The honest truth about Halo 3...

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Look im Gangsta, Oct 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Look im Gangsta

Look im Gangsta New Member

Solo player:
    Fun to play, great co-op modes and 'Legendary' is on par with 'Veteran' from COD2. The story is boring and the cut scenes were diabolically boring. Too much effort was put into hype, not enough into an actual story. On 'normal' it took me 10 hours to (pretty much) complete it. Fun to play though, just no where near the hype. It's not even top 5 on the 360.

Multi player:
    I can't say enough good things about this. It's like a gamer actually put this together. Easily accessible stats are finally here! You have to make a custom game to actually get a worthwhile match (or you'll end up playing hammers on Snowbound all night). Everything about it is sick though. The class system is nice, the stats are nice, abused by cheats already, but among friends it still means something. But like I said, the multiplaer has set the standard thus far.

Graphics:
    On point but not 'wow'. I didn't even think anything of them till I saw you lot talking about them. They're nice, not a talking point when 3 other games are probably better atm.

Sound:
    Don't care. If it works, I'm good with it.

Overall: Much better than Halo 2. The story is boring, redundant and outright fucking nerdy. Fun to play, but it's a 6 hour thing. Hard to enjoy it THAT much when there's no meaning, more so when you come off the back of Bioshock. The hit system still sounds like everyones shooting Nerf guns at each other. There's no real 'impact' when you shoot someone, which takes away alot of satisfaction. I'd say it's a great game, but it wont stand the test of time. But it's definitely set the standard as far as multiplayer goes.

8/10.
    test
  2. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Finally someone who telling the truth. I felt the same way pretty much..except I didn't mess with multiplayer. After playing Bioshock..this game just didn't match up at all. But, people who are saying that this game is amazing..are kidding themselves. This game was very average...AT BEST. I am playing Call of Juarez now....Call of Juarez is even better than Halo 3.
    test
  3. KnightMere

KnightMere KnightMere

^^strongly disagree halo 3 is the best game out right now
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Single player is only half the game....if you only play that....you only played half the game....

Multiplayer allways was the shining light,....the story was the best in the first one though.....

haven't had a chance to sit down and play this again though, been playing bioshock while i was off sick for a few days..lol.....after i beat bioshock i'm a get down on some more halo 3
    test
  5. Look im Gangsta

lol @ only half the game.

It's still half the game.
    test
  6. Vikto Beats

Vikto Beats aka Viktomajarmo

Campaign always had a lame story but is always fun to play. Nothing amazing on campaign but they made it alot more fun with the co-op element. Multiplayer is fucking amazing to me. Halo 3 online and Cod 4 online are the 2 best multiplayer games I've ever played. To me campaign aint even half the game for me. I've already spent 5 times as much time i've spent on campaign just playin online. So I wouldnt really consider it half the game for me. I bought this shit for the online play and couldve told you the campaign was gonna be decent from the start. Bioshock is probably the greatest solo fps games out right now. And half life 2 is still a much better campaign than halo. Multiplayer wise this is my fucking game. And Call Of Juarez is nowhere near any of these games, thats probably one of the worst fps games on 360.
    test
  7. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I actually think Call of Juarez is a very underrated game. It's just ur basic shoot em up FPS. The guns actually "feel" nice. The beginning of the game is great..u get to shoot 30+ guys with a rail gun mounted on a carriage of some sort. Me,..I like shooting rail guns, shotguns...etc..blended in with the vibration effects on the controller w/ great sound. Playing halo felt like I was playing a star wars version of laser tag. If you've ever shot a real gun as opposed to playing with those laser tag guns...you'll understand what I mean.
    test
  8. Cane

Cane New Member

lmao@boring

of course it's going to be boring when you don't know what's going on. like i said, on internet msg boards, you'll find way too many simpletons who decided to ZOMG SHOOT THINGZ rather than pay attention to the stellar plot.
    test
  9. Look im Gangsta

As always, great argument.
    test
  10. Cane

Cane New Member

i don't need any more than that. the story's great. it's a pity you don't know it. i've explained before why it's great but msg board idiots just go with what another msg board idiot says and assume it's boring or bad, when if you look further into it, you'll see something that goes beyond just an alien invasion story.

heaven forbid anyone would ever see that though
    test
  11. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

now your buggin....call of juarez is a horrible game....
    test
  12. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

I dunno...I don't think it's THAT bad.
    test
  13. Cane

Cane New Member

call of juarez is obviously not better, but it's not like you're judging it without bias. you don't like halo because of the hype it got, and i caught you admitting it. so it's not like you're judging purely based on the merits of the game itself. if halo didn't get this much hype and only sold maybe 2 million copies, this topic wouldn't exist. it's the only reason it gets badmouthed and the story gets ignored. you have the internet like all of us, it's not hard to look up and see you're wrong.
    test
  14. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Wrong. I don't like Halo because I played it and it's the worst 360 FPS game I've played thus far.
    test
  15. Cane

Cane New Member

lmfao. yeaaah.

don't make me post links kid. you spouted off horse shit about "it's not that good and doesn't deserve the hype"

few days later you're making a post about how you finally played a halo game.

but i'm somehow wrong for catching your bullshit, aren't i?

there isn't a single ounce of objectivity in you and we both know it. you won't admit it in front of everyone but you know it deep down.
    test
  16. Look im Gangsta

I've completed the past two games.

Like I said, great argument as ever you easily amused titty dick faggot. Giggle, giggle, giggle.

Seriously...
    test
  17. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

WTF are you talking abt? When did I say Halo 3 wasn't good BEFORE I played it? Post whatever links you want dude...I didn't say it. Why do you defend Halo so boldly? My lord...one would swear you and Halo signed a marriage license.
    test
  18. Savior Celph

Savior Celph New Member

stellar plot. lolz\hahalol
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

why do i defend it? becuse of the sheer amount of simpleton dipshits who clearly can't comprehend a plot that isn't spoon fed to them with cartoon-like story archs that practically give you a plot breakdown every twenty percent of the way through. the funny part is, the people like you, never really know what it's about. they make a snap assumption by quickly glancing at the exterior but never bother to dig deeper. this is a story you have to pay attention to and it's easy to miss. yet, because you didn't see it, it isn't there? lmaoooooooo. get real.

and yes, you said halo didn't deserve the hype days before you admitted to playing it. sissy.
    test
  20. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

the demo for juarez was wack as fuck
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.