The Hall of Shame: WWE 2005 (Jan-June)

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by masterragu, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterragu

masterragu Sweep The Leg, Johnny!

How To Kill A Great Wrestler 101:
    [​IMG]

I was conflicted about putting Simon Dean in the Hall of Shame. Especially the first one of 2005, because everyone would see it when they first hit the page. Well Simon Dean does belong in the Hall of Shame, just because they have botched the gimmick so badly up to this point (Mid-February). Nova is a fantastic wrestler and incredible performer, he is one of those guys that doesn't really need a gimmick. He remained under WWE developmental contract for over a year dominating OVW. So when he gets the call-up, they saddle him with this ridiculous gimmick. Usuaully a good wrestler can take a goofy gimmick and make it work, but the writers have to get behind it, and they haven't. As a result, Simon Dean has floundared in repeatitive segments that haven't gotten anywhere past Rosey. Simon Dean needs to rebel, and drop the gimmick and be NOVA again!

Downsizing The Divas:
    [​IMG]

Last year's WWE Hall of Shame was dominated by items involving Divas. The non-wrestling Divas at least. For whatever reason, Vince McMahon discovered that sex sells, okay okay, he's not the first, and he realized that a long time ago. Well the WWE Women's division began focusing more on Boobs and Bums than actual wrestling. WWE Woman's Champion Trish Stratus even got to take three vacations during the first half of 2005. Lita was taken out as a full time wrestler and starting "screwing" everybody in sight. Gail Kim, Jacqueline, Jazz and Nidia were ALL released. Leaving the working women's division very thin, leading to a shameful Trish vs Christy Hemme match at Wrestlemania 21. To Christy's credit, she IS working her ass off to train and be more physical. But that is not justification to keep Molly and Victoria at home. This led to one of the remaining workers, Victoria, to snap and turn heel and demolish all the T&A on RAW.

Double "A" (Airhead Announcer):
    [​IMG]

As adorable as she is, Maria Kanellis is the biggest airhead I've ever seen! The funny thing, though, is that it suits her. People are going to get on my case for saying this, but she could very well be the next Miss Elizabeth. That quiet personality, the overpowering cuteness, with an underlying aura of power. If she could just make it through a show without messing up her lines she may have a future in the business!

The Masterlock Challenge (Stay Awake):
    [​IMG]

There are times when I see these "weekly challenge" gimmicks on TV and I think, "who actually thinks this is making money". The highlight, for me, is seeing some of my favorite Indy wrestlers on TV. Even though they get demolished. I think everyone in the world has already realized that this gimmick is going nowhere, and The Masterpiece will be back in OVW by the end of the Summer. Everybody, except of course, the WWE writers and management.

You Screwed Matt:
    [​IMG]

This is truly shameful. Even by WWE standards. Matt Hardy was a veteran of the WWE ring when he went down to a serious knee injury. He sat at home and watched as his girlfriend, Lita, was put into a storyline where she was married to Kane. While this was going on, in the real world it was revealed that Lita was sleeping around with Edge (Matt's "best friend"). This was obviously a torturous piece of news for Hardy, who decided to air his thoughts about Edge and Lita on his website. He was later released by the WWE. Wow, a double-whammy! He loses his girlfriend and employment at the same time! If Matt Hardy wasn't such a positive-minded person, I'd be worried for him, but I know he will bounce back better than ever. Look for a Hardy reunion in TNA this summer.

The Walking Kiss of Death:
    [​IMG]

Back in the scripted world of professional wrestling. Lita was growing fond of her husband, who she originally dispised and publically wished he would "burn in hell". Kane became a gentler human being and paid more attention to his wife and treated her better. Lita was quickly becoming known as the "Walking Kiss of Death" with everyone coming into contact with her, eventually disappearing. Eventually though, Lita became just as sadistic, if not more sadistic, as her husband. She manipulated him into doing her dirty work. Fueling him with her very own affection.

At the same time, chants of "We Want Matt" & "You Screwed Matt" filled arenas every time Lita was performing, causing some uncomfortable moments for Amy Dumas the human being.
    test
  2. masterragu

This S-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-sucks!:
    [​IMG]

I always find it humous when WWE drives so desperately to proove that they can "make a star" out of anybody. Some guys have a lot of talent, but they just don't have star qualities. Matt Morgan is a great big man and a talented by, but he does not have star qualities. Usually what happens with wrestlers like that is that they're sattled with some sort of gimmick. A gimmick that usually ends up in Hall of Shames accross the internet. Matt Morgan was briefly on TV back in late 2003, wrestling under the same name, with a slightly different hairstyle. Yet, WWE decided to bring Morgan back up to the roster with a studdering gimmick, despite the fact that we saw him less than two years ago talking fine. Talk about not even trying to maintain continuity. After a few weeks of squashing jobbers who he claimed laughed at him, he was saddled with Carlito Cool, acting as his bodyguard. Cause we know bodyguards always get over great. If I were writing for WWE, I'd pair up Morgan with the Dudley Boyz, so that Bubba can teach Morgan how HE got rid of the studder a few years back. Then I'd run to my computer and see if I made the Hall of Shame :)

Big Vis:
    [​IMG]

Once again I find myself conflicted, because I, like many people, found this angle to be highly entertaining. However it does fall into the Hall of Shame simply because it has nothing to do with wrestling! It is a mystery to many as to why Viscera was brought back to the WWE in late 2004 anyway, but nobody thought he'd actually be pushed into a featured storyline. It all started when Viscera was shot down by Trish Stratus, and then he turned his sights towards ****ey ring announcer Lillian Garcia. While Big Vis has the hots for Lillian, it quickly becomes apparant that the true object of his affection was FOOD. This concept was born when Viscera admitted to Trish Stratus that food turned him on, and Trish's response was "You must be the horniest man on the planet!"

Do You Wanna Be My Friend?:
    [​IMG]

Okay, I will admit it, this Heidenreich gimmick has its funny moments. The "Heidenreich March" is so damn retarded that it's cool, don't be surprised if that catches on. Sometimes the items that land in the Hall of Shame or in "Wrestlecrap" territory doesn't mean that it's necessarily BAD. Just utterly memorable. After a feud with Booker T, Heidenreich had a revelation, and decided to give up his destructive ways and just make a whole lot of friends. He would pull a little fan out of the crowd and recite one of his "Disasterpieces" for them. By the way, a Disasterpiece is Heidenreich's word for the poem's he writes. Heidenreich, however, doesn't like it when his heel opponents don't wanna be his friend. The gimmick is decent, if only his wrestling skills were.

Hunting for Guttersluts:
    [​IMG]

There are often contraversial storylines in the WWE that can be considered borderline shameful. Personally, as long as a storyline has to do with WRESTLING, or the WRESTLERS, then I'm okay with it. This storyline pushed the envelope, but at least led to some intense matches in the ring. For whatever reason, Kurt Angle began portraying himself as a 'dirty pervert' who enjoyed the company of "Guttersluts". The Gutterslut that happened to catch his eye was the wife of Booker T, the beautiful Sharmell, who had a stint in WCW as a Nitro Girl before moving on as a RAW interviewer. Sharmell played the part, and screamed in terror while standing behind her man, who gallantly defended her honor. Way to go Book. You da man!

Rewriting Wrestling's History (and making things up on the fly):
    [​IMG]

It was May 23, 2005 and RAW was visiting Wisconsin; something was in the air, but the fans didn't realize it until a few minutes into Eric Bischoff's "Funeral" for ECW. Vince McMahon showed up and bullied Eric Bischoff, just because he can, and took the opportunity to bury WCW just a little bit more. Vince McMahon claimed that he financially supported ECW and Bischoff did everything he couple to "rape and pillage" the small promotion. McMahon admitted that he wasn't qualified to talk about ECW, and introduced Paul Heyman into the mix. Heyman elloquintly pointed out that it was the first time the masterminds behind WWF, WCW, and ECW were together in the same ring. Made for an entertaining heavily scripted segment....

The Blue Meanie meets The Big Meanie:
    [​IMG]

In the final minutes of the highly successful ECW One Night Stand pay per view, which was an "extremely" fun and entertaining evening for the fans and wrestlers who participated, there was an incident perpetrated by one of the "outsiders". John Bradshaw Layfield, who is obviously jealous that fans cared more about ECW than JBL, took liberties by hunting down The Blue Meanie during the final brawl of the night. Once JBL got his hands on The Blue Meanie (from behind, I might add), he proceeded to punch away at Meanie's already bandaged head and bust him open. This incredibly unprofessional act of cowardous by a bully was witnessed by numerous wrestlers but went unpunished by WWE officials.... business as usual!
    test
  3. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

you should also add the Fact that they don't give

Christian (who is getting very popular) and real matches, but he just got a WWE title match, but it's bullshit and he won't win

Carlito never wrestles and when he does he always loses....(this guy is too popular to be done like this)

Triple H and Batista is the most boring Rivalry that has spawned a repeat performance in recent memory...
    test
  4. masterragu

By the way I didnt write this

It's from obsessedwithwrestling.com
    test
  5. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

Matt Morgan is funny, Heidenrich is a good gimmick, Masterlock is aight, Vis is cool (just needs less airtime), Blue Meanie getting punched is hilarious, Id rather see hot bitches than Mollys ugly ass

i agree that the kane/lita gimmick sucked even though its leading to good shit now with edge/kane
    test
  6. Flow-Joe

Flow-Joe Annyong!

Molly is cute and has a nice body... Remeber when she had that long blonde hair.... They made her cut it off, and now they're not using her. I would love to see Molly get some more airtime.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.