the greatest QB of all time

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by PiffInDaHamper, Jan 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

substitute pussy with nude pics from fat underage girls
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I think that Montana shouldn't even be considered for the top spot since his career has an asterisk next to it (he was the first quarterback to play in the west coast offense before defenses had a chance to figure it out). I think Marino and Elway are basically tied. Elway never won a title until he got Davis, and I think if you give Marino an elite running back he gets a ring also, so I would say trying to differentiate between the two of them is pointless.
    test
  3. double ML

double ML Guest

marino is a better actor, so he gets the nod[funny]
    test
  4. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

^^ don coryell is the father of the wco.. not walsh

imo montana > elway , marino

i dont like to compare different eras so to me there isnt a goat.. how do u compare qbs that played b4 passing was around?? even lookin at the 70s compared to now.. u do realize how much the passing game n offense as a whole have changed right??
    test
  5. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

Favre was in Theres Something About Mary
    test
  6. double ML

double ML Guest

test
  7. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

hes got the acting down too
    test
  8. double ML

double ML Guest

nah

marino put jim carrey on his back for ace ventura and made that movie a classic

and he was the high point of little nicky
    test
  9. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

i havent seen either, to be honest. i havent even seen Theres something about Marry, i just remember seeing the part where Favre shows up and the chicks like im a 9er fan
    test
  10. double ML

double ML Guest

bet that was your favorite part of the flick
    test
  11. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

hell yeah!!! they were playing that clip on the radio over and over when the 9ers played the Jets this year
    test
  12. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

Are you fuckin retarded?

1. Montana didn't just get benched, he had serious back problems and was forced to sit out to rehabilitate. All the meanwhile Steve Young the #1 pick just a few years prior finally got in and became the MVP of the damn league. Walsh just chose to go younger at the position to prolong the dynasty.

2. LOL at you for discounting Montana based on his team but not Elway. Elway had the best TE in football for quite a long time playing with him and he only WON a Superbowl when Terrell Davis had over 2,000 yards rushing. He flat out had a dominate offensive line that was well versed in the zone blocking scheme that the league hadn't adjusted to yet.

If you're seriously going to have a debat about the best all-time its going to start and end with Marino, Young, and Montana.
    test
  13. Ax Cess

Ax Cess Huh...

No, Coryell focused on the verticle offense and power running much like Norv Turner and Cam Cameron today.

The WCO that was employed by Walsh focused on short routes to supplement for a rushing attack.

You could argue that Walsh picked it up in Cincy before he was hired on as HC at SF but not Coryell.
    test
  14. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Farve sucks. That's all I got for this thread...we already discussed this in the same exact thread a few months ago.
    test
  15. toker

toker My Money Grow On Trees

^^^

no

coryell's was the original west coast offense

and you're right its nothing like walsh's
    test
  16. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

so youre saying you dont like favre and your opinion of him may be swayed due to your personal bias

youre a bears fan too arent you?
    test
  17. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

people are letting their dislike for favre the person skew their view of favre the qb
    test
  18. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

He's gonna be the worst HOF QB when he finally stops the bullshit games and really retires.
    test
  19. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

no matter how badly people want to deminish his career, including him- whats done is done.... hank aaron held on too long too

the fact remains that brett holds most of the important QB records in football history
    test
  20. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Yes, he's a stat geek's wet dream (only because he has more passing attempts than anybody else) but please don't act like he just recently started blowing games with his terrible big game performances/horrific decision making. He's been an extremely average QB since Holmgren left GB and just looking at his playoff numbers....28 INTS in 22 playoff games. Disgusting!
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.