire/that new shit/or whatever. Shit isn't a classic.
    test
  5. genocide_cutter

genocide_cutter New Member

I have to be honest LiL wayne is overhyped trash
    test
  6. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i have to be honest, i think Ghostface Killah is way overrated and Memphis Bleek is trash.
    test
  7. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

i have to be honest, this post made me want to smack somebody.
    test
  8. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Agreed 150%. lol I think Nas is one of the most boring rappers on the planet too, imo. I mean, he's good lyrically..but the nigga fucking puts me to sleep.
    test
  9. Kal-EL

Kal-EL Krazed Familia

Lol....good shit.

I have to be honest, Big L is/was just another punchline rapper. To me, he's just a better (superior) version of Lil Wayne, but lacks the versatility to be considered on anyone's top whatever list.

And speaking of lists....

I have to be honest, a lot of (the majority of...) people's top 5 or 10 lists are full of shit, in the sense that you're only making the list with the people that the masses would consider appropriate. Have a fucking original opinion! Like, for me...if I see Biggie on another top 10 list, I'm gonna lost my fucking mind! Y'all really mean to tell me that there aren't 10-15, maybe even 20 other rappers that are better?
    test
  10. SirEgypt

SirEgypt New Member

I gotta be honest ..... yall muthafuckas needa stop worrying about swagga jackasses like Jay Z and Wayne .... sand for the people who aint down wit nas fuck yall, the 2nd fag who said nas is boring got a link to his music page ... NOW THAT SHIT IS BORING, aint properly engineered, ur dubs aint even on top, u got no topic to ur song .... its str8 trash, ur in no position to be disrespectin like dat, normally i dont knock new artists like that cuz every1 starts off somewhere but naw, This is the i gotta be honest thread so i aint gonna lie and tell yo ass any different
    test
  11. TWAMP$iN

TWAMP$iN proper weaponry

^^lmfaoooo

best post in thread.
    test
  12. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I could agree with that.

I'm a fag because I have a different opinion than you? lmao that's ignorant and close-minded as fuck. Nas has the most boring voice in fucking rap history. I respect dude as a lyricist and what he's done as a pioneer for the rap game, but a thousand rappers have done his style better since then, and keep my attention on a record way better. And meh I'm not gonna lie, some of my older shit is pretty weak. lol my newer shit sounds way better and is mixed way better, and is definitely not trash. Nor boring as fuck ;)
    test
  13. SpAnKy

SpAnKy 플레이보이

I have to be honest...

I only listen to 5-6 hip hop artists these days.
    I haven't listened to a Canibus song since Second Round KO.
    I don't listen to anyone on RM and never will.
    Hip hop pretty much bores me these days. Slug, Sage, Sadistik, Cage, Pusha, Kanye, and some Lupe and that's it. Cudi too. That's about all I dig..
    test
  14. SirEgypt

SirEgypt New Member

.... do i really gotta brake shit down for u?? nas started his music and said what was relevant to people in his time, of course yall fags dont feel it as much cuz u aint neva even came close to death 1 time, neva been through all the shit that peeps went through back then, now a days yall muthafuckas wanna hear a fairy tale song where eveerything is all good or a muthafucka sounds like he a super hero invincible god on the mic ..... get reeal biatch, hip hop aint about faking the funk
    test
  15. SirEgypt

SirEgypt New Member

and ur not a fag for having a different opinion ... i called u fag cuz u honestly sounded like one from ur myspace
    check it out for those who think im lie'in ... so where is this new shit that supposedly aint boring??? im a lil curious to see if u jumped out the closet or off the bridge
    test
  16. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

I sound like a fag because of my music? :funny: Sorry, you don't appreciate my music, but there is plenty who do. =]

So..I don't like Nas because I've never had a near death experience? Makes perfect sense. NEXT. :popcorn:
    test
  17. SirEgypt

SirEgypt New Member

... god damn this guy is retarded .. listened to his intro ... his flow is wack .... and he say he aint a fan of the ego centric on the first track .... 2nd track ..... talks about how he betta then any otha rapper and he tears emcees apart..... NEXT
    test
  18. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

What intro? lol and there isn't shit wrong with my flow homie, I'm sorry I just shattered your reality by elucidating the flaws of your favorite rapper, but that's no reason to make shit up. haha

I'm not really here to impress you though man, I make music for myself, so it's rather insignificant if you don't enjoy it. The point of this thread is to be honest about common-held opinions in hip hop, so if you don't agree with what I said about Nas, then you're entirely missing the point of the thread. lol
    test
  19. SirEgypt

SirEgypt New Member

I GOTTA BE HONEST ... this fag here is wasting my time ...... he talks about garbage, killing and slaughtering 2 be specific ..... and u can hear in his lil feminine voice he never harmed a soul ..... he a str8 gimmick
    test
  20. Murder Ink

Murder Ink Jigsaw

Lmao. You really think rappers live and act out what they portray in music? God you're a fucking idiot. With that logic, there's no way you can enjoy listening to 90% of hip hop artists, since 95% of them don't enact the violence they spit. Haha wow.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.