The GTAIV thread

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Lucifa, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langford

Langford New Member

I was just being an ass.

I do think you've been hard on the game, though. What did you expect? What kind of missions would you like to see?
    test
  2. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

You still never told me about the mission.
    test
  3. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

Okay, so I just played it a bit. I didnt do any missions but I just got into driving different cars and honestly there really isnt much to driving, it gets easier after little time at it. Some cars handle better then others, whats the big deal? Breaking into cars is fun. And I just got gunned down at the airport. I found 3 different bikes so far. I Like how instead of other areas of Liberty City being unavailable, they set up road blocks and you get an automatic 6 star when you go past it. Cops are pretty damn tough . I like how when you get the 1 star you still get the chance to escape when they get you, although it gives you a 2 star warning when you do. Thing Im looking forward to next is the drive bys because I heard it changed from recent ones.

I like how they made it so that you can walk, jog, and sprint. Player movement got easy real quick. Now im just strolling all over the place.
    test
  4. witskills

witskills New Member

wtf...why dont people post how the game is?
    test
  5. witskills

witskills New Member

test
  6. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

^What exactly are you looking for? I havent played much of it mission wise. But the Graphics are sharper then the first 2 and the details are pretty incredible. I couldnt help you much with the all around storyline though because like I said, I havent gotten into missions yet.
    test
  7. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

But if you're looking for an all around review of the game, you could peep IGN.com.

You'll probably only hear, "This sucks" "no it doesnt" here.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

My opinion is go play the game keeping in mind the steering is realistic instead of cartoony now. You're not going to be able to turn at 120 mph without crashing. If you want to improve the driving a bit just turn the brake camera off. Best GTA yet from the graphics to the controls to the story line.

This GTA has:
    main missions.
    Racing.
    bowling.
    dating.
    pool.
    arcade game.
    drats.
    drunk driving.
    strip club.
    hookers. (shows the sexual acts taking place in the car)
    comedy shows.
    tv.
    cabaret shows.

There is so much to do in this game it's over whelming.

For instance take a helicopter land it on top of a really high building then jump off. The euphoric pyshics engine makes your fall look/feel really terrifying. It's awesome.

I even created my own fun little game I call crash test dummy. What you do is hit a road divider going 120 mph so you fly out the front windshield. it looks so brutal. In reality that should kill you, so it's a good thing rockstar keept some aspects cartoony.
    test
  9. Langford

Langford New Member

you do that shit on a motorcycle and it will kill you.
    test
  10. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

its all right......long winded, though
    test
  11. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I've just completed the wedding cutscene .. so I'm getting close to ending the campaign part of the game and I'm nowhere near bored of it .. definite longevity value with this ..
    test
  12. veral conflict

veral conflict beatsrus

agree with most of your points.. the game is overwhelming.. ive played so much and im only 40% done..

i like the realistic euphoria physics engine and all, especially with collisions, but one thing i hate is how unprecise it can be.. i looped around a ladder like 3 times before i could climb up it..

overall though.. game is dope..
    test
  13. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

anyone been shooting the rats with wings?
    test
  14. Langford

Langford New Member

I haven't even noticed them yet.
    test
  15. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

they glow orange like weapons .. there's 200 to shoot ..

'pigeons' .. btw ..
    test
  16. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

I've completed 0%. Ive basically been crashing and jumping everywhere for the last couple of days.
    Atleast you dont get an automatic 1 star when you nudge a cop car with your car now.

I've created my own little game, not sure where this is but its near the beach. I would try and see if I hit a guardrail If I could completely skip the sand and land in the water. Haven't reached yet. I've died a lot though in the last couple of days.

I was gunned down trying to hotwire the little cart that the airport runway workers use.
    test
  17. Langford

Langford New Member

I get stars all the time for nudging cops.
    Every single time.
    test
  18. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

Really?

I remember a few occasions where the cops and another car would be at the red light and I would try and squeeze between the 2 while scratching the shit out it and I dont get the 1 star.
    test
  19. LeKCheR

LeKCheR Active Member

Ive been playing a couple hours a day since saturday night and Im too the part where I had to take that dudes pic and kill him...

So far its pretty cool.
    test
  20. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

I completed the story today .. enjoyed it .. last mission is a bitch though .. which would seem to not be a final mission set in stone as I was given an option earlier in the story to kill the target or do a job for him ..

after the credits etc. .. I started driving around and news of my final mission was broadcast on the radio .. which was a nice little touch ..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.