The GTAIV thread

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Lucifa, Apr 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Langford

Langford New Member

Why aren't you satisfied with the PS3, Rippy?

It took me a while to decide. After considering all the factors, the PS3 looks like the better choice.
    test
  2. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

I don't think it matters at this point. There aren't any groundbreaking games out for either system anyway. PS3 just has the advantage of blueray...but...personally...i don't care abt blueray. I don't even rent bluray discs even though i have ps3. Gaming sucks right now though. People can argue that GTA 4 is a good game...I have my doubts though...until i physically play it...it just looks like the old GTA's which got boring after 15 minutes. Only game I'm anticipating is MGS4.
    test
  3. Langford

Langford New Member

I'm only 8% complete so far, but it does play like the old GTAs, everything is just more polished. The graphics, driving, etc. You're bound to get the same thing with these games, just more of it. Different missions, characters, and environment, but the same type of gameplay. Most games that are part of a series don't go too far from the formula.

But they do have online now, so even if you're not satisfied with the single player, that's going to add a lot. I haven't even tried it yet.

The only advantage the 360 had over the ps3 for me was the exclusives gears of war and mass effect which I wanted to play. But PS3 some good exclusives coming up, MGS4 and god of war 3, so it's basically a tie there.

In just about every other department, PS3 comes out on top for me. Just wish this model played PS2 games.
    test
  4. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

it's much better than the other ones......but still overrated

i like it though......the sheer mass and interactivity of the city makes it a good game......

the combat is much improved, the targeting and cover system make the on foot missions better....

i still don't like the drivign, but then again, i've never been a fan of driving games anyway....but wow some of the cars are fucking crazy hard to drive in a chase.....

the story and voice acting is top notch and the humor is some of the best
    test
  5. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

I should be receiving it on Friday. Unless UPS lied and it ends up coming on Monday.

I bought a PS3 in anticipation of MGS4 and just started picking up games along the way and Im pretty satisfied with it. Especially since I still got my 360 on the side.
    test
  6. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

right .. so .. GTA is boring .. while hours upon hours of FMV with the odd bit of stealth is the only game you're anticipating? .. ok chump .. makes sense ..

but as for the ref. to 'old' GTAs .. mechanically it is the same yes .. but this actually feels better on all levels .. the city feels alive more than SA .. the story and characters are far more amusing and interesting than in SA .. in SA they were good, but so cliche that it felt repetitive and disengaged me from the story ..

trying to keep all your contacts happy is a task in itself ..
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

There's a trick to driving fast without crashing in this game. It took me awhile to get the hang of it. You Just have to lightly tap on the brake button (A) while simultaneously using both the (L & R) Analog sticks to keep your car steady, in control, and the camera view focused in the direction you intended for. It's a quick heel to toe afterwards just brace for the G's. You'll get the hang of it. lastly, the Cinematic camera view will help you out during car chase missions just press the (B) button and you'll lock on to the car your chasing when it's in range.

This game is so massive I've hardly stretched the surface yet.
    Best storyline in the series so far. Nicko seriously doesn't fuck around!
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  9. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

fuck going opening night and sitting shoulder to shoulder with some random stranger with terrible po and shit...fuck all that...
    test
  10. Langford

Langford New Member

test
  11. twdIDescipleI

twdIDescipleI New Member

this is the first gta im not considerin using cheat codes
    its weird...because usually using the cheat codes made it more fun..but im still havin fun playin with out em
    all just use em when im fuckin around but thats it.
    test
  12. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

Yes, GTA is boring. Metal Gear solid has ALWAYS been better than GTA. Why do I have to be a chump just because my opinion differs from yours? Calm down. Yes, I am anticipating MGS4...because I enjoyed all the previous ones.
    test
  13. The 2nd

The 2nd Bnned

Maaaan. I dont know how anyone can doubt MGS. Probably the greatest storylines of any games I've ever played.

Okay, I just got it today and im psyched. Didnt really get into it much yet because I finished work at 2:30 PM and couldnt get to it till around 5:00.

But from what i've played it is playing a little differently and driving is hard right now. Its funny because I hit a guard rail and flew out of the car lol. And I got injured running into a car lol. That never happened before.

Might take me a while to get used to the walking again because i've been playing Oblivion for so long that I forgot what it was like to not use both analog sticks to move around.
    test
  14. Lucifa

Lucifa Viva La Eva

Doubt MGS? .. I don't doubt it'll sell bucket loads ..

what I don't see is how you can label a game boring when there is so much to do .. and so much different stuff .. along with so many different ways of going about the same thing ..

yet .. start raving about a game that is 75% uncontrolable as you just sit watching the story play out .. as aposed to GTA where you play the story out ..

so yeah .. I still call chump based on that ..
    test
  15. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

The story line will still play out the same in in GTA 4....despite these so called "decisions" that you speak of.
    test
  16. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

Wreck - how long did you play it?
    test
  17. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

5 or 6 hours...

To someone who is used to these games..it's not that difficult to advance in that amount of time. The missions have the same objective..beat someone up or kill someone...or steal something.....it's really not that difficult. I'm sorry...after that time..i got bored. To be honest..i got bored after 15 minutes but i kept playing on just to "give it a chance". I look for more in a game than just stupid comedic sequences or sugar coating extras that make a game "appear" different....
    test
  18. Complete Chaos

Complete Chaos I'm Drugs.

You should vividly describe the last mission you went, and tell us about the cutscene, etc.
    test
  19. Langford

Langford New Member

He's full of shit.
    test
  20. Wrecktify

Wrecktify New Member

This statement alone explains ur choices of games. No, I don't agree with you...I have my own opinions of the game. Why am I full of shit sir? Because I actually played the game? Because I used the content of the game as my reference to back up my opinions?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.